I have 439k

how can I get to 1 mil by 2017
I am not doing anything sexual.

Other urls found in this thread:

investorplace.com/2009/03/option-approval-levels-explained/
investopedia.com/terms/s/sell-in-may-and-go-away.asp
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bet it all on black and win twice

This. 23 precent chance you'd be a millionaire! Listen to Veeky Forums and make yourself rich with memes!

if you mean by the end of 2017 this can easily be done by selling 2 STD strangles on the SPX.

ask me qs if you are interested in learning more and I can list some things for you to learn on your own and if you really do have 439k you could very well get close to doubling it in a year.

300k is enough to make 1 million in forex if you know what your doing. I'd be willing to help you we can run some strategys and start a partnership and I'll make it happen for you if your serious

disregard this poster.
He doesnt know what hes talking about, he is literally telling you to gamble.
Forex is a zero sum game boys.

>optionsfag calls forexfag a gambler

what is selling volatility instead of buying

Every options strategy in existence is a bet on the future direction of the market. Every one.

All options are short-term contracts.

You cannot predict the future short-term direction of the market.

Therefore every options strategy in existence is, by definition, a gamble.

Stocks are a zero sum game too.

I have been tradeing forex for 5 years with small 3000$ accounts I have traded many demo accounts into over half a million usd using 20:1 leverage its not gambling unless you treat it that whay but if you use smaller lots and calculate your proper margin % according to your strategy you can make good consistent profit and minimal losses. Just because some people treat it like gambling doesn't mean everyone does

lmao shows how little you know about options mate. theres always two side to each trade.
never said it wasnt, selling options ISNT a zero sum game though.
>turning 3000$ in half a million in 5 years without taking an insane amount of risk that could end up you having to pay a tremendous amount of money back.
rofl ok mate, what ever you say. I highly doubt in the first place it is at all possible to get the returns you said you made and if they are real I doubt its possible to continue. Otherwise everyone would be doing it.

>shows how little you know about options mate
Whatever you say, kid.

If you know anything about options, you know what this screenshot means. If you don't, then you're a poser noob. Either way, you just got #rekt.

HTML script kiddie, link your trade statements for one year, if you don't YOURE the poser faggot

What is the strategy for these accounts? Do you automate parts of it or are you manually trying to predict the market based on news and your opinion of shifts in certain currencies?

Haha, triggered you huh? See what happens when you assume you're the smartest or richest person in the room ... someone like me comes along and makes you look like a fool.

Anyway, no, I won't be posting any trade statements. I don't trade options anymore. I used to, and I'm obviously still qualified to, but I wised up some time ago.

Keep on shilling your shitty strategy. Anyone who listens deserves to lose their money. Natural selection applies to the markets as in nature.

>made over 500000 trading options
>"trading options is not a good way to make money, i wised up"

sooo, explain please...how is it a bad idea if you made money off it? are there better ways to trade?

Watching the bigger pockets podcast on the "BRRR" strategy. If you buy a house let's say 50% below market and you refinance for 70% market value does the bank just give you that difference in cash? This seems like a good way to make some money...

>made over 500000 trading options
I never made that much trading options. That's my income from all sources. Brokerages use your wealth, income, and experience to assign a "trading level" for options. The trading level ranges from 1 to 4. 1 is for noobs, and means you can only sell covered calls on stock that you actually own. At the other end of the spectrum, 4 is for experts, and means you can do any options strategy in existence if you want (including shorting), and you can trade as much as your want.

investorplace.com/2009/03/option-approval-levels-explained/

My point in posting the screenshot wasn't to brag about how much I've made trading options, but to show that I know more than this namefag.

I stopped trading options long ago -- for the most part, its a suckers game for poorfags.

>are there better ways to trade?
Trading is a losing game. Over 90% of active traders fail to beat the market after expenses. Those are shitty odds, and you'd be a fool to play that game.

What do you recommend for making money then? Just salary, savings, and fiscal responsibility? Serious questions, not baiting.

>Just salary, savings, and fiscal responsibility?
Pretty much this. Earn as much as you can, save as much as you can, and invest long term. It's the best way to live well now, grow your wealth, and retire comfortably (and possibly early).

so if you first start out and get a level 1 rating, couldn't you just sell iron condors/low risk sells and just work on making some cash on the side?

With a demo account I start with 100,000 use and turn that into 500,000 usd. With a real account I usually turn 3000 usd into maybe 15,000 at the most before I withdraw my profits and start with 3000 again just so you know. But if I ever have an extra 100,000 I will know how to grow it in forex because I have experienced tradeing it and DONT GAMBLE as in just sit at a computer and randomly press buy or sell I read news I look at data and I trade good patterns with strong volume

>so if you first start out and get a level 1 rating, couldn't you just sell iron condors/low risk sells and just work on making some cash on the side?
I posted a link that explains the levels, so do your own homework. I'm not going to help you lose money.

Nice roleplaying.

I read posts like these all the time and there are always a few insightful posters giving hints on how to minimize risk and loss, and most of those people acknowledge the risk involved with trading. Then there are always ppl like you coming in and saying placing any bets on the market is a recipe for losing all your sheckels, the problem I have with that is if you save a bunch of cash and let it sit in a shitty savings account, and max out a shit ton of retirement funds, the market could still crash and you lose anyways. Dont take that as me saying I dont save or save for retirement, but I just think theres nothing wrong with using leftover money to try and make some sheckels on the side. If it all goes to shit it all goes to shit anyways. As long as you have a job and the market is good, then you might as well bet on the market staying steady. If it goes sour then who cares, not like I had a lvl 4 ranking to short the market lol.

