Artificial Academy 2 General /aa2g/

Artificial Academy 2 General /aa2g/ #845
Taimanin Edition

Welcome, this general is for the discussion of ILLUSION's Artificial Academy 2.

COPY ERROR MESSAGES WITH CTRL+C, PASTE THEM WITH CTRL+V INTO GOOGLE TRANSLATE. STOP ASKING US BEFORE DOING THAT. JUST CLICK THE WINDOW AND PRESS CTRL + C, IT WORKS.

For File Acquisition errors, do one of the following:
- switch all locale/system/region/date/time/everything settings to Japanese
- keep locale locale/system/region/everything settings and run with Applocale (Win7/Win8) or Locale Emulator (Win10)
Always run as admin.

>READ THE READMES OF EVERY MOD YOU DOWNLOAD. IT SOLVES 99% OF YOUR PROBLEMS.

>Information (CHECK BEFORE ASKING):
Main Site: illusion.jp/preview/jg2/index.html
FAQ Image Guide: i.imgur.com/FaWIWLn.jpg
Win10 FPS Issues? Use this: feen.us/lhi9.zip (now with subtitle fix)

>Downloads:
/aa2g/ Pre-Installed Game [Preferred]: tsukiyo.me/AAA/AA2.torrent
Manual Installation [For masochists, not recommended]: pastebin.com/FgP7nFWH

>Character Card Database:
no-info.no-ip.info/aa2/ (still down, use the backup zip for old cards)

>Mods & More:
AA2 Pastebin: pastebin.com/BhpfXqHP
/aa2g/ Modding Reference Guide (Slot lists for Hair/Clothes/Faces, List Guides, and More):
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gwmoVpKuSuF0PtEPLEB17eK_dexPaKU106ShZEpBLhg/edit#gid=1751233129

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!VINxSaLb!SpOmZwckHn90f6JoZ_1i9Q
mega.nz/#!nU5RDD4R!dEpiLnpKLzPwoSO58CDXGKxe6K2D2EidfU4iXX-mlQc
mega.nz/#!6IQzXQbL!W8q2JLkeUUQJWtmuW0Dk_no492OwFeNIWrS9ZcIjbpI
mega.nz/#F!7MZHHYLD!_zz12W1dBwzbTDw_lNwvhw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

AA3 when?

Mari and Kouri are on good terms there is no bullying here!

Friendly reminder to wear an apron when cooking. You don't want to dirty your clothes.

2560x1440 is not a custom resolution. The game can run at that size in native settings if your monitor/graphics card support it.

First of all, the locale doesn't matter. Run it without an emulator. Second. Show us a screenshot

How do you make male characters that don't look like fuckbois?

so here when it is in 1440p by using the resolution patch

Your monitor does not support 1440p

so any idea? my gpu is 1070 and my monitor is dell 1440p
just bought when 1080ti was announced

windows 10?

or this

but my monitor is dell 1440p
yes windows 10, 1440p monitor, gtx 1070
i once play it on laptop on 1080p

My idea is that you never actually set your monitor to display 1440p in the display properties.

no, my monitor displaying 1440p on nvidia control setting

Welp. It's probably got to do with W10 resizing windows. Or you're finding some other problem unrelated to the patcher or the game.

Print screen right now and tell me resolution of the image when you paste it in paint

do you play the game on higher resolution?

the image i posted is in 2560x1440p
i resize so i can the image limit will be under 4mb since Veeky Forums image limit size posting
here is nvidia setting

>do you play the game on higher resolution?
Not nowadays. But I have managed to play on 1440p in a 900p screen before on Windows 7.

do you use custom resolution?
man aa2 really makes me think when playing on higher resolution and windows 10

The only thing that comes to mind for me is this. Scale things back down to 100% and see what that does.

>tfw burned self out on making cards

>tfw I shat out 8 cards in the last 2 days and ain't stopping

>tfw I was the same awhile ago
enjoy it while it lasts

well fuck you too, ayako

So I kicked out some nerd from my class and now I have one spot open. I blotted out the names because I changed some of them and don't want the /aa2g/ police on my tail.

Suggestions pls. No sluts!

mega.nz/#F!VINxSaLb!SpOmZwckHn90f6JoZ_1i9Q

That program doesn't support non-vanilla features on cards.

What features exactly? Other cards like Yue work fine, which also utilize AAU.

AAU data is hidden so the program doesn't detetect it at all, what it doesn't support is things that are outside of vanilla slots. So things like custom faces are unsupported.

You're already in the aa2g class that we made the other week which I'll probably play for fun later.

Ayako's old version works fine though, and I don't think much was changed.

cards brah?
also do you run in fullscreen mode and what resolution

mega.nz/#!nU5RDD4R!dEpiLnpKLzPwoSO58CDXGKxe6K2D2EidfU4iXX-mlQc

She has enough cuteness to be in more than one class dont worry she'll fit right in

It's not designed to work with things like that, I don't know if it might sometimes work but if it does it's pure coincidence.

mega.nz/#!6IQzXQbL!W8q2JLkeUUQJWtmuW0Dk_no492OwFeNIWrS9ZcIjbpI

Also, windowed 1680x1050

You're already my model!

I doubt she'll ever have trouble fitting in anywhere, given how small her head is.

man its suffering when aa2 wont fullscreen at 1440p

Then choose any other one
mega.nz/#F!7MZHHYLD!_zz12W1dBwzbTDw_lNwvhw

Also, finally had the motivation to make a folder

>trying to use full screen
Absolutely disgusting.

Whoops

user how do you get fullscreen at your resolution?
imma have 1440p
also

Is this kid serious?

