I love the aesthetic of the Integra Type R and think it would be a pretty neat first manual for me

I love the aesthetic of the Integra Type R and think it would be a pretty neat first manual for me.

About how rare and how expensive are Type Rs? The generic Integras I see on the road are all beat to shit so I'd rather not get one of those

A lot of Type Rs in the same generation at your pic are also going to be beat to shit. They get driven hard and riced to hell.

Consequently, a nice one is probably going to be pretty hard to find. You'd probably have an easier time finding a clean base/lesser model Integra.

In America a ITR will cost 12-18k for a clean one.

And it will probably get stolen in a month

I get how you feel i just bought a 92 manual (not knowing stick at all) and the car itself makes the whole learning experience comfy

You'd probably be better off getting a GSR.

Very hard to find; usually closer to $20k.

nya?

Don't. It a WILL be stolen. Right out of your garage or followed and carjacked.

Get a RSX-S.

This. Rsx is a dc5 integra and while not as renowned as the dc2 it is a more comfortable and refined experience. Plus you get a 6th gear and a chain driven k20z1

If you really want one, idk if they pass the 25 year law that the us has but get a jdm one. They look better and have more power.
>mfw you can get a clean JDM itr for 8k in nz

Dc2 type r owner here

Its fucking lit senpai

assuming you're in the States, it'll set you back anywhere from $12-20k. Most are garaged, well maintained, but a lot of owners are hesitant to sell. Stay away from PY, or face the curse; if that hasn't deterred you, there's a PY in Irwindale with about 80k miles, owners been trying to sell for years. I think he was asking $12k last I checked.

don't get one though, get a GSR and save yourself the headache of insurance, theft, and save about $8k.

Buy the RSX-type S or prelude SH for literally 10x less money. Or buy that car and get it stolen. Or buy it, mod it, and completely ruin it. The style type R in your pic (REAL ones) go for over $20k.

Why are these such big targets for theft? Because they're rare and have performance parts in them?

Fairly limited production car for the US in particular and a lot of the parts in it bolt right up to other Hondas like the fifth gen Civic. Parting out one is big money real fast.

>rare
Yes
>performance parts
No.
They are rare and the stock parts/car itself are valuable. They ship them out of country and make a ton of money on them.

You could import a JDM ITR into Canada for ~$6K CAD a few years ago. Now they're getting expensive.

Hondas of that time period are also ridiculously easy to steal.

Why? Are they particularly easy to steal?

Iirc you can literally use a crx key from another crx to start a crx, and so forth with 90s hondas.

They are relatively easy to steal, and desirable.

What's the difference between integra & prelude, they're both fwd coupes, what's the point in having 2 different models that are essentially the same market segment?

GS-R ot VTi-R depending where you live, 180hp, 100kgs heavier. New coils, tyres, whack a Type R wing on there and it's good enough.

preludes have shit engines and blow up

Preludes are much bigger and heavier. Prelude is more comparable to an accord.

Integra is on a Civic based chassis, Prelude is on an Accord based chassis.