/lozg/- Legend of Zelda General

10/10 it's okay edition

ATTENTION: SPOILERS ARE EVERYWHERE. You have been warned.

This is a general about all Zelda games, mainline and spin-offs like Hyrule Warriors, and all discussions related to the LoZ series.
All Breath of the Wild discussions are welcome.

>Link CompilationThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinSheikah LoreThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video PlaylistNews/DevelopmentsZelda comics and MangaArt Collection
flickr.com/photos/historyofhyrule/

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/
Otherwise, ask for recommendations in this thread.

>List of Zelda games currently available on this gen's consoles
nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#/filter/-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|zelda
3DS has the N64 Zelda remakes plus NES, SNES, GBC Virtual Console.
Wii U has the GC Zelda HD ports plus NES, SNES, N64, GBA, Wii and DS Virtual Console.

Previous Thread:

>its better than the ss

1 hour to go (EST)!

I WANT TO FUCK FI

For people who really want to know where shrines are, here is the 90 I have completed

What does this ability do? I got it from a blue Lynel who was fucking my tight hylian boipucci

WHY IS THERE NO FISHING

part2

Shoots 5 arrows in a burts, uses 1 ammunition

Are you joking?

I mean, is this question a joke?

THERE IS BOMB FISHING user GET TO THE TIMES

What gear do you guys have on? Post em.

What do you mean, is there no fishing rod?

diff user but I don't see why they couldn't have made a sectioned off fishing area where they give you a rod and disable the rest of your gear

why did I have to do this first

this is worst let me stay you fucks

Also I wish I knew beforehand that food buffs don't stack, I went in with both attack up and defense +3 only to have one cancel the other

Anyone have tips for the deserted island trial? Specially regarding Hinox.
(the one where all your items are taken out)

Are you using no head armor or is that actually something? I wish there was a turn off helmet option.

bonk him

The hell do i do at Horon Lagoon? I blew up all the rocks and all it did was light up some platform

Throw bombs at him until he dies

Just beat it.

That final boss... that theme before the end credits. Fuck me, incredible game.

I get the feeling that missing out on two memories denied me a scene at the end, can anyone confirm?

It's the head gear from the Rito armor shop. I think I bought it for 1k and is cold resistant

You have to glide over and land on the rock, WHILE using the glider. You can't drop off the glider. You need to take the big wind gust all the way to the platform without dropping the glider.
Best way is to climb on the big rock in the center, jump and glide all the way

Do you get to fight the blights again?

>cant drop off the glider

Why does it have to be so picky? Should just be enough to land on it from the wind

nah, cus i killed them in the divine beasts. if you kill them there that's it, they're done.

Best trick to farm cash? I cook shit and sell the 100 rup ones

go to death mountain and farm ore for days. you can make thousands easily.

>open chest
>YOUR INVENTORY IS FULL
>no "drop an item?" prompt

Aren't we supposed to save them?

>start the game
>cook some apples
>fight first enemies
>explore a bit
>end up at a place called ja baij shrine
>get blown to pieces by some robot
WEW

Two questions;

Anyway to tell either if you've got all of the seeds and shrines in an area or how many you have left?

What do I do with the seeds?

Yeah, that seems to be a problem with weapon hoarders. I'd just use stuff until it breaks. Every time you do, your bound to find another weapon a little later.

Give them to this guy

Oh god, why

Is he in the first area? Must have missed him

for what? a shitty circlet and shitty circlet upgrades? sell that shit

all of the babies in this game are super cute. the rito and gerudo were my favs.

Why does the game reuse it's own assets so much? I mean, jesus christ. I was unbelievable hyped up until today, but then it hit me that there's probably nothing to really discover in this game.

So are we able to repair weapons?

>Wizrobes have teeth beneath their cloaks

jesus christ how horrifying

only certain, special ones

I've been experiencing very noticeable FPS drops, and they somewhat seemed to go away after I changed the resolution from 1080p to 1080i, and screen size to minimum (maybe the latter had nothing to do with it).
Does this work for anyone else?

Only fps drops for me are in the towns

Is BotW Link the weakest one in the entire series?

>takes 3+ hearts of damage from basically 80% of the game
>able to be hit for 9 hearts of damage

I had them in most fights, and some areas with a lot of grass and/or rain. Kakariko was completely unenjoyable for me because of the stupidly low framerate.

