/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Bunched up against the guy with the Left Eye:

>Ringed City DLC stuff
Announcement trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79
Gameplay footage: youtube.com/watch?v=j8Ke647-xsU
Redacted "Capital Knight" armor set screenshots: imgur.com/wIM6rIJ
Vaati's notes, trimmed (MAJOR SPOILERS, read with a grain of salt): pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN
Leaked first boss fight (SPOILER): my.mixtape.moe/ldkpad.webm

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

This thread is now blessed by Gravelord Nito and the Pardoners of Velka.

>The stickler here is that Yuria's dialogue implies that Elfriede willingly abandoned her principles as a sister of the Sable Church, out of kindness towards something else.
That kind of ties into the Corvians and the painted world actually.

>Friede fails to usrup the fire and burns away in a firelinking event
>Resurrects as an Ashen One
>Feels like a fucking failure, a forlorn soul if you will
>Drawn into the painted world, meets with the corvians, decides to abandon the Sable Church to protect them.
>The story of Ashes of Ariandal occurs.

>TFW the way of white circlet actually represents the white sun of usurpation

>TFW the sword of avowal, a relic from the ringed city, is a ceremonial blade portraying the way of white circlet

>TFW way of white was the official religion of the city of the dark pygmys

>TFW dark wraiths and way of white are linked

>TFW it's all about to be explained

from the /v/ drawthreads
my favourite boss

>tfw you die to Wolnir

>TFW dark wraiths and way of white are linked

>tfw when the darkwraiths and path of dragon covenants used to be one and the same.

Hit me up with some lore on this guy. Is he Yhorm's father? The ruler of the Profane Capitol?

Does it bother anyone else that you can't skip him? On my first playthrough, looking at the goblet I said to myself "This is definitely a trap" and decided to just walk past, only to find the door is locked and there's no other way round.

>dying to any of the gimmick bosses in DaS3

neck yourself my man

Based drawfags, where would these boards be without them?

There's no lore whatsoever on Wolnir outside of being the conqueror of Carthus, unless you want to take his line as the one who destroyed all the crowns of lords and made them one as the one who conquered Drangleic at some point after the events of II.

way of white, dragon covenant, way of white, and dark moon (through velka) all used to be linked into the same church

The first time dying to most bosses is understandable.

Dying beyond the first time against Wolnir would be pretty retarded. Especially in another NG cycle where he only aggros after you pick up the tome; you can literally walk up to one of his arms from the outside and get a free bracelet kill before the fight even starts.

It's always due to getting greedy and having him lunge forward when I expected the final bracelet to shatter.

Excellent design.
Terrible boss battle.

dark wraith*

fuck

If she was drawn into the painting then she didn't exactly have much choice but to abandon the church. Things don't normally get to leave the painting after coming there. Player character and Sulyvahn are exceptions because you're both OC mary sues.

Rather, she probably self-imposed exile and fled the church upon becoming unkindled because it made her very existence a contradiction to the values of the religion she founded. Being someone who finds a sense of fulfillment in leading and protecting the weak and no longer having anyone to protect meant she had no purpose in life, and so found herself in the painting.

tfw you get the sword of avowal as a useable weapon in the DLC2

>Things don't normally get to leave the painting after coming there.
Ah, but is that an inability to do so, or simply the fact that those normally drawn into it simply don't HAVE a reason to leave?
Back in DS1 leaving it was as simple as jumping off a cliff.

>TFW it's all about to be explained
>Memezaki ever giving a satisfactory explanation in a Dark Souls game

>generic quality SS with broadsword moveset

Damn user that's some shit taste
Cool design though, it's kinda funny how they had hype trailer shots of Wolnir and Yhorm despite being complete trash.

>painstakingly follow an appearance guide from here
>match up an interesting tattoo and hair with it
>then feel I have to restrict myself to open-face headgear

I know them feels.

>Back in DS1 leaving it was as simple as jumping off a cliff.
Only if Priscy gave you permission

Did you have to specifically talk to her before jumping off transported you back? Because you could also come back if she was dead.

Who knows.

>Being someone who finds a sense of fulfillment in leading and protecting the weak and no longer having anyone to protect meant she had no purpose in life
Oh yeah, shes doing a lot of that in the painted world isn't she?

If you aggrod her the drop became death until she was dead.

Unkindled can use bonfires to warp. Friede herself tells you this about the bonfire in the chapel when she asks you to leave.

If anything, DaS1 is the aberration, but that's also partly due to bonfire warping not being a universal mechanic at the time. You also couldn't warp out of Seath's prison, presumably because it's been set as a trap.

She's protecting them from fire.

>game about the futility and foolishness of refusing to let go
>hurr why is everything going bad

BIG TRC LEAKS INCOMING. BRACE YOURSELF>>>

[aldia]

>aldia
Your not fooling anyone.

