About to buy a challenger within a month

About to buy a challenger within a month.
Thinking T/A plus.(no problem with any r/t model,just want a vee ate)
Anybody own/know somebody with a challenger?
How is it with a 5.7? I'm sure it is still fun.
My commute does not involve a race track nor do I care about what cars can "beat" me.
This will be my dd,but probably the last car I order new.
My hobby is driving. No joke. When bored I will drive really far away. Maybe just to see something new.I'll stay in a hotel if that gets me farther.
I'm in my 30's,so I don't care about car math,but money is a factor so no " for an extra 20k you can..."
If you are gonna hate,be funny.
If you have advice,thank you.

6th gen camaro ss fag here

I'd personally go with a 6.4 but that's your decision.
It's better than the camaro and rustang in terms of daily drivability but if you're getting a stick be prepared for a leg press clutch Kek

Ride is nice
It's roomy
But it's FCA so be ready for the electric issues.

This user basically summed it all up.

I have an SRT 392 and have driven the R/T w/ the 5.7 L V8. Its still fast and sounds great so you'll definitely enjoy it. Much more comfortable to drive everyday than a camaro or mustang. Rides great, is comfy AF, stock sound system is pretty good, infotainment system is easy to use, and it drives great.

However, keep in mind it won't drive like a camaro or mustang as even my 392 with the upgraded brakes, tires, and suspension doesn't drive like a SS or GT.

Whether you go manual or auto, neither one are bad choices. The manual is the same used in the Viper and GT500 while the 8 speed ZF is used by about every high end auto manufacturer

Unlces already had to go back to the dealership for electrical issues. 9 months old.

>keep in mind it won't drive like a camaro or mustang
Huh? So is it sluggish or occasional scary?
I drive a semi for a living,I can deal with "I wish I hit the breaks .1 second earlier" but would rather enjoy life.
Was gonna get a Camaro,I have owned an '85 (primer,carb.,gutted was a video game car in terms of handling{only car I miss}) a '91 t-top(t-tops are underrated) and a '00(3.8, but kept that fella shiny as hell)
As my last car was a six,I want an 8cyl,when I first priced a camaro with an 8 it was expensive.
>It's better than the camaro and rustang in terms of daily drivability
Whats wrong with those two?
Thanks for the replies,almost forgot this was 4chin for a moment.
Also opinions on the various hoods...
They look better in person as they are on coming...

OP bump.
about to spend alot of money bump.

Nice trips.

It sounds like you know what you want already, mate. It's a V8 boat, does straight lines well and if you just want to drive out to the middle of nowhere it's the perfect thing for the job.

SS fag back
My SS is spartan 1ss. I got no options whatsoever. I dont "Daily" the car but I drive it a ton in traffic and everything else.
Starting up in the morning wakes the neighborhood (exhaust is stock). Its good but the neighbors dont like it. idgaf
>Its really tight inside
>You want to floor it every three seconds. Its so easy to get into trouble with it
>Not a lot of space
>Its extremely stiff
>Just being around other people makes them drive like assholes.
>the cops pay more attention to you because its bright blue
>for new drivers visibility is an issue. takes some getting used to. Once you're used to it, its just like driving any car.

Its an awesome car to daily but just don't expect it to be ultra practical. Challenger is more roomy and plush

>not buying a used srt8

Thank you.
I will continue to want to get what I want to get based on your information.
I can't wait to see what happens next month.
>It sounds like you know what you want already, mate. It's a V8 boat, does straight lines well and if you just want to drive out to the middle of nowhere it's the perfect thing for the job.
You are right...I'll be happy with whatever I get.
I am far from home now,just wanted to chat.
THANK Y/o/U all.
Random Veeky Forums dump for a bit?
Pic:I don't remember why he posted,but he looks content in this pic. Your turn.

Your welcome user

Pic related. My actual daily

oooo.
I used to not like pick ups....
then my buddy got one. (i was 15/16)
Buddy(he was old,like 18!) had 4cyl ranger 199x (want to say it had two plugs per cylinder)bad trans mount, he would stab the gas,jam the clutch as he got of the gas and the stick would bounce into 3(?)rd then he would... hell i didn't know how to drive stick, but the giant stick would end up in the next gear.
He worked next door.Him a muffler shop,me a jiffy lube.
His name was Frank.

Wish my truck was stick.

I drive a semi. Auto.
Not my call,but but auto is not bad.
Everything is a trade off.
Hell,there is an Olympian gold winner that doesn't like stick anymore. (thats a bruce jenner dick joke}

So, I'm looking at pony car options, and I can't find the Challenger v6 in manual on their website.

Do they really only offer the base-level car with automatic?

are you joking?

There really isnt much bad to say about these. I had driven a buddies 2012 srt and it was a nice boat that has great power and makes all the right noises.

I have a zl1 but am biased towards owning chevy and dodges.

There's nothing necessarily wrong with the 5.7. but if driving is your hobby. A 392 is hands down better in every way. A 5.7 is like buying a 383 or 360 back in the 70's. Yeah cool you got a V8, but it's nothing to brag about. You need 440, 426 territory for real bragging rights.

Also consider a Chevy SS. It's a sedan with a 6.2 liter LS3 and available in manual.

test drove one a couple weeks ago and it was boring as fuck

Get the hellcat or go home.

why is that a joke?

if he's considering an R/T over a scat pack, it's probably because he doesn't have $40k-$50k to spend on a car. An SS costs a lot

You post in truckerfag thread? Which one are you? I'm a trucker too, the anonymous Roehl shitposter. I'm also about to get a brand new challenger. I've been looking at them for a year and have it narrowed down to exactly what I want. I'll be getting a 17 model scat pack, manual trans with the dynamic group and the scat pack appearance group. I've looked at both Camaro and Mustang and they don't do it for me. I need some fucking room and trunk space, I love that the Challenger is a fucking barge.

Explain why.
Or just shit post.
What would/could you buy?

>17 model scat pack
What's that?
No I have not posted in trucker thread.
I definitely want ventilated seats. V8 but a/c blown at my butt.
On the road now,going home about early may, massive down payment.
Anything you definitely want or do not want?

I mean a 2017 model. I definitely want the wider rear wheels, the hellcat forged wheels and the better brakes. I don't want any extra shit other than that. They can keep the moonroof, sound system, ventilated seats, and all the convenience/comfort options. If I could get it without the touch screen or any modern bullshit I would desu.

If you can afford a Scat Pack Challenger. Do it. The SRT version has a better suspension and other little things but who cares.

Stock 5.7 is fun and comfy. You can always upgrade the engine if you run into money. 6.4 and 5.7 are both the same block so you aren't limiting yourself there.

I own a 2016 Hellcat.
If you're looking to not spend a ton of money I would either get a used SRT or a scat pak Challenger. STR8s are going to be even cheaper but lack some of the upgrades the newer SRTs have.

The scat pack model basically gives you all the normal bells and whistles before going into the performance line, the SRT, but you get the SRT 392 6.4L engine. If I was going to buy a brand new challenger, I would get the scat pack. For about 1k more you get a better engine than the T/A. But are you hell bent on buying new? You could potentially get a str8 or even an srt used for the same price as a brand new T/A. The STR8 is just an older version of the current SRT. This user here as the current SRT