Any actually drove the GT86 and have some opinions on it?

Any actually drove the GT86 and have some opinions on it?

I've heard it's a little underpowered considering it's marketed as a fun car. Don't want to go to a dealer test drive if they are 100% shit because once you test drive a car at a dealer they won't leave you alone.

>a little underpowered
>a little
>little

that's an understatement user, it's slower than fucking minivans

For the price it's certainly underpowered and overpriced. Also the interior is absolute shit tier, even on the 2017 facelift.

If it was just a tad cheaper, it would be a worthwhile buy.

I think the FiST/FoST is more fun and a better starting point around the same price point. Unless you wanna sacrifice that boost n turbo cause you're dead set on RWD.

Minivans can't drift dumbass

A rwd corolla but priced like a camry

Neither could the BRZ if it didn't have skinny fucking Prius bicycle tires scrub.

Priced like a wrx but with all the power and personality of a corolla

It's okay for the simple fact it's a RWD car. The positioning of the cabin is nice, the exterior is nice, the handling is nice, that's about it.

You really have to get some boost on these engines for the car to be anymore fun

I'd recommend a S197 4.6L Mustang over these for the simple fact they're cheaper and more fun

It's slightly under powered, about 20-30hp worth. It should dyno stock at like 190whp imo. but you can probably get that with bolt ons and a tune.

the biggest problem people perceive as under powered is probably the torque hole from 3-4.5k because thats where most normies drive when they think they are going fast.

the average fuckwit couldn't get the most out of 200hp on their best day so it really doesn't matter. buy for fun, not for hp.
an 86 with some parts is more than enough to satisfy anyone unless you're a highway pulling mong.

I can pull on Siennas from a dig.

You can buy a brand new BRZ for 24k. How much cheaper can it get?

Fiesta is fun too, but has a horrible seating position and even though it has 4 doors it's not a great people holder. Also, turbocharged 4 cylinders get old fast in a fwd car.

I must add, they're great cars for autocross, but I'd rather have a 2.0L miata over a BRZ still

At least it doesn't look like a Corolla like the WRX

yea but then youre stuck with a wide ratio awd pig.
power can always be added. you cant get rid of awd.

Unless you daily drive a Dodge Viper it's going to feel more than fast enough in the real world. The whole 'its slow' meme is just garbage touted by hideously obese journalists like Matt Farah who are surprised a 2.0 Japanese sports car doesn't have as much torque as a Corvette.

For the money it should already have power

Simply not true faggot. My friend was on the edge of wetting myself driving my Fiesta ST to a local school to show me how to drive manny. Every time he got in boost he would smile and say "ohh my car doesn't have this!". Well you can get it bud, for at least another 5k!

>buying japanese anything
>ever
There's a reason they lost WW2 you know, they can't engineer for shit, probably because they are too busy with their depraved sexual practices.

When 4 cylinder altimas are just as fast the car isnt going to feel more than fast enough

..ok?

the wrx is still literally worse. why would you pay 4k more for 50hp and get stuck with awd.
literally makes no sense. this is the retarded mind of a bench racer.

I bought a 4.6L Mustang over a brand new BRZ soooooooooooo

The people who say they are slow just don't know how to drive them. It's not like a V8 where the performance is accessible all the time, you have to work at it to make it fast.

They wanted to keep it NA. It's the most powerful NA 4 cylinder in north America.

Why not get a lightly used mustang gt instead?

By defying the laws of physics?
Car is slow. And thats that. If you like it, good for you.

0-60 when these things came out is 7.6 seconds same time a 4 cylinder cvt altima can get. Toyota may have fixed it but its too late

It's 1000lbs heavier.

But a Boss 302 would be fun

People who complain a GT86 is slow are the kind of person who would take a Ferrari F40 offroading and complain it got stuck. Basically if you say the GT86 is slow you're missing the whole purpose of the car and should fucking kill yourself as soon as is convenient.

Thats like winning the special olympics user. Nobody cares if you make 100hp/L if youve only two liters.

And double the power cylinders and torque

Do you mean the style or the quality? I don't really care much for the fake carbon fibre shit but it felt pretty high quality to me considering the price, seats are good and there's felt (maybe fake felt) on the doors and dash which is nice in my opinion.

