/twg/ - Total War General

embed edition, lazy cunts

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN (embed)

>Warhammer introduction to MP Lords and Heroes
pastebin.com/hPkPujTB (embed) (outdated)

>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>ACTUAL Total War News
Patch, Bretonnia and Isabella are out

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

NEW
Update Info -- forums.totalwar.com/discussion/191504/bretonnia-update-patch-notes

>Recent
DLC -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331

Suggested Mod Pack:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817040576

ded:

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/534330/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Worship Khorne

no

fuck tfw

But he is a downer.

>Most Ancient and Venerable Memes.

"""Roman""" "Emperor"

>WC1
>orcs fighting humans
>no drama, just a war
>WC2
>alliance of orcs and shit vs alliance of humans and shit
>no drama, just a war
>WC3
>PROPHECIES
>ANCIENT EVILS
>MULTIPLE WORLDS AND SHIT
>YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE THE CHOSEN ONE, ANAKIN

Man, Metzen should never have stopped making concept art. Everything has gone down after WC2.

unbroken chain

See. Just as I said.

>Warcraft 2 didn't have multiple worlds and shit

Is this supposed to be some kind of joke or did you really just not play it?

It really depends on who counts as heir.

>Implying 3 times the same story would be fresh and fun.

Somehow Sigvald managed to go all the way around Norsca and popped up here whilst my armies are buring down the rest of Chaos.

All his units are fucking Chosen.

>Fucking End Times.

>Matthias Letard
>Letard
kek

>WC2
>no drama

Aha.

True dat, forgot the expansion.

Wow, what a magnificent bastard

what's the best mod to fix undead armies?

Killing all their generals should set the army on auto crumble, units that just keep on fighting are a pain in the ass.

>WC2
>No drama
Come on man

Don't just mindlessly focus their lord.

>Gobbo Archers

What are some good mods for Shogun 2/FOTS?

Is it me or does the Empire gets buttfucked by the first Chaos invasion (before Archaon n shit) every single grand campaign now? Also, Chaos ignores Manny

>twg will be non stop brettonia poasting for weeks
>literally no interest in le arthurian chivalrous normans of ze lady

I don't, but when you whole line of peasants has been routed, and you could go for their lord, that's the smart thing to do, except of course killing the vampire/necromancer barely even affects his army.

If you frontline is only peasants you're gonna have a bad time anyway, bring in some better inf, you don't even need the shield upgrades and their upkeep is not that much higher than peasants

Radious mounted ninjas.

Rock the boat!

Lorewise that fits him really well though, like in the middle of invading Ulthuan when things started to look a little bad, he just randomly up and quit the warband and fucked off to Bretonnia because he had a craving at that time for some of the wine.

He fairly regularly tends to just randomly show up places based on whatever urge he has at the time.

They always have in my campaigns. Varg and Skaelings fuck over everyone, and in combination with WoC it becomes a wave that the AI cannot handle no matter what. The only time I've seen the AI handle the invasion was when VC managed to conquer most of the Empire, and then had a billion zombie stacks that they sent to Archaon.

Vargs and Skaelings needs to be toned down. They're supposed to be raiders, and yet each time they attack they send two or three full stacks, instead of a smaller stacks of maybe 5-10 units.

True dat, beastpeople are a whole race and they're way less intimidating than shit chaos vikings.

>poasting
>implying anyone but your horrible, spoiling mum gives a quarter of a shit about what you have interest in fuck off

What about Vampire girls?

WHY ARE THEY SO BASED??ยง!1?

It kind of looks like the cup was full of blood, and the beastman knocked her hand and emptied the cup all over her.

reminder to always bring your IRONDRAKES to siege

I, Sigmar, henceforth proclaim that not only is Mannfred von Carstein the TRUE von Carstein, but that he is in fact the greatest and most noble exemplar of all the various Undead forms. Had I the misfortune to face such a powerful and malevolent foe instead of that inelegant old fool Nagash, my time as Emperor would have been short indeed. I submit to all who view this missive that any who refer to Mannfred as a "mannlet" or any other slur shall meet a most gruesome end. They would be far better served submitting to the true von Carstein and enjoying a satisfactory life in his eternal kingdom. I only hope that my empire shall soon be delivered from that brash and arrogant Karl Franz and find its new ruler to be the noble and wise Mannfred von Carstein.

-Sigmar Helgenhammer

Does anyone have that picture with the map of the entire Warhammer world and the races/DLC planned? I can't remember exactly what it was but i remember it was something of that nature.

FUG

>Mannfred can't spell.

So what's the going strat for opening as Brettonia? Knock out Marienburg ASAP and then sack Grung Zint? Then farm greenskin incursions/grung zint until that event ends?

>Implying the balance of power bar wasn't full yellow
You sure needed those drakes

Am I the only one who wants to rename her into Batwoman? Because once she gets the right spec she turns into a really, really crazy Batwoman.

So, how do you guys play as Skarnisk/Beggar?

Do you just go straight for eight peaks or do you go around conquering stuff on the way?

If you destroy the orcs the events end.

Keep the event going. Farm the orcs until you can summon Ramirez, and after the event is done go and take care of Skullsmashers and then Marienburg by summoning the GK and letting him charge first. Fucker is nigh indestructible and causes Terror.