Always nice when invasions take a different direction like that.

I thought Priscilla was as much of a steward of the painted world as she is a prisoner. She doesn't want to leave herself, and clearly knows how to leave.

She probably acts as judge of who can and can't stay in the world as well as preventing the prisoners chucked there from leaving, which might explain why you find Xanthous King, Jeremiah's corpse propped up on the bench after you kill his dark spirit. He probably tried to make a break for it and the jump to leave didn't work for him.

I guess the painting guardians outside are there to gank her if she were to change her mind.

terrible attempt. -2/10

What's the difference between the Heide Lance and Heide Greatlance? Just different numbers?

I neeed new info, when will we be able CE the new items? I cant wait any longer to use new shit

>always managing to kill the 3 doggos and chunk down Gravetender just fine
>get my ass handed to me numerous times when I try to focus down the Gravetender while he runs like a pussy and the Greatwolf reams me

Any specific tips? I've tried using those pillars as cover to split them up, but it doesn't work very well since I always spend too much time trying to find the Gravetender while the Greatwolf is distracted, and he keeps dodging my attacks for me to do enough damage to him. I've always managed to get him down to one or two more swings before the two of them double-ream me.

>bloodborne introduced the two phase
>dark souls 3 brought in the 3 phase
>the ringed city is bring in 3 phase with variations depending on how you finished the second phase

fuck memeyizaki

>>game about the futility and foolishness of refusing to let go
I know you're right, but condemning hanging on to the past is silly when the only alternative is oblivion.

Greatlance leans more towards lightning damage and is stronger on a faith-focused build. Lance is more of a hybrid weapon and weaker for buffs but much more stamina-efficient

>tfw bored waiting in line for switch
Do you think From will actually port a souls game to this thing?

everything ends user, even you. you can only hang on for so long

It should be noted that BB's two-phase fight still had one health bar, and the fight went into phase two when half of it was gone. That's nothing new; there's more pomp and circumstance for Ludwig, but it's really just another boss getting mean at low health.
It's only Ds3 that pulls that goes full retard and pulls out a second (or third) health bar out of it's ass. Because lying to the player about how much of the fight is left in a game all about resource management is just great.

You're pretty much correct, as far as DkS3 characterizes her. Her mythos and legacy is of a mother figure who accepts the forlorn and a guardian and keeper of the peace who murders people who stir shit. It's what Elfreide emulates, and what her items make direct reference to, as well as those of the Corvians.

Well with a few optimizations it could probably handle King's Field.

Which bosses do 3 phase?

And I'll hang on for as long as I can, like any sane man would.

So just different numbers. Lame.

Friede and Ariandel
Batwing Demon / Demon Prince

Sister Freide.

How does phase 3 differ if you kill Demon from Below?

DaS1 and 2 both had two-phase bosses
DaS3 has 3-phase bosses in its main game.

>It's only Ds3 that pulls that goes full retard and pulls out a second (or third) health bar

>Lothric Princes
>Nameless King I guess, but it's super obvious you'll have to kill his giant bird and then him
>...
I literally can't think of any other boss that pulls out a second healthbar, and who pulls out a third? Haven't played Ariandel yet.

Okay, so that's one more boss (not counting the DLC boss that isn't even out yet because that's dumb), for a total of 2.5 bosses with multiple healthbars.

Also lets not forget that multiple healthbar bosses have been in since DeS, and DaS had the first two-phase fight. Why are you all bitching only now?

The Demon Prince's gimmick changes depending on which demon survives phase 2.
If the DfB becomes the prince, he constantly summons floating chaos that orbits him and fires at you. If the CB becomes the prince, he has the laser from the trailer instead

every boss in ringed city has 3 phases

in fact, the final boss has 6 phases, because of its nature of fighting 2 bosses simultaneously.

>DaS3 has 3-phase bosses in its main game.

NK has 3 phases.

From has stated they've tested Dark Souls' performance to a level they thought was acceptable
Like PS3 Blighttown with two phantoms summoned was apparently

What is his 3rd phase? The lightning based attacks that start appearing in his moves?

Nigga can you count

Are u on pc?

>DaS had the first two-phase fight

demon's souls had two multi-phase fights, maneater and flamelurker. technically flamelurker has like, 4 phases.

Yes.
He's starts using them about 60% of the way into his healthbar and always 'begins' his final phase with the big thunder slam.

Yhorm also has 3 phases, by the way. You just never notice unless you bother fighting him without stomruler.

>Yhorm also has 3 phases

I killed yhorm legit and never saw a 3rd phase.

It's a pretty small change. He gains two new combo extensions that he only uses if you stay in front of him instead of going between his legs.

