Why do so many aussies not display their P plates?

why do so many aussies not display their P plates?

ive been watching highway patrol and all these fuckers making up every excuse
>they flew out the window
>i burned them
>lost them
>cat ate them

etc etc

is there some reason that they dont want to use them? the fine seems steep for such a thing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/arUeKPuGgIg?t=1m26s
tmr.redbook.com.au/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cops are kind of thought to pay more attention to P platers and be more likely to pull them over so if you were a dodgy cunt it might make sense not to give it a miss so you don't get pulled over for because the cops are bored and fucked for something else.
Most of the cunts on these shows are just fucked in the head though and are either too stupid to remember that they need them, or stupid enough to think it's not worth bothering with.

>they flew out the window

kek what the fuck

Anyways yeah like the other guy said, if you're a P plater cops are more likely to pull you over for no reason. Especially when you're driving something like a JDM car.

You could get away with not displaying the plate if you drive something extremely generic like a Holden Commodore or a Ford Falcon, but if you're driving a JDM (they'll assume JDM drivers are under 22) and don't have your P plates on, then you're getting pulled over and fucked in the ass in fines.

>is there some reason that they dont want to use them?
because you become a target? its like being a coon in a rusty commofore. also most people dont give a fuck and just forget

>on my red p's since 2012
>never ever display them
>pretty sure my license has been expired since 2016 (id check if i could find it)
>never ever ever pulled over except once and that was when i was wearing p plates
good enough reason?

wtf is a p plate?

>since 2012

Nigga what? You're only supposed to have them for 1 year, then switch to green. You're supposed to have a full license by now.

It's what you need to put on your car after you get the driver's license that lets you drive without a supervisor/parent with a full license. It basically shows other drivers that you're new to driving. After 1 year you change to green Ps, and use those for three years before you get your full license.

On the Ps there are restrictions like no turbo car, no more than 1 non-family passenger (on red P), and no modifications to the engine whatsoever.

a square piece of plastic that is stuck at the front and rear of the car to let everyone know the driver of that vehicle is new and still inexperienced
yet theres nothing to separate the old fucks and asians from the normal driving population

>You're supposed to have a full license by now
what can i say? im fucking lazy

>TFW got my blacks before all the log book, green P/red P bullshit

in nsw we have to display them on the exterior of the car. magnetic ones fuck up the paint, you often see them cooked into the car after being left in the sun. plastic ones break apart.

im on my greens, just drove to newcastle this weekend on 110km/hr rds,suck my nuts if you think im gonna display my Ps and go 100km/hr the whole way. nigga you best believe i was going 140km/hr the whole way in the right lane, even had a cop a few cars behind hit his lights to clear the lane then he sped through. p plates are a massive target

"is this a turbo, mate?"

"no m'aam"

"....alright then"

told them the turbo timer on the dash was the battery voltmeter LOL

>be American
>Be 14-17 range
>parents learn you how to car off main roads
>be at least 15.5
>Get permit
>Drive yourself to and from school or work, parents supervise everywhere else
>No stupid bullshit on your car required
>after 6 months no accidents no tickets get full liscence
>no stupid bullshit on your car required
>enjoy driving freely without fear of being discriminated by the douche patrol unless you cause it yourself
Such is life in freedomland

What car user?

I drive many work cars throughout the day, can't be fucked swapping plates over everytime. Usually just leave them on my personal car.

Had a red MK6 GTI with p plates on it and never once pulled over.

>like no turbo car
Not true, at least for VIC. It's power to weight ratio now. I think 150kW/ton

>Be 15.5 year old American with full driver license
>Drive dad's 5.0 Mustang with no experience
>Spin self into a tree
>Die

Victorian green P plater here. It was fun blasting past all you NSW cucks. A few tried to 'speed' and not let me past, but they gave up eventually when they realised cops were around. Kek

Victorian Full Licensed driver here.

SUCK IT YOU P PLATER BOGANS

>Don't try to find a loophole there isn't one.
>Wait it out like the rest of us kikes had to.

Now I'm driving an evo 10 and flogging nanna off the lights FUCK YEAH

Actually, got a question for you.
I'm getting off my plats on Sunday, can I keep driving with my licence that says I'm a p-plater? I had my licence suspended for a month and my greens extended for 6. So my license doesn't expire for a while.
Also, Vic roads isn't open on Sunday.
What do I do?

>buying the worst evo
jk got any pics?

Yea. They punch a hole through your p plater card and send you a new 1.

Just drive around and fuck the po po. they can't catch me in my nanna spankin evo.

its 125w/kg limit in QLD and you need to get an exemption

I actually don't drive an evo. my cousin owns one and I'd like to own one kek.

I drive a Mazda 3 MPS. Heres what mine sort of looks like, dont have pics.

130kw/ton in NSW. Turbo or no.

Shit you too? Didn't really watch it on tv but somehow found myself recently watching dozens of YT vids of HP.

