/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games as well as the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more

/sthg/ #681 - Casual Clothing v.2 Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/DevelopmentsRecent and Upcoming Releases

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FXglHbYB1Y4
danbooru.donmai.us/posts?tags=chiro_(pez777)
youtube.com/watch?v=SG7W4MUKxY4
youtube.com/watch?v=PDoy4Y5AlIE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Slow

I have a dream that one day we can talk about our autistic pet topics together in harmony.

Post your favorite shitty Archie art!

Jfc is that real?

Oh, it's all real.

Omega can just tear apart all the inferior robots and use their weapons instead.

kek, what the hell?

pic related's art style isnt all awful, it has some parts that look nice and all, but it's far from my favourite

the proportions are way too realistic for sonic characters, it's just so strange and makes me uncomfortable

Correction this is actually thread #682 my bad

Archie was a mistake.

Sonic needs a manga series

my nigga

It had (has?) one.

post best future hog

Imagine all of the characters went to school. What would their grades be like?

Whoops didn't mean to do that.

Still need scans of the old mangas. They'll probably never be completed because of lack of interest.

Good grades: Shadow, Tails, Espio , Wave, Rouge, Blaze, Cream
Average Grades: Amy, Sonic, Jet
Shit Grades: Knuckles, Silver, Sticks, Storm, Charmy

Vector is the creepy adult that hits on high school girls

> mfw Sonic the Hedgehog movie trailer comes out
2018 niggas

>That's what I like about high school girls. I keep getting older, they stay the same age.

Big is the slow but kind-hearted caretaker that sometimes listens to the students problems and gives them simple advice.

youtube.com/watch?v=FXglHbYB1Y4
NICO NICO NIIII~

Weenie

Who made this image?

danbooru.donmai.us/posts?tags=chiro_(pez777)

There's a colored version, user.

Awesome.

Guys, guys.

Sigma.
Alpha.
Two.

SA2

Is Robotnik an adult or just an older kid in this series?

I can imagine him as the headmaster.

Wait...

Oh my...

youtube.com/watch?v=SG7W4MUKxY4

Dr. Robotnik is Jimmy Edwards.

I agree with this.

But the question is: Who will write and draw it?

HEY! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING? GET THAT HEDGEHOG!

It's weird how much I enjoyed the Gigamix manga despite its relatively short length, meanwhile the Mega Man Archie comic went on for a decent period of time and I never found myself quite as hooked. If Sonic had a similar manga it better be good and not some Sonic X shit.

Would Shadow be a bully or an autist?

Yes

I hate waking up to find the thread I was last on archived.

The inherent problem with Archie Sonic is that it started out being saddled with SatAM's cast and storyline, (which already wasn't that great or inspired) rather than utilizing the core cast (such as it was at the time) and working outward from there. When you get down to it, Archie Sonic's pretty much always been an official fan comic of a cartoon that's already taken a lot of liberties with Sonic's IP to begin with, and not many of them for the better.

Throw Penders into the mix and-- mama mia, that's a spicy shitball. Even with Flynn coming in and cleaning house, he's still working within an inherently flawed book. It's a shame he couldn't (or wouldn't) use the lawsuits to do a clean reboot so he could start fresh. ...What? Okay, yes-- alright--guys shut up-- of course, it's true that doing something completely original has its own pitfalls, especially when given to a fan fiction writer, but the more I look back on the first 150 issues, the more I'm convinced that being forced to work within the framework of SatAM is the real reason Archie Sonic had, and still has, so many problems. Penders just took an already shaky situation and escalated it into a crazed, enchilada-fueled, shitshow.

tl;dr I more or less agree. Dunno about a manga being much better though. Remember, the most notable thing the Japs gave us was Sonic X. Just saying.

WHICH FUCKING SONIC SONG HAS THE BEST GUITAR SOLO?!
and could you post it please

would you agree that there hasn't been a great sonic TV show, or even good?

or that by elimination that Sonic Boom is the best?

it is a shame about sonic x, especially in series 3, it looked like we could have more traditional sonic stories set in his world but no

I wake up to see that we're using that fucking retarded ass OP image that one bitch was whining about.
Thank. God.
I'm so glad we have such an ugly image that barely counts as a Sonic picture, gracing our general's OP.

First time I'm here in a while

How is this general still alive

Need more sporty Bump

Kept alive by the promise of games and dogged autism

Faggot.

It's been mostly shitposting.

Mania and Project 2017 will keep the place alive until they release. After that is up to if the comic is getting cancelled or not.

Is it bad that I prefer Knuckles as the overly confident, but friendly rival over the stoic, aggressive guardian?

> rather than utilizing the core cast (such as it was at the time)
Yeah, all three of those characters. What a wonderful and entertaining comic that would've been.

Honestly the comic wouldn't be so dead if it stuck to the current game cast

Yeah, they should've been doing what they were already doing. That totally would've saved it from unwanted crossovers, parent company financial fuckups, and lawsuits caused by reprints.

I meant making it ONLY about the game cast

You mean like literally no licensed comic has ever done in the history of comics? Yeah, that'd totally work.

