/lozg/- Legend of Zelda General

The adventure begins.

ATTENTION: SPOILERS ARE EVERYWHERE. You have been warned.

This is a general about all Zelda games, mainline and spin-offs like Hyrule Warriors, and all discussions related to the LoZ series.
All Breath of the Wild discussions are welcome.

>Link CompilationThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinSheikah LoreThe Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Video PlaylistNews/DevelopmentsZelda comics and MangaArt Collection
flickr.com/photos/historyofhyrule/

>I never played a Zelda game, where should I start from?
zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/best-zelda-game-for-new-players-to-start-with-a-brief-recommendation-guide.52290/
Otherwise, ask for recommendations in this thread.

>List of Zelda games currently available on this gen's consoles
nintendo.com/games/game-guide?pv=true#/filter/-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|zelda
3DS has the N64 Zelda remakes plus NES, SNES, GBC Virtual Console.
Wii U has the GC Zelda HD ports plus NES, SNES, N64, GBA, Wii and DS Virtual Console.

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PnuC8baNGkw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Anyway to get Japanese audio and English text with homebrew?

Why does Nintendo think the Switch is a good idea?

Is there a difference in performance between handheld and TV mode on the Wii-U version?

It's a good idea. It's literally them backing out of the console market in favor of a handheld. They always had that to fall back on unlike Sega.

This Microsoft and Sony have the PC/console market but are lacking in the handheld market, that's where Nintendo comes in.
It's their smartest move really.

Is it safe to install botw on the internal memory, rather than on a usb?

I'm overwhelmed by how much shit I'm allowed to do. Never really been into open world games. The worst part is, none of it feels like 'busy work' so it all feels important to do.

This is an excellent game.

So the twist is that there is no twist?

All the spoilers on the story sound so boring, what can you guys tell me about the great things about the story? What makes the story great? and dont just desribe the story, you can spoil it, i dont give a fuck

There's no twist, m8. I think the lore is more interesting than the story that progresses throughout the game.

well, whats the lore!

The moment you begin to play you stop giving a single fuck about the story trust me.
You just want to explore

The Switch is fantastic
I dont even have a TV so its just perfect, its also smaller and lighter than I thought it would be
Totally worth it already in my opinion

Link was a royal guard appointed by the princess to protect hyrule. Ganon attacks hyrule, hijacks all of your guardians and turns them against hyrule. Almost everyone dies in the battle. Link is defeated and zelda sends him to some underground Chamber to sleep for 100 years while zelda stays with Ganon in order to seal him, waiting for the day link returns to save her and all of hyrule.

That's I know so far. I'm sure more history is explained the further you go and the more characters you meet.

Most of the story already happened before you wake up, so there's not much happening in the game itself. It's not great, but it sets a decent depressing mood for the game. But yeah, I wouldn't go in expecting anything amazing.

What's the last rune supposed to be? The one on the right of Cryonis, I mean

This game is so good, anons. I'm. Honestly speechless.

The only way this game gets better is framerate fix (unlikely) and hard mode. I can't wait for fucking Breath of the Wild Master Quest

so its like MGSV?

So is the strategy guide available digitally or scanned yet?

You can take photos with your not-smartphone, selfies included.
You can take pictures of enemies and items and build up an encyclopedia.
You actually need to take pictures for some quests.
You can also have your smartphone alert you of items in your in your encyclopedia the same way it alerts you when a shrine is near.

How's it run on Wii u?

How does it work? How do you even unlock it?

Expect a lot of fps drops when there are a lot of objects in one area or strong wind effects.

I honestly don't mind it, and thus is coming from someone who is primarily a PC gamer.

If I was playing this on PC and frames would drop like that I'd certainly lower my settings.
Especially near stables and in villages you have to enjoy silky smooth 20 fps often.
In the wilderness it's usually okay as long as you don't have 10 explosions going on at the same time.

>OP fucks up pastebin links
>no one will fix this ever because they're too lazy to do anything other than copy and paste

It's part of the main quests, you use it like every other ability.
Everything you need to know will be explained once you unlock it.

