What does Veeky Forums think of Jay?

What does Veeky Forums think of Jay?

Cool dude

cool dude with a fucklot of rare cars

seems like a genuine enthusiast instead of another rich dude dick waving via cars

pretty cool guy who doesn't afraid of anything. but he's also a boomer in some ways

What about his show? I watch his YouTube channel from time to time

He's okay I guess. He at least takes care of his cars, and seems to genuinely love his car collection. He also owns a Miata.

His videos are annoying as Fuck though

He's /ourguy/.

It's cool that he likes cars, but my god he is so fucking boring. I've tried watching his car videos several times, and it just seems like he isn't interested in any of the cars. You'd think a lifetime in stand-up and showbiz would help him play it up.

I guess you're the ADD generation that likes the car vloggers

I'd rather watch someone boring than a car vlogger, but I'd also rather watch someone who actually seems interested in the car they're discussing and driving than someone who looks and sounds like they don't want to be there.

Based.

>Yeah I just found this vintage first generation Mazda Cosmo from some American guy

How does he do it?

He's pretty much bulletproof.

yep
his dad owned a luxury car dealership so I think that's where it all started

this
you can see him really nerd out over stuff on his youtube channel

when you're rich, you can pay multiple people help you find stuff
when your famous, you know people who know people
these together means that it shouldn't be too hard for him to find a car

actually drives his collection on the reg and shares via video

also can be seen frequently IRL at Bob's Big Boy in Burbank

100% based

He looks like the forgotten retarded Bogdanoff triplet in this picture

Hasbeen show host that slowly transformed into Y/O/UR guy

That steam powered car is awesome

He's literally a Boomer in all ways.

>pay people to find the car
>able to drop an obscene amount of money to get the seller to budge

Jay seems like a cool guy that has a genuine passion for cars and their associated technologies. He could be better at interviewing people in his videos though. I don't know if it's just the fact they're condensing a lot of footage down to 20 minutes but he always seems kinda uninterested in what people are saying and repeats himself, sometimes several times. Maybe he just doesn't feel the need to play his TV character as much when he's doing car stuff.

Most collector communities are tiny, either because they have a niche interest, or because it takes a ton of time and money to do it. Often both. Like, if you get into collecting weird old films, particularly 70s shit, you're going to get to know Tarantino and RZA at some point.

His stand up sucked but I respect him for what he's accomplished.

Letterman was always the better interviewer.

When guys like Jay die, who is going to keep the enthusiasm for pre-war cars and lesser known brands like Voisin>

No one. Most millennials are probably triggered by the sight of it.

No, his dad was an insurance salesman or some shit.

it does have a very nice hood oddment

True enthusiast with diverse, patrician tastes. A rare breed.

Hardcore real man. Built like a fucking tank.

Letterman can be kind of a dick.

lower tier comedian with a cool ass car collection

Sucker of satans cock

some his jokes are a little stale
.etc
hope the wife does not find out
but it has rear seats honey its a practical car
panic scream under wot
overzealous cop bashing head on hood impression
I am of like American cars

he actually drives his collection.

He isn't a real car enthusiast because when he talked about lowriders he was like

"Hurr durr even if you don't like these it's hard not to appreciate the art and detail"

Real car enthusiasts hate mexicans ruining cars.

He is a poser/10

We wish Jay Leno was /ourguy/.

>owns nice cars
>actually likes cars
>isn't a snobby elitist or asshole

Nah, Fatt Marah is /ourguy/.

>waa he appreciates things that i don't like, he's not a real car guy

you sound like a nigger

I can see where he's coming from. If this was at a more sensible height it'd look great.

Boomer / mexican stance.

I think a part of this is that people he's with aren't used to being on tv / near a celebrity so it doesn't flow completely organically

Don't forget
This trunk is so large you could fit a family of 4 in here.

He cuts people off too.

I decided to paint my wheels wells black most people go chrome but I prefer black for a nice clean *cuts off by Jay asking another question*

>He cuts rambling mumblers off
FTFY

Matt Farah is way snobbier than Leno. Easily. Leno never has a bad thing to say about a car. He always finds a way to appreciate for what it is. Farah constantly makes comments about how something isn't as good as his or something or other. Also heard he's kind of a dick IRL.

You just summed up Veeky Forums. Fatt Marrah confirmed /ourguy/

Well, his taxes probably more than paid for the public services he uses, so he's not a boomer in THAT way.

>I decided to paint my wheels wells black most people go chrome but I prefer black for a nice clean
Wow, I really wanted to hear where that was going.

Black wheel wells, whoa, you just can't make that up!

jays chin > life itself

For awhile, it bothered me too. But then I realized that this is a guy who has a genuine passion for all kinds of cars, not a really specific genre of them. He doesn't have the same kind of detailed enthusiasm most car enthusiasts have because he doesn't "specialize". He can afford to love cars from all over the world and every era, which dilutes his overall passion because he's old and can't be bothered to drool over the details.

