/mhg/ - Monster Hunter General

No wonder the Guild hasn't accepted your application edition

>News
MHXX is due out for 3DS in Japan on March 18. Demo out now!
Opening: youtube.com/watch?v=tV8dqB6xVR0
Trailer 3: youtube.com/watch?v=MnpNGzNoOY0

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

mhgen.kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243 (rage)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing
In 3U, Help! A, Lobby 9

Tags: MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, MHO, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

gamefaqs.com/boards/163462-monster-hunter-generations/74224902
youtu.be/si0aZbJZIp0
youtu.be/DV1a4YHlrOE
youtu.be/-2Znn9yYX-s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>gauges

Ugh

How many are actually planning to get XX?

if it gets localised, yeah

Why not just play the english patch?

Too lazy to softmod

Dalamadur is cute

>implying

I hope Dasding isn't dead yet.

That's pretty lazy, considering.

That's a stretch. (...get it?)

Reminder that prowler averages 47 seconds faster than Gunlance and capcom really doesn't give a shit.

Okay guys, question time

Who wins in a fight?

Gogmazios or Nakarkos?

Wonder if they might actually advance in the ranks given the new modes. It would just be nice if there was more than one build and it wasn't even boomerangs for top tier.

Reminder that TA times mean fuck all.

Anybody want to help me kill the Pink Rathian (urgent for HR5) in 4U?

Being 47 seconds faster than shit doesn't mean Prowler isn't a waste of a slot. Besides you probably aren't as good as TA players so IRL Prowlers are probably even worse online.

>highest level of play means fuck all
really activates my almonds

Oh yeah? Gonna kick me, tough guy?

Prowler is easier than GL and less disruptive so if anything you would see them outperform them even harder in online play.

Gog can fly and rapidly shoot beams, Nark takes like 20 seconds to charge up one and is slow as fuck

Monster Hunter isn't an eSport.

I don't give a shit what speedrunners do. it's not how I, anyone I meet in random hubs and 99% of people here, play.

Oh wow, some jap can cheese a weapon's move, whoopdy fuckin do.

I'll play it, english patch or no, but probably not for long.

>Hunting Horn has 20 less raw when compared to the other blademaster and gunner weapons of the same monster
>Even though it has the worst hunt times
Why the fuck is this allowed?

Well that's kind of a nonsense hardline position to take. Obviously the videos can give you some hint as to what works and what to try.

>Weapon times by the best of the best in ideal conditions mean nothing.

then you're not using the weapon to its fullest potential and would be worse from the start
What you do doesn't matter to a weapon's tier because when you;'re shit, everything's viable.

stop talking about memes for a second and help me with this fuggen pink rathian pls

I'd rather have a cat than a gl in my room, or even worse, a hammerfag.

Does it hurt being this fucking stupid all the time?

t. CBabbies

no, outta my way kiddo

>shitAxe
>getting the head, ever
Sorry kid, only SnS, hammer, and HHbro get the head.

SnS and Hammer deserve the head more because they can share it. Even if SA did as much damage as both combined, the other weapons are the better choice because of KO and SA could be focusing on a tail cut.

SA shouldnt hit the head but they go for it anyways because they picked their weapon so they could intentionally fuck other people.

Does it hurt being this much of a faggot all the time? Go back to jacking off to japanese TA videos you cunt, us non autists have a game to play.

>non autists
>MH
user...

you gotta know you're kinda late to all this.. you won't always have blackup. have you learned to solo things yet?

Outta my way you waste of a slot, or you'll kneel

I've been soloing everything until this point ;

Durr :)
Dalamadurr :D
Shah Dalamadurr XD
FIRING MAH LAZOR XDXDXDXDXDXDXD

GLORIOUS MASTER RACE! ALL PRAISE BEST WEAPON.

what's the combo with brave GS after a charged hit? you can press A after to do the wide arcing slash but I can't find out how to get into another attack from there.

Brave Hammer MVs
Y-X: 70
Y-A: 15
Charge 1 partial: 25
Charge 1 full: 40
Charge 2 partial: 45
Charge 2 full: 65
Charge 3 partial: 20+90
Charge 3 full: 20+110

Is it 2015 again?

shashashasha i report u

so this is good yes?

xaxaxaxaxa give crimea

What do the Guildies mean by their you-know-what, or footcorns as they call

their dicks

Compare gamefaqs.com/boards/163462-monster-hunter-generations/74224902

Random question but what music do you guys listen to while hunting?

I play Arcade Fire on repeat.

Sounds like one of those doujins someone posted here before

Ingame music.
I can't stand to listen to music without headphones, and I can't stand not hearing the game sfx for whatever I'm playing.

>listen to music with headphones
>use earphones on your 3ds underneath
>disable the music ig

that's what I do

Uppercut you noob.

someone who isn't retarded and has actually played the mhxx demo please

No music, only ASMR

What, you mean the advancing charge you do from drawn? There's no follow-up after the roundslash, just dodge cancel its endlag.

Best mhgen gs skill set go.

>dodge glaiveanus spin attack with a cheeky lance hop five times
>only get hit when I decide I'm far enough to sheath and back off

just use silversol lmao

Anyone here that mains CB in MHX?

What skills are you using to make it viable?

I thought about getting Guard but then again it's lacking in offensive skills more than defensive imo.

I heard Load Up is good in MHX, it would at least help to charge phials when you got limit breaker which I didn't really have much use for so far.

