/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Never said goodbye:
>Ringed City DLC stuff
Announcement trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79
Gameplay footage: youtube.com/watch?v=j8Ke647-xsU
Redacted "Capital Knight" armor set screenshots: imgur.com/wIM6rIJ
Vaati's notes, trimmed (MAJOR SPOILERS, read with a grain of salt): pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN
Leaked first boss fight (SPOILER): my.mixtape.moe/ldkpad.webm

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Smough's Set
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Smough's Great Hammer
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>still playing shit souls 3
lmaoing@urlyfe

>humans

This thread is now blessed by Gravelord Nito and the Pardoners of Velka.

People complaining about Ciaran being human sized, it makes sense as she was an assassin. A 10-20 ft. tall giant wouldn't make a stealthy person.

How is Millwood good, anyways? I know it has absurd damage and stupid good Str scaling, but doesn't its shorter range (especially on a greatbow) cancel this out?

B E S T L E G S
E
S
T

L
E
G
S

Anyone have any humorous ds comics? If so dump em with me.

What's a good pure caster build for DkS2 SotFS?

I don't get it.

Y'know, I was thinking the demon prince battle link has been in the op for a while now.

You'd think the ds3 community manager would have taken it down by now considering how anal bandai were over even the leaked armour set pics. Is this place really
>secret club
?

I have some DeS ones

oh shit what did you do?

They took it down, that one is a reupload

On ng+ you're in endgame armour so what might have given you trouble before is smallfry now.
Cheers user.
>he started with DS2/3

Try again in the next thread user.

What's the least populated area in DS3?

Am I? Why would it be grasping to assume that old magic added to DaS3 would be unnecessarily terrible like almost all the other old magic added to DaS3? Especially Dark magic.

champ stahp

black serpent is fun in 3 though.

That optical illusion still amazes me.

my favorite

If you're up for hexers I can help.

30/30
Attunement depends on whether you are gonna use northen ritual band to get more slots. Youll need a decent attunement for cast speed regardless.

Caithas Chime and the staff you get from felkin for free are best iirc for miracles/sorceries respectively.

Depending on which you lean towards, dark orb/resonant soul will be your bread and better. Getting your int or faith higher will allow you to use some more powerful hexes. Affinity and climax respectively.

The sizes of humanoid bosses in all of the games are exaggerated for effect. Artorias's fight wouldn't change at all if he were human-sized, it's just that people would be less intimidated and maybe underestimate him once they start the fight.

The only ones that wouldn't work with a human-sized boss are Ornstein and Smough (because of Super Ornstein in phase 2), Four Kings (mainly because of the grab attack, but big-sized could be hand-waved away as Abyss corruption), maybe Dragonriders (though they're justified as large because of their lore description), Skeleton Lords (since they split up into smaller skeletons), and Looking Glass Knight (for phantoms to jump through). An argument could also be made that human-sized bosses would actually improve DaS3, given how several bosses (Pontiff, Champ, Homoprinces) can be cheesed with low stances that completely dodge some of their attacks that would otherwise hit if they were level with the player.

I only like affinity for dark magics. I don't really like dark magic in ds2 because the best ones cost souls and soul memory ruins that

This is the master one. Needs to be updated when TRC releases.

Dark Orb and the one that casts 8 in a horizontal line are also good though. Personally I used dark weapon with dark orb and that was fun but ymmv.

Best pair.

so is Ornstein really dead?

Time is convoluted.

Is flamberge good without a bleed build? Thinking about using it for my faith build, if I can find one.

DS1>DeS>DS2>DS3

Hopefully he is gone, never to return, and Ringed City leaves it at that. 3 offers just enough vague information to make something potentially interesting out of his character. If he appears again somehow it would be for the worst.

Possibly.

It seems that the CU killed the Ornstein illusion first and Smough second and got Smough's soul. Ornstein had fucked off to the human world and seems to have made an impact on Drang before finally finding Gwyn's lost son and either dying or becoming a dragonfag.

>non-buffed spotted whip

>killed Smough and got his soul

then how come Smough survived until DS3?

What makes you think that he did?

>then how come Smough survived until DS3?
What makes you say that?

darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Smough's Set
darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Smough's Great Hammer

>Twisted great Hammer associated with Smough, the last knight to remain at his post, guarding the ruined cathedral.

Not him but I'm pretty sure an item mentions that he was the last knight to fall in the explicit sacking of Anal Rodeo by Aldrich & co.

Yep, he was the last knight, and you killed him in Dark Souls 1.
What's the issue there?

I miss my poison infused spotted whip and its near instant status procs.

nice save retard

aldrich killed him

Back from not playing since release, having a hard time on aldrich, anyone lend me a hand? Pass is dsg at the anor londo bonfire PC SL 56

Why do you think Aldrich killed Smough?
Where are you taking that information from?

no, you jackass

he was an executioner in DS1. He wanted to be a knight, but couldn't

and now,after shitloads of time he was the last knight stationed in Anor Londo, until he got fucked by Aldrich

But Smough was a knight.
>Great hammer from the soul of executioner
>Smough, who guards the cathedral in the >forsaken city of Anor Londo.
>Smough loved his work, and ground the bones
>of his victims into his own feed, ruining his
>hopes of being ranked with the Four Knights.

He just wasn't one of the Four Knights of Gwyn, which is what he wanted to be.
Again, I'm not seeing how any of this points to him being alive by the time 3 happens or Aldrich being the one who kills him.

