What fuel to you put in your cars Veeky Forums?

What fuel to you put in your cars Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

toptiergas.com/licensedbrands/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The octane it's tuned for (91 atm).

Regular because that's what it says in the manual

E85 or 93.

Diesel cause it's a TDI Jetta

Whatever the filler door tells me to, which is 85.

My jizz.

I've only ever used standard 91. What does it feel like to drive with premium fuel?

>Focus ST
>Use 87 as the manual indicates
>Get called out for this saying I'm ruining the turbo
>now only use 91
Did I fall for the octane meme?

>87 in US is 95 in Europe
>91 in US 98 in Europe

>live in new Zealand
>Fuel choices are 91, 95 and diesel
>Manual says I need to put 91 in my car
>my car is european

95 RON.

Manual says 93 RON minimum, but the local pumps run 91, 95, 98. Except for some places that only serve 91 and 98, so you have to cash out for 98. (Australia)

>idiots that say to me "why do you put premium in your ute?" cos they think 'premium' is for 'premium' cars; should be put to death

93 u fucking animal

Put the lowest octane petrol in that doesn't cause pinging.

Regular 87, but only from gas stations that carry Top Tier.

How do I know which gas stations have quality fuel?

I usually just pump wherever it's cheapest

91 because tarbo

i usually pour some out and give it a taste.

If you're in the US, look at the grades of fuel at the pump. If it says "Top Tier" on it somewhere, that means it has high quality detergents in it.

regular whatever i don't give shit in the shit box
premium ethanol free in the bikes
diesel in the van

Find a decent gas station that not run down. The local stations in my area that i know are top tier are Valero, Shell, BP, Exxon, and Chevron. I think 76 and Shamrock are also top tier.

Or, you could just look at this website for a list
toptiergas.com/licensedbrands/

Focus ST, 98 RON (yurop)

I think it may get slightly better mileage compared to 95 but other than that I haven't noticed much. Manual recommends 98 so that's what I'm going with.

87 as required

Most important thing is finding a gas station that's constantly busy. Don't worry about brand so much as long as it's one of the big reputable companies (shell, chevron, valero, etc)

Regular unless the gas station fucks up and gives you premium for the price of regular. Always shell unless I'm desperate.

98 in my z32tt
Every 90s jap turbo car is tuned from the factory on jap 98 octane so should be run on it.

89 because it runs a little harder on it than 87. Also most gas stations mix 87 and 93 to give you 89 so you get some of the detergents and other additives they put in the 93.

My shitbox says put in regular unleaded so that's what I do

Premium because high compression

91 in my TT. Can't go less or it'll 'splode.

87 because I'm a boring minivan driver.

Wherevee the diesel is cheapest

91 in the 323 and 95 or 98 in the Ninjette, usually 95.

>when 95 is $1.56 a litre

Ingesting petrol apparently isn't even that harmful

93 octane (US) for both my G35 and FD

Regular in my truck.
Premium in my car.

>2015 Challenger Hellcat
The owners manual says 91 minimum, but I won't use anything less than 93 for my joyride.

>05 Toyota Celica GT
Unleaded gas only, but I only fill up at Costco. Their gas is top tier.

87 AKI for the miata, because 87 minimum
91 AKI for the M3, because 91 minimum

some cars make more power on higher octane because they bump up ignition timing. ecoboost is direct injected, so it may not make a difference. If it only says 87 in the manual and nothing else, then you're really fine with 87.

I don't use premium shit

93, because I have to.

I have a stock '92 Accord and I go fill up at Philip's 66 91 octane non-ethanol.

Am I overdoing it?

>get called out by ignorant faggot
>now you ACTUALLY ruin your engine
haha

fucking idiots literally don't even know why a certain octane reading is needed

YOU. ARE. FAGGOTS.

LPG and 95

Diesel, the diesel kind.

87 because they all have about as much compression as my socks.

Read the manual nigger. If it says put 91 in you put 91 in. If it says 87 you use 87

Best advice right here.

It was a hand me down, manual was probably thrown away over 10 years ago.

Are non-ethanol fuel truly better?

Mine says 86 or higher, so 91's fine, right?

91. It's the highest near me

79 and hooker spit

Homemade biodiesel

Sunoco 87; Techron every 5000

Ethanol free because it's the only thing that'll stop the crickets from chirping in my Toyobaru

>look closely

Hachiroku

Sorry, I don't speak Canadian.

87 octane and always at my local GetGo because fuel perks are the shit

Lol idek I'm in Oregon so I don't even pump it. I just tell the guy to fill it with regular.

ethanol free 91 octane

god bless quiktrip

you'll get slightly better gas mileage with it so get it if the price difference isn't too much

Esso 91 octane in all my stuff, carbureted and EFI. Esso and Shell here in Canada are the only ones that dont use Ethanol still and its only in their 91 octane

Diesel, 300SD

shell v power or esso 97

87 on muh shitbox.

>wife borrows car
"i filled it up user"
"you put in premium right?"
"no mid grade"
>9.25:1 compression with 20psi boost
Thank god she drives like an old lady.

93 techron bitch

diesel in my tdi, not sure what the speciics are but only buy from shell, sunoco and wawa, since thats whats local, and most cheap.

toyota makes diesel trucks?

Welcome to earth

European here, we have just fuel, gasoline and other shitty premium version of the same gas.

guess ive been living under a rock, honestly never seen one before. then again unless they sound drastically different from their gasoline counterparts or have some type of diesel badge i wouldnt be able to tell

For the inevitable Eurotards who don't know the difference between AKI and RON, 94 here is equal to 101 for you.

Only fuel from a station with less than 10 year old tanks

In Europe you'll struggle to find one that isn't

Toyota 2L engine is legendarily reliable

>we
no u

Currently tuned for 99 RON so I usually put in Momentum99 at Tesco filling stations.

gastown guzzoline

You're an idiot then. Read your manual.

nigger its a turbo car fuck what the manuel says

drop 93 or nothing

do you love your baby or not

if he lives on the west coast then he might not be able to get 93 easily

wow retard the selling point of skyactiv is high compression with low octane

I get whatever US-87 is cheapest - occasionally I splurge and go to the station with ethanol-free 87. Top Tier is a gimmick and even the most ghetto stations add detergent blends. Using higher octane than necessary could potentially make your engine lose power.

Europe uses RON. So does Australia Jr.

I use 87 because it's what the Jeep wants. But this reminds me of a station by my house that almost went under when gas went over four bucks. They were the only station in the country with a forth option of 67 octane. My dad bought that gas when I was a kid so he could buy me shit, and it fucked up his brand new truck. Lucky that warranty covered it back then because the world wasn't fucked yet.

>listening to people instead of the fucking instruction book the car came with.

On the plus, you're just wasting your money, and probably not damaging the car.

On a similar note, my 1999 crv makes just under 150 hp on 91 octane, vs ~143 on regular 87. We tested this a while back after I read the car needed a knock sensor to run regular. The manual says to feed it 87.

Just food for thought.