>Whose jackets this?
>Mine
>Yours? Yeah fucken nothing uncapped ya fucken lying cunt

youtu.be/arUeKPuGgIg?t=1m26s

My mistake, VIC is 130 as well. Also has to be made after 2010

FUCK NO. It's 130/ tonne. 150/ tonne has some pretty dece cars in it.

Qld has it in place for cars made after jan 1, 2010, which means you can have a lotus 7 replica made before 2010 legally bc it complies with the old rules. Think we discussed this in /dat/ a couple months ago.

Such is life in One Nation La- I mean Queensland

>be 17yo methhead from rockingham
>drive your own commodore full of your dickhead mates with no experience on your red ps
>smash through some poor cunt's living room
>guy in the passenger seat dies

Correction: there aren't loopholes in Cucktoria. See above post; just get a really high p/w NA car in qld made before 2010

Anything non-turbo under 130kw/ton is p plate legal. BUT, if it is turbo it has to be made after 2010 (with a few exceptions of cars made in 2009 with a MY10)

>government puts more restrictions on younger drivers because of this

>tfw got P's in 2012
>tried test for P2's a few times and failed, shitty computer simulator failing me for shit like waiting too late to take off at an intersection
>eh fuck it forget about it
>get pulled over last year saturday after good friday
>cop asks me why i have P plates up
>uh because I'm a P plater?
>says here on the computer you have a full license
>ohshit
>didn't even pay much attention to my new license, just stuffed it in my wallet as soon as I got it
>got let off thank fuck
>mfw you just get your full license after so many years on P1's in SA

Don't we (QLD) have a 200kw power limit?

Other people are much more likely to treat you like shit on the road if you have them on.

Also it turns out that NSW P2 and full tests are being abolished in October or thereabouts which is nice.

I think it's 210 IIRC, but 210kw in a lotus 7 would be retarded, given that you can't drive an ICV (individually constructed vehicle) on your Ps, no manufacturer that sells in aus (Prb, weatfield, caterham) makes anything with that much power and they certainly didn't before 2010.

You've gotta remember that these light cars have light engines, too. The lotus elise/ exige would be my choice if I had rich, yet stupid parents. Still decent p/w, somewhat practical, meets all qld regulations before 2010.

>remove P plate because cops target you
>become a target for cops

If you don't want to be a target for cops, don't drive a known hoon car and don't drive like a hoon.

>have to display a cuck plate as a reward for passing

lol, only in Boganland.

OH and I forgot, you can get exemptions for FI, non-v8 cars (landcruiser exempt, it's allowed with no dramas) made before 2010 with under 125kw/ tonne which rules out pretty much everythig except for some pigfat subies, kei cars and the 180sx and 200sx, which are good value in that they can be upgraded to jdm silvia power (p-plate illegal) with next to no money.
These exemptions are granted automatically provided you don't have a fucked traffic history known as "moderate power exemptions".

You can drive some exempted cars for work (e.g. Working at a dealership) or if you can prove no other personal car is readily available to you (e.g. You could arggue that if you were a piss-poor apprentice that some ute with an old aussie v8 is worth fuck all, all you can afford and doesnt make any more torque than a current model v6 does, you could, but then again you'd be driving a slow piece of shit with no money to build the engine)

>have to be 21 to drink alcohol
>yet can buy guns and vote at 18

Lol, only in fatlandia.

This.
I'd much rather have the P plates and alcohol.

Also, I tend to answer P-plate related queries on the /dat/ thread so if any of you fellow young cunts want some advice or questions answered (as state governments are generally shit with websites), ask in there.

I had to write a 10k word paper on P-plate laws and their impacts in first year law, so I can spit this shit out easy.

Furthermore, for the QLD fag, here's a website that shows what you can and cant get (...usually)
>tmr.redbook.com.au/

Basically, p-plating is just like life in that it's all a shit sandwich; the more bread you have (or as a p-plater, your parents), the less shit you have to eat

>cat ate them
KEK for sure I'm going to say that next time I get pulled over for this reason

>mfw I'm driving a miata and I have to display an "A" in France for the next 2 years (and I've got my licence for almost 2 years already)

>mfw I can't drive above 110 km/h on the highway legally for the next 2 years

>mfw I can't drive above 80km/h on every other road

>mfw I live in the worst country when it comes to driving

>on holiday
>overtake faggot in miata going 80 k/m
>blast with 170 km/h past speed camera
>no ticket in the mailbox because french administration and bureaucracy is an absolute mess.

Thank you France for being better than the autobahn.

>is there some reason that they dont want to use them
In QLD it's a big red flag come quota day. A favourite trick of the coppers here is to tailgate a P-plater till they speed up and then nab them for it.

It's easy enough just to change lanes but they're counting on their prey to be inexperienced and skittish.

Have seen this happen, can confirm.

210kW prior to 2010, power-to-weight of 130kW/tonne from 2010 onward.