What about Stun or Artillery worth it or should I just go for Attack or Sharpness?

I just want to either deal nice damage or stun similar to MH4U if possible.

>What skills are you using to make it viable?
Bludgeoner and Tenderizer for Amatsu CB. Tenderizer especially since you're expected to snipe heads with AEDs.

If you want to do the most dmg with cb use striker style since it gets like a 5% dmg boost, a good set for cb would be using amatsu cb with weakness exploit, attack up large, blunt and artillery novice. Or you can use the dreadking set with a nat white cb. I dont really main cb, I just know how the meta looks like. Adept style can be very good against some monster, look what works best for you.

Hey, tenderizer sets the afinnity for a determined time or just for the next hit?

so can you play MH frontier G on PC when youre not in japan?

Did they extend the potion animation at some point? I feel like the time you were stuck flexing before you could move again was shorter in gen 2/3. In 4U and Gen even after my character's arms are down it still takes almost half a second before I can move again.

No.
Every time I want to play Frontier I grab my computer, charter my own private jet to Japan, then go into my summer villa to play for a few hours and then fly back home.
This is why playing Frontier is only for the elite of the elite.

Yes you can play it out of Japan, VPNs are easy programs to use.

I never eally used a vpn before. a friend of mine had one but he payed for it. do I have to use a payed one too?

Neither. Whenever you hit a part that has a weakness of 45 or higher, that hit gets +50 affinity. It doesn't afffect your next hit or a period of time.

KO KING IS BACK BABY

Just play on taiwan

There are free ones like SoftEther through VPNgate as well as paid ones like Mudfish.
Free ones are, of course, free but they also have connection issues at times so you might wind up being dropped mid-quest.
Paid ones are much better in terms of quality, but then of course you get what you pay for in that sense. Mudfish in this case has been rather cheap for me for the quality it brings. 10 dollars has lasted me over a year of various VPN-based hijinks.

If you're at all curious try the free one out and run from there since it won't hurt your wallet.

T.Hanks

Why is silver sol the go-to armor in every generation?

well, it isn't

Best girls from MH
>Marm
>Amatsu
>Granny from Pokke

Where do people post the motion values to?
Is this from a reliabel source or are you just shit posting?

I never touched that in 4U.

It's not, especially back in 4U, where shit like star knight was a thing.

I missed this copy pasta.

>i missed cancer
?

Got a turns room up in Gen, feel free to join friends.

>friends

silversol+hayabusa mixed set + narga GS + striker style

:(

My friends haven't modded their 3DS's so I want to wait until it gets localised to play with them. I could just start a new file when that happens but I can't really be bothered to do that after collecting charms and equipment. And even though I've modded the 3DS for free games and all I still don't like to actually cheat in the games so I won't just edit in the charms I want.

>tfw no good para hammer

Mostly taken from 2ch autismos kicking Kut-Ku for hours.

>fast charge+5 OOO

It's a myth like the fountain of youth or the wage gap. I've gotten the coveted sharpness+5 OOO, the pierce up+5 OOO, the tenderizer+5 OOO. But this fast charge one does not exist.

it only exists if you don't need it

So with all this talk of time attacks, would the weapon/style tiers change much in Gen with no restrictions? The japanese TA wiki has specific rules, like no bombs, traps, or heroics/adrenaline. From what I remember in 4U, SnS did better with bomb spam, and the weapon is meant to use items anyways. Brave style seems like it could work well with heroics since brave evade reduce your HP to 1 but don't kill you.

Some TA runs of the MHXX demo use items and some don't. Which do people prefer? Since hammer is being talked about, the two fastest I found for Barioth both use items:
Brave hammer 04'34''25: youtu.be/si0aZbJZIp0
Guild hammer 4’05”68: youtu.be/DV1a4YHlrOE

I feel it too soul brother. That golden spiked paralysis hammer looks nice paired with the dreadqueen set. It's a shame it's not very good though. Only green sharpness and fairly low raw. Typhoon trigger and hammer spin help a little for applying the para but it's not much. Getting two KO's per hunt I usually can only proc the para once and sometimes not at all.

I got it twice while filling checkmarks. Naturally I do not use GS or Bow.

Never mind on the guild hammer video, there's a faster one that didn't use items:
3'36"10: youtu.be/-2Znn9yYX-s

I personally am not bothered by item use because they're meant to be used. When I hear time attack I think the point is fastest time so whatever is shaving off time is fine with me. I don't really have a serious interest in them though so I'm only watching them for the entertainment. It's cool to see these people break down the monsters to a science and just know all the perfect positioning to land these incredible hits and gotchas. I remember seeing cantaperme knock a rath out of its flying charge with a head on hammer uppercut and that was awesome to see.

One question, why do they frown on heroics/adrenaline? It's a big damage boost but you're flirting with disaster the whole time you have them in effect so someone has to play really well to kill the monster without carting at all using those.

okay thanks will do

I use all the weapons so I've gotten some use out of the other charms but I use GS the most. I've got over 100 uses for everything in Gen but over 1,000 for GS. It's just the most comfortable weapon for me and I just cannot get that damned charm. I want it bad.

>Bludgeoner and Tenderizer
Does that affect the KO damage as well?

>If you want to do the most dmg with cb use striker style since it gets like a 5% dmg boost
On everything? sorry I don't really know much about MHX.

Anyone knows other "viable" builds?

Thank you very much anyways guys.