/dbt/

[ D a i l y - B i k e - T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

EDGY edition (feat. Kawasaki marketing department)

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Adventures & Blog Posts
>Motorcycle Pictures & Webms

/dbt/ map:
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator:
cycle-ergo.com/

Noob? Git gud:

webums with sounds:
Previously on /dbt/:

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doppler_effect
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Honda a shit

2nd for I had to scroll really far down to find the general only to see there is a new one up

Also it was pretty cold this morning and I had all vents open

Veeky Forums.org/o/dbt

>he doesn't post his bike

I'm on clover tho

Then just search you dingus

Riding home Lane splitting behind another biker
Prius starts merging into as I attempt to pass.
Slow down
Honk at him like WTF.
He is basically over the double yellow lines either intentionally blocking me or being a dumbass.
Continue honking and he doesn't move.
Car on right gives me space to pass.
Fold dickhead Prius mirror.

Africa twin in Africa heh

>a small ktm in its natural, broken down state

Should have smashed his mirror

NIGGER user, YOU'RE BACK

Yes, bro.

I'm at airport customs atm and these goofs can't find the crate my mt07 is in.

rip

Who else in the ruined shoes club here?

You have no idea how maddening the bureacracy is here.

>muh procedural error, go back and get a new stamp

Been here 3 times now and the airlines even got into an argument with the ministry of customs and revenue over appropriate taxation.

Anyone have a color tier list?

Just come in swinging your cacti and they'll listen.

Seriously, that sucks balls. But what do you expect, you're in Africa!

T.I.A, bru

White > *

>Ethiopian bureaucracy
I unfortunately know from experience that they like to lose shit and then turn around and make you jump through all kinds of hoops. Hope you get it sorted soon...

Also, there's a particularly popular brand of coffee I bought a few bags of on my way home. I can't remember the name, but maybe you know it?

2015 Star Bolt C for 5k new, is this a good deal?

>cruiser

no

The bureacracy here is a holdover from the communist era. They force you to interact with and submit to gov't procedure in order to train you to accept big brother's hand all up in your shit.

But the incompetence and lack of accountability you experienced sounds familiar.

As far as coffee goes, that's like asking what type of coke you snorted in Colombia; it's ubiquitous and largely undifferentiated.

Where are you from? What were you here for?

>salty bby

If you like it, buy it

b r a b a n t
r
a
b
a
n
t
?

Do I have to do this every thread?

Feels like I'm whoring out my baiku.

That pic was taken in Brabant yes.
How'd you know?

Not him, but the style of houses gives it away.

Made when you bought it?

What's wrong with cruisers?

I bought it in September, this was taken a week ago.

what's wrong with cruisers?

I just buy proper equipment because I have a job.

Memes, just like adv bikes

Not me, I like my feet and wear motorcycling boots.

This thread needs more cruisers

I don't take many photos without a reason, but this was a good time. Swapping the motor the day before the first track day of the season. Blew the transmission out of it last November and procrastinated. New engine runs like a top, though.

Remodeling part of the house so the garage was a disaster.

y u delet picture?

was going to post a separate one, but decided against it
see

No, more off-road adv bikes

reminder that honda a shit

Why not cruisers that go offroad?

>Got a warning for doing 103 in a 45

Feels good to be white.

>103 in 6th
rip

tfw in the Netherlands anything more than 50kph over the limit is an automatic license suspension

Only reason you got a warning is because its an arrest and multiple tickets once you're doing 2x the limit

Punch down not forwards.

fite me irl

Is okay if I store a litrebike inside a apartment? I don't have car parking anywhere or garage. I live on the ground floor but I might need to make a ramp for 4 steps high into my front door. No pics of my home for anonymity. Does anyone do it?

Yeah, it's fine.

ayyyy

That feel when no F4i

GET HYPE NIGGA

Cruisers already have problems on road

Just how bad are modular helmets?
>HJC IS-Max 2
Should I pay the $80 restock fee to get a better one?

Cool memes! I've taken mine offroad before. I'm sorry you lack skill

Y u no bikering shoes tho?

>tfw 200lb 6'5" lanklet on a bitch bike

Good thing I live in burger land.