I was looking for a sorcery buuld with maybe some pyro for utility

a

>Soul of Executioner
key word being Executioner

his job was executing people. And he loved his work so much it creeped others out.

He wanted to be a knight, but couldn't.

Somehow he became a knight and died defending the palace from Aldrich and his men.

Sure it doesn't say if he was killed by Aldrich, could be Sully for all we know. But its sure as shit known that Smough died before DS3 and after DS1

nice girl (male)

If Ornstein was an illusion, wouldn't that make Smough the last knight in the place? Aldrich had already penetrated and eaten Gwyndolin after getting stuck in Pontiff's Amazing Trap.

what makes you think they weren't both illusions?

Why can you not be a knight and accumulate the position of city executioner at the same time? Ciaran was a knight but also an assassin.

"Smough was an executioner but also a knight" is a much simpler explanation than "Smough somehow survived through the events of Dark Souls I, was granted knighthood, and then was killed by Sulyvahn or Aldrich".

r8 me bois

doesn't the DS1 lore mention that everybody hated him and Gwyn did not what him to be his knight?

He disgusted the people of Anor Londo by using the bones of the people he killed as seasoning for his food, and that ruined his chances of being ranked amongst the Four Knights of Gwyn.
See It says nothing about lesser knighthood.

One drops a soul.

>>Smough, who guards the cathedral in the >forsaken city of Anor Londo.

is that the description of his hammer in the first game?

So why does his hammer in the third game state that he was the last knight to defend Londor before it fell?

A bleed build is putting Carthus Rouge on your weapon. You literally do not need any stat investment, just clear Carthus and you're good to go.

>It says nothing about lesser knighthood.

exactly

Because people have been having the "is Smough a knight" argument for as long as people have been arguing about how to pronounce his name (Smoo) and FROM was trying to clear it up but it just made people act more retarded.

People spamming "DS2 isn't canon" was bad enough, I never thought I'd see the day where dsg said DS1 isn't canon. I'm sure it's the same people who make "Marche was the villain" and other such ironic shitposts.

>So why does his hammer in the third game state that he was the last knight to defend Londor before it fell?
Because the games constantly contradict each other and people trying to make sense out of details of the lore as a whole might as well be trying to understand a schizophrenic speaking a made up language.

>So why does his hammer in the third game state that he was the last knight to defend Londor before it fell?
It doesn't say anything about the fall of Anor Londo. Just that Smough was the last one to guard it.

Which, again, is the exact situation that happens in Dark Soul I if you kill Smough last. He's the last knight guarding the cathedral [all the others are illusions crafted by Gwyndolin, including Ornstein].

Exactly, so as a result 3 adding that he was a knight during his time defending it isn't contradicting anything either, is it?

About a week ago, an user in here claimed that there were specific points in Darkroot Garden where you could get the "Taken by the abyss" message if you fell to your death.

Can anybody confirm this or post a picture?

>I'm sure it's the same people who make "Marche was the villain" and other such ironic shitposts.
Hello, /ffg/ here.
Don't.

I wouldn't doubt it, there's some weird interconnectivity between the Abyss and Darkroot/Valley of the Drakes in which sometimes you can find the bodies of enemies you kill in one area down in the Abyss.

Exactly as in there is no information about lesser knighthood

look, I'm just putting the lore together with what ever scraps Fromsoft left. His lore in DS 1 states he was the Royal executioner and a cannibal. In DS 3 his shit states that he was a knight who died defending Anor Londo

him being a lesser knight for Gwyn is mentioned nowhere at all and it sounds more like head canon to me

what are you refering to?

>you can find the bodies of enemies you kill in one area down in the Abyss.
You mean in the 4 Kings boss arena? I've played thousands of hours of DaS1 and I've never seen that happen.

>His shit states he was a knight
>Him being a knight is mentioned nowhere.

That's a good point. I just think that Smough's got little to no ambition beyond becoming a Knight someday, and sticking around Anor Londo would be more up his alley than going on some crazy quest the way Ornstein did. His disregard for Ornstein's body when he smashes it with his hammer could be reflective of his status as the only "real" thing.

Why do people think ornstien was an illusion?

You get his soul when you kill him

>him being a lesser knight for Gwyn is mentioned nowhere at all

Neither is him not being a knight.

Neither is him being an illusion.

Neither is his death at the hands of anyone other than the CU.

The CU can't get the Lordvessel without killing O&S and taking a soul. DS3 has confirmed that the soul that the CU received from that fight was not Ornstein's.

>>Exactly as in there is no information about lesser knighthood
user, what are these enemies called?

You can change ONE thing about DaS3, what would it be?

Neither of them were illusions.

>His shit states he was a knight
in DS III
>Him being a knight is mentioned nowhere.
in DS 1

You can also learn from Quelana and kill Gwyndolin in DS1. DS3 has made all of those things non-canon.

Add a damn fragrant ring.

>lucy sucks cock
i like how some things never change

You also get his shit from killing "him" at Cathedral of Blue. And you get his shit yet again at Archdragon Peak, which specifically states that he left Anor Londo to search for the Nameless King.

World connectivity, make it non linear

Ringed City is actually centered around Dark Souls 2 and tells the fate of what happened to the primordial serpents according to Vaati's early access.

Make it so it costs 2 Estus to summon a phantom.

I change it from being bad to being good.

Well it's not the most common thing in the world to happen, but it happens.
Look, that's the body of a Darkwraith in the right side of the picture.

So DaSIII confirms he was a knight.

Add either lingering flames, ciaran daggers, or blue orbs