/mcg/ - Minecraft General:

Grass Friend Edition

Previous thread:

We discuss minecraft, minecraft packs, projects, seeds, building ideas...
Share server stories and keep the screenshots coming, we want to see more builds!
If you develop mods or anything Minecraft related, keep us updated so we can give feedback.
Don't spam your server or discord here; use the list from the link below to advertise it.

>==[Links]====[News]==

Other urls found in this thread:

bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-111421?jql=affectedVersion = "Minecraft 1.11" AND text ~ "explosion"
ufile.io/402b71
youtube.com/watch?v=ucvrVNe4meM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for plebbit :^)

second for Something Awful

FRIENDLY REMINDER THAT TNT CANNONS WERE AN UNINTENDED FEATURE AND HAVE THUS BEEN FIXED.

bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-111421?jql=affectedVersion = "Minecraft 1.11" AND text ~ "explosion"

fourth for GOSH DURN CONSERVATIVES

Fuck 1.10, 1.7.10 is the last version

Wanna implement a Goatman mob, but I have a bit of a dilemma.
I could make it Skinwalker-like or Diablo 2 Goatman-like.
What kind of abilities, weaknesses and immunities do you think it could have?

Seventh for MachineMuse. My goddess, my waifu.

>
She's cute

>She
>implying implications

skinwalker
make it mimic the player's skin and stalk them, have it be really fast and do a ton of damage
if you need some inspiration for abilities, visit the stalker general on /k/ or skinwalker threads on /x/

>be me
>reroll for a new world
>only criteria is there must be a oil well nearby
>reroll about 25 times
>finally see an oil well
>scratch that there are THREE
>realize i'm standing on one block of sand with no other piece of land near the horizon

Such is life of Steve

I also have Mystcraft and RFTools.

>make it mimic the player's skin and stalk them
Can't do that with my current knowledge, sadly.
What I can do so far.
>Moves really fast
>Has a weird moving animation
>Hit and run strategy, so when you turn around there may be nothing there or you may catch a glimpse of it.
>Long aggro, may decide to fuck with you and you won't even know
>Summons an evil version of a friendly NPC.
>Said evil version of friendly NPC moves in a somewhat skinwalkery manner and may just vanish on its own.
If I could make it teleport too it would be great, but no idea how so far.

Seeing that there seems to be no Luma Lotuses in my world, I'm going to create one that hopefully does.

if you're gonna add some form of shapeshifting to the skinwalker you might be able to apply sounds to the different forms
also, post webms of the thing moving

Oh god.

Let's talk about something more fun /mcg/.
What do you listen to while you let your autism run free?
Come on now don't be ashamed. As long as it isn't
>A E S T H E T I C
You're fine.

Listen to House myself, there are a couple of hundred playlists around so not like there's a shortage.

>A E S T H E T I C
what falls under this category, just vaporwave?

Pretty much.
It's an ultimate meme.

>just vaporwave
Tha fuck you mean "JUST"?

Will probably do once he's ready, so far is kind of a wimp. He needs that teleport.
Also I remember from some stories he can also cause blindness and nausea so it will be THAT kind of enemy.
It will be the equivalent of that miniboss Castlevania miniboss fight.
For the sake of balance (and since you wield holy artifacts and all) it won't have that much HP. About 100-150 should do.

vaporwave is the only one associated with A E S T H E T I C S
anybody with a brain distances synthwave/new retrowave/outrun from vaporwave

>be me
>running from one resource collecting area to the next
>look up into window of building overlooking path
>see movement
>think maybe my spawn-proofing measures failed and a skeleton spawned inside
>walk into building with sword drawn
>fucking pain in the ass skeletons, distracting me from important-
>hear glass breaking sound effect
>turn around just in time to see player character dressed exactly as me jump from floor above onto path I was just standing on and sprint away
>try to chase
>can't find him
If that ever happened to me, I'd probably close my game and reformat my entire hard drive.

Advanced nesting packs are INSANELY useful.
Holy crap this is amazing.

whenever the skinwalker spawns you should have the game disable ambient sound effects until either it dies or despawns
also, give them a decent amount of knockback seeing as in one story a guy banzai charged one and it knocked his ass into the water below

>putting a backpack into a backpack

It's insanely retarded, but it's great.
So far I have a toolpack and materialspack. But later on when I put in filtered packs for the farm, shit's gonna get crazy.
Crazy handy!

