Find me a better engine made. Pro-tip, you can't

Find me a better engine made. Pro-tip, you can't.

done

Look, the 4AGE is a pretty good engine, but let's not pretend it's the end all. It just werks, but it's not a real standout either: the 1UZ-FE is more reliable and the K series is pretty much an all around better four.

>1990s yamaha motor
LOL

The 4age is a 1980s yamaha motor

>OP does not mention what he wants in an engine
>therefore nobody could possibly post a better one because what's "better" to someone else may not be "better" to him
Is this basically bait designed to get people to shitpost about engines?

So? It's shit too.

>hutt mahhh super basic 4 cyl with shit power made popular by a cartoon is da best!!!

Shit by what metric?
Not OP btw.
Also the 1nzfe and the 4afe are better engines than the 4age.

>Is this basically bait designed to get people to shitpost about engines?

Wow user, how'd you guess?

If you think the 4A-GE engine is only popular because of Initial-D, then you're seriously a massive moron.

That is literally the reason it's POPULAR in Murriccaa.

muh dohc

K series shits all over the 4age. And this isn't even considering 6 or 8 cylinder engines.

The 13B of course

1000% this

>gif
>no moving image
REEEEEEEEEEE

Why would a single cam engine be a great platform.

out of my way enginette fucking shits

>he thinks its a single cam
Aww cute.

ayyy

Checkmate

>Not even 180hp at 9000rpm
>less than 100lbs lighter than a LS

I don't fucking think so. What's the point when V8's exist?

I stand corrected.

What makes these better? They seem extremely similar in the wiki page.

I had a 4AGE in my AW11. Not much raw power but damn was it willing to rev and it stayed in a usable power band through so much of the RPM range.

I also really like the 1.8T AUQ I have in my TT. Doesn't rev as high as the Toyota did but the engine note is a really satisfying low growl and when the turbo kicks in it gives you a serious kick in the pants.

Everything else on this car will die before the engine.

Literally shit.

Better head design.

OIL SLUDGE
I.
L.

S.
L.
U.
D.
G.
E.

Done.

fite me

Greatest.

Will go easily 200,000 miles revving around 10,000 RPM on the regular.

The Japs have got a monopoly on best engines.

Ecotecs are probably the easiest engines to tune.

Pretty good considering it's only ~100lbs heavier than the Chiron's powertrain.

~100lbs heavier
~100 years older
British engines are still kicking German ass.

2jz

with kids.

It couldn't have gained any notoriety in the from
rwd corolla gts
fwd corolla gts
MR2
Nova TwinCam
Prizm GSi
only an anime.

Shit engine.

>Can't handle 200+ hp without being rebuilt every 1000km and thats with a thick reinforcing dry-sump.
This is because the block is very weak and you'll beat on all the bearings due to the block flexing at any decent power-level.

>Shim over bucket

I mean seriously, who thought this was a good idea for a high-revving engine. Have fun spending 3k+ to convert to a shim-under-bucket set up (formula Atlantic).

>Displacement limited

1.6l when it has to compete with better designed engines that can reach 2.4l such as; NA engines i.e Honda engines (B,F,H.K) and engines that can handle boost and power levels over 200hp i.e. (4g63, sr20)

Overall shit engine but was good at the time it came out when engines of a similar size could barely crack 100hp.

Bench race much?

It's a bench racing question so expect a bench racing answer.

I'd love a 4age in a ae86 wether it be a stock one or an upgraded one with formula Atlantic parts because of its sound and its place as an important engine in a historical sense but when you ask a bench racer question like is the 4age engine the best (i.e reliable at high power-levels while being light and compact as possible), the answer is no.

But then its not a shit engine is it?
Btw people put out 500+hp.
Fwiw, its impressive.
But horsepower isnt want makes an engine good

>people put out 500hp
With thousands and thousands dumped into it
It can't make 200hp na and last more than a dozen hours, it's dog shit. Just deal with it stupid fanboy

Ok bench racer.
You have no idea what youre talking about

fake news

this is the best engine ever made

Obviously the 13B-REW

>weighs under 400 lbs with heavy stock turbo system and all accessories
>is about one foot long (not including accesories)
>can reliably put out almost 400 whp with stock turbos and meth injection, 700 whp with stock internals and porting/single turbo, and 1000 whp with crazy shit done to it
By the way, this is with considerably less lag than piston engines
>going single turbo and deleting A/C frees up 50 lbs, aluminum side housings another 40
>rebuildable at home in hours
The god engine.

>inb4 people who abuse their piston cuck engines claim rotaries are """""""unreliable"""""""
Lmao, stop thrashing your cars when cold and skimping on oil changes. You shouldn't be doing that anyway, you fucking normies.

>bbbut muh feels!
Lmao faggot, fuck off to Tumblr

Sure showed me.
Oh lordy.
Stupid bench racer.

Facts remain facts
Stay mad toyotacuck

>takumi was LITERALLY a cuckold
ROFLMAO

You dont know the definition of cuck.
Takumi never dated whats her face anyway
You never posted facts
You only think horsepower makes a good engine
Bench racer.

okay well for starts the silver-top and black-top are better. i mean were you even trying with this thread?

