ASX - New Year, New Memes Edition

Enough celebrations, time to get back to work Veeky Forums, Post your picks for 2017

Old Semi-Productive Thread
OP's Susgestions:
Low Risk, Moderate Gains
>TLS - enter around 4.95ish, expect 6.00 midyear + 6.3% dividend
>HSO - enter around 2.20ish, expect 3.10 midyear + 3.6% dividend

Meme Stocks
>BSM
>RMX

Other urls found in this thread:

itunes.apple.com/us/app/iqbuds/id1152891936?mt=8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Trading starts Tuesday I believe, regardless we should have a picks for 2017 thread. We should archive then come back this time next year and see whose picks were the best.

Mine are:
>ALC
>VOC
>RAP
>RMX
>Woodside/BPT (Any oil)

Normies are being advised to invest in income shares - if large enough segments move in capital growth will follow.

ASX
TLS
WES
WPL
WBC & the other banks

Also bonus for fully franked twice yearly dividends

Is rmhb any good? They will be expanding distribution to china and se Asian this year..

>6.3% dividend

wew lad

TLS seems overvalued based on my analysis

Every **big** company is overvalued af, it's more about their future value than their present.

their present value should account for the future

hmm i bought RAP like 2 or 3 months ago and they havn't done anything.

Announcements should come 2/3 months, that's why it's been sold down lately normies getting angsty and want THE NEXT BIG THING

a2m - 3$ by march
whc - back to 3.15 and upwards soon
lrs - drill ann soon = 0.03

More about "meme potential" or less autistically put, hype.

100% agree on A2M - lawsuit with lion nathan is going strong and starting to roll out the product in the US

I have an Excel spreadsheet with all of my trading, etc detailed on it. What's the best way to monitor my returns? Need help on this srs.

Use a program like class or share site. Who does the brokerage? Pretty sure commsec can track a lot of it too

I'm with Commsec. I'm not sure they have what I'm looking for, I want something that will track my overall returns, stuff like that.

Do you think those two programs are superior to an Excel spreadsheet?

Absolutely. I use xero and class for work. Sharesite integrates with xero

Thanks for the heads up man, I've dabbled with a few things but I've been building a bit of a spreadsheet because nothing had exactly what I wanted.

I'l try sharesite and see how it goes

Yeah, class isnt really available to individuals, but share site is

Just imported my transactions with a bit of work. Will report back with results.

Fuark, this is legit man. Thank-you :)

Exactly. The herd will drive the price higher, meaning you can get in now, get on the hype train, and get off before it derails.

And pick a couple of franked divs in the process

Yeah, have heard glowing reviews from a few of my clients that use it and have had a poke around it myself. When you sync your commsec account it will automatically include the contract notes and record your trade details

What line of business are you in, if I may ask? Got any other useful tips and tricks?

I'm tracking my networth, and personal income statements atm in a spreadsheet - don't think another piece of software will fit in regards to that.

Smsf accountant/financial advisor. Depends on how much capital you have to work with, what your super balance is and how high your income is.

Smsfs are tits as a tax management tool - their use to you as an individual depends largely on your age though due to the cashing restrictions. Still a huge benefit to starting earlier rather than later. New rules passed in December mean that the 10% test is gone for concessional contributions too, so wage cucks can now make tax deductible contributions which is huge

If you have a use for commercial property i.e you have a small business that owns/leases commercial premesises, smsfs are fantastic

I'm only 20 atm, Investment Portfolio 32k, Net Worth 47k and Super of ~ 4k.

I'll definitely keep SMSF's at the back of my mind though, may have some use for it in a few years but we both know there will be a thousand rule changes between now and then.

Yeah, i felt much the same way unt they changed the 10% rule - when i statted my own.

If you end up running a small business, use an smsf to own the property.

You can borrow money in an smsf to buy property. Ideally have a property trust own the property and the smsf own the units of the property trust.

Also, always have a corporate trustee for trusts and smsfs;

Allows succession, limits liability and penalties, transfer of ownership etc

Consider using a trust to hold your investments - protection of assets, succession, tax planning and tax management/ minimisation

I guess that's where a gun advisor comes in ^

Any tips on the personal finance side of things?

What are you currently investing in?

Do you do your own tax or get someone else to complete it for you?

Currently investing in stocks and ETFs.

I have a pretty good asian accountant from Footscray who fixes me up atm lol

I know it's slightly off topic, but a couple of weeks ago an user posted a list of reasons why they think the property market will fall within ~10 years.
I was wondering if anyone got a screen cap?
Or has some input of their own

Im in my early 20s with a full time job and enough money saved up for a deposit (most of which is currently invested). I want to move out of my folks place soon and am really unsure if renting (and to continue investing) or buying would be the better option.

For personal tax - keep a diary for 1 month of your computer use for investing/banking etc

What fo you do for a job?

Personal speculation - US $ is going to get stronger and stronger which will make our interest rates go up & property down.

Strongly consider ETFs that invest in US dollars or US economy and get out of Aus Property

Buy and rent it out for first 12 months then move in.

What state do you live in? What are the first home buyer rules for your state?

I study Accounting atm and also work in Administration, so my accountant did some nice self-education deductions for me.

Alot of my portfolio atm is invested in PLG and VAP, do you think commercial and industrial real estate will suffer?

All real estate will, but commercial and industrial less so.

If youre studying accounting, where do you want it to take you?

Im in NSW, we have a first home buyer grant of $10,000

>Buy and rent it out for first 12 months then move in.
Isnt there some rule about needing to occupy the house for 6 months to avoid paying capital gains tax?