You're hyping it up too much.
Remember Endermen?

>no Luma Lotuses in my world
?
You have 0 snow biomes or something?

>Kockback included, but not too sure about it actually turning into the player because it makes the doppelgänger less unique He may still turn into friendly npcs though.
>skinwalkers turned into NPCS repeat some of their quotes, but in a broken way

Might be playing Regrowth.
RFtools Dimensions is a fun mod in that modpack. Instead of fixing the dimension you just say fuck everything and abandon it.
10/10. Would let pigmen steal my ores again.

you gonna include the loud screech?

Direwolf20 is the best :D

Is that the final quest?

General sound: Hyena laugh
Angry sound: Loud screech
Death sound: none, just pops out of existence, you'll likely be so fucked up that you won't even know he died

Here's how it goes so far.
>Spawn one in town.
>Walk around to trigger it
>Suddenly, feel nauseous
>turn around
>Nothing
>Explore a bit more because nothing is hitting me
>See it suck in a corner for some seconds, moving in a gottagofast way, seems like a glitch in the game
>Hit it once
>Turns around
>blinds me.
>Try to hit it again, but it walks through me and is nowhere to be found
>the world twirls and darkness engulfs me
>Looking around like crazy because his strategy is "attack from behind"
>Fight lasts for a whole 2 min, I barely land a hit.
>Nearly dead
>Suddenly effects go away, there's nothing around
>I'm pretty sure I didn't kill it.
>MFW I don't know where the fuck it went.
It's not the real deal, but I'm pleased with the result so far. You don't want to fight this shit at night.

I'm not talking about Enderman. What I'm basically talking about is an Herobrine.

this sounds fucking awesome, is it gonna be standalone or part of another mod?

Nah, RFtools Dimensions isn't even in the pack originally. You're gonna use fabulous magic and Millènaire instead.

IC2 nukes will finally have a good use.
>Feel it coming
>Drop nuke
>Get the fuck outta there

Burning hacker jews is fun.

I used Witchery's model, but I made this one using CustomNPCS and NBTedit. So I can't do that much. Any good programs to capture vids? I wanna post a bit of it.

>vanilla

OBS + webm for retards.

rip drive lifetime

Well not everyone hates vanilla, guy.

Yes, and retards should be bullied.

Who shat in your bowl of piss man?

/kspg/

______:(_____

Ah, my condolences.

I uploaded one of the fights here.
ufile.io/402b71

You can just see some of the basic abilities it has, but it won't be as overpowered as it is now. I managed to kill it 2-3 times out of 20+
Also bear in mind that I'm wearing full iron, you shouldn't face this guy without a set of overpowered holy weaponsn armors and potions.

I started the video next to it so I got blinded right at the very beginning. Normally nausea will hit you first and blindness later if you stick around enough. He was more fun to fight in the town because there were more hideouts for both of us and he would be waiting for me around some corners. I'll try to make the forest area just as fun.
Oh, and even though he looks OP as fuck he is definitely killable, even with an iron set.
I wouldn't worry about that

egg was too good for this world

I had some extremely spooky moment enderman in and around my base. Like one spawning and suddenly teleports all around me without rain, ending the warp near my view point.
Or random Enders pissed off and chasing me a forest (but here i think it was Special AI pissing with me, it makes make them harder too).

Caw caw. Have a bump

>random spastic enderman teleporting from rain
>lands right in smeltery, gets burned
>tries to teleport out but dies b/c disjunction ring
>free resonant ender

Why upload it to an external site which made me download the video when you can post it here?

Feast your eyes, my children. Come stroll with me though the lands Erroneous.

*vomits internally*

what the fuck

Holy shit, how terrifying.

>tfw want to make an semi-adventure map
>realize that the majority of the mods I want to include weren't made to work with others well
>not only that but they're of course closed source as well so you can't realistically tweak them
>end up booting pack, remember all of that, then promptly turn it off
>been doing that several times a day
>time to work on that map
>oh yeah.....
Why do so many modders have to be fags about their work

I want to have a balanced gameplay for once since TiC fucked my desire to do things but I don't want to use vanilla anymore. What is a good mode that add sane tools and has good progression?

Thaumcraft

Because you are playing a game for 12 year olds on adderall and ritalin.
Play another game like rim world or something.

