Tfw have to buy a car and not a car guy

>tfw have to buy a car and not a car guy

how do i get redpilled on cars besides reading and posting on Veeky Forums

Best way to get red pilled is to buy a $3k - $6k older ''luxury'' car and then learn to hate the fucking thing as you can't afford the repair bills on foreign parts and repairs until you just suck it up and buy a fucking shitbox made of nintendium that won't let you down until you can buy a lightly used (< 5 years to new car) that you can enjoy and is still fun without exorbitant repair costs.
Just get a shitbox civic si.

you can't buy a reliable used car because you never know the car history

I have 5 words for you

Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor

Read the damn sticky to learn how to buy a used car.
Niceme.me

>i never want to be able to go over the speedlimit : the car

I knew a guy who had one of these and it would always fuck with people in the ghetto since they thought it was a cop.
I remember califags had to sell a lot of these since they couldn't pass emissions tests anymore. Not sure if they're still cheap on the market.

>Dunning krugerite thinks he's ever able to fully know a car history unless he knows and trusts all prior owners

LOL

you are literally just rolling the dice if you ever buy a used car, it is 100% impossible to objectively buy a reliable used car because you

NEVER.
EVER.
E V E R

truly know.

I heard CVPIs came from the factory not meeting EPA emissions standards, that's why they couldn't be purchased by civilians, so I dunno how they make them emissions testing-able

*couldn't be purchased by civilians at the DEALERSHIP sorry my bad

that's why you slowly accelerate toward them til they merge over, but you are right. People will generally stick in their lane and never move.

Been daily driving nothing but

That doesn't imply that a used car can't be reliable

>i got lucky so everyone will

there's a million things that the previous owners could have done to make your car unreliable

Go to your public library and read all the issues of consumer reports, car and driver, etcetera, that have automobile buying info. Even if you aren't buying a crossover, simply reading reviews of other cars such as crossovers is also useful because they make observations that can be applied to non-crossovers as well.

Check out car buying sites such as EDMUNDS.COM

And you find them when you inspect it, and don't buy it.

Now this is the Dunning Kruger effect!

Only a subset of things can be found

Just buy an econobox that's still under warranty

>16986725
(You)

>n-nothing could ever evade my engineering prowess and 15min inspection & test drive

Why are millennials so brain damaged?

A subset can be the entire set tho, user

Faggot

>this is what pushcucks believe

pushcucks? is this referring to pushrods?

thanks for the start of the redpill adventure, pushrods are shit.

Veeky Forums will insist he's purely a meme, but look up Scotty Kilmer on YouTube and start watching. His videos are usually only 3-5 minutes long, and he has a good one on what to look for when buying a used car.

>you be completely and entirely sure about how well the vehicle was cared for
>this means that no used vehicle is reliable
Failing logic 101 I see

Buy literally any lexus or Toyota where the owner has maintenance records of oil changes and at least 1 timing belt replacement.

Continue to regularly change the oil and the car will outlive you