/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, March 2nd:
537 – Siege of Rome: The Ostrogoth army under king Vitiges begins the siege of the capital. Belisarius conducts a delaying action outside the Flaminian Gate; he and a detachment of his bucellarii are almost cut off.
1476 – Burgundian Wars: The Old Swiss Confederacy hands Charles the Bold, Duke of Burgundy, a major defeat in the Battle of Grandson in Canton of Neuchâtel.
1791 – Long-distance communication speeds up with the unveiling of a semaphore machine in Paris.

>News
CK2 DD41 - Secret Religious Cults
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-41-secret-religious-cults.999496/

EU4 - 14/02
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-14th-of-february-2017.999636/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!PQgxyACD!bpcXXoWI3Pfu_PJ1_sz5D7wKYO2OStEWr_npgpw0B_w

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

based

white

Remember to pay for the games you play

Don't post here, ignore this thread, use the other one until it hits bump limit

Nica blob

>2003
why

White and based.

W&B

Steamcorders must be shitting their pants in fear right now

can confirm
t. steamcorder

no

>There's no such thing as a perfect Eur--

Is this a good or a mediocre Milan > Italy run?

see

why did you mislabel Oceania?

Howling to be quite honest

nth for based Free Cities (a grand strategy game btw)

Depends on definition of good and mediocre

20th for Battlefront 2's Galactic Conquest game mode (best Grand strategy currently on the market)

I actually like this guys policy tho

>is against selling DLC is little pieces like in EU4 and CK2
>felt like first DLC wasnt big enough to justify being part of expansion pass so adds up 1 more DLC to the pass

This but unironically

GOAT Italy borders in EU4 is your western border being the Rhone heading north including the inland trade center there, weaving into the alps with the 2 Swiss provinces in the Genoa trade node under your control, all provinces in the Venice trade node under your control, and the eastern border being Bosnia, Croatia, and Ragusa. The 3 provinces in Egypt including the two trade centers are nice for pushing trade into Venice. Corsica and Sardinia are a must, and the Balearics are a nice bonus. The state in Tunis including Tunis is also nice to push trade into Genoa. Main trade node in Genoa, a merchants collecting in Venice with no one else around to compete, capital in Rome, and upwards of 85? provinces in your home region alone. Bonus points for cucking the Berbers out of their coast for lol no more raids, hopefully you gave it to vassals, even more points for consolidating all the starting berber lands into one or two super vassals you release after ensuring their stability and their following of (insert Christian faith here, better be Catholic pal). Even more if you cheese the system and make a colonial nations for each trade node Taking the state with Ceuta to passively move trade from Seville to Genoa is also ok.

But for a Milan > Italy in 1645? 7/10

Make the Romans proud and bring civilization to AT LEAST 2 nigger tier civilizations

>implying I was being ironic
I unironically hope Battlefront 2:2 has something like Galactic Conquest, I think the devs said the biggest takeaway from battlefront 2:1 was that only having online was fucking retarded

I mean if my borders are looking okay. I also have 3 colonies, since I was overflowing with diplo points.

I will have trouble with the Ottomans sooner or later, they seem to be having an easy time this game, especially since France will not do much to them with that little teritorry.

My next moves will probably be reclaiming all of Italy from Aragon, then attack Savoy/Switzerland, after that it's either Iberia or northern Africa.

Or should I focus somewhere else? Also, should I continue expanding my current colonies(Brazila, La Plata and NA), or should I make new ones?

>Battlefront 2:2
>Battlefront 2:1

Fuck off

Battlefront
Battlefront 2
(time gap)
Battlefront (2)
Battlefront (2:2)(unreleased)

>Battlefront (2)
More like Battlefront (3) and Battlefront 2 (4)

This is much smarter actually

Okay

Which of these should I play in HPM?

Poland-Lithuania

just Poland (seems like a better meme)

Ukraine

Alaska

Israel

alaska
do it

I want to play as a Norse in CKII. Any goals?

Prepared invasion of North Africa, become muslim norse republic

Travel to India and conquer it.

Suomen 100-vuotisjuhlan kunniaksi.

For celebrating the Finnish independence of 100 years 6th of Decemeber 2017.

(no planning democratic finland start playthrough)

Make a minimod for Jewish Alaska.

somehow forgot picture

When everything is going wrong for everyone but you.

I dont think ive ever had such good luck in a game before.

>blobbing as switzerland

>wasting time taking single states when you could be doing the annexation exploit on all the prussian cores
Do you have all three Swiss cultures accepted?

Switzerland deserves access to the Baltic.

pls respond, what should my next move be?

No, how do I do that?

1. make someone release a single state
2. fabricate conquest cb on them, win the war without accepting peace
3. declare wars with the liberate country CB against other nations with their cores, win the war
4. pause the game and accept peace from the war(s) of national liberation, then accept the annexation offer before unpausing

How does that add accepted cultures?

It doesn't, I was just asking if you used the Swiss minimod, if you don't there's no point in blobbing

What do you do as Switz then without blobbing?

Just become GP through industry/prestige?

You don't become a GP. You just do autistic stuff with your pops and your industry.

yes

How the hell did you do that.

Well gonna restart and only focus on switz, how do I go about changing the government type to reactionary? I want to build my own factories and its the only one and I cannot pick it myself.

Do I just keep doing elections and making my focus Reactionary loyalty?

don't need to waste your focus so early on when you need literacy more, but yeah, just spam elections all day

alright, gonna restart and not blob, especially because Germany wouldnt stop fucking my ass.