Not sure at the moment, don't really like the idea of some office peon job. I guess that's the good thing about accounting, it touches every business.

Its within the first 12 and must be for at least 12. I live in a border town with nsw and have friends who have bought their. Dont buy big, unless you absolutely need to. I own at bedroom house atm and repayments are 190 a week. If interest rate go up from ~4% to 7% my repayments will still be under 250 or so.

Tip from experience - open a savings account at each major bank with a nominal amount in it (i.e $50) after 6 months youre considered to be "an existing customer" so can borrow at higher margins if you want/need to. I.e 5% down instead of 10% with MLI

any one looking at EPW ? 9% div ?

That sounds interesting

Tax accounting is a volatile field atm due to automation from awesome new software and outsourcing - not sure about other accounting fields. Financial planning is growing strongly though - you will want to so subjects that lead to an RG146 license. If you go down the business route strongly consider further study like an MBA

I'd like to do a Master's just because school is so easy and chill. I had a guy from PwC tell me that postgraduate study is kinda a waste of time. Thoughts?

Any advice for an Economics student at GO8 who isn't in Melbourne/Sydney or Canberra?

All the jobs seem to be there and I don't know what I'll do here apart from applying for grad programs and hoping for the best, there doesn't seem like there's much on Seek.

Brit user here, how are my GXY shares looking? Everything I read is insanely positive but they're kinda flatlining.

Any views from down under?

Things are good

Have been holidays and public holidays galore here, so very little trading been able to be done

Why economics? Tbh not too sure as i live in a regional area. Heaps of business & accounting jobs in regional areas. Check put seek.com for vacancies in your area and maybe pivot in to something that appears to be in demand.

I wanted to be an accountant, but bought in to the accounting is dying/financial planning is rising hype and am very glad i did

Probably right, but with PWC what sort of accounting are they doing. Reason i suggest an MBA is that theyre (still) really valued in the business world (in aus at least), not so much in tax accounting

Anyone here trade commodities?

I'll definitely look into it. Maybe a Masters in Financial Planning or something may be the way to go

NUH finally started shipping.
Coupling this news with its listing on the apple store, I think NUH has finally proved its viability.

Wow so they'll be on the Apple site and in retail stores? That's crazy, tempted to buy in

Is this available on DeGiro?

Nah, I think just the asx
Should have mentioned it was just the nuhera app, not the buds that apple will be listing. But that still means functionality with apple devices

I can't find it ;_;

The app
itunes.apple.com/us/app/iqbuds/id1152891936?mt=8

Sorry, meant the ticker in DeGiro. I'm from the UK, so I only browse these threads sometimes (GXY you can get on DeGiro for example)

Degiro is shit, you can't buy anything and the platform is buggy as hell.

I'm an expat in NL and I'm using LYNX which is great

It's pretty terrible yeah, but it was the only place I could get GXY at the time. I might move over. Anything I should / shouldn't know?

What's going on with IAM?

Do you think it has long term value?

Meme to the Moon Pick:
Supreme Pharmaceuticals Inc (CNSX: SL)

Don't think anything will happen until end of Feb. Just my opinion based on what I have read.

another day in the green for GXY

on its way to the 60c mark.

ship in esperance is being filled with raw lithium as we speak. Should be finished today.

an announcement will come out and share price will go up

Lmao you're so full of shit

huh?

>:(

bgs had a major upshoot in price and looks like they will be about 0.5-0.6 in a few weeks time.

>got in today at .97
>out at .105
>made $800 in 4 hours on babby's first ever day trade

Feels good man.

GXY has a Market Cap of 1 billion? Seems a lil overvalued?

Gj man. How much did you invest for the day?

bought 100k shares ($9700), might do the same again just before they announce their US market compliance.

GXY will probably get some more herding from stragglers with the good press today, still strong volume on the buy side, any correction won't be until they do financials which is a ways off. It won't moon on this run, but 60c or close to it is probable.

Inc brokerage?

GXY

WHY DIDNT I BUY BEFORE

another good day for RMX.
A good result with the drilling and we're going to the moon

Tell me more, should I invest internet stranger?

Have you ever dreamed of space exploration?
Have you ever looked up at the moon and wondered what it would be like to stand on it?

Well the rocket ship is getting ready to launch, and if youre not invested in RMX you WILL miss out.

Told you fucks about NUH about to take off like 2 weeks ago; you're welcome

CVM+

Who here still /gxy/ or /galxf/ from last year in feb? It's at an all time high.

Too bad AUD is down.

should I even bother buying NUH now

Have they even started to drill yet? I can't find anything confirming the commencement of drilling. Just an announcement about their intention to and the similarities between it and Clayton

Wouldn't be a bad idea, since they are actually viable now.

Can I get some thoughts on Healthscope HSO?

Its solid

Just bought 5k worth today, HSO is a must

Thoughts on TPM?

What's Clayton?

The valley where Tesla plan to get their Lithium from next. This valley that RMX are 'drilling' in is supposedly an exact copy of that Clayton Valley.

Important because Tesla have stated they will prioritise using US Lithium before anyone else

why not? the story is only just beginning

Yeah, they have just proven that they can get the developed product to market

How did the fucking meme start!?!

I remember GXY being shilled a year ago when it was 0.20 something.

so i put $1k on bsl.ax about a year or so ago when they were half the price they are now. wat do?

what broker does everyone use?

So, you bought about 250 shares?

Good work. That means you've earned about $1250.

Hold.

yeah about there

was thinkin bout that with trumps wall comin in and bsl got a steel factory there or somethin apparently

Commsec

WHY IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT RMX?!?!?!

Do you like being poor?