What makes a good engine then? A 120hp economy engine that lasts forever? Wow... so impressive

Well, yeah. What did you expect?
People live in the real world, not an anime.

i'll be nice, i'll even keep it the same number of cylinders

>4 cylinders
then it's

funny, I've been around sportbikes all my life and most make 30-60k before needing major repair.

easy to not break when it makes 14hp
F20A is better and in the right way

>and most make 30-60k before needing major repair
maybe you should learn to into basic maintenance?
Sjaak Lucassen, did 160k miles on a r1 over a period of five years

being around bikes all your life you should know that most arent ridden often.. so 10 years and 20k miles of neglect isnt representative of how long they can actually last

>burns oil for factory
>good

Outdated meme engine

Suprior toyota engine

FWD GTS owner here

Can confirm, is very fun

Its a dated engine, it had its time and now its pretty much a collectors car and engine now

Let's face it, Honda really had the 4 pot magic dust in the late 80's/early 90's, even still I'll be bold and add the C20XE/LET as contenders. Good reliability in stock form, piss easy to work on and take boost extremely well, 300-400bhp without becoming too much of a glass cannon is not uncommon. You can give Opel/Vauxhall a lot of shit, but you can't deny their engines in this era were god tier.

>inb4 Opel was GM's so they're red blooded american engines

The 4AGE was a good engine, not denying it, but it's not the best in the slightest.

>not being able to go past 6k
>pushrods
One day you will understand that an engine isn't just about peak power output

Wew
>muh power outputs
Who cares, it was a mass produced 4cyl engine in the early 80s, that revs almost to 9k and got about 130ps, the v8s in America had less than 200hp by that time and were a lot heavier. Every engine you said wasnt there by that time, and yet you are still comparing them, that means it's not that bad uh?
Even by modern standards, a 1.6l NA 130+hp is a really good engine, imagine 35years ago

The M60

BMW made it shitter with the M62 in the e39

Forgot pic

> literally 18 years after the 4age
It's a better engine all right, but that's hardly a fair comparison

then maybe you/op should have given a time frame
but its too late for that

My GSF250 hit 100k before a magnet on the flywheel ate shit.
Before opening for diagnostics, it had never been opened before. Everything was fine, tappets needed adjusting though.
Same is said for a vast many 18k screamers of that era, and you can't say an extrapolated 180HP/L is detuned for reliability.

I don't know what group of faggots you associate yourself with that sit around banging the limiter and avoiding oil changes, but goodness me.

Then there's no point on having this award from op
The new type r engine is a better engine than that one, and the next will be even better

B A R R A
A
R
R
A

Are you even trying op?

is that the playmobil megablock?

>4 litre pigfat even bigger than the lolden v6
yeah its good but i dunno about being the best

426 hemi engine. 'Nuf said.

Ehhhh... they're a lot of fun.

Have a first generation TVIS 16 valve in an AE82 Corolla as a DD. It's a hoot, absolute loads of fun. Enough torque to pootle around town nicely day to day and when you put your foot down it screams all the way to redline, it's the most "eager" engine in a car that I've ever driven. Not terribly fast, but the noise it makes is something else for a four cylinder.

Also have a 20 valve silvertop in an AE86 with open ITB's. Really lacks the same torque low down, makes it a little more difficult to drive around in the city, but it picks up at around 4k or so and goes like the clappers after that.

This nigga knows what's up

Maybe in its day and displacement. And then, only maybe.

daily reminder gm has never made a naturally aspirated production engine as powerful as Ford's 5.2l Voodoo, not even the ls7 with almost 2 extra liters of displacement

Literally th

Fords 5.2 voodoo is so awesome Ford used it to win the races in GTLM class.

Oh wait... its shit and infinitely inferior to a truck v6.

50cc, 9.5hp, 7ft lb, 15k rpm of RAW FUCKING SINGLE CYLINDER FURY

I wish they'd put the EcoBoost V6 in the Mustang, but it wouldn't be fair to everyone else

Really guys?
>realllyyyy?

i have a feeling the next gen mustang will have the 3.5eco and 2.3 eco. With maybe a gt350 or gt500 having a v8.

That engine is not good. Stop memeing.

You do realize that performance wise, the 4afe had a worse head than the 4age? Many people swap the 4age head into their 4afe and 7afe engines because the 4age head flows so much better and is omptimized for performance driving. The 4afe head gives you less ways to finely tune the intake and exhaust cams, especially when adjustable cams are so cheap for the 4age.

The C20 engine was pretty good from what I have heard.
The few cars I have seen with that engine are either still alive (around 15-20 years later) or all around the engine went to shit.

Daily reminder GM has never made a naturally aspirated production engine in a car with a budget near that of the Mustang GT350., therefore the comparison isn't valid.

If the new Z/28 with it's direct injected LS7 isn't ahead of the Voodoo, then you've got a point. Now, you're just comparing a new motor to an older GM product.

>iron block with worst engine configuration in terms of CoG
Hello understeer my old friend.

>implying that's a bad thing
Yamaha knows a thing or two about airflow and intake harmonics.

Done

>800hp on stock block
>engine is no good
???
worth it for the brap

2JZ's are already bad in terms of weight and center of gravity. it's only saving grace it output - and the 1JZ just can't compete there.

>implying pushrods can't go above 6000RPM
Nigga please. Even Honda managed 9500 on a pushrod block in the 70's.

I'm in the same position (AW11) and the engine is a "fun to drive" engine. It doesn't make a lot of power but ringing it from 4000-8000 in every gear makes you feel like you're going fast and the handling and sticky tires means you can keep whatever speed you have in the corners. It really is a quick car considering how much power it has.

I'm hoping to slap a turbo on mine this summer and push it under 6psi and pull 160hp out of it. If I have the time I'll buy a junker engine and throw some rods and pistons in it and boost it up to 250~300hp. Which is all you need in an AW11. No more than that. I would love to go the NA route and get a 20V, ITBs, and cams, but it's just way to expensive when considering a turbo can do the same thing much cheaper.

Wait, why are you saying the 1JZ can't compete?