Prove to me that Plastidip isn't the superior way to change the color of your car

Prove to me that Plastidip isn't the superior way to change the color of your car

>Fully removable
>No damage
>Budget friendly
>Can experiment with designs
>Protects original paint
>No sanding or scuffing

Hint: You can't

Inb4 it looks shitty, don't let a fucking stoner do a rattle can job on your shitbox Versa

are you saying the plastidip at homedepot right now is perfect for a new paint job on my car?

OP is yes

And it does look like ass up close. Across the street is looks decent, sure. But it will never compare to a real paint job

Matte is shit on most cars, wrapping is the way to go.

>that panel allignment

dip is for poorfags or boyracers. Buy the car in the color you want from the beginning.

Literally the only people who would notice it's not actually paint are cartards with severe autism who think they're so cool with and everyone else on earth is a complete retard. Nothing wrong with plastidip, there's absolutely no way anyone can claim that it objectively looks bad.

lmao plastidip looks like trash, makes the car look cheap

>prove to me that it doesn't look perfect
>you just can't say that it looks shitty

What did OP mean by this...?

It's a mustang it already looks cheap

If plastidip could actually look like a glossy paint colour, I'd do it.

Plastidip takes more work than paint to make look like not-shit because imperfections can't be polished out afterwords.

Wrapping?

No because they probably only sell rattle cans. Would you paint your car with automotive paint out of rattle cans? No so don't do the same with plastidip.

Look at all these stock fags. Some people like to change their car, personalize it, and make it an expression of themselves. Sometimes that expression is ugly, but who cares, it's their car.

Plastidip is great for someone who wants to change the color of their car nonpermanently. It's great as a change to make you all that more excited about your car again. Plus it protects the paint color that you love the most and want to keep in the best condition. It's can't look like real paint because it's not real paint. It doesn't look quite as good but people shouldn't be dipping their cars to impress others. It should be to make their car more exciting for themselves because after seeing the exact same thing over years you will get tired of it.

Because it does look like shit. No way around it. Absolute dog shit. People are laughing at you. Just take care of your car's paint. If you want to be an art fag build models.

that looks really good, how much does a job like that cost though?

>looks like as no matter who does it
>LITERALLY throwing away money to have "muhhhh new colooorrr"
It's a faggot thing faggots do. Either buy a good color of car or KYS.
>spending thousands of dollars to make your car look like shit in various colors over the years
LOL

>thousands of dollars for a good wrap job.
WHY?

>take bright as fuck picture from a distance
>right after plastidip was done
>photoshop it
Take the pic 4 days later when it's chipping away lol. Plastidip is the biggest waste of money ever.

Oh look an autist

>WHY?
How else do I cover my car in my waifu

So you want to plastidip your car and you want us to put to ease your, probably already made up, mind.

Yes. Plastidip is fine... for about a year, much less if you live in a hot climate.
Then you have to peel and reapply. And if you do that, you're going to leave residue, which will come off with remover... in 75% of the cases.
It looks good far away, but noticeable up close.
You WILL mess up if you do it yourself with no experience. This is a fact. But it probably won't be too noticeable if you follow guides.

So there. That's about as simple as I can make it.

It's cheap. Kind of.
It's easy. Kind of.
It maybe won't harm your car.
And it maybe will look good.

It's ugly and gives off a boyracer vibe. If it's all you can afford than go for it, but stop posting pictures of expensive musclecars with it, I'm going to throw
up.

My brother plastidipped the stock steel wheels on his old Subaru Forester with some pearlescent mess.

One of these with weird pearl wheels. What.

Xpel or vinyl

It's an option because it's cheap(er than vinyl or repaint), but that's the problem with most. You need to lather that shit on with a proper gun and mix, not that spray can bullshit.
I've had my miata hardtop matte black dipped for 4 years now and it's still fine.

Half the issues people have are not cleaning the surface properly prior to paint, which is literally the make or break with ANY paint. The other half are people who put it on with half a micron of paint and cry when it wont peel off. Yeah, it's a bitch to peel if you didn't prep right.

You can achieve both good and bad results with dip, but the same can be said about enamel/acrylic/urethane etc blah blah, the baseline quality is prep. The only issue with plastidip is that if you fuck up, you have to start all over again, especially when it comes to coating thickness (i.e, you've done 2 thin passes and you fuck up, you kinda need to finish it to be able to peel without issues).

With enamel etc, you just cheese it with some wet sand and do that step again.

TL;DR
>Fully removable
Depends on prep, coats and substrate.
>No damage
I wanna say correct for 95-99% of applications. For the love of god, do thick coats for anything intricate or detailed, lest you invoke the wrath of a dissolver.
>Budget friendly
It's not a cheap 'mask'. If the painted surface is clearcoat fucked, you're double fucked if you try to dip it. If it's a nice clean, smooth surface, you really need to go ham on how much you apply. That costs money.
>Can experiment with designs
That costs money. Within reason, yes, but if you change your mind you've just wasted however much spray it cost to IRL photoshop.
>Protects original paint
There are waxes and clearcoats to achieve the same thing. That said, scuffs or 'splits' in the dip are nigh impossible to redo seamlessly.
>No sanding or scuffing
Unless you want a more permanent dip, but really you may as well just get it done properly.

Paint>Dip every time, cost subjective.

Just another bit to add to my novel;

You will never beat a proper spray job. Never. If a factory spray doesn't look like shit to you (with few exceptions, they do last forever though), you wont notice, but the finishes are usually awful and can usually be 'fixed' with an assload of cutting and buffing.

Once you've seen a proper job, plastidip looks terrible. If you haven't, ignorance is bliss.

I've seen plenty of professionally dipped show cars at various sponsored tuner meets. Sure, from over 30ft away, you may think it's a cool matte paint job. But as you get closer, you notice that the surface looks weirdly cheap, and standing next to the car, you can clearly see the characteristic chunky texture that plastidip chemists have yet to work out. As much as I like the idea of a cheap, reversible paint job, we're not quite there yet. It's great for testing colors on wheels and trim, but imo it shouldn't touch the body. A $500 maaco paint job will look infinitely better.

>expensive

Because vinyl pretty much always looks better, far less likely to damage paint from trapped moisture and dirt since you didn't do it in your driveway, and is far more durable.