Diesel trucks

I'm relatively new to the board, and I was wondering how Veeky Forums feels about diesel trucks in general. All I seem to see is ricers and hentai covered shitboxes. Since I'm really only here for the memes, how do (You) feel about diesels? What do you drive? What do you hate about diesels? What do you love?

>pic related, just bought a 2012 Ram 2500 the other day

You telling me none of you weebs own a diesel?

Please respond.

Nigga wtf. Buy a god damn diesel if you want. There are goods and bads with everything. Go fuck yourself.

Diesel sucks, unless you're driving commercial, you must have a small penis if you drive one on the road.

Wew lad, all I wanted was a discussion. Did someone piss in your tendies this morning?

I like the sound of an idling diesel

>lmao tiny Benis
Is this the only retort gas fags have? Diesel engines hold their value generally longer than their gas engine counterparts do.

>wants a rational discussion on this shit hole
LOL this thread has already devolved into
>diesel succkkss hurrrr
>diesel is good huuurrrrr

the best diesels are the ones before the new emissions regs happened in 07

The only upside to the new ones are better transmissions and suspension but I agree

yeah the newest ones are okay

but for a few years before urea injection they used a DPF which fucked mpgs

>Veeky Forums
>discussion

thanks for the kek. but seriously if you want legitimate pros/cons from people that are actually knowledgeable this is absolutely NOT the place to get them.

Im from europe so all we drive is diesel cars, especially trucks, theres no petrol trucks here.
In my opinion if diesel makes sense anywhere is in trucks. Low stress, low rpm torque, much more eficient and sturdy, and even more reliable, its just a bit more expensive to maintain. I dont know what options americans have in the diesel department but i heard that cummins is ok

I have an 06 3500 Silverado lbz. I also have a 30 foot toyhauler to drag my sandrail to glamis.

I've grown up doing desert shit my whole life. I've towed everything from tiny tent trailers, to full blown 50 foot 5th wheels with both gassers and diesels.

There is a reason I own diesel, and an older one at that. Fuck def and all the newer garbage.

Pic related

Op, do you tow anything, or just want to roll coal? Also, what state?

Hey I have one of those, a 2000 F250 to be exact. Coming up on 300,000 miles and still runs great, I work for a company that sets up pole frame tents and tables for parties and shit. Good college job, and I use my truck to pull the company trailer.

To answer some of your other questions, I love my truck. It's super fun to drive such a huge truck with a huge engine, its like nothing else really. The noise, the grunt, its great man. The only problems are gas (14 mpg) and maintenence costs (>100 $ oil change if you do it yourself)

How the fuck is an oil change that much? I throw my homer bucket under the drain bolt, swap filters, refill with oil. That shit is nowhere near $100

Well mine takes 17 quarts man, Rotella costs money

i have two diesels
>inb4 eurocuck
im an american living over here, cant wait to get back

Big diesels take like 15 liters of oil and the filters cost more.

>shits on ricers
>wants to drive a diesel truck for no apparent reason

does my Diesel Punto count

If driving a large car means you have a small penis, does driving a small car mean you have a large penis? If so, at what point is the penis too large to fit in the small car?

Ah, got it. Mine only holds 10 quarts.

I have a fuckhueg truck, a tiny truck, an avaerage sedan, and a motorcycle.

Muh dick is all the sizes.

>666
>drives a duramax
Coincidence?

if you want to tow, diesel all the way. otherwise i prefer gas. i live in north Canada and have a 2500 Silverado with the 6.0 gas engine and a gas Subaru Sambar, im not waiting 5 hours for a diesel to warm up in January

i was a mechanic for years and diesel owners were the worst, especially F250 and F350 owners. came in with a lifted Powerstroke with $4000 rims and $2000 mud tires then complained they couldnt cough up the $5k bill for headgaskets and new tires because their knobby mud tires looked like racing slicks

Yea but the only alternative is r/cars

And if you dare have an opinion about anything you get downvoted to shit there. It's like the opposite of busriders on Veeky Forums it's a very smart young lad coming and giving you his unsolicited no-bullshit empirical advice.

Dude, I fucking hate mud tires.
>Live in a college town in texas
>Every other motherfucker with a jeep or diesel has the knobbiest coopers they could find
>House is close to a major road near the bar district
>Loudest tire drone you can imagine late at night from all the fucks driving to the bars

>im here 4 le epic meems XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
fuck off you stupid cock sucking homofagosexual

>he likes the sound of a rasping old fart with lung cancer

Bumpin with another pic

Diesel a shit. Gasoline truck masterrace

DPF>urea

If you actually loaded the truck like a truck you wouldn't even need a regen cycle.

Agreed, one of the reasons why I love winter so much is I actually get an excuse to sit in my truck and listen to it idle

>Muh dick is all the sizes.

Mine too, but it usually changes with how aroused I am.

I don't tow anything yet but I'm gonna need a 20 ft trailer for living situations for my job as a lineman.
Also I'm in commiefornia now.

>being this butt hurt
>on a wapanese child cartoon jpeg soundboard

>NA IDI from the 80s
Slow af, but I get like 17mpg mixed. I want a powerstroke tho for that DI sound.. so good.

Imma need some pics, show me those right angles

Owned two 6.4L Powerstrokes, both DPF/DOC deleted and running H&S tuning. Regret getting rid of the white one, because I didn't like driving the black one.

