/ng/ - Nioh General

Successful coop edition.

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Purple/Blue = Disassemble (Then use the blue mats to forge a purple if you have enough)
Yellow/White = Sell or you can give it to the kodamas for amrita and the odd free item.

>What does the summoning candle do?
It returns your guardian spirit to you when you die along with the amrita you collected.

>Should I use soul match?
Honestly, no, not unless you have basically finished the game and have a weapon with some really great stats. As you progress you will get a steady flow of new weapons and armour that is better than what you have. Don't waste your money on soul matching until later.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.
Smaller clans receive more rewards in battles.

List of smithing texts:
pastebin.com/iDcwJWuy

Graves and revenants info:
pastebin.com/9bYH0Nf8

Maxed guardian spirits:
imgur.com/a/q0bu4

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.us.playstation.com/2017/03/02/nioh-notes-team-ninja-details-lessons-learned-from-development/
youtube.com/watch?v=W5rfW7wosXg
youtube.com/watch?v=ULQlg8RgkkA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

am I the only one waiting for the last twilight mission I need to come around so I can finally 100% the game? Are the twilight missions on a fixed rotation or are they random?

Can somebody please tell me what equipment Benkei revenant is wearing?

A lot of people dealt with it. I was done on the 13th, and had to wait until the 17th for plat because the last twilight mission just wouldn't pop the fuck up.

What is even the point of 150+ accessories? You can't soul match them to increase their level.

>skipped some of them
>now waiting on them

Right can one of you guys help me? My current sword is 160 +10 but is only 1400 attack. What am I doing wrong? I've seen people with 2k attack without even plus 10. How is that even possible?

Is it all down to stats after +10?

My current highest stat is only 50 in heart.
I have 1 billion amrita saved but didnt want to dump them until I got a proper answer.

They have higher defense scores. You might as well ask what the point of equipment levels is.

So far I think I have had the most fun poisoning the shit out of everything via ninjutsu. Buffs/debuffs are all very strong but they just don't feel very satisfying. The Iga ninja set bonus refilling your tools is amazing too because you can actually use them on a regular basis instead of having to pace them out. I just wish +damage while poisoned was more common and bosses had a more resonable resistance to it.

I know that, but I just feel that it's weird that you can't make them +10.

get 99 heart/skill/strength and maybe 99 spirit if you have "change to attack (spirit)" on your sword

Stats

Equipment bonuses

Set bonus

Extra scaling on the weapon. You can effectively double heart scaling if you soul match Heart Scaling A- onto it.

Heres a pic of the sword im using currently, perks are different now because I've been trying to reforge for something better.

Even with carnage talisman im only hitting about 16k on nobunaga in the meeting on the other shore.

I imagine it's for the same reason you can't reforge accessory abilities. They come as they are and you just have to hope for something better.

how do you farm shiggy & honda?

i can kill them but i can't kill them comfortably fast enough so that i could actually farm them for the +X weapon drops

Eh, the defense difference at that level isn't too big. Do yakasani magatamas even come in +10 levels?

No accessory comes in anything higher than +5.

you get final blow damage and use the spirit diab-washi. shoot shiggy and then final blow then use guardian spirit talisman to knock them both down and repeat.

interesting article today

blog.us.playstation.com/2017/03/02/nioh-notes-team-ninja-details-lessons-learned-from-development/

bath talisman is killing me. I dont want to cheat by resetting the loot so doing it legit is a worse pain than I had imagined. I just want one without shit stats. :___:

any other builds that can clear like this or is living weapon/blade spin the only way?

youtube.com/watch?v=W5rfW7wosXg

>First comment is literally the top guy on my friends list.

what weapon types are you guys hoping for in the DLC? naginta for me
youtube.com/watch?v=ULQlg8RgkkA

>What I learned in game development is:
>Don't listen to community feedback
Shame, because I really admired TN for the community involvement and demo process. I can see how it caused them a load of grief though.
>people asked us to remove the ki pulse mechanic
This made me platinum mad.

>naginata
so you want a new spear reskin, right?

Naginata would be cool, but in practice it'd be negligably different to the way the spear already handles.

Yes I'm aware naginatas were functionally different in reality, but this is factoring in the translation from reality to video game mechanics.

It's gonna be the twin pistols from the Saika goons.

Nunchucks, fist weapons, Tonfas or sais

team ninja gibe nodachi pls

Ey everyone, check out weeblord over here.

Check out mister sasuke.

Lot at this narutofag here.

Hey weeblord, stop being such a weeb.

Geez

The weeblords.

can you replace inherit rolls with new ones? can't test it myself atm

>tfw i beat Neu by chipping damage one hit at a time or going all in when he pounces

How shit am i? or is he difficult

not by reforging but you can inherit a different stat if you can find it on a weapon that will let you inherit.

Can't you activate LW during axe spin. Thogutht here was a webm of it.

if you have suzaku it will automatically activate while you are spinning but I don't think you can do it yourself.

He's easy if you know how to deal with him.

You can beat him in no time if you learn his three exploitable moves: when he rears up to summon the four lightning strikes, when he breathes lightning, and when he pounces and falls over. In each of these his ribcage starts glowing; hit it to completely drain his stamina and get a few good hits in before backpedalling to avoid getting hit by the lightning that strikes as he recovers.

Knowing this makes him much, much easier to defeat when you do the final onmyo dojo mission.

suzaku activates if you get hit by something that would normally kill you

Well. I have max 160 gear. I have every title. I have beat ng+ and every twilight mission.

What do I do now?

Just finished 5th region, why were all the bosses in it so easy? All the humanoid bosses turned into dodge to the right and they miss every attack and the giant skeleton was just stupid. The first boss on the 2nd mission seemed pretty cool, but somehow he couldnt hit you if you dodhed to either of his sides. The 2nd boss I dont even remember anything except that I went in with 2 elixirs, he had a spear and I one shot him.