I'm in the yiga hideout from the gerudo quest
Where the hell do I find the thunder helm
Also is there any way to get spirit orbs other than shrines

Is it possible to get Epona in the game without the amiibo?

Anyone?

Where's the second chest in Mo'a Keet Shrine? I found only one, but the chest symbol doesn't appear on its name

No I installed and now my wii u is releasing mustard gas, whatever you do don

It adds DLC-support.
Unless you have a compatible Amiibo it doesn't really do anything.

Fine for the most part but has some significant drops and for me once or twice it has hung when attacking an enemy for a little bit

Well nevermind, found it

Anyone gotten stats on the fierce deity sword yet?

Magnesis

So how do I attack without a weapon?

Bombs, magnesis

Fuck yeah toys r us has 10 units and I am third in line, thank you best employee for telling us

>go back to the first region to explore a bit
>see this flying around in the background

guess im not going for that tower

>the way you uncover the shrine that gives you the rubber boots
That was cheeky.
Now I can survive lightning which is pretty badass.

Go for it, don't worry

Yo where can I get this Skyrim mod?
It looks pretty cool

Talking about dragons... Has anyone one figured out the answer to the riddle of the shrine that is related to the "forest dragon"? is it the green dragon from or a geographic landmark that looks like a dragon?

I threw the deku stick i got at the start and it phased through the floor so i have no weapon or any way to beat the enemy i can see

There aremore treebranches lying around you can also be sneaky and grab a bokoblins weapon before he does.

There's weapons all over just find one

Do you mean that shrine quest that goes something like "where the dragon splits its jaws", the one you get from the birdbro with the harmonica?

It's a location but that dragon is going to play a part in it too.

Do tell? Do you know where the climbing boots are?

If you take a picture of him with your camera, the encyclopedia entry will tell you that dragons are chill, just don't get to close or he might hurt you without noticing.

So I've got the EUR version of BotW on my NA Wii U, and I can get it to run and play fine, but I'd like to get an NA version so I can just turn the console on and play. The only problem is that I'm like twelve hours into the game by this point and worried about my save file.

Is there a way that I can switch out the BOTW to the US version so I don't need to run Mocha every time I start (to access region-free)?

How the fuck do I get the Thunder Helm from Riju? I've done every side quest in Gerudo Town.

THE FIRST BAD REVIEW OF THE NEW ZELDA HAS BEEN POSTED

youtube.com/watch?v=PnuC8baNGkw

IT DOESNT TASTE GOOD

Anyone managed to solve the Plamore shrine riddle "When the two kneel in reverence" something

>Used my Link amiibo yesterday and only got a weapon
>Use it today and Epona fucking pops out

I'm conflicted guys, I only just got to kakariko village and it kinda feels like cheating to use this horse considering getting a one coloured horse takes a lot of effort

Can Symin sell Blight boss pictures?

How do you use amiibos for stuff in it? Just tap at any time?

yeah, you unlock it in the options to use the amiibo skill on your sheikah slate and then target the ground and tap an amiibo

Why use amiibo in the first place? Its there for the ultra casuals

where the fuck do I go to even do anything

cause I want the hero tunics honestly. But they're a random drop from a list of things

Dude, earn it legitemately. This is all the game is about

you can't get the hero tunics from other games through the game itself

How's he supposed to "earn" amiibo exclusive items without using the amiibo?

There is a hero tunic in this game

He doesn't. he sticks to what's avilable and doesn't break immersion by having items fall from the sky

I know that enemies respawn with the bloodmoon, but do chests/weapons laying outside?

Im serious where the fuck do I go? What the helldo I do? Ive been playing since last night and Im still stuck on that goddamn mountain with no idea of anything? am I supposed to fight that fucking rock thing? just take a leap off the cliff? what?

>waaa stop playing a game the way you want too play it the way I say

Open world

Do whatever you want to do.

Geez, talk about throwing pearls to the pigs.

Do what the old man you meet in the beginning tells you, it's pretty obvious.
You are basically stuck in the tutorial.
Have you visited and beaten the 4 shrines yet?

