Is Michelin pilot ss the best summer/sport tire?

Is Michelin pilot ss the best summer/sport tire?

yes

>unironically not being on team Potenza

Yes, if you want to spend double for the same performance as a Conti Extremecontact DW and get a bubble after 5 miles

Big fan of mine :)

Why are they so damn expensive. I mean, 250$ per tire is cuhrayzee.

No

Best summer tires:

>Summer tire good for rain and every day use
Firestone Firehawk Indy 500

>Best summer tire for performance
Potenza RE-71r

Runner up: Direzza ZII

W A R R A N T Y

Also the conti won't last as long.

>Firestone

Conti lasts longer, tread depth wear is about the same but the PSS start to get chewed up in the last 25% of their life while the Contis you can go all the way to the wear bars and they feel about the same

They're a fucking meme. Congratulations, you listened to FATT MARAH who gets paid to shill these shitty overpriced tires to fucking benchracers like you.

Better options are numerous and lower in price.

They're at the top of every summer tire list so who cares what Fatt Marah says?

>"""good""" tire
>memed its way to the top by way of paid shills like matt farah, roadshill, and others
>outperformed by tires half the price

Do you have a single fact to back that up?

Grip is worse

By how much, 5%? I've driven on both extensively, neither has left me thinking "oh wow glad it's a PSS" or vice versa. If you really care about maximum grip get a 200tw tire that blows either out of the water. The whole segment the PSS and DW are in is a compromise, why pay top dollar for a jack of all trades master of none kind of tire?

Hankook noble are hands down the best tyre I have ever owned. Amazing grip in the wet, and long lasting tread wear.

Shits all over the following brands that I have tried:
BF Goodrich
Bridgestone (these lasted a very long time, but the compound went very hard very quickly)
Michelin
Nangkang whitewalls (absolutely no grip in the wet)
Dunlop

I've got Nitto NT555's. P good desu

I am impartial to the less shilled but still very good Bridgestone s04 pole positions.

Yes anyone who says otherwise are poorfags and who the fuck listen to poorfags

T. Fellow MPSS user

Does Veeky Forums have superior LRR tires? If not, why?

>wheels scraped all around
>same performance as a conti extremecontact dw

it's always a trip

im skeptical about this after buying on the V12 Evo hype and being stuck with mediocre tires. My dunlops were a lot more fun, even if less practical.

>expert on tires he's never used

it's always an user

Rebranded Bridgestones

Are there such a thing as good all seasons? I have a shitbox first gen mazda 3 and it's in the first stages of rust. Don't want to spend money on summer tires i am honestly never going to push to the limit. Considering if it is even worth buying brand new tires desu. Pretty good sale on some Goodyear Eagle Sports, from Canadian tire. Only reason i was going to buy them from a place like that is that i have about 100 dollars in store credit. Plus a 50 dollar rebate. Once it all checked out i could get them for 396 CAD installed but not balanced. Summer tire i was looking at were Dunlop Direzza DZ102s, 119.99 each. Total would be about 560 dollars not even installed.

Tire size is 205/55/r16.

Hi Conner

>good all seasons
Michelin Defenders for that crazy high treadwear rating, but those are like $200 a pop

Seriously just get half decent summer tires, they'll make your shitbox handle completely differently

Pls, no bully. First i have to install the shocks/struts i got. Something is clunking a bit in the passenger right side. Hopefully it is just the strut on it's last legs. If i can sell the winter tires i fucked up on, make 300~ on them. Then maybe i will use it to pick up some decent summer tires.

don't waste your money, just get whatever kumhos are rated the highest on tirerack

summer tires on a mazda 3 is pants on head retarded.

>not switching between summer tires and winter tires

why?

summer tires aren't "good" in the summer, they're loud and ride like shit.

Only if you buy shit tires

>summer tires aren't "good" in the summer, they're loud and ride like shit.
They're not good, they're amazing. The fuck do I want the flex of siping for in 95 degree heat?

no, there are almost no normal summer tires available, which is why normal people just buy all seasons. they all have really low treadwear because people who buy summer tires just want sticky tires.

i don't care about you or your needs, the guy with a 4 cylinder mazda 3 who lives in canada does not need summer tires.

what's your excuse for the wheels?

Does Canada not have Summer?

canada has winter, and the cost of summer tires that wear out in one season will be more than half decent all seasons and good winter tires

summer tires suck unless you need very sticky tires, which he does not. again, they ride like shit, they're loud, and they wear about twice as fast as your average all seasons. there is no reason to get them if you do not autox or hit the track in your compact fwd shitbox.

Which is why you people have winter tires for the other half of the year
And even all seasons that have high tread wear ratings cost a pretty penny

>loud
>ride like shit
>SAME PRICE AS ALL SEASONS BUT LAST A HALF OR A THIRD OF THE MILES

fuck off

>wrong
>wrong
>wrong

none of those are wrong though

They're all wrong though

Seems you bought some chink shit summer tires and decided that's reality for all summer tires

>shilling for Michelin
kys

>Do you have a single fact to back that up?
consumer reports tests

For me it's the previous owner. I don't have the money for new wheels or to refinish the ones I have. I would do it myself, but they have a wierd stippling that would get completely ruined if I was to do the standard sand/paint/balance that most shitbox owners do.

Pic related, not my picture but the wheels I own.

Toyo Proxes R888s are the best tires available for sale currently

Lmao poor

Lmao 20yo tyres beaten by every other tyre on the market

What are some good tires for 17 inch wheels

my current size is 215/45/17

what are the pros and cons of thicker profile tires? and how would I know if thicker profile tires will fit my wheels/car

>Firestone

Poorfag

Literally Bridgestones

>durr Firestone 500

No , the Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S is though.

Post those consumer report tests then, I bet you can't find them.

By spending the most on shills yes

Nah, how about you go suck a dick?

Tires are literally the one thing that actually keeps your vehicle on the goddamn road and affect just about everything else on the car from how it feels to how it behaves. If you've got a Camry, Civic, or a Corolla that you just use for putzing around town or a Cuck-Utility-Vehicle for baby farming then yeah sure, get the all seasons and skip winters/summers. Conti ExtremeContact DWS, fucking done. Good enough in literally all situations.

But if you actually paid extra money for a car that's supposed to be fun to drive and you throw some PoS all-seasons on there, you're a moron.

It's like buying fried chicken and peeling off all the skin before you eat it.

is that a gt86?

I run Michelin Pilot Super Sports on my 240sx. This is my 5th set of summer performance type tires over the 145,000 miles I've put on my car. Out of all the different sets of tires none have come close to the raw cornering power these tires can dish out. To reach the limits of these tires would require a track. I've taken highway exits (think cloverleaf shape) at triple the rated speed and still heard no complaints (read: squeels) from the tires. Pushing harder on public roads is irresponsible, for a tire to be able to grip to that level is assuring with normie crazy drivers around you. Also 1XXmph+ stability is phenomenal, you feel planted and secure in applying more power.

Tire noise is low, and ride better than my secondary set of sport all-seasons.

40,000 mile wear guarantee

Ran 225/45/17 on a 7in wide rim. This is the max width you can run on that rim width size. You can find charts etc for proper tire fitment to rim width. Find out what width your rims are and buy accordingly.

Tirerack usually throws in road hazard with the purchase, this is a must with $160+ ea tires. In store road hazard fine print is bullshit (co-pay etc) compared to tire rack's offering btw.