E38 728i, yes or no?

I need a cheap comfy barge to drive about in and I'm looking at a 728i, how bad can it be?

I'm after the poverty spec one because I don't feel like paying 90's BMW V8 repair bills and speed isn't particularly important. I'm aware a 2 tonne car with 190bhp will be deathly slow but I don't really care. I just need a comfy car for a year that I don't care too much about because I don't have a garage, if I bought something I cared about I wouldn't be able to sleep

Will the repair bills kill me or not? From what I've read all the major components are shared with the E39 so it can't be too ruinous.. right?

yes, 8.6s to 60 is deadly slow, my ass. I guess you said that to appease the Burger bench racers. it is still quicker than you'd expect from a relatively small engine in a big car.
also, a modern mid size wagon weighs about the same.

go for it but if you're that insecure about your finances you should definitely don't get a big bmw, especially if you life outside europe. prices for 7 parts are sometimes much higher just because they're branded as 7 parts while they're often actually physically similar to 5 or even 3 series parts.

>20yr old bmw
>cheap

buy a civic

LS400 seems right up your alley

if he lives in germoney those are almost impossible to come by

Don't get the eurocuck engine. Get the V12 or don't bother.

>Don't get the eurocuck engine.
>Get the V12 or don't bother.
Literal definition of a bench racer post.

>yes, 8.6s to 60 is deadly slow, my ass. I guess you said that to appease the Burger bench racers.
Nah it just is in the real world. My current car is quoted at 8.7 and it's slow, it's fast enough to have fun with, but it's slow in a straight line.

I heard they were a meme and aren't actually as reliable as people make out, was a counter meme'd?

In UK.

>In UK.

...have fun with insuring that beast and the taxes for it

if you're going to have an expensive to operate vehicle you might as well go for the most special/coolest one.

It's actually cheap as chips to insure which is part of the reason for wanting one. Every dumb kid and their dog has a Fiat 500 or Shitroen C2 or other generic shitbox so there's a million crashes involving them so they are high risk.

How many old men do you suppose roll their 20 year old luxury car off a cliff while hooning?

Look up the V12 specs and then compare it with the V8.

V12 is only for prestige and that also only when it is NEW. normies won't get the difference and people who know about cars will pity him for being a tryhard idiot who gets his money sucked off for nothing.

730/35 inline 6 is buttery smooth and more than sufficient but the perfect choice is the V8.

Get an e32, it looks better and the 6 cylinder engines are easy to maintain

except the v8 is more unreliable than the v12.

You don't buy a V12 luxury car to go fast, pleb, it's because you've got fuck you money and don't care about paying 2x as much in fuel to get an engine thats 20% smoother.

Wait.
I forgot that the E38 doesn't have the M60 V8 anymore.

You can be right but not sure if it's really worse than the V12.
At least the M60 was a really bulletproof V8 but yeah, don't know about the M62

Look at a w220 I hear they're reliable 1998-2005 and they may have more parts. Go to rockauto.com they have anything you can ask for, I think they even have painted panels.

>w220
>reliable
Airmatic would like to have a word with you

So what is a very reliable BMW/Mercedes from the 80-90's that is very affordable then ?
Something that drives sporty would be a huge plus for me as well.
Budget goes to 8000 eurodollars.

LS400
>LS400
LS400
>LS400
LS400
>LS400
LS400
>LS400

Wasn't airmatic just an option?
But even if the rust would still want to have a word with you

E28 M5

Are you joking?
These are all 18.000+ here due to collectors value.