/xivg/ - Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward General

>FINAL FANTASY® XIV: STORMBLOOD™ COLLECTOR'S EDITION [PC] Pre-Order
store.na.square-enix.com/product/436377/final-fantasy-xiv-stormblood-collector-s-edition-pc

>Little Ladies' Day 2017
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/2017/Little_Ladies_Day/

>Gear Design Contest (Ranged Magic DPS/Healer Edition)
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/57b6173ca0330be656b9e7c6763a930a1d5ec5bf

>Patch 3.55a Notes
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/18f5ec1117033baa6574e9428acd375129aa498e

>Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXXII and XXXIII
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/3ee28e9c3569e2c7be7212675e20a99641370d8d

>Red Mage Teaser:
youtube.com/watch?v=SKuIOtF41dI

>Samurai Teaser
youtube.com/watch?v=Fp9EgbhokJM

>Stormblood Trailer (FULL)
youtube.com/watch?v=Jt1h1MinlLI

>Fanfest interview with Yoshi:
gamerescape.com/2016/12/26/famitsu-sits-down-with-naoki-yoshida-at-jp-fan-festival-2016/

>3.5 Gung Ho for GARO Collaboration
na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/001753.html

>Resources, Guides, Free Companies and Linkshells
pastebin.com/raw/YcEBGQWu

Previously on /xivg/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VqoyKzgkqR4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

wtf i hate ul'dah load times now

Where my idolc@ts at?

oh nevermind

I want to marry a bunny elezen~!

We know, Mel.

FEMROES!

are you a guy

Why do you even still post here?

ugly

>maintenance

Is this Alphinaud or Alisaie?

are you?

How do you filter someone by image resolution, again?

when the fuck is yoshi-p going to allow male lalas to wear the maid outfit? jesus christ

it's kendall malone

It's impossible to tell without a complex series of questionnaires.

alphinaud

his earring is on his left ear, alisaie's is on her right. he also has a blue braid in his hair, where alisaie has a red one

>goodnight post

tell me what to do i have nothing to do

Wanna chat on Discord?

xth for friends! I'm happy and grateful that this event has brought people together in being cute!

im akchstually autisticand dont do well with conversation so noy really i meant like game

Truly post if I've ever seen one.

the game is down right now wyd

also please move to balmung ill be your friend

yeah im truly autistic
both of those statement are false

Cross post from last General which I guess died:

Some of my friends have been playing FFXIV for a while now, and it's been a bit of a common connection between mutual friends - I've had multiple pals tell me "Oh man, that guy you know from school ended up transferring to our server the other day, he's pretty solid" etc.

As a completely new face to the game, how hard is it to get caught up? I'm sort of a veteran of MMOs, played SWG, WoW, etc. pretty heavily but haven't played anything seriously (besides a week or two of Blade n' Soul when it came out). I'm really into character customisation/player housing stuff but prefer PvP to treadmill geargrind PvE raid stuff.
Will I enjoy this game / what's the best way to get started? I know there exists a free trial which I'm thinking of jumping into (but hours at my job are about to really ramp up with summer coming).

tl;dr: lots of my friends play FFXIV and I kinda want to. Where do I start?

no relevant image obviously

join them on their server and get their help leveling

we're on the tail end of this expansion so not much matters beyond getting to max level at this point.

kill left, marry right

>MAINTENANCE

wanna play ow

Playing Overwatch

i havnt played it in a quick long second (minute() but ok

i havent played in months but idk what else to play
whats your bnet

No idols here, only pure, innocent c@s.

>moonies
>pure

moonies are SLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTS

aoi#12516 i guess i think i

if you love pvp this game is not for you. it is treated as an afterthought and all pvp is in instanced zones, even friendly duels. if you do try pvp, be prepared not to have much challenge. the usual people you will find doing pvp content are only there to get wolf marks to buy pretty gear, they have zero intention of putting up a fight.

okay i'll add you in a minute

As I typed that out, I realised I should have clarified. I really enjoy PvP but (paradoxically?) I am not one of those HARDCORE dudes, who has to get to the top of whatever seasonal arena ladder nonsense. I just find the competition of rolling around with a few friends and encountering enemies that aren't brain-dead CPUs is exciting and fun.
My friends did say that PvP was definitely neglected in this game. As long as there's some form of it I'm willing to give it a try.

Thank you for your response btw. I figure there's no harm in doing the trial, right?

You like corruption type RP?

Sorry, no.

they've added a lot of cool emotes recently

>how hard is it to get caught up?
Its fairly easy to get to max lvl and begin gearing since the Main story will railroad you from 1-60.

>but prefer PvP to treadmill geargrind PvE raid stuff.
If PVP is where your interest lies than your better off turning back now. PVP in this game has always been treated as an after thought.

>main
>te
>nance

get back on ow you autist!!!!!!!

im updating

ok

youtube.com/watch?v=VqoyKzgkqR4

why are you posting a picture of a BLM

GAME IS UP FAGGOTS GET THE FUCK IN HERE

no that's a machinist, it can move half the time

all that maint and no patch? ok

never mind, for some reason the play button showed up when I launched the client but whenever I try to connect I get this after the loading screen

NOPE IT'S ACTUALLY UP

Thanks for your reply. I will probably start playing after I get back from vacation (no sense starting a trial if I'm about to leave for a week).

Moni

redpill me on moni's moanies

This maint was only so they could turn on Zhloe Aliapoh turn-in's

Confirmed, I'm in.

I WANT MORE HEARTS!

cute

Welp, this is my life now, again.

Can these new recipe's be macro'd out?

Wernt you the catboy that broke the game fishing a month ago.

>level 57 and 58
>400-800 prog
>2700-5400 quality

gee i dunno these look really hard!!!

Well, I got BLAMED for it a lot. But I wasn't fishing at the time. No one can prove anything.

Oh is that all that they added? i was under the assumption there would be more to them.

They're a catch-up mechanic for now and will be much harder later.

>1 star
>hard

Really glad I got that new graphics card now

It's introducing a new mechanic with easy recipes to start out with that will get progressively harder with new additions once Stormblood is released, you fucking mong.

ew

Now you can clearly see the mistakes you made with those highlights and stubble

you're so savage ftelly

Kinda, yeah.

But, I sorta like it.

its casual fluff content it wont be difficult at any point

So what exactly is the point of this new system? Currently it just seems like a single NPC handing out free blue and red scripts.

Scrips, some materia and food rewards, and lore about the people you're delivering stuff to (and the people around them).

Finally got my PC back. Time to hug cats

corvus tp

Anyone else catch themselves watching other players interact with one another?

someone toss me 12 so i can play this game again

>catch themselves
I go out of my way to find them.
It's all I do.

My curse is no matter where I go, no matter what I'm setting out to do, I will bump into people having a moment.

Yeah what up

wanna do expert?

hnfnfng

if I was on tonberry sure

I really want you to change everything about your catboi

Starting with?

Redpill me on Lili Celestine

Oh

Well fug u then :(

remove stubble, change hairstyle, remove highlights

i will give someone 100k wow gold for a 1 month sub to this game