Acceptable

Literally mad

I've played Belegar a few times and turtled, and ended up always finding it boring.

Now I just gun it straight for K8P and capture the provinces around it, slowly building up a force from there.

No one comes to bother you once you've killed those dwarves on the mountains close to your starting position, especially now that elves are afk for the whole campaign.
Easiest campaign once you chewed through nearby dawi settlements.

As Skarsnik you can wait with Karak since the penalty isn't that big, so do whatever you want. Belegar is a lot more tricky. As soon as you get a garrison building the Gits invasion will just hang around outside your cities, and the ghost dorfs you get can help with Public Order. I usually unite the province, gather up everything I own, make sure every building has a garrison, then march to Karak. Your ghost dorfs are hilariously powerful and will be the key to help you take the city.

As Belegar, you gotta be a weird gypsy. Abandon the vaults, take some land in the badlands, and make your way to Karak Eight Peaks.

I'll give it a shot, thanks user.

I'm trying to be less of a cuck and play on hard instead of normal.

nae kwite rite

Go for VH instead, then switch battle difficulty to Normal in Options -> Campaign menu.

Will do, campaign AI actually differs based on difficulty or do they just get crazy super campaign bonuses?

You should capture marinenburg for its port and confederate bordeleaux for port and wineyards asap, those two places bring in the big pesos.
Also, trade agreements bring in lots of cash before you confederate with fellow bretonnians.

>If you only have flying units they will automatically route

This game is so much fucking more fun to play now that they fixed their shitty unit size bug

Battles are massive

It's only bonuses, the AI stays the same. However, the extra resources makes the campaign much more interesting because they can afford more than one or two stacks, and it's not cheating out of the arse when playing manual battles.

They're better at counting cards and dodging your armies by a hair. The AI will also receive at least 5 tons of Nazi gold per turn, leading to massive AI armies.

I've been playing Very Hard since forever. What does it actually cheat on? I've been playing Dorfs only and the only thing I ever really lose to is Chaos, if they bring chariots and hellcannons

Public order bonus for them and handicap for you, corruption decay, money, money, even more money, absurd amount of money so they can sustain more stacks.

On campaign it gets help with Public Order and money. That's it. In battle it increases every stat by... a hilarious amount, especially if you're playing on VH. Greatswords will lose to common gobbos and shit like that.

Look at the scale of the fucking battles

Doesn't look much different than max unit size, except if you only play chaos and dorfs.

>Greatswords will lose to common gobbos and shit like that.
Playing on Legendary i've never found it to be nearly as bad as that, though you're still at a marked disadvantage with "equal" quality units.

>12fps

Which mod are you using?

Oh fuck, I was wondering why my melee were shit and basically always losing/being a tank for my ranged units

So VH with Normal battle difficulty is the fun way to go?

???

Unit Size Expansions - 150% by Railgun

Radious

They get leadership bonuses and about 12% more attack and defense.

It's enough to make you lose a mirror match but no where near what you described.

VH/H I guess is the real flavor.

Yes, basically. Also, medium unit size can be considered if you want to use lots of magic so it isn't useless, but the game seems balanced around large.

Is there anything I can do about herdstones/corrupting structures in ruins that I can't possibly occupy? It's annoying to have neighboring provinces that were trashed by the Beastmen, and proactivity seems like the only option.

So I can't see Bretonnia as a faction in the old war campaign menu. I'm using CreamAPI, anyone else had a similar problem?

So which warhammer campaign doesn't start out with you getting fucked or about to get fucked aside from dwarfs?

More ultra scale battles

Brettonia? You're pretty safe and it's easy to confederate.

Skarsnik, VC, Welves, beastmen, chaos
Definitely not Greenskin, Wurzzag and empire

Decided to change up the howitzers a little, now they fire battleaxes..

That's different.

>Frenchmen throwing axes
Remindes me of someone

Explosive battleaxes, by the way.

>Radious tetsubo ninjas
ftfy

post screenshots

>A count of Ostland leading his army against me

Are there any maps for the campaign on the workshop yet?

And if you switch to non-explosive, you get 10000 axes per shot, they have spin animation too.

>A doom diver successfully brings down two fort towers

>Bretonnia is pretty OP, so I figured now is a good time to get into VH/VH
>40 turns later
VH/VH was a mistake.

Did you download Bretonnia?

store.steampowered.com/app/534330/

So it's pretty clear that the expansion will be the entire new world plus Ulthuan, but what about the next?

Assuming the second expansion finally gives us playable kangz, does the Southlands have enough content to make it worth it? At best there's kanz, lizardmen and dorfs, plus Araby as another Empire clone, so maybe go and include the Darklands to add Chaos dorfs and Ogres in one go?

Did CA manage to fuck up the crumbling mechanic?
>play as Alberic
>have to fight two stacks of Mousillon fucktards
>manage to kill Red Duke and the other cunt ASAP
>literally nothing fucking happens
>units have the red cloudy shit circling around them BUT NOTHING HAPPENS
>have to run them down for 20 minutes

Who should I play as in my first Attila game? Should I do charlemagne first?

I seriously doubt CA will make a single grand campaign map

What happens when that hits a unit?