Dbt [Daily Bike Thread]

[ D a i l y - B i k e - T h r e a d ] - /dbt/

you may only post in this thread if your bike has AT LEAST one exhaust per cylinder edition

>Motorcycle Questions & Answers
>Motorcycle Routes & Meetups
>Motorcycle Gear & Accessories
>Motorcycle Adventures & Blog Posts
>Motorcycle Pictures & Webms

/dbt/ map:
google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator:
cycle-ergo.com/

Noob? Git gud:

webums with sounds:

Previously on /dbt/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lIfcvC3e3KY
lexington.craigslist.org/mcy/6084273116.html
lexington.craigslist.org/mcy/6083941636.html
youtube.com/watch?v=8dU7WZhTUX4
youtube.com/watch?v=LcwKN2rKfag
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That looks eerily similar

Xth for slightly used Daytona

will my GS sell? :/

it's stock, immediate issues are gone and not abused by the cancerracer meme.

pls, i just want to move on to a """bigger""" bike, as some faggots say

Anything will sell if you know how to sell and know how to price it right

you should try and compare the FZ07 to the Shiver
i gues plagiarism still is a form of flattery, but even then...

But unlike yours, it's not tweaked/bent/somehow unstraight

I hate to anthropomorphize a motorcycle, but it even looks sad/dead

>Insurance Adjusters face when
How can afford to keep totaling bikes?

It's easy to figure out that the garage space required for one mid sized car can just as well accommodate up to six motorcycles, and a single garage space is a rather easy goal in life. But what would be your personal dream half dozen to stuff into it?

instead it is because i cocked up the torque on one of the retaining bolts

Made a good noise. Shame it was a rust bucket and wouldn't start below 5C.

T H I C C

1 cylinder > 2 exhaust ports > 1 pipe

i have 3 garages and only 2 bikes
if your question was a 6 bike roster i'd say
>Shiver 750/900/1200
>a bmw boxer
>ninja 636
>a dirtbike/shitbike with knobbies
>some scoot
>one of those DCT bikes to molest

On a scale of 1 to 10, how much like a leafblower does the FZ6 sound with the stock exhaust?

pffffbrtbrtbrtbrtbrtbrt/10

Cheeky you don't know what perspective is

I've set on a shiver and a fz09. The shiver is sexual feeling but I don't really want to go down in power at this point. I miss v twin torque though

And the fz09 felt super low. I'm not wild about it. I'm surprised they haven't made a faired version yet

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Extremely like a sewing machine until you get to 8k room

>mfw third day on first bike and you accidently wheelie it

After the initial freakout my helmet could hardly contain the shit eating grin on my face.

Finally paid off. Selling it to put money down on a 16 brutale 800rr dragster.

I'm still too scared to do proper wheelies on the DL as I have no insurance.

How do you accidentally wheelie?

1. turn the throttle when on first
2. keep turned up to 8krpm
3. ????
4. suddenly wheelie

Does this count?

youtube.com/watch?v=lIfcvC3e3KY
How do you accidentally ride straight into a car?

I love youtube.

I love that video so much

1) My current MG Griso 2)MG Le Mans 3)MG California 1400 4) MG MGS01 5)Honda CR500 6)Ducati 750GT

Are bikes a good substitute for friends?

Yes

I need more ground clearance. I keep banging up the exhaust and bottom of the fairings when I'm popping over curbs and rocks and shit.

How much of a difference do the 20-30 hours of compulsory training that Yuropians have to do (compared to the US) realistically make?

I'd go as far and say women

Judging by how I learned, school of hard knocks, enough to teach you the basics and get you on the road. But you will still be a shit inexperienced rider.

>Cb350f
>Husqvarna fe350
>Fz1
>Ducati s1000 sport classic
>Honda cx500 build
>Harley CVO Dyna

Bikes with friends is even better

fucking hell

Bikes are a great way to meet friends.

Big difference if you don't take any courses, no difference if you do.

There are some basic techniques and ideas that I know for a fact some people manage to ride for years without knowing. This causes issues in panic situations, so not great riders.

But if you get some basic instruction and a safe place to understand the limits of a bike (such as a day course or weekend course), or if you just take it upon yourself to find a parking lot and a knowledgeable friend, then I'd say it makes almost no difference.

so you just pissed money away for nothing, for a bike you didn't want...

brb fellas, taking pics of my bike so i can put it up for sale

Nope I bought a bike that I wanted for a starter bike, put about 6k on it and want something faster. I got it for dirt cheap 4500 and I my buddy already offered 5500 for it. It's a great bike and would keep it if I could afford multiple bikes but alas I can't.

Open the throttle completely in low gear.

>6k on a pretty fast bike
>want something faster already

What for?

Also in what kind of shit place do you live where bikes cost any substantial amount?

What bike

Where is his corpse

I live in Rochester NY.
12 Monster 796

lexington.craigslist.org/mcy/6084273116.html
Oh my.

But the courses we get here in yurop are designed to not only understand the limits of a bike, but also knowing how to control it properly and how to react in emergency situations before we even go riding on the streets. And not the calm and empty roads, no, right into the hell where stalling means blocking an entire town. In my case, the most wealthy town in the country and you can bet your arse than they don't like being held up and those fancy cars don't have calming horns.

How much is owning a bike per year (in road legal state)?
I'm paying about €300/y, going down every year as my insurance goes down (about €10 every year)

Other side of the road, also not a corpse apparently.

Is the riding position on SlowVehicle650S as awful as it seems?

>never ridden one
>calls it slow

Not as nice as a Ninja 500. Still OK though.

how can you find out if you haven't rode one yet?

