When to do the motorcycle wave

Looking for input from other riders. Is the biker wave only acceptable on a bike? There are times where I am directing (the guy with the stop/slow paddle at road work) and if I get a motorcyclist coming through, I give them the wave to show that I ride too, but I never get it back.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u7tBHoq49RU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Are you fucking serious? This amount of autism is concerning...

I thought Veeky Forums was supposed to be the only thread where you can get actual help. So, what you're saying is only biker wave on the bike? All I'm trying to do is say hey, I ride too

not that user but
yes it's only acceptable if you're on a bike, no one knows that you ride so they don't give a shit.

In germany no one really waves anymore. at first it was only harley riders and bmw adventure bike grandpas but now rarely anyone waves back.

Also dont wave when you are not on a bike.

Are bikers all fags or something? Seems like only gays would wave at each other like this. Like, am I gonna wave to everyone I see driving a Tahoe? Hell no, I ain't gay

It's just a "stay safe" sign, we all have buried a biker friend.

Thank you. I'll stop

From what I've seen around here:
- People who drive Harleys only wave to other Harleys
- People who drive other bikes wave to other bikes
- There's this one group of people I forgot the name of that nobody waves to/waves to nobody
Never seen anyone do the wave to anyone not on a bike though, so I think that's a no-go.

> Wave
Humans only have two hands. It's a nod.

What, I have the exact opposite experience
Harley and bmw-tourer guys usually don't wave, everyone else does
I wave at everyone that isn't on one of said bike-types and wave back to everyone

No, you aren't going to wave at every Tahoe owner and that's normal, but bikers seem to have a bit of a brotherhood. I don't stop every time I see a car on the side of the road, but if I see a biker on the side of the road, I stop and see if I can help, unless I need to be somewhere.

I usually get the wave when I move my car over to the side of my lane so he can split lanes

I ride a BMW, I wave to everybody. Except scooters. Fuck scooters.

>bit of a brotherhood
That's literally the definition of gay user

OP here. I ride a Suzuki DR650 and I ride around Monmouth County (Central) NJ in USA. I wave to every bike and 99% wave back with the exception of the way too serious Harley riders that even other Harley riders make fun of

Dual Cross isn't in either crotch rocket or cruiser camp so people in Dual cross tend to get the most nods.

Except autistic chopper/big Harley retards.

>riding at night
>see some motorcycle lights coming the other way
>wave
>its some 16 year olds on a scooter
>kill me pls

Do you commute or offroad more? I'm assuming that NJ doesn't have that many offroad opportunities because I saw many people from NJ say they just go to NY or PA to ride in trails.

I only wave to other bikers when i find another biker in heavy rain

Isn't this supposed to happen?

Cuck

>be too young to buy a car
>welp. gotta take the ruckus out so I can at least feel the wind on my face
>pushittothelimit.mp3
>see someone coming down the road
>this is embaressing, I didn't plan for this shit
>they're gonna know I'm a loser
>he waved
>FeelsNotSuicidalMan.jpg

Waves only acceptable on a bike.

Only way to redeem yourself is to track him down and get that wave back... Through force.

If I don't know you, I'm not going to initiate the wave. Even if you do that initiation, I'm lifting my left hand middle finger and index finger off my handlebars in acknowledgement. Overpopulation, and the bikes being dirt fucking cheap, manufacturers targeting the yuppies, and Sons of Anarchy have damn near ruined motorcyclism in the states. Just my 2 cents.

Damn you are cool.

This is normally true.
But Im the only dual sport in my city (never seen any other in 2 years) so I get waves to by both big Harleys and crotch rockets.
Feels good man

I have owned multiple types of bikes and I wave at all riders. If you are on two wheels with an open cockpit I typically wave. I even wave at trikes. Exceptions are when you don't want to relinquish a hand on the bars...but even then I usually throw a couple fingers up in acknowledgment or give a head nod. I have had people on all types of bikes wave and/or not wave. It is not bike specific...rather whether the rider is cool or not. The initiation of a wave tends to be more frequent when you are on a similar type of bike as the one waving.

