Are seatbelts Veeky Forumsverrated?

Are seatbelts Veeky Forumsverrated?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1KzeZ-StEfU
youtube.com/watch?v=fql9iy8jvf0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

During the first 2 years of the click it or ticket campaign, I got 5 seat belt violation tickets.

The next 4 years, they just pull me over to give me a warning about my seat belt.

40 years ago when you used to tuck seat belts into the seat cushions so you wouldn't sit on them, my father's car was hit by a truck. The car flipped several times, I was tossed around like a rag doll and ended having several surgeries to put my insides back together.

I don't think they're overrated.

GTFO grandpa.

K but what about the truck?

Yes when harnesses and HANS devices exist

Seat belts do more harm than good.

I deeply hurt by your agism

Truck survived. The guy driving it hit the windshield but was so drunk he felt nothing and staggered away.
>inb4 driving drunk increases your chances of surviving a crash so drive drunk.

>truck survived

Then literally who cares

>Be 8
>driving with mom and brother in 2001 Ford escape on freeway
>Ford focus cuts mom off and she has to swerve to get out of way
>Mom way over corrects and SUV is sideways, we start rolling.
>Rolled 4 times before coming to stop on the passenger door
>My seatbelt saved me from being thrown into my brother/out the window.

Buckling my seatbelt is the first thing I do in a car ever since that accident, and any of you fuckers who don't wear them deserve to have your brains scraped off the pavement.

I only use them because cops use that minor shit to pull you over almost 10/10 times.

If it wasn't a law I wouldn't use them, It should be my choice If I want to die in a car accident or risk dying.

Plus I would rather die in my car then see it totaled so if I'm going fast enough that I die without wearing a seat belt I don't want to live to see the result of the crash.

>caring more about your possessions than yourself

Are you okay user? I mean I love my car and I would be devastated if I wrecked it to a point of no return, but I wouldn't want to die with it.

Overrated if you really want to win that Darwin Award.
>Pro tip: you won't win.

> It should be my choice If I want to die in a car accident or risk dying.

Sure. But why put yourself in more danger than necessary? For what purpose? Why not do something so simple to increase your safety by a lot?

This is an over 18 image board.

Nope. If it weren't for seat belts I probably would have sailed through the windshield and hit the Rav4 my ex rear ended. Instead I walked away without a scratch.

i only where them on the high way, that really only where theyre needed
under 55 you might get tossed rond a bit but itll do more harm than good in low speed colilsions/ andtrust me, ive had my fair share of acciedents in almost 20 years
my old neighbors wife lost baby bcuz of one, she still suing toyota for that

They are not overrated and also keep you planted in one spot when pulling hectik skidz so you can keep your arms and legs positioned correctly for driving inputs.

It doesn't always just effect the driver. People getting ejected without seatbelts isn't that rare of a thing and you could fly into someone / someone's car. More importantly police / EMTs / other ppl do not like having to clean up mangled and bloody dead bodies from the street. Also there are added societal costs such as increased injury if you do live, which increases the amount of money insurance has to shell out, which (if enough ppl per year get ejected and live) could amount to enough that everyone's insurance rates go up.

i laughed t b h

personally don't wear it, especially most the time because I'm newspaper couriering and have to be free.. haven't worn it for years before that either though

After driving so many years with it on, I feel naked without it.

John Noveske, died like a dumbfuck, he was ejected from his car. A seatbelt would have saved his life.

Your neighbor's wife is a stupid bitch.

Fuck that video, i got better one.
youtube.com/watch?v=1KzeZ-StEfU

And, yeah, watch fullscreen
youtube.com/watch?v=fql9iy8jvf0

>Russia

color me unsurprised

Only strongest survive, faggot.

>Seat belts do more harm than good.

Do you still live in the 70's?

That's airbags you're thinking of

I dunno man, you ever see what a windshield will do to flesh? It's not pretty.

What harm does a seatbelt do?

No, but airbags are.

Impinges upon the "muh freedumz" of the most retarded rednecks out there.

Problem is, once you find out that line of thought is a mistake you're generally not going to have the opportunity to learn from it.

i got hit by a high nigger he rolled both our cars i get out the car with a broken rib and alot of shock for a few hours but then i look over i see the nigger splattered all over the street thank god i had my belt on or i would have ended up like that idiot

its real gruesome the nigger that hit me went flying out the window and completely mutilated his face

okay edgy mcfedora

>g-wagon scourge of society

good riddance

Emt here, I have never seen anybody wearing a seatbelt die except if they got crushed. I have seen people launched over 100 feet from a delivery truck coming off a highway ramp. Wear your seatbelts people so I don't have to scrape you off the floor.

I read something about body weight being correlated to not wearing seatbelts

>muhh uncomfortable seatbelt
Sure, I can imagine fatties complaining about seatbelts cutting into one of their many fat rolls

yes, they're commie govt bs and you should stop using them in protest
old cars didn't even have them and our grand parents survived so you'll obviously be fine

strangely enough being drunk has been known to slightly help people survive crashes
sober people see it coming and tense up
drunk people don't and just kinda flop around
of course at higher speeds face to windshield interference will change things

this is the real Sopranos finale.

>actually the victim of the crash
>still don't feel bad because no seatbelt, brought it on yourself

I don't see why people make such a big fuss about having to wear the seatbelt.
It became like second nature to me ever since I got my driver's licence,and now it feels weird to be in a car without the seatbelt,even if I'm not the one driving.

I don't see the deal either. It's not like you can't just buy those little socks or whatever that make them more comfortable if it bugs you that much.

I smashed into a car at 50 MPH a year ago (wasn't my fault, he just drive right out into the intersection). The combination of seat belt and steering wheel airbag deployment caused a good deal of pain that made me miss work for a couple days and wouldn't go away for a month, BUT nothing was broken or seriously bruised. Had I not had the belt on it would've been much worse, guaranteed.

Yeah for real some people are massive whiny children.
What's the fuss? They're not even uncomfortable 90% of the time

Because "don't tread on me" and anti-intellectualism are directly related

HOLY SHIT THAT WAS FUCKING AWESOME

>people make such a big fuss
Never happens.

people have been killed/seriously injured by people not wearing their seatbelts and turning into projectiles at whatever speed they crashed you know

did he lose his timbs

>Be me
>headed home in Chevy Suburban with mom and brother
>get T boned on a sidestreet by crackhead traveling 80mph
>tfw when no seat belt
>tfw when jumping between front and rear seat
>tfw didn't even have a bruise
>tfw seat belts are unnecessary. If you get hit hard enough to be killed, the seatbelt wont save you

Holy macaroni!!

So would being sober.

The dumbfuck drove into a rock in his lofted Cherokee with the bumpers removed for muh abbroach angle

The belly full of hipster beers didn't help either

This.
Also, good job.

Wow

Sitting on his knee with his other leg in a ballet pose.
So fancy~

When I was a little kid my second grade teacher insisted that seatbelts were dangerous and that she never wore hers. She also kept magazines with what she called "artistic" photos (re: erotic nudes) in the classroom's art project supply cabinet.

Looking back, she was a total nutjob. I've always wondered if the reason she didn't come back the next year was if she got fired.

This