/nintyg/ - Nintendo General

There was no thread, so I created it.

Other urls found in this thread:

mynintendonews.com/2017/03/02/nintendo-switch-uses-friend-codes-to-add-friends/
valuewalk.com/2016/12/nintendo-switch-fcc/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is there a game with character like Ciel, for Nintendo consoles?
Ciel wishes to be friends with me, she is so kind, I like her very much. Also she is very beautiful.

New Custom Robo when

But Alisa is infinitely better

Ciel is especially pleasant girl.

But Alisa is infinitely more pleasant. And she's super cute!

Maybe for someone, but personally I like Ciel more

And you are personally wrong!

Can't afford to buy all the Switch stuff right now, so I just got the Pro controller to use for PC gaming for now. Works more painlessly than the Wii U pro did, and twice as comfy. Anyone else got one? What do you think of it?

Also after testing, it didn't work on Wii U or PS4 sadly.

Why you buy Switch at its start?

I don't mind the trickle of games, I don't play all that much so it lets me focus on getting one game finished instead of having a million unfinished games to choose from. Unless there's a major manufacturing fault I don't see why not, I'm not picky

mynintendonews.com/2017/03/02/nintendo-switch-uses-friend-codes-to-add-friends/

So how are you guys liking your new under-powered gimmicky Nintendo console so far?

>under-powered gimmicky Nintendo console
Just a new Nintendo handheld, nothing especial

But this ugly thing is replacing the Wii U, a stationary console

Perhaps we will get a new Nintendo's home console in next two years.

I'm still playing through Dragon Quest VIII, bit by bit, and there were a couple of strange changes I noticed in cut scenes.

>PS2: Dominico makes David eat Leopold's dog food before serving it
>3DS: Leopold just lunges at David, then starts eating his food

>PS2: To stop the sceptre from taking control of himself, Marcello uses a knife to cut at the vines, then stabs his arm
>3DS: Instead of stabbing himself, he blasts a fireball spell at his arm after cutting some of the vines

I wonder what even prompted these changes? This seems to be the same in the Japanese release.

If you have the chance, could you try if it works on a mac (osx)? Want to play risk of rain, and if I have to get a controller anyway, might as well buy the switch pro one.

I don't have a Mac, but the gamepad when connected acts as a generic gamepad so if Mac supports that over Bluetooth it should work fine. NFC and rumble don't seem to work on PC at least, though. I can confirm that on Windows (under Steam big picture) Risk of Rain works fine.

Greetings fellow /RoR/fag, Shitboxhost here

>switch comes out today (midnight anyway)
>page 10

Where did we go wrong? Maybe... maybe it just needs some games.

maybe the OP should have included actual tags and news, my bookmark for nintyg has been "3ds" for years

Thanks for the info. GOG's RoR page says, that DirectInput compatibility is required on OSX. Might be an SDL thing. Anyway, if it works on Windows it should be OK.

should we create /swig/ instead?

Windows' DirectInput is just the API for generic non-360 controllers, AKA what the Pro controller registers as, so you'll be fine. If anything you might need to map the controls in the game settings first.

Does anyone know if there are going to be supply issues for the Switch?

Something unexpected came up so I really shouldnt spend this money.
I did not preorder.
But there is a walmart that never ever sells out of anything. I called and they said they had about 18 in stock that were NOT preordered and will be for sale.

Every other store (and I called a dumb amount) said all were accounted for.

Should I be hood rich and try to buy one tomorrow morning, or will they be available in about 2 and a half weeks?

Also if you are on the hunt for a Switch, think about your local walmarts. The one weird one near me?
>medium sized city with a TON of industry and businesses
>has about 10,000 residents, has the land space of what could be 75-80k residents
>where everyone works but nobody actually lives
>everyone lives in smaller land sized cities 20 minutes away (each with their own walmarts)
>been told by friends who have worked there that they sell maybe a 1/4 of what nearby walmarts do

I was surprised they got any Switches at all, but it seems they have enough I might actually be able to nab one.

My router is invisible to my Switch.
Every other device can see it and connect to it without a problem but even when I'm standing right next to it, the Switch still can't detect it.
The router is broadcasting and everything. For some reason it's just invisible.