He has a point though.

Most times I act like I don't even see them. Not cool. Just an asshole.

No wave to

> >250 cc
>Cruisers
>(moto)scooters

what is wrong with 250cc?

>Don't wave when you're not on a bike.
Fuck you fagtron, I'll wave whenever I want.

Been on Harley's for almost 10 years and I feel like those guys are more deserving of a wave than anyone. Most times, they are fresh riders tryingto/in the process of falling in love with motorcyclism.

Or...It's all they can afford and are just trying to get to where they are going.

The guys on the 250s and scooters ^

Do you mean more or less than 250ccs?

>Been on Harley

>Cruiser faggot
>Opinion discarded

I don't wave or nod, I just do a wheelie

Beastmode

bikes in my town wave at me just because I drive a stick.

I don't even ride

I usually wave to riders I know in person (I was doing track days for few years straight including doing stuff like renting the track and organizing a track day).

I usually wave back to riders on street/sport bikes but tend ignore riders on harleys and other kind of cruisers.

Lol this expectation is one of the stupidest things. I have just about nothing in common with the average harley faggot or old man on a touring bike. Waving in general is some reddit tier secret club cringe shit

[it's ok to be gay intensifies]
i assume y'all never been to the bike thread

Islam really is ruining your shitcountry

Jeepfags do it for some reason

Damn! That's edgy

This. But also HD and BMW riders are usually snobs.

Do you make exception for 2 stroke master race? Also do you amerifats actually wave with hand? In Australia it's the head nod.

LOL so many noob mentality morons round here. Did it ever occur to you that people own multiple types of bikes? That Hardley faggot might also have a bike just like yours at home too...and I have also met bad-ass, "old guys" who drag race and could run circles around me at a road course.

No secret squirrel shit bout it. You sound like the derppit fag here...not them.

Cringe indeed. It seems almost every time I come in here some giggity faggot is spouting ridiculous shit. Veeky Forums /dbt/ is for the weakminded. Have fun with that. Good luck.

i wave at everyone on 2 wheels. If i was a scootfag id cum if chad McR1 waved at me. If i'm not on the bike or wearing a helmet I wouldn't wave tho

>only acceptable on the bike
>it's gay as fuck anyways
I never give the wave.

>Has a picture named squad
>Calls others faggots
Sure kid. Head on back to the /dbt/ containment thread.

why did you post a guzzi?

I wave to passenger to get across the street.

So when Im riding and a group of riders are single file a few bike lengths separated do I wave at the first bike then just continue to hold my hand out. Or do I do a parade wave to each individual bike as we pass?

Yep. That's why i only post my bikes in dbt that trigger the spergs. Their jimmies are so easily rustled

I'll wave at anyone on a motorcycle (or three-wheeler). Won't wave at scooters.

Most people wave back. I've waved at groups, cops (local and state) and one cop at a speed trap and they all waved back (not sure the speed trap cop wasn't waving me over but whatever).

I think part of the wave/no wave difference is where you live. I'm in the northeast and I may see one other rider in my commute to work, not always coming from the opposite direction. So I don't get a chance to wave that often.

But if you live in Florida or Texas, you'd need one of these on your bike to wave at every bike you saw.

youtube.com/watch?v=u7tBHoq49RU

>the entirety of this thread
Autism

Wave or don't wave, even if you're on a bike or not

Who cares? If you're gonna let other people dictate what you do then you might as well just put a collar on and rename yourself "bitch"

Ya most people who ride have lots of bikes. I have a gsxr 1100 a supermoto, trials bike, Zuma 50 and a zero fx. The scooter is just for beer runs in sandlas my favorite is the fx but that never goes far from home charger. I mostly ride the supermoto and everyone waves at that except the real 1% biker gang guys they don't seem to wave much.