OwO

cheating

anyone got that meme pic of the kid screaming about gross germanium and giving all the midle east to serbia, i need it

There should be some sort of "learn the fuck up" modifier for getting your raiders destroyed

The same three pagan faggots have been landing guys on my since the viking age, and not once have they not been sent packing within the space of a week

I'm not losing any gold, but it's getting mighty tedious having to pause, raise a stack, and deal with ~500 raider stacks every 3 seconds

Yeah, there should be a "defeated raiding party" stacking modifier of -10 opinion to all your vassals

What cheat/file edit/whatever can I use to annex a territory in DH (I'm using a mod if it matters, the Grand Campaign one)?
>Inb4 get good babby/cheater/etc.
I have a perfectly valid reason. This is my first time playing and I accepted a surrender offer from Senussi, but that offer had all provinces except the capital. I didn't know there was a separate annex request (rather than just demanding all of their individual provinces) and I don't have an older autosave anymore. Now that Senussi that only has its capital and I can't declare war on is bothering me.

I'M GONNA FUCKIN DO IT

What's this?

Hey has anyone watched this anime show called Girls und Panzer??? It's about Girls who fight in Panzers. The laddies on /a/ have a thread talking about this show. Just thought I'd put this out there.

I go protestant everytime for shits and giggles and fuckin with the emperor.

Does HPM ever get on anymore?

He was killed fighting for ISIS

I'm pushing my claim (weak) on the Duchy of /gsg/. Submit or I invade.

You can't press a weak claim until R&I dies

p-pls no bully i'll pay u big monies

pls respond

I already have my Spymaster working on that.

This is non-negotiable. Give me /gsg/ or your life.

A group of Hedge Shitposter have come to visit /gsg/. Janny has met with them and asks for your reply.

A. Welcome them with a lavish memefest
B. Welcome them reluctantly...
C. Refuse them Access!

B

can i just become ur qt sex slave?? im very nice pic relatted is me :))

>Keeping hearing about Krupp steel being the hottest shit since the sliced bread
>Just read that the steel of german ww2 tanks was fucking terrible even before the resource shortages

kike lies my friend, nothing could be harder than based Krupp preusens materialesens

dude imagine a katana made out of krupp steel

Can one save up research points to dump into a technology that won't be unlocked for a number of months?

tiger > sherman
there is no doubt about it

That would be based as fuck, imagine like a Krupp steel factory in with the finest German engineers and then inside it would be a traditional Japanese hut transfered piece by piece to Germany where an ancient swordmaking master would fold the steel over 10000 times to create the perfect blade

How come I have no option to justify the "Add to sphere" CB on Russia? The requirements are supposed to be
>(*) The target nation must not be a puppet.
>(*) The attacking nation must be a Great power.
>(*) The target nation must not be a Great Power.
>(*) The target nation must not be sphered by another Great Power.
Which as you can see are all fulfilled. I'm a great power, Russia is not, and they're not anyone else's sphereling or puppet.

I need them in my sphere so I can enact a decision that lets me annex all the Lithuanian cores.

The biggest problem with the sherman was that it was armed with the wrong ammo. The gun it used could take out a tiger with APCR ammo but the guy in charge of that decision went na fuck it they support infantry and didnt issue that ammo out. So in practice they couldnt kill the tiger. But thats what the hellcat and if the war went on long enough for us to mass them the pershing were for.

Prove me wrong.

You can save up a year's worth of RP

You can't sphere countries with populations over 11 million

>You can't sphere countries with populations over 11 million
Goddammit. Nobody told me that. Someone in the last thread even suggested I take this route. I thought the population was only relevant for diplomatically sphering.

I've been doing this damn baltic game for like a week, it's 1900 and I haven't expanded at all yet, and now my plan to grab all my rightful clay at once is collapsing. I guess I'll have to do another run.

*proves wrong*

>The gun it used could take out a tiger with APCR ammo but the guy in charge of that decision went na fuck it they support infantry and didnt issue that ammo out
That was not an actually bad idea. About 60% of the shoots fired by a WW2 tank was HE shells, and the most common german tank was the dozen variations of the PzIV rather than the very rare Tiger variations, plus the low quality of the german steel mean that even a HE shell could lead to a catastrophic breaking of the armor.

Most people who browse this general are absolutely fucking retarded.
You should try checking the game files first if there's something you're not sure about.
For example if you go to common->cb_types.txt you'll see that the add_to_sphere CB has the can_use condition:
NOT = { total_pops = 11000000 }

Ya im sure he made the best decision as I said if it came to tiger or worse they pulled out the hellcats or as the case may had been a rocket run on the damn thing the HE was probably the better choice. The guy probably knew more about how to fight a war then a bunch of assholes on the internet.

What do he mean by this?

>Scotland
>No Volga Germans

It's frustrating how incomplete and inaccurate the various V2 wikis are. And with HPM there is even less documentation online. I used to use the EU3 wiki all the time, and it never really steered me wrong.

I know that the data files tell all, but unfortunately they are very counter-intuitive and it's sometimes hard to know where to look. I generated pic related a few weeks ago by parsing all the txt files in HPM's countries folder, but it turned out to be wrong in a lot of instances! E.g., it says United Baltic Provinces accepts Russian and North German, but my accepted cultures in 1836 also included Latvian and Estonian when I actually loaded up a game. I guess the Baltic cultures are added by some kind of event that triggers at the beginning of the game, but I wouldn't've assumed that the accepted cultures defined in the txt files were wrong.

I liked Pre-Talex era /gsg/ more to be honest lads

>tfw too smart to be convert to protestant as brandenburg

>unironically browsing /g/
>unironically browsing anything but /pol/, Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums, /a/, and ocassionally /s4s/ and /r9k/

>unironically browsing /pol/ or /r9k/
No son, you're the loser