Find fulfillment in a productive activity.

Just learn to dispel the pools with ki pulses and learn his attacks which are easy to dodge, block and punish

okay. I really enjoyed this game. Good bye nioh general.

I meant co-op and make a new weapon

pls don't leave me

Reroll for perfect stats on everything

Alright I'm 3 missions away from completing NG+ and haven't really messed around with reforging gear. Is there a list of the most optimal effects for armor and weapons? Any specific inherited effects I should look out for?

see you when the dlc lands

So which is better CCD 20% or FDB A+? I have both in a inheritable slot on two different weapons.

>weapon of chice
>water / fire +2X
>change attack to (Stat) +A
>close combat damage +20% / familiarity A+
>close combat ki reduction 25%

The other 3 skills are wildcards depending on your play style.

>water/fire

Shit. I take it you can't change an element if it has a hexagon symbol next to it?

wow, genbu tank is awesome.

2kat bros ww@?

wew

What's the best spot to farm the weapon master titles? Sekigahara?

>22 fire

0/10 shit weapon throw it in the trash

what are you talking about?

anything over 21 on an elemental is extremely difficult to get

Post yours then, faggot.

we beyblade now

I know I'm just jealous ;_;

Any advice for a poison build? How much is it affected by ninjitsu power (damage/duration/whatever else)? Is there a guardian spirit that helps (Fuse-Ushi says 25% recurrent damage from poison but I honestly can't tell if that's a 25% boost or a 25% reduction to poison you take). Are the paralysis effects garbage? Is this build unfeasible?

press the options key, that's poison reduction on self

recurrent damage scales off of ninjutsu power

stack 99 dex with snakebite technique maxed

use beetle blister powder, fire shuriken and shadowround talismans

Anyone have something with Change to attack Magic A on it? I can't for the life of me forge it.

>that stamina usage
how my dude

From what I can tell poison damage is based more on enemy health than anything else. As for actually landing it the poison cloud bombs seem to be the most consistent. Not sure if Ninjutsu power helps at all or if it just boosts the direct damage from hitting something with a throwing weapon.

>got a 160 in 15 crafts
I can't imagine sitting there doing that hundreds of times

Anyone who doesnt powersave while trying to get 160 gear is pretty stupid

I kinda wanna try spin to win but i never used axes. What kinda equipment and build are you using?

I did NG Isle of Demons and just ran back and forth between the first two shrines.

>kusari has way better base moveset than 2kat
>way higher amount of moves
>pull mechanic
>same DPS move that is only marginally worse but has faster recovery
>self-buff
What is the point of 2kats again? Spamming Sign of the Cross with master swordsman set?
That sounds kinda stale.

You need to beat the 320 mission still to craft 160 weapons right?

better parry, more ki-efficient, Sign of the Cross.

most of Kusarigama's moves are shit

That's some impressive ki dude

Only mid stance kusari is kinda mediocre, the rest of its base moveset fucking destroys 2kats.

mid stance is for crowd control.

I more meant the various skills. pretty much all of them suck except the pulls.

attack ki reduction stacked with ki reduction while critical

and kato
kato is important to make it all work for skill damage and more ki reduction

I'm using full set bonus of obsidian and a piece of fanatics

I don't personally care for the spinning though. I usually use skill life drain on the axe instead of critical ki reduction and kara-jishi. It's like ~350 health back from a grapple and 230 from an unchanged lumber chop.

*uncharged

>close combat attack ki reduction 25%
I'm jelly.

What's up with defiled castle?

Is Okatsu the boss or Tadakatsu? Explored and found both, got killed by both as I was just feeling them out.

Can I kill one then the other or will it end if I kill either?

>5998 Life

SotC, Windstorm, GoW, those parries
also, damage boost for dodging + Water Sword for insane dps against immobile targets

>5998 HP
>with only 10 points in Body
>lvl 150
What in the fuck

Blade Spin alone makes kusari worth using.
That shit is impossible to punish and it fucking hurts.

: ^ )

Whoa. I got Tadakatsu Warrior of the East text on my first kill of him.

Sucks I use light armor.

>Dude lets duel yeah
>mind if i use my electric dog spirit hahaha

Fucking Samurai

>he says when you can use Ninjutsu, Onmyo, and Living Weapon

>implying i don't begin the duel by shooting him in the head from 50 meters away

has anyone manage to one shot onryoki from demon hunting? I did a paralysis build, 100k + to it, one shot, but that shit it so slow and basically only ever works on him cuz he's so slow. Other bosses also resisted paralysis, like frog and enma.

but have any other builds killed him in one move? Not counting axe spin2win.

is there any set that gets bonus damage from water status like the other elemental effect sets?

Okatsu is the endboss. Tadakatsu is the midboss, and you can beat him without doing a point of damage if you do the obvious.

no
probably because it lowers def so it boosts your damage slightly anyway

IZA

Been doing a ton of Yokai Realm coop for Demon King Revealed and it seems like most deaths come not from enemies but rather from falling off edges.

>doesn't pull then floor sweep for instant kill on humans
>He does not use the the jump slash
>does not use tangle
Yea nah you are just a faggot

Pretty sure 2k water sword can if all buffs and debuffs are applied.

same as the ocean roars, then

that's four out of how fucking many?

I spend most of my time in mid. The basic swings are a good balance between range/speed and those "stomp" moves or whatever hurt like a bitch. You can also slot Reaper to mid stance and bust that shit out in living weapon - fucked giant skeleton up something fierce.

Would the effect of the Yasakani Magatama stack if I had two of them for -2 set bonus requirement?

Read the fucking magatama description.