Thats the thing I have no fucking idea what to do, theres nothing, even in fucking minecraft I had some idea of what to do, but this is just "Alright heres a world."

Don't forget about the Tetraforce:
▲ ▲
▲ ▲

You are very stupid
Openthe menu and go to quests, there is a marker on your map, go there to awaken the towers

Holy shit these framerate drops when docked are fucking killing me

Please god tell me it's going to be a bit better when i'm out of the starting area.

This is fucking gross

opinion time
imo the story by itself is really basic and you get the meat of it by the time you finish great plateau, rather i think what is interesting to discover are the little bits of characterization for both guardians and Zelda you get from memories, and seeing your beginnings as zelda's knight up until the end of hyrule in little bits around the world is pretty nifty
it's much less focused than on previous zeldas a-la SS or TP but imo it's more enjoyable than the latter, it's completely non-pretentious but well executed

MM still is the best though

Tried asking this on /hbg/ but didn't get much of a response

I downloaded BotW when it was leaked along with the update that was necessary to play it. I played it for a while on the down-low, but now it's past release.
So I have a few questions.
Will I be safe to use the eShop and/or the Internet in general now? I have the European copy on an American Wii U, mind you. I might download the American version later, but not now.
Do I need to update anything else? I heard that the leaked update might be improperly signed so I'll have to download the update from Nintendo. Is that true? If so, can I just get that from Software Download or will I have to grab it from NUS?
Is there anything I can download to get the Season Pass in the game, now that it's released? Or would I have to wait for the DLC to actually be released and download that?

Anyone knows what the point is of the glowing orb the Hino drops at Uten Marsh? The orbs are usually found in shrines but it's the first time I've seen one out in the world and near a "mini-boss" at that

Why is Link such a twink in this game?

So where/what is the Animal Master boss from the dump?

so the second area you glide to after the starting area, how do i climb it's tower? there are lazer robots able to hit me from every side; am i supposed to come back when im strong enough to withstand their hits/kill them?

You can glide to many areas however with that one just take it fairly slowly and you'll avoid them entirely.
If that doesn't work out, go somewhere else entirely.

What are some recipes that grant temporary hearts? I keep trying to find one but I just keep getting stuff that replenishes more hearts

I just met the Fang and Bone trader but he left after the conversation and i didnt see where he went. Anybody know?

Im not talking about the ones walking around, there are stationary ones (three of them) that are stopping me from climbing up. has anyone found a way around them? its the central tower

He sets up in Kakariko I believe

Very quickly get to each platform whilst you're climbing it and they can't hit you. I just did it about 3 hours ago.

It's in one of the shrines. I wish I could tell you which one but I've beaten close to 80 so far.
And the rubber pants are in those red mountains close to the northeast of the map where it always rains and where the thunder dragon hangs out. There's a rito playing the accordeon and in front of him, a very suspicious little mont. You drop a metal weapon on the top of it and wait for the lightning to do its job

Is it worth upgrading the Soldier Armor? As in, the stuff from Hateno, or should I find something better?

Be as fast as you can. Use platforms for cover to reset their targeting, you'll be okay.

yeah.
Thanks, ended up finding it and thankfully I had one of the dragons scales

Only just now talking to Impa after 7 hours playing.

This game is something else

Why does Famitsu lick Nintendo's ass by giving perfect score?

Anyone bought the oficial guide? Can someone dump it on the internet?

why not? if you like the armor... Plus, each armor upgrades with different materials.

Fuck, I did the Zora dungeon before doing the memories quest they give you in Kakariko.
Did I miss anything that can't be obtained again?

>that screenshot
Be sure to visit second village and get to the lab asap, you'll love new rune.

Someone already knows a good way to make some money instead of farming rocks on the death mountain?

Is there any way to repair the Hylian Shield once it breaks? Or reclaim it?

I blocked 25 laser shots and after that it broke and was gone from the inventory.

Wait for blood moon and kill the stallnox again

>you'll be ok
this is the first time in a long time ive believed someone when they said that. time to climb

Ay other cuties in this game