Anyone pre soak their car a day/few hours before washing?

Anyone pre soak their car a day/few hours before washing?

Nope.

well i do faggot

Why? Doesn't it air dry in a few hours? A whole day is ludicrous.

Good for you

you can get the dirt to start loosening off so that you dont get your wash mitt too dirty

no, but i take it through the touchless wash down the street before i wash it. $4 to get a majority of the gunk off isn't too bad.

You're not pre-soaking you're just too lazy to do a whole car wash at one time.

The thing is that you would presoak it for 5 minutes max if you were doing it all in one shot By soaking for potentially hours the loosenigng effect is greater for when you actually wash it

OP lubes his dick up with AstroGlide® on the drive to work (school?) so he can "jerk off better" when he gets home.

Dumb ass all you do is spray off the car before washing

This, I give it a bit of a rinse

>Anyone pre soak their car a day/few hours before washing?
Yes, I want to re-activate the salts and chemicals without washing them away. Max rust is my goal.

2 bucket method ya moop

Nope. I use wash/wax and polish it up shiny afterwards with a chamois, so any dirt/salt is just sat on top of that and will just come straight off with soap.
The only major problem is cherry blossom season, because kawaii sticks to wet surfaces.

Only the wheels when I'm putting them in storage for summer/winter

>two bucket method
You guys need to get with the times. Pressure Washers are more efficient and less time consuming. Add a detailing blower and you got yourself a 100% touchless wash. No need to ever worry about scratching your paint.

How are you actually supposed to wash a car? This is what I do, tell me if it's wrong.

>spray down car
>wash entire car with soapy water and sponge
>spray down car to remove all sudsy water
>dry with shammy
>apply wax to one body panel at a time, wipe off wax before starting next one
>rain-x all windows
>back to black exterior trim
>shine rims, spray tires

I have a black car, and I'm noticing spots and like concentric rings when the sun is shining on it.

My nigga

This is good. Although I'd use a microfiber wash mitt instead of a sponge because it's softer. Also, be sure to use two buckets, one for rinsing, one for the clean shampoo water

Rings are caused by the wash mitt being dragged around.

Get an orbital polisher and buff your car with something that will fill in the clear coat, like a car polish or something. Throw some wax on over that, and you should have a layer of protection that will last a while.

no because my van is a giant boat and i go to the washes that charge by the minute

Do pressure washers really get the job done? Or are they just for presoaking?

>using sponges in 2k17

MICROFIBRE CLOTHS ERRYDAY MUUFUCKA

Got enough weights?

So one bucket of clean water, and one bucket with soap?

Essentially I'm supposed to hose it down, wash it once with the wash mitt from the pure water bucket, then wash it a second time with the soapy water, then hose it down, dry, etc.

It's a 32 year old paintjob, is it safe to use something powered on it?

what about microfiber covered sponges?
>cut the bottom open and you have a a microfiber mit for cheap

>It's a 32 year old paintjob, is it safe to use something powered on it?

Fuck no, and avoid high pressure cleaners unless you want to see basketball sized chunks of your paint come off.

I've only ever used garden hose sprayers on the 'shower' or 'flat' setting.

It lives in a garage 6 days out of the week and only has 55,000 miles on it, so it's not like I need to blast off dirt, just some dust.

Top tire required a fuckload of weights, but no visible damage or warping... just put it on the rear, not noticeable at all

>dirt now turns into mud
>mud dries back onto car
>gets baked onto paint by sun
>what was loose dirt is now cement on your paint

are your parents related by chance?

Only by blood.

Anyone as retarded as op dares to admit this shit?

Pressure Washers do a much better job at removing the crap on your car. You can also easily clean the undercarriage or any other spots that would normally be harder with just a wash mitt. My belief is that the less I'm actually touching my car, the less of a chance I have to scratch the paint. I also use a detailing blower to dry my car as well, so getting micro marring is impossible.

studded tires

If you live in the PNW I hope you fucking get hit by a freight train and die. There's almost no excuse to use studded tires anywhere else either.

Problem is unless you're some kiddie with no job or life who can go in a climate controlled garage and immediately rinse a car any time it gets dust/rain on it, a certain amount of shit will get baked to your paint that can ONLY be removed with a sponge/mitt. It's impossible to get the car completely clean without a sponge/mitt.

If you're afraid of scratching it that much, just use meguiar's gold class shampoo in excess in the water. The dirt particles will be so lubricated that they can't scratch your paint.

I use Mr. Pink from chemical guys and it does a great job. I live in Phoenix so I typically wash my car when the sun starts to set. The wash takes about 10 minutes and then I pull my car into my garbage and blow it off. Also, a pressure washer is going to apply much more force than a wash mitt.

I used the two bucket system for almost two decades. My neighbor was the one who actually showed me how great a pressure washer can be with a foam cannon.

It's not about the force, it's about the friction from the sponge/mitt material.