>yfw I was doing well over double the speed limit and was caught red handed

More of both

I have a Shark modular helmet. I've never put the chin part up ever. But the inside flip-out sunglasses thing is great. I'd say get a normal helmet with a sunglasses thing.

They're pretty nice. I've got a Schubert C3 Basic, 'cus I'm a basic bitch, easy to put on, very nice during hot summers in a town, you can drink easy with it and mine is quiet too.

I'm talking off-road, not dirt roads.

>HJC IS-Max 2
They're fine. If it fits, wear it. If it doesn't fit, the return it. Find your local shop and at least try on some lids before ordering something. Buy from the local place if they are cool or online if they aren't.

You'll appreciate the skills you learned on the slow bike later when you upgrade to something with some more oomph.

If i ride every work day of the year, is replacing the helmet every 2 years unreasonable?

Why would you replace it that often? They last 6-7 years easy.

Depends on how much dosh you have bruv
I've had the same helmet for four years, started thinking about replacing it 6 months ago, will probably replace it 6 months from now. No more than 5 years is generally recommended for safety reasons.

I did try on quite a few, and it does fit nice and snug and comphy. I just feel it may have been a rushed decision.
kind of regretting not getting a full face, but I'm just joining the club, so I don't know what features I'll really make use of.
Shoulda gone home to think about it and ordered from fortnine.

Anyway, it if lasts for five years then at least I'll have time to look for a good replacement, and by then I'll know what I need.

If you guy's say it's a good helmet, then it couldn't come higher recommended.

Depends on the helmet. I typically stick to ones that are closeouts from the previous year, so their life expectancy has about four years left. For the price/time, it's a better deal than the meme of $400+ helmets. The Bell RS-1 was a fucking champion for $160. Shame they dropped it in favor of the new three tiers of the Star.

HJC makes decent lids. I wouldn't be concerned about it being modular. You'd have to fuck up pretty bad for that to matter.

What really matters when it comes to helmets is that it fits properly.

>mfw the skills I'll appreciate are being able to out run cops and ending up as hamburger helper on pavement

Mine's the one that's together.

naked sv650 or fairing'd sv650?

Anything but

Nobody that values their feet. Enjoy them snapping in half in a crash.

Fairings why not

Pretty good for new. If it's your kinda thing go for it, seems like a good deal, nice colour too.

Still my favourite colour scheme for that bike.

...are you gonna fix that peashooter exhaust though?

My girlfriend had the same helmet and it was pretty good. Super comfy and quiet, but the shell is a little big, felt like a bobble head with it on. Interior visor mechanism is neat too.

is it a good choice after riding a gs500

I have a big head, so it fits.
How does the mechanism hold up to use? it feels like the spring will bind up or the latch break after a week.

>falling for the slip-on jew

Half-fairing looks best imo.
It's basically just looks, riding wise it makes no big difference.
Though maintenance might be slightly more complicated with fairings.

A friend of mine and me both have it, his spring has fucked up after a year or so, mine still works fine 6 months in.

Oh the one I wore fits, it's just a big shell. The mechanism seemed to hold up fine, never had any problems in the two years that she used it before changing because she wanted a sportier helmet. Good lid for the price.

No because the sound is nice while not being obnoxious at 8k+ rpm. Also im changing bike soon so keepin it stock.

>having a shitty looking exhaust that makes your nice bike sound like a sewing machine

Yeah the GS500 is pretty fucking slow and the SV is pretty quick where it matters. You can do a lot with a 70HP v-twin. Easy to maintain, bulletproof, entirely documented and dissected online ad nauseam, endless aftermarket, literal meme, etc.

>maintenance might be slightly more complicated with fairings
If it has full fairings, maybe, but the half faired is not in the way of anything.

>wanting to make the bike louder

I think the half faired ones just look weird, they look like they're missing body work. Full or nothing imo.

Loud pipes save lives

i have no problem with that

Yeah that's just a matter of opinion, go for what you like.

>he doesn't blow out normie ear drums during fly-bys down the interstate

What are you, a commie?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doppler_effect
I'll let you figure out the rest.