Alfa Romeo 159 Ti

Alfa Romeo 159 Ti

Seen one for £8k the next one up is £11k supposedly it runs perfectly owner bought it to fix and sell said he put £2k into it and has all receipts

Should I go for it? Insurance comes out to £780 a year. I checked Alfa forums for any problems from owners seems to be a fair bit but everything is maintainable

I have to admit the estate Linda appeals to me about more

Just arrange a test drive faggot. Nobody here knows how it looks because nobody here ever drove this specific car.

Impractical, expensive and beautiful

this makes 99% of all arguments on Veeky Forums garbage.

people should only talk about shit they actually know about or else stfu and lurk. Now you just lose braincells while browsing O

depends. Is it a petrol or a diesel?

Avoid the diesels like the plague they are. If it's a petrol, go for it.

how many km?

HNNNNGGGGH

God if it's the 1750 tbi just buy it already and drive it with the dick

>Insurance comes out to £780 a year.
jesus fucking chirst

Did you buy it OP or are you a faggot as usual? Did you even test drive it?

buy it you cunt

I did buy it you faggots/cunts got him down to 7k
>Jesus fucking Christ
Is that bad? I'm 24 living in the South of England, have been driving for 3 years
2.4 JTDM
88k Miles
Sorry

>159
>not GT

Buy it. Just fucking buy it.

>Diesel
Kill yourself, just like diesel killed that car.

>2.4 JTDM
avoid that shit like the plague. You buy an Alfa for the driving experience. Not to ruin the driving experience with an overweight outdated oil burning lamp

>I did buy it you faggots/cunts
>Diesel
kill yourself you fucking retard. We don't need morons like you in our gene pool.

2.4 is fine but it's not the best choice because the 2.0 170 hp is preferable. Lighter, faster and more fuel economy.

The 1750 tbi is the perfect choice, aim for that one if possible.

Don't buy gm petrol shit engines, not even the V6.

>bought a diesel fwd Alfa
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

How's the 1.9?

Very good engine, could use a remap to achieve more power

found the yurocuck that loves drinking diesel
please kill yourself
or leave Veeky Forums permanently. Thi is for automotive ENTHUSIASTS, which is a foreign term for you diesel loving bastards.

I'm a car enthusiast and even if I dislike Diesel engines I'm able and kind enough to answer to an user's question because I'm not a piece of shit bus rider like you.

>Bought a diesel Alfa Romeo
Meanwhile in bizzaro

At least remap the ECU and start putting in premium you mong

>1.9 JTS
>diesel
?

Were you talking about the petrol engine?

I was talking about the 1.9 jtdm here I repeat: avoid EVERY single petrol engine (GM engines) and only look for the Alfa Romeo 1750 tbi 200 hp.

All the diesels are ok and reliable, though you should consider at least the 1.9 150 hp and the 2.0 170 hp (better choice). The 2.4 is fine but keep in mind that weights more and the maintenance is a little more expensive because it's a 5 cylinder engine.

Yeah I was talking about petrol, what's wrong with it?

It's a GM engine.

Slow as fuck and drinks a lot of fuel, it's good only for the trash.

The 156 era JTS (all made by Alfa Romeo) engines drinks a lot of fuel too but at least they were good and sounded like heaven

>It's a GM engine.
GM doesn't make a 1.9 Petrol. They haven't since 2002. The 1.9 is a Fiat engine.

Yes I'm sorry, the 2.2 JTS is a GM derived engine and the 3.2 V6. The 1.8 is totally GM (Opel).

I still don't suggest the 1.9 because it drinks a lot, it was an old engine even when it was used on the 159.

>bought an alfa for the memes

Have fun with your illuminated engine light

It really is funny to me that yo rail so fucking hard against the 2.2 JTS and the 3.2 JTS. They're part of GM's Ecotec and High Featur engine families respectively and have long earned a reputation for their reliability.
Anything that makes them unreliable is completely on Alfa Romeo. The Alfa Romeo versions got unique cylinder heads and pistons that none of the GM versions got.

>Engine fault

This is not the official Audi thread, keep searching.

yeah alfas are much more reliable than audis

Those were the years when, because of the fucking Euro 4 and subsequent pollution regulamentations, we had totally dead and thirsty NA petrol engines...it was just before the "turbo revolution".

It's not a surprise that most people were going for a diesel 159 and, in the end, for the 1750.

>reliability

I had, back in the years, a brand new 2004 Opel Astra with a 1.4 engine. The engine was rock solid and reliable but it sucked major dicks because it was slow as fuck and thirsty in an unbelivable way.

Sorry, were you saying something?

Sucks, is the 1.8 mpi any good? The 1750 tbi is outside of my budget and the taxes on diesel would kill me.

See In America, those engines would've been perfectly fine and praised for their technological innovations. Funnily enough, the 159 and Brera were designed FOR the American market. It isn't just the engines. The entire FWD platform the cars ride on looks to be a variant of GM's Epsilon platform. For whatever reason, the American reintroduction was canceled leaving Europe with an Alfa with drivetrains meant for an entirely different market.

Do it, or go for the 2.2L, just beware the extra fuel cost on the 2.2.

NO

Avoid the 1.8 GM, even if it's not a bad engine it's underpowered on the Alfa 159 which was a heavy car before the restyling, also the consumptions are in the 9 km/l area if you want to have little fun. AVOID IT.

At this point go for the 2.2 and do an LPG conversion.

>LPG conversion.
Jesus fuck,
first Diesel, now LPG conversion

at least diesel is a real engine, farm equipment grade engine but an engine. LPG means converting a perfectly good petrol engine into a lighter.

If you cannot afford the Petrol version, just buy cheaper/more economical car.

Just find 156 with 160-170 6 gear Diesel if you must. It drinks almost no oil at all that torque makes that small shitter go like stink. You can easily chip it to 200hp, I have seen even 230hp ones, but I would worry at this point.

you are talking out of your ass

t. 2003 b207l chipped to 215hp with 150k miles that doesnt eat a bit of 0w30 between yearly changes

>Just find 156 with 160-170 6 gear Diesel

well fml

I obviously meant 147 1.9 JTDm 170 PS with 6 speed manual

fucking brain fart

Finally, one of the Saab-bros with an Ecotec sister car to chime in. Can't tell morons anything, can you?

>Saab

I like it that way. Keeps costs and prices down cause the uninitated run away from them

>genericsedan.jpg

>he doesn't know about the 9-3
I may pick one up as my next car. Can't decide between the 2.0L Ecotec Turbo or the 2.8L turbo High Feature V6

get a b207r one and enjoy

the 2,8 isnt that good from what i hear

and stay away from the xwd

they 2008+ looks better on the outside but in late 2006 they updated the interior to much worse rattly plastics, and it had a shitty rattly interior to begin with, wont stop untill you get a silicone tube and spray every single switch, knob and joint

also enjoy your door actuaors going bad on the regular and using your physical key to open your doors untill you swap em

otherwise its bulletproof

it hurts every time