Drive a 7.3L now to tow.

The 6.4 was better to use when I towed, but that should be obvious with an eight year model difference. The 7.3 is easier on my mind and wallet though. It's stock and 2wd.

>inb4 6.4L a shit
3 straight years of routine maintenance and driving in North Dakota winters, never had an issue outside of fuel gelling up on me.

Keep in mind ca just passed the new gas and registration taxes, raising it like a motherfucker. Diesel will go up another 20c, but it's not capped. I've lived in ca for almost 30 years, I've seen that shit more than $5 a gallon, and with a 30 gallon tank and 15mpg, life will hurt.

So why do prime movers require so many regeneration cycles when they are indeed a truck loaded up like a truck?

Not a coincidence.

I am fueled by hate and caffeine.

My existence is misery.

I probably am made of pure hellfire and evil.

>Diesel fiat

Maybe take a look at r/diesel and/or r/trucks

Idk if they'll help you all that much but at least r/diesel is inhabited by people that actually somewhat know what they're talking about and have experience with diesels and could probably give you a better idea than on this board and r/cars. Also the subreddit is small enough to where people are still allowed to have opinions there.

joke's on you I have an average size car and my penis is tiny

this is why i'm getting a twingo

So people will think that you have a large penis?

>666
>333
Its official, kek drives a Dmax

Wow, shit is getting real for me.

No pics of engine though cause it's not pretty like the outside

>current aggie
gig 'em. I drive a 6.0 and not the diesel kind.

It's oddly relaxing to me

Yet another dipshit that's looking to validate the shitty decision they've already made

In college and driving a 1 ton? Congrats on that mommy and daddy money you cuck faggot. Also, why on the flying fuck would you get a ford diesel? They have changed engines in those fucking things likr 4 times in the last 15 years because they can't develop or buy a worthwhile diesel to dave their fucking lives unless you step up to the F550+ and get the 6.7 Cummins. Pathetic.

Nigga Ford didn't even start making their own engines until the 6.0 in 2003, and the previous engines were fairly similar (especially the 6.9 and 7.3 idi- basically the same engine)

And you don't need"mommy and daddy's money" to buy such an old one ton. In some areas you can get them for like $7k, which isn't all that much

Had a diesel toureg for a while. Sounded sweet, smelled great. I replaced it w a petrol one a few years ago at 160k and regret it. Will prob stick w diesel going forward.

>Ford didn't even start making their own engines until the 6.7 in 2011

Fixed that for you

>Fixed that for you
Thanks, you're right lol

I got a 7.3 because it was my Dads old work truck and thats what he gave me, if you want to say they're bad engines be my guest but everyone here knows you're wrong. A civic of the same year in decent shape would sell for more so Im not exactly high rolling. I take the bus to campus anyways so the shite gas mileage isn't really a problem. Go be stupid in Honda general.

I can only see half for some reason, based af looking truck from what I can tell in the thumbnail though. Ive always wanted that body style with a modern powerstroke swapped in, a 6.0 swap would be wicked

I really wanted to get a TDI golf but it looks like they won't be coming back to the US

Gig' em, a buddy of mine straight piped his 6.0 gasser, sounded mean as hell.

They have a purpose like all other trucks? Kinda wish mine was diesel but I don't tow enough to justify it. My 5.2 gasser is enough for treework and the 5speed + 4wd is fun.
Besides every diesel around here is a sissy truck used for parking and talking.

I don't get this mindset unless its purely financial. When you say justify and you mean justify the costs of maintaining a diesel vs a gasoline counterpart, then that makes sense, you want to save money and you wouldn't use a diesel pickup enough so why buy one, I get it. But if you can afford it and you want one, whats the difference between that and getting an expensive sports car? You don't need to frequent trackdays or be a racecar driver so you can justify your sports car, you just enjoy having it. Why, on Veeky Forums, is that same pass not given to diesel trucks? Boggles my mind.

Kek

Yes. If I could afford it, I could afford toys to haul, therefore that would justify it. Currently I have a truck, car and motorcycle. My truck could haul both at truck once so im covered. Money = Toys = Weight.

>Besides every diesel around here is a sissy truck used for parking and talking.

Parking and talking is how you work in construction.

I believe because it is at the line of the added expense. In the states it appears diesel fuel is more expensive than gasoline and diesel parts are never cheap. It's cheaper to own and run a sports car (domestic that is) than a 3/4 ton truck.

And then there is a fact that there is nothing wrong with using a gasoline engine to tow medium sized loads on the regular. Diesel personal vehicles are just as much of a meme as a manual vehicle. In the USA that is.

I say this as a diesel fag. Diesel is 25% cheaper than gasoline here so it would be uneconomical not to be a diesel fag.

Why is the US a bitch about diesel price?

Did this work?
And I've thought of a PS swap but they have more computers and stuff. It'd be more cool to get a two stroke Detroit diesel swapped in, but I ain't got the money for dat

Fuck forgot pic

theyre fantastic for towing. I once raced a crew cab longbed duramax pulling a 39' triple axle 5th wheel with 4 people inside, 80 gallons of fuel, my '70 beetle in the trailer, a race car inside the trailer, tools, spare parts, combo mini mill/lathe, and luggage for 8 people against my 4cyl 4x4 tacoma with a passanger and my dorm room packed into the bed. I fucking lost.

Literally tax rape. But your truck cucks put up with it because muh deezul