I don't understand these perfect scores. The game runs like dog dick. The content is amazing but you literally cannot ignore the framerate. Saying "it didn't bother me" doesn't mean the problem didn't exist.

no the world just went to shit

how the FUCK do i not burn to death in death mountain

an NPC in foothill stable sells fire resistance elixirs, once you reach the Goron City you can buy a fire resistant armor

If you go into Goron city there should be a lone Goron rolling around the 3rd floor. Bomb him and listen to his bitching and he'll give you a free Goron tunic. Or you can get more hearts. 1 heart = 8 seconds. Having like 8 hearts gives you enough time to beat fire temple

0 DAYS

We made it, all (who haven't played it yet). It's been a pleasure. It's time to become an ordinary user again

Until next time

How the fuck do i get to goron city without burning myself to death?

read

So Is it possible to play the US version of the game yet?

No. Just the enemies finally stopped being retarded by attacking you all at once and got stronger than their past counterparts.

How hard is it to check utik yourself

>do thunder trial with my newly acquired thunder helmet which makes me immune

>reward is a thunder resistant shirt

FUCK

>OoT link can get cut in half by an Ironknuckle/Ganon and take 8 hearts of damage maximum, in the master quest, and can swim indefinitly
>BotW Link gets shot by a fire arrow and gets instagibbed, and also can't swim or run for long

wheres the dlc

Now that it's March 3rd will the wii u also get the expansion pass and bonus items?

Very, as I have no idea what utik is.
I'll check it out but, is that a "yes"

Does anyone know how to get the ball back on top of the mountain on eventide island, I accidentally threw it off.

Run out after it with Cryosis

Why are you trying to pirate wii u games without utik

5 and you name it

I already got it back to land, but there is no path to the top of the mountain, I have almost broken all my weapons trying stasis.

can you transfer your EUR savefile to the NTSC version?

Saviine

no need to do anything extra? just extract the PAL save file and then inject it on the NTSC one?

Because I'm as new as it gets to WiiU Homebrew in general.

Wilson. Though personally I'd prefer going for one of those giant black horses with the red manes that look similar to ganondorf's horse.

>Lynel hits for 6 hearts WITH defense up

Are these buffs even doing anything at all?

How gay is the game

>20 minutes past midnight and its still unavailable on amazon

It's pretty up there. Not that I really mind...

Don't forget him taking all the shit he could in MM.

This is why he's the Hero of Time.

How good is BOTW as a ZELDA game? How are the puzzles, dungeons and bosses?

Welp that was fast. Here's Wilson.

Where are those horses, user?

there is a sidequest in faron.
you get it in mounted archery camp

Is there honestly any point in going from EUR to NTSC? Literally the same game.

I'll be joining you soon, bros!

puzzles: the shrine puzzles are mostly physics based but are fun as fuck

there are no real dungeons... like at all. the divine beasts are the substitutes but they're really just large intricate shrines. i thought they were awesome, myself, but I beat one of the four of them in 5 minutes... they're not big.

the bosses are few and far between but what's here are the best bosses in zelda history. calamity ganon needed to be good seeing as there's all this build-up and he's fucking incredible.

Really? Ifyoure getting the digital version its been out for days why bother

I want to try the mexican dub, the PAL version has the spaniard one

I didn't feel like doing the exploit for a game I already decided I'd buy.

Also, Amazon isn't shipping my copy of the Wii version until tomorrow, so I canceled it and settled for the digital as I'm gonna be getting the phyisical on Switch eventually.

I'm a gud goy.

I don't know why everyone I see is shitting on the OST, it sounds amazing so far

Anyone know when the Monster Shop restocks with new items? I heard you can get the Dark Link stuff from there, and presumably the other amiibo outfits.

It saddens me that we don't see the traditional "Beast" Ganon or Ganondorf in any form, but i suppose we might get lucky and see that next game I guess.

I'm getting the physical switch version today too, which is literally why piracy was okay

Wheres the hylian shield? I went through hyrule castle and got a bunch of 50 damage weapons but i never saw the shield

can anyone help me out with saving the goron who got caved in? how you get the rocks out of the way

It's in the castle, inside the dungeon

Havent done that yet, but have you tried bombs/magnets/statis?

Underground mines.

Now how the fuck do I get the dragon scales for the springs?

Is there ordinary bombs like in past games or is it just the remote bomb?

I can't activate the last terminal in the Zora elephant dungeon.
It's in one of the two big spinning wheels, the smaller one. But there's nothing to paralyze, freeze, grab with magnet, etc. And of course I can't activate it while it's spinning, because it gets submerged.

shoot the dragons with arrows.

check the map, you can move the trunk