Shitposting general

Bump

bumping 4 intrst

Tree

>the perils of IFS

>3.98 MB
you cheeky bastard

Nice fields. Where this?

Looks like fun my guy. Are you the white YJ out in LA?

Idk why but that little ramp make me laugh a bit

aww the unnerved ranger looking at the ramp

>eyeballing suburban
>wanting to build up a decent long-haul offroad
>live in VA Beach
>No offroad anywhere within 3 hours.

Feels bad, man.

Welp, good thing you're doing a long-haul build. Maybe do an auxilary fuel tank and some water cans and turn it into an overlander/camper

Yes, I am white YJ guy from LA, Commiefornia

Hella, dude.

Well hey, when Yellow YJ and I meet up again we'll let you know. Next one might be in Ramona, CA if you're willing to drive that far.

Otherwise, we'll have plenty more around SoCal in the future!

This is in Hungry Valley, off the I-5. Exit Gorman

I'd love to meet up with you guys, but Romona is too for from me. My work schedule is hectic

I do appreciate the invite. If you guys ever are nearby I'm down

Thread meme incoming. Blue XJ user drunk and chilling with shop cat again.

Give that animal a wrench and put it to work.

Trust me, he's a hard worker. Always doing his part to fuck around my ankles while I'm working, knocking shit off the bench, and clawing the back of my legs when I won't pet him.

Bump. Where is everybody? I've got all but the left front fender bed lined.

Damn gorman is a lot greener than when I was racing there last August.

Rally Cars allowed in ORG?

of course
keep [B]osting

>reversing up to an obstacle and take pic to make ppl think u actually traversed it

Yeh we'll probably do something at like Cleghorn or something closer at some point, so I'll keep you posted!

Qt shop cat

Maybe with more rain this year the shrubs will actually hold the dirt together and its not a giant sand pit.

what's wrong with sandrunning tho

you guys ever seen that DIrt Every Day show? just showed up on Netflix but I think he's got a youtube channel or something. one of the most hilariously half-assed shows I've watched but it sure does make me want a Wrangler. Moab is only a day away.

Looking at a 1999 4runner with 240k and an eLocker. I think it's a highlander trim but am unsure. Has the paperwork for the timing belt and water pump that was recently done.

What sort of price should I be looking it? It's listed for 5k

Whatever you want to pay for it. As a 4x4, it's worth about $2500. Memelord Toyota tax makes it "worth" $3500-4500.

> Memelord Toyota tax

Veeky Forums Isn't my home board. Give me a quick run down on the memelord status

I love dirt everyday, Fred is awesome and doesn't really care about anything. Great host.

That is about the same price as where I live in the South East. But my specific city and area has a huge markup on Toyota trucks and 4Runners for some reason. You can drive an hour in any direction and save 25%. I would try and get is closer to 4k.

Better get a Suburban with a Ford front end and a 20mpg 350 small block for $1500

I honestly cannot figure that dude out. he's got a shop that I would call modest at best but somehow he can throw all that money at that LSA swapped army truck on 37s, that Tubesock Jeep with front and rear Curries, armor, multiple sets of wheels and tires. and those 54s he put on that Ford retail for almost $1000 a piece. I wonder if some producers started throwing money at his show or he's really just a modest dude.

Motortrend are sponsored by maxxis or tyre rack or something, so they probably get free or discounted tyres. In one of the DED extras one of his friends talks about his shop a little, so I think he does pretty well overall.

>dirt every day
>only posts once every 2 weeks

Just fitted the cheese cutter BF km2s recently, one trip in and very happy with they way they performed.

Suburbanfag here.

Are we doing another LA /org/ meet?

But you can clearly see the bend in the path past the tree vs. behind the tree

Taxes make you pay a certain percentage more for something.

All older toyotas cost more as a result

nice

235/85R16?
Aiming for this size for the Montero for the next set of tyres. Or if a wild card set of 255/85R16 happens to turn up...
I really like the way skinny tyres work in the bush.

Nah 245/75/16, so about an inch smaller.

I was very very close to 255/85s, the extra $80 per corner was enough to put me off, also lacking a turbo i was worried about losing what little available line power i have

But yeh skinny mud tyres rules

Are you Yellow Suburban Guy?

We have one in San Diego on the 23rd, but we might do a Cleghorn run at some point in the near future

what

no they don't. unless they're 37s or someth

Not that poster but unless you're running in deep bottomless mud all the time or slick rocks, skinny tires are objectively better.

Unless you need the width to compensate for something...

What

Yes they do. unless you don't know what you're talkin bout

Presuming it's a 5L (3 litre) diesel? You made the right choice not overcapitalising on the 33" 255s without gearing.
This. Bottomless dried out swamps are the exception.
Skinnies are great in mud, as not only there's less forward resistance, they cut down to a firm surface. The only real circumstance if come across where the cheese cutters come up short, is if you're trying to screw around in soft, dry, coarse sand with no body. Once you're moving though, they're not a drama.

Yep 5L.
Sooo many people choose form over function with the old luxes, I'm happy because it looks capable (because it is) without looking like I got a little pecker.

>Lights

Speaking of lights, my projectors and bixenon harness showed up today. Running Morimoto XB 4500k bulbs but currently with shitty ebay ballasts. Will go with Acme Speedy Start ballasts if I can't find any Hella Gen 3s at the local yard.