>sane

I have a magic axe that does 30 damage per click, sets the target on fire, has looting IV, is unbreakable and chops down entire trees in one swing.

Not that I'm complaining but if you don't consider TiCon tools sane this may not be the best direction to move in.

It hasn't even begun.
I've designed an entrire area where he just wanders. You'll be walking around and hearing the occasional laughter because he's nearby, but he may not even attack you. If you get too close to his lair, however, expect things like that video to happen plus hyena laugh plus screeching and the occasional skinwalking.

>thaumic tinkerer
wasn't talking about that

Why has the dev of Ars Magica 2 decided that the flowers you need for many of the stuff in the mod (Aum, Wakebloom, Desert Nova, Cerublossom) cannot be farmed and thus, must be plucked from the ground every single time?

Are shaders gamebreakers in this game?
I'd like to play my new spooky area with some decent shadows, but I don't want to kill my pc.

It's not even Thaum tinker

well overenchanting is expensive

fuck you, that's why

So you can pass the map without fighting him? Of course its gonna be spooky af but if you stay far you wont engage him?

To be fair, Ars Magica 2 is the mod I liked the least among the five mods I know (Thaumcraft, Witchery, Botania, AM2 and Blood Magic). Hell, Evilcraft seems to be better with progression than BM in places.

safeword status: still abort

>if you stay far
You will never stay far. This is just an area of the two castles. There are more than 40. You're minecrafting around, questing and adventuring and suddenly you MAY have to face this guy in one of the areas. You don't know when or where, you won't even know what the hell is going on if you don't expect it.
You don't find him. He finds you.

Forgot to mention, Even though the two castles are huge the path is mostly linear until you block the shortcut areas or find the right items, so you should at least encounter him once. It started as a small miniboss and now it's kind of like a small DLC

So, how terrible would it be to give Immersive Engineering more efficient ore crushing in a crusher (3x instead of 2x) because it's so much harder to construct than a SAG mill or whatever?

Especially considering that I've got Mekanism in my pack, which has its own 3x and 4x ore systems.

>playing a custom modded Skyblock because I have no idea what else to do
>Grimoire of Waifu minotaur falls down my mob trap and is trapped in the walls somehow
>gets out of the trap and starts chasing me around the island
>die at least seven times before I can kick him off
>literally the only item I lost to the void was a stack of arrows

You could make him as a side quest to kill him and you have to retrieve an item like his heart and give it to a npc for reward.

>his heart is actually outside his body
>hidden somewhere in the ruins
>have to find it and burn it in lava before you can kill him for good

Lucky

What's a good industry and technology centered modpack that includes questing? I'm tired of all the magic stuff, I just want to build machines and all that autism.

Funny you mention that because he drops his heart on death. I've taught him well.
Motherfucker is fast, but sometimes he deliberately stops. That way you can stare at it from the distance for an instant. I wish he could get the enderman "stares if you stare then aggroes" thingy.
I'll give him just only 75 hp because he's fucking hard. I made him so when you wander his area you will probably either never know what hit you or catch a glimpse of him, get curious and then get rekt.
He isn't even overpowered. His nausea attack does 1heart damage, and his regular attacks from 1 to 4 hearts wearing full iron. He's just very hard to hit if you don't know the right strategy.
Easily done ( I think)
Once I get into questing I'll try to get something like this done for it to stop respawning every night like a regular mob.

stumpserb 2 is soon
play project ozone 2 kappa mode

don't do that

>do do that
ftfy

>we used to be able to move portions of the world around with different mods
>1.8+ have been so bad for modding that almost all fun and moddability have been limited to basic functions again
>this is what we get when modders try to replicate functionality from 5+ years ago

youtube.com/watch?v=ucvrVNe4meM

>mining shit using veinminer
>accidentally break a single block of stone
>pickaxe explodes
Fuck me.

>Nothing but an large flat platform
For shame

What modpacK?

Valkyrian warfare or whatever it is is, which is meme version exclusive, is better than any previous moving mod before it, except one that one no one seems to remember.

>being that illiterate
>actually wanting that shitty skyblock

that was a slide serb, stumpserb 2 is gonna be the actual serb

YEP

Why did they change it to work with a hotkey?

because they're expecting you do let go of it instead of holding it down like a retard?

so what builds are you guys currently working on

is it A E S T H E T I C or does it look like shit