>"it's slow"
said the kid who couldn't get the most out of a 90hp fiesta.

Either cheaper or come with a factory turbo and they would be Grade A.

I moved my brother's one about 3 feet once.

It was alright.

What the fuck are you talking about? It IS slow. 200hp might have been impressive 20 years ago, but not anymore

shit car for retards. sorry bought an overpriced underpowered hypebox idiot

>Advertised as a fun car
>Slower than a minivan

Explain to me how expecting a fun car to be somewhat fast is unwarranted. I'm not asking for sub-3 second 0-60 times nigger.

An unlaided Sienna in a straight line isn't something to shake a stick at.

You should check it out, go look at a used on at carmax or something. The steering is very direct and it's fun to toss into corners, but the steering doesn't have much feel. The ergonomics are spot on though, even the bolstering on the steering wheel is just right, unlike VAG cars.
As far as power goes it's slowish, but in a miata kind of way. It's not made for drag racing, but it's not going to lose speed on the corners like some cars will

Even the prelude had 200hp 20 years ago

>it's fun
End this meme. I drove one hard. It wasn't even fun. Honestly underwhelming

So the s2000 is slow?

Maybe if you hadn't burned yourself out smoking PCP every day you'd be able to experience joy like the rest of us. The car is fun to drive and that's an end of it, straight line speed is not important and even if it was the car has plenty of power to be quick in a straight line.

the only thing underwhelming is your driving.
post run / track vids.

S2000 actually made torque from the high redline

>torque from the high redline
fucking lol.

Youd need it when its just a n/a 4 cylinder

>straight line speed is not important
Oh ok. Thought for sure it mattered, but I guess not

Maybe if you weren't a massive fucking retard you wouldn't have bought a slow as fuck car AND defended it

That's not how torque works

on a track it matters more than anything else.
on a public road it hardly matters at all.

if you like doing pulls, then get a car with a lot of hp.
if you dont like doing pulls and like having fun on twisty roads.. then it literally doesnt matter.

is the 86 the memiest car on Veeky Forums?

>it literally doesnt matter
It DOES matter you stupid fuck. You could use the same argument with a fucking school bus, doesn't mean it's not shit

your arguments are so fucking bad..
can you post your cars tires?

im getting a heavy all-seasons vibe from you

You realize the majority of Veeky Forums is American, and the majority of American roads are wide, flat and straight
Props if you're lucky enough to live in a twisty road area, but for most people the fun to be had in a car is spinning tires and going fast

Watch Chris Harris' comparison between the 86, 370z and a Cayman. Best way to describe the car. All you fkn twats that only care about numbers: they mean nothing until you sit in the drivers seat yourself.

I test drove one today right after an ND miata, ND felt a little bit faster because of the torque curve. Also taking off in first was weird, i'd have to hold my foot on the throttle for a second or two before the engine would begin revving. Otherwise, it was really fun. The stock seat bolsters fit a guy my size (6'2" 230lbs) and held me in firm better than the miata's did. Also had a lot more headroom and the rear windshield was bigger than i expected and visibility all around was better than the miata with the top up.

>i-i drove it and i liked it!11!
>who cares if a minivan is faster!111!
>this random youtuber said its good!!!11!

I honestly hope you die in your sleep tonight.

>random youtuber
>most prolific car reviewer since jeremy clarkson
literal retard, even if you're pretending

HOLY SHIT!!! A COOL CAR REVIEWER SAID MY SLOW PIECE OF SHIT CAR IS GOOD. THAT MEANS IT'S GOOD, EVEN THOUGH IT'S FACTUALLY TERRIBLE

I've driven the FR-S, the BRZ, and the GT86 at this point...sticks and automatics.

Here's my take:

>Its slow
>The torque curve is fucking real
>A Miata is legit faster.
>Corners better than most in price range
>Interior is actually pretty poor, unless you get the BRZ Limited.

Its a good starter car, but not much more than that. If you like driving fast, used V8 Mustangs and Camaros are hitting this price range. If you like cornering and drifting, a Miata or a 370z is a better choice.

