Why do so many people idolize this slow shitbox?

why do so many people idolize this slow shitbox?

Unless you're a pro racing driver speed doesn't matter.

Memes. No seriously, cars aren't meme cars just because they're popular (Miata, Vette etc.) they're meme cars because the only reason anybody gives a fuck about them is a reason that has nothing to do with the car itself

muh cartoons

They don't. There's a couple of weebs but the rest of them are astroturfing shills making it seem like anyone remembers this piece of shit.

Nothing hardens me quite like a clean Fox.

nobody idolizes the shitbox in your pic aside from obnoxious teenagers with bowl-cuts. Everybody else wants the one with the popup lights.

>people like different things than I do and it scares me

Because of the driving characteristics that all the autists on Veeky Forums could never understand

This desu
>b-but it's SLOW!

Literally who gives a shit, it's fun as fuck.

Lol its not even fun. It's a garbage car. My brother had a GTS (I know, not true AE86 but whatever they're all garbage) and it was boring as fuck. Had way more fun in my 944 S2, through turns, straight lines, sitting low as fark, ect. And he shortly after buying the GTS developed a drug habit, the car was so bad it literally drove him into addiction because it couldn't provide the thrill.

i bet you like the gt86, cuck

Seriously!
Who cares if my car only has 130 hp, when im driving down a mountain in 2000lb car gravity will make up for the lack of power.

sounds like being a weak pussy runs in the family.

shame.

>weak
>had a car with double the ae86 hp and almost as light.
Top kek try again

Considering hes a drug addict id say he had some shitty childhood. I too have been in one, one that was actually built with a good engine, suspension parts, the whole 9 yards and it is undoubtedly one of the best handling fr cars around.
You and your brother must honestly be really shitty drivers if you somehow cant get a 2000lb car to go around a track better than your shitty 3000lb car.

What a porsche, close in weight?
hahaha dude i would shit all over that porsche in only a red top 4age 86 with stock final drive and good tires.

I never said it'd be faster around a track. You bench racers put so much emphasis on track times that it's hilarious. I said the porsche was way more fun, in a practical sense that normal roads aren't constant curves. The porsche was light enough (87, so it was before they added mass weight) that it handled like a dream in the corners and had just enough power to be fun when you got out of them.the GTS was garbage for driving in the streets for fun.

Alright well i do give you that 1987 weight advantage over the later models but thats besides my point for liking the 86 so much.
A car that starts at 2000 pounds has a lot more potential for me to do something with because i dont need 200+hp to carry around all that extra weight.
Ive had a handful of cars and raced them all on the local mountains but I had raced by turbo II rx7 the most so I learned it the most, it was the most like the Porsche you had out of all my cars and Its great, since its early Fr-mid engine layout and low cog it made do but I just couldnt see how the long(er) wheelbase and the extra 500lbs I was carrying was worth having so I sold it and bought a Miata. As soon as I did that and shed the 500lbs I was carrying and shortened my wheelbase to hell all the learning I did in my Fc was magnified massively on the local track.

Fair enough, it is unique in that sense that it's a great combination of weight, wheelbase and styling. I just think that it's become this thing where people are blind to its shortcomings and a lot like it for the wrong reasons.

Makes me feel funny in my pants, if you know what I mean