Does your router push out 5ghz?
If its an older 2.4 only it wont work with 802.11ac on the Switch

Did you try setting up the connection manually?

I just checked my router. It says it outputs a 2.4ghz band.
At least I know the problem now.
It's still disappointing. I was looking forward to playing Snipperclips today but now I'll have to wait.

Does the Switch take any type of USB lan adapter or does it have to be the "Nintendo Official Ultra Gaming Whatever USB Lan Adapter"?

Gyro aiming with seperated joycons is much better than the Wii U gamepad.
I can't wait until Splatoon 2.

Switch supports both 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ. There is an issue somewhere else

valuewalk.com/2016/12/nintendo-switch-fcc/

>Documents also revealed the Switch will connect to WiFi on the 2.4GHz and 5GHz spectrums, the latter a new and less-crowded option Nintendo’s Wii U console doesn’t feature.
Well shit. Now what do I do?

As a work-around, I'm having to use Connectify to use my laptop to share my internet until I can grab a USB LAN device.
It could just be an issue with my modem but I'm going to keep an eye out to see if anyone else has the same issues.
I know that some Wii U owners had the same issue at launch.

Who still /WiiU/ here?
I aint fucking with the Switch for another few years until its worth picking up

I hope someone will create game like Summer Lesson for Switch.

worst op i've ever seen

Why?

See , and also no news at all.

I don't know any current Nintendo news, I just wanted to ask the question

So who's going to the Switch launch here?

>he fell for the switch meme

What's the most basic outlet based charger I can buy for the Switch?

The one that comes with the Switch is basically for the Dock and I don't want to lug it around.

>Asking a question a subject immediately means that's what they're doing

is he /ourguy/?

How decent is the wii u version of Zelda?

the same as the wii u but in 720p

anything good on the eshop? thinking about just buying some stuff on the jp one

Huh?

which system?

switch, I just picked up shovel knight but I was wondering if fast rmx was anygood. anyone know what the neo geo ports are like aswell?

>company itself advertises and says switch is a HOME console you can turn into a portable
>fags still believe in muh home console will be launched later
>implying this isn't nintendo's new console

Castlevania White Night Concerto

So wait

Are funds on used on the wii u and 3ds eshop separate from the switch? I already linked my nnid I use on my wii u to the Nintendo account I used on my switch

now we wait for the 3DS successor

there's an option to merge funds, I got it when I was buying stuff

Oh sweet thanks

So how's Bomberman

I've got the same problem, i'm using my pocket hotspot to update and see if it fixes it. If that doesn't work then it's messing with my router to see what's up

FRMX is just an enhanced port of FAST Racing Neo which was great (but suffered from bugs at launch which got patched out and rubberbanding AI that didn't) so I'd definitely recommend that.
If you've got someone to play co-op with (and can co-operate instead of arguing with each other), you should definitely get Snipperclips. I've just been playing it co-op and it's fantastic.
From what I've read, the ACA ports are great on the PS4. I was considering plunking down for Metal Slug 3. The screenshots look gorgeous on the Switch's screen.

Keep us updated.
This is really fucking annoying and I hope it gets fixed before the Splatoon global test-fire.

so is it true? do switch cartridges really taste terrible? any more so than 3DS or other Nintendo cartridges?

Yes. I tested it myself.
It's a really strong, bitter taste. I don't recommend it.

what the fuck? why? what did they do differently with the switch that they didn't do previously?

to prevent small children from eating the cartridges.

They coat the cartridges in some non-toxic compound that tastes terrible so small children don't eat them.
The fact that they said "Do not lick these cartridges, they taste terrible" just made me want to lick them.

I made some OC for you after playing Snipperclips.
This game is the ultimate lewd simulator.

Underage

IT'S OUT

UPS don't fail me now.

I preordered at a gamestop, which happens to not do midnight release, so I'll go tomorrow

LOL

I am now drawn to lick a cartridge now too

How do you do that spin?

>buying a brand new console to play this

>you see that mountain? you can walk all the way over to it and not see anything of note

Anyone got a recommended games chart for 3ds?