6"3, really want a sports bike for my first 600, am I being an idiot? I'm looking at the zx6r and cbr600, but also tempted by the bandit 650s for comfort. Suggestions?

lexington.craigslist.org/mcy/6083941636.html
dammit

>shitbike defense force can't handle -any- banter
As expected.
I sat on it, seems like it's back cramp waiting to happen compared to ER6 and FZ6, which are my other options.

How much for the rearsets?

>banter
It'd be banter if it was somewhat true though.

I just looked up the specs.
It's not a particularly quick bike. You could call it slow even.

>slow
youtube.com/watch?v=8dU7WZhTUX4

>slow
youtube.com/watch?v=LcwKN2rKfag

>First 600
First 600 or first bike?

First 600, i've done my time learning on my 125. I'm doing my direct access at the end of the month and want something I can enjoy and look after.

Fz6 is p comfy and decently quick. Not that fast but fast enough

What are your trying to prove? That it can accelerate on a straight line?

Get a litre faggot 600s are a dead market in the EU

You """learn""" stuff but that doesn't mean shit. Bad riders will be bad riders. As long as you get taught it, it doesn't matter how long you were taught it for.

I did a 2 day course (I think 16 hours total) and it was everything from learning how2clutch to emergency avoidance and loss of traction simulations. I feel like that could be cut down to 8 hours or so if you already know how to ride (the whole first day we basically only learned the basics, didn't even get into 2nd gear iirc).

So yeah, I think that 4-8 hours of course + knowing how to actually control a bike is sufficient. Knowing how to control a bike without knowing what it feels like to be in panic situations isn't enough. But 20-30+ hours? Seems excessive. Not sure what you could have possibly learned extra other than perhaps having lengthier in-class practice.

Why? I'm seeing plenty of 600's in local ads

>will my GS sell? :/

No. No more GS will ever be sold. Kek wills it.

>How can afford to keep totaling bikes?

Seek competing quotes! My bro who was into good old fashioned redneck insurance fraud knew that insurance companies don't really give a shit about wrecks, so when he totalled a vehicle he'd switch companies after the payout.

BTW if you need to total a car or truck, buckle the cab floor. Also for trucks, bend a front frame horn in the crush zone. For cars, smash either rear quarter sufficient to crumple the trunk and rear suspension mounts.

Bikes? Sneeze at them and they're done.

Modern bikers crash at least monthly so plan your fleet accordingly. Crashing is cool and you should treat the street like the track because they both have pavement.

>How do you accidentally ride straight into a car?

By deliberately avoiding all the other options.

what is the Miata of the bike world

You on a restricted bitch license or fully unrestricted? If the latter get a fazer thou, or get an older R1 and take it steady if you are desperate for a sportsbike.

Where in the UK are you?

>Not sure what you could have possibly learned extra other than perhaps having lengthier in-class practice
How about KNOWING how to do that, not having done it a few times.
Yes, after the first few lessons I could ride that bike no problem. But I was still doing shit consciously, not automatically.
My instructor regularly let me do shit I didn't do for weeks and expected me to do it perfect the first try.

The amount of people here asking the most basic questions shows me proper riding lessons would help out a lot.
I wonder if it's even mandatory to know all parts of a bike and how to check if it's right or not.

Noob rider needs new short boots without looking like a gaudy Italian power ranger or a hipster douche..

Any suggestions for the best looking motorcycle shoes? think of retro gentleman rider theme please

>modern bikers crash at least monthly
This is true. I go through bikes like bottles of lube

>need short boots
No you don't. You need proper boots.

Can I wear those with kevlar jeans?

I seeking a high end boot, any suggestions?

Get cheap leathers and some low end riding boots with ankle support, ya noob

what's your budget

a miata missing 2 wheels

>think of retro gentleman rider theme please
Just kill yourself, you'll look great.

I need suggestions for good looking yet safety minded gear; I don't want to end up looking like a fashion victim or a power ranger or worse end up with asphalt in my arse

No thanks, I look great already

Here, this is the latest fashion for people like you

Has anyone else turned into a completely reckless faggot since starting riding?

I remember thinking to myself "Oh, I'll always just go the speed limit".

"Oh, I'll never speed. I don't want to die. Hell, I might even just avoid highways all together"

Fast forward to today, some ducati rolled up behind me (Gixxer) at a stop light and I tried to get him/her to race. Even gave the faggot a thumbs up and he/she didn't do so much as a nod. I took off, hit 120 in a 45, and then see this faggot slowly crawl up in my mirror doing the speed limit.

god

what a loser

very helpfull thanks ;0

>Has anyone else turned into a completely reckless faggot since starting riding?

Yes.

>tfw torn between the economy of 600s but want the power and torque of 1000+

I'm looking at getting a cruiser for this reason

Only sometimes.
I notice that when I don't have a grill that cares for me I'm riding like a fucking maniac, like going 160-180 on 60 roads. Otherwise I'm not going 20km/h over.

Get a S1000R

As expected of a gixxer owner

Looking for a new exhaust for my bike. Too many options, don't know what I should get.

>FMF Powercore 4
>FMF Q4
>Pro Circuit T-4
>Yoshimura Street RS-2
>DG O-Series
>DG V2

Any suggestions? I've been running the factory exhaust for 6 years, but it's dented to shit now and any of the aftermarket options are 6-10lbs lighter.

I'd like to stay under 96db, 94 would be even better.

>Economy of 600s
It's a meme. Fuel economy is proper shit on these m8e

If you can afford a 1000 you don't need the economy of a 600.

Would you guys trust your bike to take you on a 1000 mile road trip?

There's no comparison really
In terms of bike style I'd say a 250 supersport
But there's so many options if you want one of those, where as Miata was usually the only player in that segment

Only 1600km?

Last holiday was 7000km.