Two important things wrong with your post that you need to learn now if you don't want to be an eternal poorfag.

1. There is a huge difference between trading and investing. The risks are not the same.

2. The money you don't invest now or that you gamble away on trading would have been worth 20-30 times as much in the future if you simply invested it wisely.

Also, and this is an aside, but using terms like "shekels" even on Veeky Forums just makes you sound ignorant. If you want to have an adult conversation about something, try talking like an adult.

the problem I have with investing, although I do hold retirement funds, is that you cannot access them until 65 without a huge chunk being taken out, or unless I'm using it to buy a house. I'm young, so I have no idea what life is like at 65, but I do have poor asf grandparents so I would rather not have to work when my bones get tired. It just seems like a generational thing/ inadvertent caste system ie poor families stay poor and wealthy families continue to make wealth.

Doesn't seem like my parents are leaving me anything, and my grandparents didnt/wont leave me anything, and they grew up in the prime years of these savings programs. I understand why taking less risk is smart but really, what's the difference in having a million saved up vs tens of millions saved up if I'm already living frugally.

Idk I dont mind maxing out retirement funds AT ALL the problem I have is not being able to pull out without penalty until my bones are pulp. Also being able to only pull out 10k for a house is WEAKSAUCE imo.

With passive investments like funds and index etfs, and stocks as well if you just throw all your cash into them, you're actually taking more risk than when you use options. With options you can completely quantify and define your risk.

>the problem I have with investing, although I do hold retirement funds, is that you cannot access them until 65
Huh? You can always invest in a taxable (normal) account if you have a legitimate expectation that you'll need the money before retirement, or even if you just want to leave your options open. No one's forcing you to use a 401k or IRA.

I think you need to do some more basic research. You have some pretty serious misconceptions.

>you're actually taking more risk than when you use options
Depends on how you structure your options strategy. You can easily take on more risk too. Indeed, some pretty basic options strategies have unlimited risk. Don't paint with too broad a brush.

You're correct that options can allow serious fine-tuning of risk profiles, but outside of some highly unique situations, 99.99% of investors don't need that kind of granularity -- especially given the costs involved.

Yeah. But the key is that you can control it.

And I'm not saying risk is bad. Risk is good. That's the whole idea is that you get paid for taking risk. The more you take, the more you expect to get paid. But it is a risk.

I've been passively invested this year and am learning to trade as well. I intend to continue doing both. The paper trading I've done this year beat my real investing and in about half the amount of time. Active investing is very powerful and I fully intend to go live with it in about a month.

what company would you use for short term investments? I'd rather have a maxed out TSP and then use the remaining money to buy some bonds or something, something that can grow for 14 years (I'm 21) so when I turn 35 I can FIRE and get a house with some land or start a company or something without having to go into debt over it.

>But the key is that you can control it.
You can control your risk with asset allocation too, and at a much lower cost.

Fourteen years would be medium term, not short term, and is certainly long enough for a conventional investment strategy. For investors in the U.S., I recommend Vanguard. Schwab and Fidelity also offer qually low-cost investment alternatives. But Vanguard is investor-owned, which makes it the better choice in my estimation.

Short the stock market May 1 and cover Aug 1

thanks btw, i know this place usually promotes misinfo and memes, but honestly Veeky Forums has some nuggets of info, which is why i'm here now. if you make as much as that pic above indicates, then I think listening to you is probably gonna help me more than anyone else here.

what makes you say that?

Thanks glad I could help. Just remember to always do your own research and confirm any advice you get on the internet.

It's a variant of an old wive's tale trading strategy that supposedly predicts the markets always fall in the Summer. The expression is, "Sell in May and go away."

investopedia.com/terms/s/sell-in-may-and-go-away.asp

I guess there's some historical evidence that the markets do slow down seasonally, but once you factor in trading costs and taxes from actually doing this, it's really just a dead end meme.

>asset allocation

All assets carry risk. Trying to quantify exactly that risk as very difficult though. You're talking about risk management through diversification. Which as always a good idea. But it's not quite the same thing. You also want to diversify your strategies as well.

Oh I see.

So if my retirement (TSP) is my long term, my bonds are my medium term, then what are my safest short-term investment options? Should I even have short term options?

>Trying to quantify exactly that risk as very difficult though.
As I said, I don't disagree that options can allow quantification of risk to a degree not possible by asset allocation alone. As I also said, I can count on one hand the number of investors who's need for that degree of granularity warrants the marginal expense of an options risk management strategy.

Outside of some institutional investors, and an occasional individual investor with highly specific and unusual needs, you're using a ginsu when a butter knife would suffice.

>Should I even have short term options?
If you have money that you think you'll need, without fail, in 1-3 years, then yes.
>what are my safest short-term investment options?
Money market funds, CDs, short term treasuries or bonds, and TIPs.

I'm pretty sure we're on the same page here. But it's not just about need. I've definitely learned a lot in the short time I've been learning to invest and I find I enjoy it quite a lot but I think if you said to any investor, that you can take less risk, use less capital and get better returns, they'd all bite your arms off.

But instead of spending a little extra effort to learn the domain themselves they just end up just throwing their cash into some passive investments or pay other people to do it for them and do a worse job.

No one will ever care about your money as much as you do.