Update didn't fix it but I changed my router(Linksys E3200) firmware, the hardware supports 5ghz but for some reason the version of DDWRT installed didn't. Since it turns out there was no higher firmware of DDWRT that did support it I installed Tomato instead and now both the 2.4 and the 5 ghz networks show up as well as the Wifi extender. I'm guessing I had the wifi setup in such a way that it wasn't compatible with the Switch, possibly to support some legacy device like the DS(if you can't tell it's been years since I've made any major setting changes) but the defaults of a modern firmware worked fine. Sorry that this probably wasn't much help(or legible), looks like my case was likely a bit self inflicted.

>Just Dance 2017 has PoPiPo.
If they released a Just Dance: Project Diva game I'd probably buy that day one.

>anyone know what the neo geo ports are like aswell?
I got Metal Slug 3.
Coming from the Wii U VC it's like night and day.
Not as great as Sega 3D Classics but still a great port.
Lots of settings to tweak around with (including customisable controls and scanline filters if wanted), in-game manual (the Switch doesn't even have in-game manuals), single joy-con support so local co-op is easy and four seperate versions of the game.
>Japanese Version (Original Mode)
>English Version (Original Mode)
>Hi Score Mode (A scored run to see how high you can score on a single credit with no turbo function or saving allowed. Your scores are uploaded onto a global leaderboard.)
>Caravan Mode (Same as Hi Score Mode only you're competing for a high score withing a 5 minute period instead of one credit).
It looks great on the Switch's screen and I haven't noticed any input lag whatsoever.
There is noticable slowdown in hectic areas with lots of explosions and bullets flying though. I haven't played MS3 on a cabinet so I don't know how it compares to that version. I'm not sure if it's intentional slowdown to emulate original slowdown but it seems to be consistent with the PS4 ACA Metal Slug version rather than a fault specifically with the Switch version.

Having played this, I think I'll definitely get more Arcade Archives as they come out.

Forgot my picture.
I hope it's thick enough.

shitch

>Get on Switch
>set up
>"Connect to the internet for update"
>"In order to update you need to connect to the internet"
>Can't connect
>Make wifi with no password to get update
>"We cannot download the update at this time"
literally WHAT the fuck is nintendo doing?
"Hey guys! Lets release a console that CAN'T connect to the internet properly! But not to forget the fact it has to have VERY specific settings!"

Then not having a browser so I can play in public? I MEAN I WOULD LOVE TO PLAY MY LOLISPLAT WHEN IT COMES OUT!
But seriously, what the literal fuck?

1. I'm loving Rune Factory 4. What other RF (including the Wii ones if they're good) and Harvest Moon games are worth playing?

2. How is the 3ds port of Xenoblade or should I just emulate the the Wii version?

I remember the launch Wii U bug that required you to manually set either an IP address or DNS to be able to initially connect and patch out that same bug with the fuckhuge system update

pic unrelated, Rhythm Paradise Switch when

How is Bomberman?

this legit makes no fucking sense

Amazon.ca just got switches back in stock for prime members only, managed to buy one. Did anyone else get one?

Can someone tell me how good the screen is?
I'm on the fence about whether or not to get a tempered glass screen protector. I don't really want to, but if it scratched easily I feel like I'd have to

>walking round town going to opticians
>hear 5 different people talking about the switch and how hard it is to get one
At least people know it exists this time

>Guy walks in
>says he has 6 preorders
>"I did it cause sometimes Wal*Mart may run out of stock and wont listen to people and stock back up"
>did it also at different game stops
>GS as a "1 per customer" policy
>Tried to get a preoder at our store
>Manager calls him out on scalping
>Not banned but said we were liable to lynch him if he were a scalper.
>guy leaves 5 minutes later

Just walked past a Cex (trade in game shop in UK) and they have 2 Switches in the window marked up +£80 already
The scalpers are hunting

that's so fucking stupid

I'm still gonna use my 3DS, 3DS is still the best.

Switch is so gimmicky.... As if the 3DS isn't gimmicky enough with its 3D

>all those 100s in metacritic
Not sure if it's paid or actual genuine.

Probably just fanboys
No way anyone can have 100% the game yet

are you guys memeing or are you just a hater that wants to be upset?

he always posts the same videos, you can easily ignore him

im saying that cus im new.

yeah dont worry, he's not the real problem here

Im literally only here because of the switch.

T-Minus 1 hour to deliver. Hurry up UPS man.