E31 Appreciation Thread

Lets see some appreciation for the original 8 series.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VpvrRB79koU&app=desktop
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>original 8 series

Is there a new one coming out?

HNNNNNNNNGGGG

>appreciating possibly the worst resale value trend in automotive history and endless electrical gremlins and reliability problems.

kek

Rumors, but there was supposedly a M8 Version of the i8 in the works.

Also all the v8's came in auto only in the states.

Is it hard to swap them to stick?

What rumours were they?

T H I C C

Most were automatic in the first place, though I also see no sense in sending the rarer manuals to the niggers of automotive culture who consider shifting in their povo-spec $3k 90s Honda Civics to be an accomplishment.

beautiful

>tfw no manual v12 coupe to go 300kph with on the Bahn
youtube.com/watch?v=VpvrRB79koU&app=desktop

>tfw no 850CSi
>tfw no Alpina B12
>tfw have to make do with my E32 and 38 750's
Life is suffering. I want a poor mans super car so bad it hurts at times.

Then you should get a 996 Turbo very soon, and leave these stupid junkyard cars to the crusher. They will never get cheaper.

E31 is junk.

Every bmw dealership in the USA has their "E31 guy" that has the money (barely) to keep one of these stupid mong machines running. The car itself usually lives at the dealership at least 1/3 of the year waiting on parts. Also, every independent "euro specialty shop" always has one or two of these in the back that the owner never picked up and paid repairs on.

These are automotive black holes that everyone claims to love, until they actually own one.

Then it becomes an albatross around your neck thay is constantly trying to peck your eyes out.
I hate to sayin, but the 645/650/M6 is a "better" car to punish yourself with. At least you'll get to drive the 6-er once in a while.

General consesus is that the SL is a better car in every way imaginable.

It's a nice looking car though.

th-thick...

which one, /V/?

>v8
I thought it was v12 only

Holy shit I creamed my pants

what the fuck are those s85 swapped?

>v8
>implying anyone but a burgercuck would care about them when there's a V12

These are handsome cars, they almost feel like German muscle. I wonder if BMW is afraid to bring them back because there's so much competition now. You have stuff like the Corvette on one end and Porsches/Aston Martins on the other.