Are CAIs a meme?

Are CAIs a meme?

Yes

No

Maybe

So

AND YOU'RE NOT SO BIG

YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME NOW

In a 370Z the Stillen CAI actually decreases power because the intakes are at a position where hot air accumulates.

Life is unfair

SOMEBODY ONCE TOLD ME

yes, those are about the stupidest things you can buy. nevermind the fact a plain paper filter actually filters better. those short ram intakes rely on the filter media being plugged with debris to actually filter out more debris coming in, like a snowball effect

when i was a mechanic one of the other guys in the shops cousin brought his 3 or 4 year old gasDodge Ram in that had like 300,000+km from going across Canada all the time. had a absolutely fucked lifter noise, had a short ram intake since near new and we ended up diagnosing it as debris let into the oil from the short ram causing it

no way in flying fuck id run one on any of my vehicles, if youre a ricer and want some supposed "throaty" noise they give while sacrificing your engine in the process have at it

:-)

if your vehicle is NA then yes it'll more than likely do more harm then good, if you are running FI then no

>km
There's you're problem you're using fake units

us Canadians switched to Metric 38 years ago, you Yankee fucks and some tiny ass country in west Africa are the only ones still using Imperial

Honestly, wouldn't it make more sense to get a bigger filterbox from another car if you're concerned about flow?

only if you dont tune the ecu accordingly after you install it

Normal gasoline has a stoichiometric air fuel ratio of 14.7:1. 'Stoichiometric' is a chemical term that refers to the required ratio of fuel and air for complete combustion. Again, if you failed chemistry this means that on pump gas we need 14.7 parts air to mix with one part fuel.

Unless your car is 30 years old, Cai will do nothing for you

Suddenly, minivans are being flocked to at scrapyards. Opening the hood to any reveals the intake system and filter housing are gone; on rare occasions even the throttle body.

Unless by ecu you mean carb, you don't need to tune for a fuckin intake

They can definitely make your na car/shitbox sound better rather than doing exhaust work but unless your car is trying to breathe through a straw with a cigarette butt as a filter, it won't do more than MAYBE 1hp at redline

Measure your air intake temperature before and after. If it's higher after you fell for the meme. Engines need to be fed cold air to meet emission standards. Stock intakes are restrictive to cut down on cabin noise but they're usually in the best location.

I think one of the biggest misconceptions regarding intakes or any other 'bolt-on' modification (exhaust included) is it does absolutely nothing unless you re-tune your fueling. Your fuel tables dictate the exact amount of fuel your injectors will release at a specific RPM. This amount of fuel has a finite amount of air that it can use to combust. The extra air you are bringing in or exhausting is doing absolutely nothing. In fact, I would argue that in most cases it even reduces the performance of your engine

no but hot air intakes are
400 degrees Fahrenheit is the ideal temperature

how big is a minivan engine? say an odyssey

7-8 liters

3.5L v6 J35 in odessy

pic semi related, the 3.5L 2gre in the sienna however, feeds from the front to a very short path to folter then throttle

most off the shelf CAI are actually just taking warm air from the engine compartment.
pretty sure some YT mechnicfags mythbusted this whole meme along time ago

Oxygen sensors compensate for that up to a point, untill you get to huge differences. Also maf sensor and map sensor, the computer will know if extra air is coming in and make use of it up to a point.

of course you do fuccboi, because you should also be adding an exhaust and better injectors at the same time other wise its pointless

more fuel and air means more go fast

That's not the point of cold air intakes.

For all the chemistry talk you missed the simple fact that colder air is denser. Meaning 1 liter of cold air holds more particles than 1 liter of hot air. This is why superchargers and turbochargers have intercoolers, because compressed air gets hot, hot air has less particles, so let's cool the air and thus increase particles.

A Cai is supposed to take in cold air, meaning more particles end up in the cylinder. Of course they don't work, at all, and often are worst than original intake.

Yes

the density of the air between the hot air outside and the cool air of what would go through this CAI is fucking minimal.

You'll get much more air density via turbo

I got mine for the sweet intake & turbo sounds 2bh

>For all the chemistry talk you missed the simple fact that colder air is denser
Its fucking insignificant dude

the air density doesn't change much to matter between fucking 70f and 90f

Idk man its a difference of 1.19 kg/m^3 vs 1.15 kg/m^3 between 21 C and 32 C

How much does that effect performance? Idk.

I'm just answering the question of how they work theoretically and why it should worth theoretically.

That's allot of miles and, you were most likey running a cheaper one.

If you have ever used a turbo car youd know it does....

Maybe not on an N/A car but turbo yes,