>claiming anything is factual after posting in all caps like a fucking baby to prove your opinions

You're so obviously a clueless spec sheet wanker.
I hate when /ovg/ and /socal meet/ kids leave their containment threads.

I wouldn't even waste time on it as a starter car desu

>deflection: the post
Just stop. The 86 is a slow piece of shit that can't turn. Claiming it's "fun" doesn't make it any better sweetie

I mean, I personally wouldn't either - but I do 40k mile a year on highways so I've always leaned towards something like my Charger.

From the cars i've driven, it definitely gives you a better 'experience' driving than most, save for maybe Porsche, a manual Miata/370z, but its just slow, the torque valley is atrocious, and the interior is hideous for being MY2017.

It feels slow. Turning on sort mode improves this slightly. It's a toy designed specifically for drifting, not actually for racing.

It is actually a lot of fun, and the seats are pretty comfy, it's worth the test drive.

>can't turn
it can pull .94 lateral g's on the oem prius tires
claiming it 'can't turn' doesn't make your opinions relevant compared to facts

>86 can't turn
It's literally the only thing it can do. You need to work on better bait. This is just pathetic.

>sweetie
not him but suicide is the best option for you

You have to redline it to make it go, but the transmission is extremely short-geared, so it's designed to do this. The automatic is useless, because you want to keep it above 5k rpm while accelerating to get your kicks. It's a very weird car. Not bad, just weird.

>all these toyobaru fangirls defending a rwd prius

>A chassis that turns so well people slap their Ferrari engines into it doesn't turn

This is some next-level bait.

>Ass pained he got proven wrong.

>their Ferrari engines
Those "people" were retards to begin with

>assblasted his "fun" car has literal prius tires

who is this penis pontiff

>Anally annihilated that it turns on literal prius tires unlike his favorite gm car.

Sabrina Holmes

Retards with access to cars and engines costing 2 to 3 times the actual cost of the 86.

Some Arab oil sheik just paid untold hundreds of thousands to fit a quad-turbo v12 into his.

Millionaires are buying these for engine swaps because of how well they turn.

>can't even deny his shitty car has literal prius tires
Enjoy your torque valley

>Changing the subject.
Ya lost, sweetie. Time to drive that shitbox car of yours right off that cliff since it can't turn. Unlike the toyobaru

>Some Arab oil sheik just paid untold hundreds of thousands to fit a quad-turbo v12 into his.
What a retard lmao. Hope he likes prius tires

MFW when his whole argument revolves around prius tires. prius doesn't even make tires.

>toyobaru fangirls LITERALLY giving up
Maybe it's time to just switch to a prius lmao

>prius doesn't even make tires.
Literal retard. The 86 has the same tires that the prius has

>LITERALLY can't argue after he got btfo about it turn on LITERAL prius tires.
Stay mad, fag. Maybe if you suck enough cocks you might be afford something better than a geo metro.

>still no argument
Enjoy your econobox

>Still ass blasted he got proven wrong.
Just give up, you're embarrassing yourself.

>can't engineer for shit.

That's why this car beat the shit out of every American car when released.
Honda out engineered the shit out of American companies all throughout the last half of the 20th century. They got a V8 Impala, put their own engine in it and made it a thousand times better. Made GM look like a bitch.

this is what Veeky Forums is now.

chatbot cattle dropping advertisements disguised as posts.

I'm in a twisted fucking cyperpunk dystopia. Fuck. When did this shit even happen?

September 1993

I'm lokkin but I ain't see no prius brand tires.
You sure your literate?

Also slower than a Fiesta ST, kek

t. FiST owner

I don't know what's more sad the defensive mongoloids continuing to bump the thread or the autistic children making daily threads about a car they hate.

FACTUALLY the GT86 is not impressive. But literally every respectable automotive reviewer has claimed that the GT86 is a great car and worth of praise and it's price. You can keep being autistic or you can go and try one out

>mfw these threads are still being made every day
>each one strives to go further down the faggot ladder

sage can help

>his experience with said cars didn't align with mine
>this must be a shill!

wew lad, you're a huge faggot

you would not want to be speeding now ???