His willingness to sit and listen to guys talk about their car and at least pretend to care goes a lot farther than, "Mopar or no car" or "Ford a shit" or "Fucking rice fags" mentality that divides the car community into micro fractions.

>Real car enthusiasts hate mexicans ruining cars.

Autism.

You sound like an angsty faggot. Remember that age and maturity are not correlated.

I wouldn't be caught dead in a low rider and I'd be damned if I'm gonna spend my own money making one. I'm not gonna go up to a low rider owner and give him a compliment, but if the thing is painted and done up, I have all the respect in the world for them.

I feel the same way about ricers with more visual and audio mods than actual performance mods. It's not for me, I'd never do it, and it's audacious. But I respect anyone who takes a car and follows through with it. Who shows the attention to detail, who finishes the car with love and care. The car community should always respect those guys even if they hate their car.

Shame there aren't more car guys with such a mindset, the car community seems so fractured sometimes

seems like a genuinely fun guy to hang out with

also he has steam cars i love steam cars

It's an inherently human trait: Tribalism. It manifests in myriad different ways and discrimination's. Some innocent, some serious.

Even the best, most reasoned and self-reflective person can group people into easy-to-understand stereotypes to avoid having to commit more brain power to understanding and sympathizing with them, and it's something that's easily passed down from parents to children which makes it incredibly difficult to "unlearn" later.

I feel like it's stronger in the car community than many other hobbies

He's the voice of the Crimson Chin

Well someone had to give the Kia kid a reality check and tell him that he was an idiot for not getting the Fiesta ST

This is because cars are expensive, so most people can't afford more than a couple of them.

his opinions hold more weight than all of the retards on this board combined.

How come there hasn't been any honda civics or 240sxs on his show yet?

The other Jay is cooler. Makes better music, too.

but does he have a regular series about cars and their history? if he starts doing that i'll watch him instead, but for now leno is doing a great job.

It doesn't matter how much of his celebrity money he spends on cars..

The guy is half italian so nobody should have any respect for him...

No, but he holds the Chevrolet Lacetti lap record at the Top Gear test track.

Yeah, that does make sense, no one wants to admit a bad decision, especially one that's a few grand

>beaners spend fortunes impeccably maintaining classic cars
>"true automotive patricians wouldn't like this"

At least it's not rat-rodding, which I only see white people doing.

>beaners deck classic cars with chrome and candy paint until they're unrecognizable and then slap clown wheels on them and hop them until the frame bends with air suspension setups tuned high enough to set the battery arrays in the trunk on fire
>this is a perfectly valid way of preserving cars guise!

>80's ugly shitboxes

I hope they ruin those polished rolling turds, but I was talking about the 60's car which was on Leno's channel.

The guy from Colbert show has a bunch of cars but doesn't seem to have any mechanical abilities. It looks like he has the money to hire people who do. They keep his cars in driving conditions and he drives them. His show sucks but i find some of the cars interesting and wouldn't ever have seen them f not for the show.

they actually pretty much strip the entire thing down and cut as much out as possible to make it light. If you look closely you can see the body of the cars crumpling on impact

>80's american shitboxes
>classics

Neck beard.
Autist always insulting other people, never appreciating.
Driving recklessly on public roads.
Dick.

Yup.

Who's Matt Farrah?

Youtube channel: The Smoking Tire

I would like him to give a rundown on the contents of his collection.

What if he doesn't want to, you faggot?

Seriously, what the hell does that mean?

You seem overly confrontational in reaction to that user, why?

You can't tell jay leno what to do.

I'm not that user and he never was implying that he could. He just said it's what he would like Jay to do, not that Jay had to.

didnt he buy up a local bike scene and make buying spare parts incredibly expensive? I dont remember this at all, but I heard about it in one of his videos

Is there two Jay Leno's or something?

I think he's got a big chin

Jay, please stop this isn't worth it

>never appreciating.

just because Matt can say bad things about a car doesn't mean he never says anything nice. Most of his onetake videos are him saying good things about whatever he is driving

He owns 4 miatas I think
What a pal

He's /ourguy/

Back stabbing weasel.

Gay leno

matt farrah's scummy.
he cant drive. he doesnt know mechanics. he doesnt know engineering.
and to make it worse he's a total arrogant dick behind his regular guy facade.
it peeks out every once in awhile.

only people he appeals to are youtube "car guys" and the ricers that bring their cars for him.

absolutely not /my guy/

This man has a valid point.
Although some other posters are correct, many low riders are show cars which are immaculate.
At least Mexicans aren't donking cars like niggers.

He seemed to like the car until the kid said anything about the fiesta. If Kia boy didn't mention the fiesta nobody would remember that video.

>the red white and blue car

fucking ded lmao

Donks are cool.

Much better than white people stance.

top gear sucks