To drive something with FI built prior to 2010 it has to have a factory power-to-weight of 130kW/tonne or less and you must apply for an exemption which is guaranteed to pass.

You cannot drive a V8 on your P's in QLD even if it's crank output is below 210kW or the 130kW/tonne threshold.

You also cannot drive something with a 13B rotary. 12A is P-plate legal, though. As to why they made a rule specifically to ban the RX-8 but not the S2K is beyond me but I suppose they watched the first two FnF movies when they were coming up with these dumb rules.

That is true tho

I got a ticket because I was parked in the middle of a natural reserve (500€ fine, and maybe a legal case against me)

It's been a year since it happened and I'm still waiting for a notice I hope they forgot

Yeah iv'e seen P platers in VW type R's and WRX's

>be 18 y/o angry bogan fuck
>get in fight at party and leave
>go to mates offer them a lift
>overfill car on red P's
>Get called to a fight so speed there like a fuck head
>go arround cars to run a red doing 160k
>crash into a giant tree, knock it down and kill 5/6 people in the car with the survivor pinned under the mushed corpses of her friends and brother

>Bragging about making it easy for retards to operate a 3ton piece of machinery

>what is NJ and their faggoty orange tags

>few years back
>mates complaining that people give L's and P's shit
>also complain the cops give them a hard time
>now they complain L's and P's should speed up or fuck off
>say the police should target P's more
glad i'm no longer friends with those dumb cunts. everyone's a learner or a P plater at some point. give them a fucking break.

anyone got the photo of that commodore split in half around a telegraph pole? one user on /dat/ mentioned that he was an investigator on that crash years ago. seemed brutal.

Sometimes I wish this was my VX, with me driving it. that car was fun

>toothpaste
>170km/h
That's one badass Twingo. Mods?

What in the fuck. How?

>tfw you were better at driving when you were 16 than 90% of the population is after years of experience

>be on L plate since 2014
>too lazy to fill out that shitty wank booklet they give you

>is this a turbo?
>nope

>german licence
>no special beginner plates
>no restrictions aside from 0 promille
>blasting eurobeat and doing 230 on the autobahn
feels bretty good

>Can't buy alcohol on Sunday mornings coz government trying to get you to go to church
>Elect officials who oppress them and violate 1st Amendment

"Muh freedom"

VL's are made from Tin

Also commodores are are naturally attracted to trees and poles and such. It's very Australian tradition

>dutch license
>no special beginner plates
>can have small promillage
>need a ton of different licenses for driving motorcycles, towing things above a certain weight, etc.
>totally okay though because who needs that shit
>can cross the border on a sunday morning and blast across the autobahn

We two are the best, Kraut.

Do people crash because of drugs in the Netherlands much?

(I'm assuming shrooms are still legal to buy?)

>motorcycles, towing things above a certain weight
really makes you kek

>different licenses for driving
Not sure why you single out NL here. It's the same in all of Europe.

Cops pull my vn over all the Fuckin time

Glad to know I'm not the only one who's been binge watching that shit

>t. Leaf who is genuinely surprised that Aussie cops are bros in comparison to what people have said on here

>need them

right, if they don't wear those p plates they might hit and kill a baby!

that's why the fine is equal to running a red light, right?

>On the Ps there are restrictions like no turbo car, no more than 1 non-family passenger (on red P), and no modifications to the engine whatsoever.
>yuropoors and Auscucks have engine driving restrictions

You can't make this shit up.

But there are loopholes, you stupid fuckwit.

There are a number of rich p platers exploiting them as we speak.

doubles gets it. victoria has a "work" exemption which gets exploited by

>Tradies in their v8 utes with a bro tier boss who will vouch for them needing to drive it in the middle of the night for a "job"
>Rich kid with a ferrari who stickers his car with the company logo, making it a promotional car and thus exempt

Politicians put this shit in place so their kids could be exempt.

>yuropoors and Auscucks have engine driving restrictions
>yuropoors
We dont have engine restrictions in europe.

I meant need them in the sense that there's a chance of getting fucked by cops if they do actually get pulled over, it's no huge inconvenience for the risks of getting caught. Of course, fucked if it actually leads to any real outcomes as far as safety.

you can also drive a stick shift with a turbo at the age of 16 like I did

Remember when you turned 18 and went to the pub with your friends to celebrate?

you've got me there, Ausfag

user what the fuck

do you just drive around with one of your parents all the fucking time?

are you waiting until you're 21 so you don't have to fill up the 120 hours?

We also build our telegraph poles out of the toughest wood to fuck our youth up for fun.

>do you just drive around with one of your parents all the fucking time?
yes

>was the first in my group to turn 18
>Became designated alcohol buyer
>had to wait a year before I could just chill in the pub with people

Mfw just didn't care and had blacks since 2012

>promilage
wut

>10.6 road fatalities per 100 000 people per year