Hello Veeky Forums please diagnose my problem

I'm hearing a strange clunk or maybe thumping noise (I'm not good with 'naming' sounds) when I brake at low speeds. It's more noticeable when turning in the parking lot, ONLY with brakes on. There is no sound when braking in reverse. I've just had my brakes changed about 5 months ago. Also just had tie rod ends changed along with control arm last week.

Car is only 9 years old with 65,000 miles.

What could it be?

>What could it be?

Well considering as far as we know you're driving a 1997 nigger cock, with HIV drive, its going to be hard to tell.

Sorry an/o/n, I don't get the reference.

All we know is you're driving something 9 years old, which could just mean you're a pedophile, in which case

would be a better place for your question.

Good one.

It's a 2008 Cadillac CTS.

>Caddy
> Knew it was a nigger.

If its a repetitive thumping its possibly a CV joint. If its a singular thump, maybe Suspension related.

Can you determine where the noise is coming from?

Sounds like it's coming from around where the wheels are.

I have a trusted mechanic and I just got my car inspected. If it was a CV joint problem, would it be easy to miss?

If he didn't test drive it, yes.

But bad CV Joints should make noise all the time and not just when using the brakes?

No they only typically make noise when turning.

If you have a trusted mechanice then why are you asking an anonymoust sexual addiction and polka puppet sharing board?

Bad CV's usually show face under power and not braking.

That said your described symptoms could be anything between bad suspension bushings, a rotor with odd run-out or a whole hub with odd run-out.

The best way to diagnose is to get the vehicle on a lift and spin the wheel and start yanking on components.

Lift or jackstands I mean

Reminder that George Bush was Hank Hill in disguise.

This is what I understand to be true about CV joints. It's really a shame that I can't figure it out because the car rides so nice and it's more of an annoyance than anything else.

When you are driving along at 20mph is there just barely noticable

Whoop-whoop-whoop-whoop-whoop~

No noise at all. The noise only occurs when braking at low speeds and sometimes for a split second as I'm releasing my foot off the brakes.

Never happens in reverse.

it's a joint or a bearing

idk impossible to know without hearing it.

How do I compress a video file that is too large? I'm on my phone and I have two videos in which the noise is noticable...

Should I just upload them to YouTube?

cadillacforums.com
Second generation cts forum.
Ask there.

One of my front brakes on my truck is rubbing, and it makes noise.