Neat. What projector housings did you go with? Any pick of fitment?
I'd love to retro fit a set of Hella E55 housings to the standard low beam halogen projector location on my 4th gen Montero, but kits are too bloody expensive.
You'll have to start looking for 2L-T manifolds... Or a second hand 1KZ :P

Acme Supers going in cheapo ebay reflector housings.

looking at a 2008 4runner sport.
are there any better options.

>I have no need for a bed so no pickups
>needs to be comfy at highway and city driving
>dont plan on doing any lifting or suspension modding
>mainly for fire trails

I'm subaru wagon. And I'm not even memeing.

Maybe an FJ cruiser for overkill.

looked at both, subaru was great but the headgaskets scared my away

fj is overkill

If you're considering the 4runner from less than a decade ago, also consider the Tay Yoda FJ 60.

Mad comf. Plus it won't depreciate if you find one under $7000. It's depending on where you live, though.

>FJ 60
fuck

that would be a nice setup.
thanks

If you live in a northern state or canada, it's found to be better and cheaper to import a left hand drive than it is to buy a second hand rust bucket. if you go more north, they could use gravel, though, so you could be safe.

those '08 4runners are also not a bad idea. or a nissan r51. if you ever think you're going to upgrade your offroad capabilities, consider the tay yoda FJ70. they come in a neat little troop carrier box, too and have a more solid suspension all around. that comes at the cost of comfytude, though.

Headgaskets are a meme. They only blow on the 2.5 and, if you have experience with rebuilding engines, they're not any harder to replace than on any other engine.

That being said, yeah it's not ideal

>Tay Yoda
Tay Pls.

No Im white GMT800 subruban fag

kk

Dont tempt me with that kind of talk!
Shes been a reliable truck and only has about 140k miles on it and the 5L has plenty of life in it still.
I want to keep it for ever! I have a brand new Nissan navarra as a work car and fuckin hate it, i love old jap 'tractors', theyre so mechanical and fun.

nice tj
the last good jeep

>the last good jeep
why?

Because the JK is a heavy, suburban-dadmobile, domesticated pile of shit

And it comes in a 4-door defeating the purpose of a light, short-wheel-base, compact SUV

Nobody's forcing you to buy the four door, you clown.

And yet, people still BUY the stupid things

this exactlywow
why so butthurt
>stop not liking things that i like

FJ's are fugy as fug

I am not a toyota guy but I picked up an 05 4runner late last year and have been very pleased by it.

Just make sure you change all the fluids out when you get it, (including diff's and Transfer case)

Comfortable ride , plenty of space inside even when hauling people. Meh tier fuel mileage. I am running 10w40 mobil1 instead of the 5w30 oil and have been getting better mileage out of mine for some reason. Just let it idle for a bit more on startup and dont beat on it until it gets warm.

>I picked up an 05 4runner late last year and have been very pleased by it.
>Just make sure you change all the fluids out when you get it, (including diff's and Transfer case)
yep first thing im doing already know what to buy. also gonna do that caliper upgrade and chain service.
>Comfortable ride

also gonna do the scion radio upgrade and steering wheel swap.

I don't even like the four door. Stop badmouthing things that don't affect you.

>complaining about different opinions
how old are you
i don't give a shit if you like the heap
so why do you give a shit that i don't

>I picked up an 05 4runner late last year and have been very pleased by it.
Did it come with a japanese hooker built in underneath the driver seat sucking you off when pressing a button on the steering wheel?
- If so, seems like i need myself an 05 4runner.

giggity

ITT: bootybothered 4-door goys

Is it smart or even worth it to DD an FJ80 or FJ60?

sure why not
if that's what you want to do
do it

Sounds like fun desu

Turns out Veeky Forums hates jeeps and is gigatriggered over them!

Jeeps are for cucks

>thirdie bike riding NEET cuck _still_ posting

Yeah. That's what I plan on doing in a bit.
>pic related
>iForce swap when

Also:
>85 replies
>not a single taytay
It's weird that Veeky Forums has me taking pictures of offroading on the trails now...

People just hate Jeeps because it's the popular thing to do. Before, it was popular to own a Jeep.

I wonder what's next for the normie /ORG/ society...

y fun

>mfw the cuck LITERALLY replies to every single one of my baits

Heres a tip, you never let the other one knows what triggers you the most

@17011881
>HE'S ACTUALLY AN animeNEET THIRD WORLD SHITSKIN

MY
FUCKING
GIGASIDES

LITERALLY THE LOWEST FORM OF LIFE ON EARTH

sigh

>@17011881

Kek, got him again

I've had it with these muthafuckin snakes in this muthafuckin desert.

>@
>kys

Fuck I'd love to go into an abandoned mineshaft.

What used to be mined in there? Also where is this???

Gold here, many gold, silver, copper, talc, etc.
Explored these after crossing Mengel Pass into Golar Wash, Death Valley.

More pics, bls. How was the 10 days?

I've heard Ragnar Benson had mild success in the 80s / 90s recovering little chips of loose gold and platinum ore on the bottom of mineshafts. People would drop them because they would just opt for the larger pieces of rock instead. Apparently every kg of pebble would net him like 1-3 g of gold / platinum. It wasn't worth much back then but could be worth it wandering around today. Anyway, this is /out/ talk

aren't you moving soon or have you already

The 10 days were epic.
With the exception of my AC compressor going out while up Trail Canyon. Didn't need it but it made a nasty racket until I got it swapped out.
Guess it was time though. It was original.
Not moving. I own a place in Oakland CA & Pahrump NV. I'm on the map.
Eventually plan to spend more time in NV but I get out as much as possible.

Picc spam. More XJ piccs, too.

I'll just dump picture of offroaders until someone tells me to stop.