The 3 hit combo can loop the last two hits continuously as long as you keep rolling backwards. I mean that in the literal sense, I've gotten him up to 11 reps.

Hey guys, I recently realized that I havent seen many peoples summon signs much at all anymore. I finally died to my first boss, the Pontiff, and kept dying so I looked around and waited for a sign but couldnt find any.
Killed the pontiff finally after I got the timing right, but the summon signs, am I too high level for the area to summon anyone? I just leveled to 17 after I killed the pontiff.

Welp, the attempt after that post was the one. Apparently the trick is to keep circling the pillars and just look for an opportunity where the Gravetender is caught switching weapons or trying to cast through the pillars.

As it turns out, the Greatwolf was no challenge at all, literally almost all of its attacks could be blocked with a medium shield, if not easily rolled out of the way because of obvious telegraphs. The second phase didn't even last that long because I managed to stagger it shortly after and riposte it down to requiring just one more attack.

Now I'm starting to see why everybody says this DLC sucks, the boss fight was trivialized by just spacing the mobs in the first phase, and then slowly whittling down the Gravetender in the second phase until it's just the Greatwolf left.

>SL17 in Irithyll
Most people are at least SL45-50 by the time they get to Pontiff.

yea and you can get the dark soul by consuming 999,999,999 humanities, killing the lv.1000 True Chosen Undead invader in the abyss in dark souls 1 as a sl1, import the save to dark souls 3, fast travel to the abyss, kill the furtive pygmy without dying or drinking estus
fucking dumb PCuck, kill yourself

>Give the Shrine Handmaid the shit-covered remnants of some obliterated hollow
>Gracious. Passing fine ash thou givest.

Undead love poo because they can't go poop anymore

2bats is more of a 2.5 fight rather than a full on 3 like Friede

What the actual fuck user
What did he say that had anything at all to do with cheating?

>phase = healthbar
You're an idiot.

I consider the health bar to be the Phase, yes.

A change of moveset means little.

>A change of moveset means little.
It means a change in phase.

when did i say anything about cheating?

Ah right thanks I never played DeS, just seen a lot of it, cultural osmosis and all that.

Still begs the question of why people are acting like this is a new and/or bad thing. I personally love all the multiple phase fights in core DaS3.

He's saying you're lying through your teeth with an incredibly specific detail that people won't be able to replicate.

Honestly I don't think that's a third phase at all, it's probably a combo that's there in his second phase but again, is so hard to replicate people don't see it.

I don't suppose anyone on PC would be willing to drop me the sunless armor set? I wanted to do a Sirris cosplay run and it always feels sacrilegious to kill the character I'm cosplaying for their gear. An estoc and the sunless talisman would be nice, but unnecessary.

Let me check if I have it on any of my previous characters

I could scum it for you. Where do you want to meet?

Ok, thank you kindly.

What is skumming?

So Im under leveled? I thought you just level up after every boss fight.

If they don't poop then does that mean they all do it in the butt now? Gross.

Backup my save file, give you the stuff, and restore my save so I don't lose it.

Where do you want the sign, and what pass?

Wew

The last thread was the biggest shitshow I've seen in a while
Is it always that autistic when it comes to lore?

Highwall and password is dsg. Feel free to kill me after for tongues and souls.

Well since that user also was kind to offer my copies won't be needed I think. Good luck user.

so according to PCucks
>Dark Souls 1 is not open world designed
>bosses have apparently 10 more phases than they actually have
>Oceiros is Seathe
>Pontiff Dogs are literally unkillable
>and various other asspulling stupid lore shit

Don't need that shit, going to be scumming afterward anyways.

Sign is down. Don't have Estoc though since I have to pick up Greirat's Ashes at Archives still.

What the fuck are they talking about?

t. PCuck

Some ps4babby from /v/ who keeps trying to start console wars. Expect some nonsensical follow-up post consisting of some combination of "pcuck," "pcancer," and "ps4thealphas" shortly afterward.

Thank you kindly sir/madam!

Thanks. I could use an estoc if you don't mind dropping one, but I can live without it for a bit. Same password/bonfire. If I see nothing after 10 minutes I just wait for my own later on.

Yes, always.
Lorefags thrive on making things up in their head and then stubbornly whining and restating their side of a disagreement until the discussion dies down.

They aren't actually interested in advancing an argument in favour of their position. They just want to tell you the story they made up. Their lore "interpretation" is basically just fanfiction they lack the self-esteem to post in the appropriate place and dump here under the guise of an argument instead. They're just terribly afraid that nobody will pay attention to their ideas unless they make it into a faux-debate or shitpost with it.

>strawman
how about you actually discuss the topic kid instead of shitposting?

The sign is down

Blessings of the moon upon you stranger

>tfw someone saved my dumb asspost