God this drawing sucks.

Every once in a while I get the urge to bust out the old genesis and play some of the classic sonic games. Sometimes I'm surprised the old TV still works.

Mania can't come soon enough.

>3 buttons

Haven't seen this bait in a while.

I suppose it depends on what you'd define a good Sonic show as. AoStH is pretty good, but it's also pretty much just Looney Tunes with Sonic.

He was really only the stoic, aggressive guardian in SA1, and that's probably because he was still upset about getting tricked by Eggman the first time.

Basically his character progression went:
>S3&K - naive guardian who gets tricked but helps Sonic when Eggman betrays him
>SA1 - unlike Sonic I don't chuckle
>SA2 and Heroes - accepting his part as one of Sonic's friends and being more mellow
>06 and following - hurr durr dumb background character comic relief

what is does could be different from how well it's done.

>He was really only the stoic, aggressive guardian in SA1
And SA2, and the Advance games, and X. Really Heroes was the only game where he was what you're saying he was, and that was because they had no clue what to do with him at the time.

youtube.com/watch?v=PDoy4Y5AlIE
heroes mod with sonic, shadow and silver

Haven't played the Advances, so you've got me there.

In SA2 he was really only aggressive towards Rouge, and Eggman obviously, which makes sense because she stole the Master Emerald. He wasn't ever all that stoic in the game.

When I first played Heroes as a kid I didn't really like how they wrote Knuckles, but I've since come to like it. Especially with Shadow now filling the direct rival role for Sonic, Knuckles as the friend who gives him shit sometimes but still has his back works pretty well.

>Remember, the most notable thing the Japs gave us was Sonic X.

nigga what

Only ones I've ever had honestly.

Does anyone else really love the Sonic Advance visuals? I wish they made a new Sonic anime that looked like this.

I sort of agree with you, but at the same time I don't.

Sticking to SatAM did hold a number of things back, but at the same time SatAM was arguably the most interesting version of Sonic yet. Did you expect the comics to just continually run with Sonic and Tails going on an Eggman adventure and have Knuckles pop up occasionally? A good portion of the SatAM characters made for nice dynamics, in particular at the time it was important for Sonic that the only person he talked to wasn't just Tails, that we could see other sides of the same guy. Ian Flynn isn't the godsend everyone makes him out to be but I think he's done a more than adequate job at cleaning the universe up and keeping things fresh.

Since that seems to be where your complaints are focused at, I think it'd be best if I knew some of your frustrations with SatAM and its presentation in the Archie continuity. As far as cartoons go it was far from amazing, but way back, it held a lot of potential as far as an expansive Sonic world went, and the comics only capitalized on that, Penders mess aside.

The spritework in Sonic Advance is so fun to look at. Wasn't there a mobile version of Sonic Unleashed with similar spritework?

Pretty neat

Seriously? Can you please stop sperging? I don't even like the image but your're only one here having a tempertantrum over it.

cuties

For you

Another here

Adorable!

Post the one where Sonic kicked him into the portal.

LIVIN' IN THE CITY

who else would you pair up amy with?

On july 22nd 2016 I would have felt ultra feel with this

But classic is back so it's no biggie

YOU KNOW YOU HAVE TO SURVIVEEEEEEEEE

ESCAPE FROM THE CITY

Outside of Sonic? Blaze

LIVIN' IN THE CITY

I hate that hedgehog

I legitimately think Shadamy has the potential to be a a great ship.

I get that reference

I would say Blaze, but Shattered really warmed me up to the idea of Knuckles and Amy.

With Sonic CD coming out before the cartoon hit the air, you theoretically had the named seven plus the animal friends from Sonic 1 and 2. I mean the show sorta did that, but that meant we went from Ricky Acorn the little rescued animal to Sally the love interest so I dunno.

It's true. The Sonic OVA wasn't a huge main market success when it came out, even with the Sonic name to back it up. Sonic X was marketed to hell and back, and it got very successful in America (not so much its native country).

Knuckles or Blaze doesn't seem bad. I tried liking her with Shadow but it does nothing for me.

We're talking about the comic though, not the cartoon, and the comic came out around the same time as Sonic 2. So you have Sonic, Tails, Robotnik, and the animal friends, and that's it. Plus Sega of Japan wasn't telling them shit, so the only info they had to go on was what Sega of America was telling them and what they could figure out from promotional material. Even in the late 90s, they had to go and get a Japanese edition of Sonic Adventure just to figure out what was in it so they could do their Adventure adaption, and that was almost 100 issues into the comic.

Does anyone have that comic that was posted yesterday? The one with Amy hitting Shadow into the ground?

You don't need 6 to play Sonic son.

But what if I want to jump? or jump? or... I don't know... jump?

And now with Project 2017 the portal has spit him right back out.

What are 4komas?
Wind Waker was great with a four panel style. No need for some bullshit OC's that bog down the story. On that note, what's wrong with following scenarios from the games in a comedic setting? Or do you think that shit SEGA greenlit is actually good?