>imma have 1440p
lemme get sum dat 1440p

but
oooh
any translation
that why i tried to messed around with that setting but i cant into moonrunes
here is when i tried to run with 1440p

>any translation
Into what language?

just english
i use the the custom patch resolution then it turn out to be like this

she probably uses hexaoc nipples

put some muscles on them

user, I...

>Illusion didn't update their blog for 2 weeks
prepare for the worst

Quick run! Her hair is on the offensive!

You aren't going to find a hairstyle like this anywhere else its one of a kind

>hair color is either too red or not enough red
kill me

use mousewheel to move the slider while looking at the model

Didn't know that works, thanks.
Though, that's not what I mean. I can'f find a red I really like.

put some gradient on the base hair texture. You'd have to heavily edit the hair color though
This girl uses the following BASE hair texture and her hair color is actually dark blue. Now that you have AAU you have way more room for experimentation

Now that sounds interesting. I'll take a look.

So I can't decide which highlighter mod to use. Which ones are your favorites or do you recommend? pictures would be helpful

if you don't particularly care - use steamvip. It's the most subtle one.

Alright, I've extracted the hair texture from the jg2e03_00_00 archive, gave it a red gradient, but how to apply it? When I'm in AAU in the Maker, Archive Overrides nor Object Overrides seem to work.
wat do?

Hm, when I set it like this, press apply and then browse for the .tga, it simply won't apply it for whatever reason.

first you browse for a file to replace it with. THEN you press Apply. THEN you reload the model(just reselect the character height)
also if you're on test7 I'm gonna slap you

It simply won't let me choose a file to replace. I browse for the file, and the 'Replace with' stays empty. I tried restarting the whole shit, but that didn't help either.
Also, I'm on test10.

if the file is out of override folder it won't apply. Follow the convention with regards to overrides placing. Hair textures should go in \override\Hair_Textures\jg2e03_00_00\

also if you apply the override you can't change the texture or the maker will(might) crash. Use file shadows for WIP stuff and apply them via overrides once you're finished. I suggest making overrides work first though. Everyone seems to have troubles understanding file shadowing for some reason.

I just tried it, but shadowing works flawlessly.
No idea why the overrides won't work.
I have them in the override folder (AA2Maker\data\texture\override\Hair_Textures\jg2e03_00_00), but it simply won't accept the file after I browse for it.
No idea what the fuck is happening

>data\texture\override
>texture
*slap*
overrides moved to data\override since test8. If you're not on the most recent test build you waive any right to tech support.

Well, there we have it!
Sorry, I've been using AAU only since a few days, didn't know the folder moved.
Thank you for supporting my retardation and cluelessness.

if you used it for a few days i don't know why you put your overrides in texture folder in the first place. Browse button starts you in the override root folder. Once you go up one level it won't accept it.

It didn't for me, though.
It just opened the data folder, since there was no override folder since like 5 minutes ago.
And in the readme it says 'Tan: Uses a tan from AAEdit\data\texture\override\tan', so I expected that I have to slap the hair texture stuff in there too.

ok, then you actually did the reasonable thing.
The readme needs an update because no one bothers fixing it. Noted.
It also never occured to me what does the browse button open if there's no override folder.
I retract that slap, sorry.

For future reference, the convention for override assets is as follows:
>\AA2_MAKE\data\override\
├ hair_highlights\
├ sclera_textures\
├ hair_textures\
├ Meshes\
│ ├ props\
│ ├ face\
│ ├ hair\
│ ├ legs\
│ ├ body\
│ ├ sviex\
│ └ clothes\
└ tan\

so, say, if you want to override jg2e02_00_HEXA.pp/AS00_20_131_00.xx you put your file in \data\override\Meshes\hair\jg2e02_00_HEXA. Rename the overriding file to something unique to eliminate collisions with assets from other users. Like replace the last 00/01 with your label like AS00_23_80_megumin.xx.
Keep your mesh override textures close to the place where the mesh itself would go.
You don't have to keep the .pp name in the folder if you're making some new mesh. but if it's a minor edit might as well place it next to the file it would modify.

>any translation
Launch your game's config with any translated launcher.

Alright, thanks for explaining that.
Though, it does seem fairly simple, as soon as you get small problems like these out of the way.

yeah, it is simple, especially if you have an idea of how the game operates with its assets.
It's still not omnipotent though. Like I said, if you load an override you can't edit it. On my machine everything just refuses to save the changes to a loaded override file while on others the maker crashes. This doesn't happen for the shadow files but they're applied universally so use them as your workplace. Just make a set for your card, finish it and then apply all this shit with overrides.

I literally want to lick anime feet

>no sluts
>changes cards anyway

Turned out just fine, I guess.

Are there any hot/cute male cards yet?

Yeah me

Both the lipstick and nipple slots were changed to ones from HEXAOC. You can try settings those back to vanilla in reiedit first. I don't think any other changes were made that could give you a difficult time in there.

Yue has not had that sort of thing changed yet and probably wont unless I make some other changes at the same time.

what outfit is this? and what room is this?

Post yourself then

then don't wear clothes while cooking
problem solved!

>back when aa2g was fun

>was
It still is. /aa2g/ is better now. Less shitposters.

I also suggest you try out other colors with that base texture. Some interesting shades can be done this way.

Yeah, I can imagine.
I already have a few ideas, though.
captcha: schule ingang

I also like what it does when you lower the hair brightness a lot. Just look at these sharp shadows

Yeah, I noticed that too.
Though, if you set a brightness to almost 0, all of that vanishes for some magic reason.

Is illusion going to get shut down in the future

not almost but 0. Same with saturation. Probably something to do with the grayscale colors being processed differently. Maybe a workaround to avoid divisions by 0.

>Talk to a girl
>She instantly laughs like a maniac
But why?

Angry Joyfull

She is P I S S E D