> Small bike, L plates
> Give nod to pair of bikers going the other way, while stopped at lights
> Nod returned
> Lights change
> One guy zooms off pulling a wheelie

I'd say it works.

Im wondering about that too, usually I do a combination of both

>Regular bikes of any kind (Enduros, spportfags, cruisercucks)
Acceptable to wave.
>Trikes
>Scooters
>Shit trash like the Can-Am Spyder or those Slingshot things
Do not wave.

So much scooter hate I love riding around my modded 50cc doing 50mph.

What about ppl who have a a medical issue and can't ride a bike and are stuck on a trike?

I even show up to bike night on the scooter for lolz. It's all Billy badasses on their sport bikes with 5 gopro cameras.

There is a difference in a custom trike vs a boomer can am.

Sucking 50 throbbing cocks*
Ftfy

Everyone I see on a can-am spyder is of the redguard variety

I'm not trying to be cool and 50mph feels scary fast with those little tires. Kinda like when I'm going 180 on my 92 gsxr 1100. But I can understand scooter hate if you live in a state where they don't have to be licences, insured or ware helmets. We don't even let white trash ride scooters here.

Cool story bro!

I know 180 is max on the old 92 full exhast, jetted and airbox delete that's also indicated so might be less on the GPS. as for the Zuma 50 on the flats 25 up a steep hill. u jelly I can tell.

>he wrote it on 5chang
Must be tru!!!!

You must ride a scooter in the aforementioned state that doesn't require a licence, insurance registration or helmet.

The fuck is a biker wave

It's when you see another guy on two wheels and you wave like a little girl

i usually roll down my window and do the wave at a motorcycle, if they dont wave back i will deliberately go on the oncoming lane or drive over the barrier in my jeep and run them over. shows them for disrespecting my cager and to know their place on the road

it's ">250cc". therefore, no wave to bikes with engines over 250cc. and if you have exactly 250cc, worry not: you're still in user's secret club. It's not like it was >=250cc.

Did you think this was actually funny at some point

back the fuck off!?!?

They are fags and they do that kinda gay shit

Because i have one...

where did the wave come from? i tough of this theory. i remember a documentary where plane manufacturers after the war started to build motorcycles and allot of the war pilots bought them. and i know that they saw each other as brothers of the sky. so they waved at each other out of respect. could this be it?

WRX owners do it too. I actually like it, it always makes my day a little better. The best I ever got was from an old guy in a blue 2.5RS. He was stopped and just stuck his arm out the window and gave a full blown wave instead of the typical three fingers or nod.

Theres this guy in my neighborhood that keeps doing wheelies on his Enduro when he sees me on my scooter, one day ill find where he lives and slash his tires. Fuck that guy.

New ones tend not to for me and my GD body, but anything from 2010 and back usually wave

I got a wave out of a 2016 STI the other day in my bugeye after I passed them. Then they gave me the cheeky flyby as I was getting off the highway. There's also a guy I've seen more than once with a new one that doesn't wave but he might just be new to the Subaru club.

2 fingers toward the ground for "rubber side down" meaning don't lay your back down

Bikers are really friendly here in France

Everyone above 125cc will even salute you if you're in a car and make space for them to pass

It's more of a community thing, because there are less bikers on the roads.

i used to fucking hate the wave because i thought it was gay. after awhile you feel bad for not waving and it just kinda becomes second nature. i have a harley road king and a gsxr 1000 so i always wave at every bike i see - even scooters and those fucking arrogant dickheads on the bmw's. i also drive a jeep wrangler so i'm stuck waving at those faggots too.

If it's a line of bikes I usually just keep my arm extended unless road/riding conditions prevent me.

You cannot wheelie your scooter:(

Sport bikers never wave to harleyfags.

S197 Mustang GT's do it too. We're a bit more niche but we do it

thats because Dual-Sports are Moto-Sexual by their nature

Not with that attitude!

>Drinking Powerade
>not drinking the vastly superior Gatorade
shamfur dispray