What is the most affordable and reliable tool brand?

What is the most affordable and reliable tool brand?

Lowes or home depot brand. Not super reliable. Could just go harbour freight. Cheap as fuck. Reliable as your ex girlfriend though. It's always a trade off. Start with cheap/decent tools. Replace what you use most with nicer stuff.

Pittsburgh pro is really good

Snap on, will never snap off

I've broken some snap ons. Nice thing is they don't care how the fuck you broke it. You just get a new one.

ya but snap on will use a strap on on your wallet

USA made Craftsman

>You just get a new one.
yeah, but since you paid $800 fucking dollars for a 18 piece 3/8 drive ratchet set. your cucked for life

If we're talking cheap, I agree. I have some pittsburgh pro stuff in my home tool cart and it's just fine.

Expensive shit, Snap on has lasted 10 years so far on some of my oldest tools without a hickup. And I use them all day every day. A few here and there had to be exchanged, but it was free and easy.

>Could just go harbour freight. Cheap as fuck. Reliable as your ex girlfriend though. It's always a trade off. Start with cheap/decent tools. Replace what you use most with nicer stuff.

I've heard this spouted off over the years, but I've never had any harbor freight tools break on me. I needed a scroll saw for something I was working on a few years ago and it was half the price at harbor freight compared to the big box stores. I ended up using it more times than I can count and it's still in great shape. I have used some higher end scroll saws since then, and while they definitely feel sturdier and make a better cut more easily, it's still working for when I need it. If I had a professional shop and relied heavily on it there's no way in hell I'd keep it, but it gets the job done and has been reliable for me.

this was true a few years ago but HF newer pro tools are legit af famili
also lifetime warranty on hand tool is gr8

You can buy dirt cheap stuff from HF, but I wouldn't. Tools, like good leather, should last a lifetime. If you're just an amateur I recommend Craftsmen

Literally doesn't matter.
Get craftsman or any other free replacement brand if you're not a professional.

>have crescent kit
>Use 3"x8' schedule 40 pipe to try remove union from ball joint
>use about 40 lbs of force
>40x7= 280lbs ft
We say seven feet because I doubt I held it at the very end
>Cast bench vise breaks

Crescent spanners and Suzuki steel is strong enough for the price.

What's wrong with craftsman

the price

also didn't sears sell craftsman to Stanley?
are they going to make their shit in china now?

Craftsman b. 2011

They've been making their shit in china for a while now, good thing my brother scooped up an american made 250 piece set before then

dam thats even worse

when was the last year they stopped making tools in usa?

>this thread, again

Teng, KC and SP seem to be great bang for buck and will continue to buy shit from these brands for more niche stuff. As an Ausfag I can't go past Kincrome for the more staple stuff like sockets, spanners and ratchets.

I used to get Sidchrome years ago but the quality of their ratchets specifically seems to have gone down in the past 5+ years. They feel and work more like Stanley (who owns Sidchrome now) tier ratchets these days with a Sidchrome price tag. Still have my original 15 year old sidchrome spanners and 3/8 socket set.

Tl,dr;
Teng, KC or SP.

Pittsburgh Pro
Unless you are a tech or a retired old man with a shit load of projects you really don't need anything else. Even that being said I know quite a few techs that like certain HF tools over Snapon, Craftsman, and Matco

>this post again

On the cheaper side I would figure out which return place is the closest and easiest. Craftsman is out because sears is dead. Lowe's and home Depot are about equal distance so I will generally go with kobalt. On some things I go more uparket as I don't want shit tolerances stripping bolts.
My go to box is us made craftsman. I have a set of snap on wrenches and sockets I got when they still had the flank drive patent.

I have a mix of HB / craftsman and the craftman are so much better I have yet to break one over the course of a few years of casual car repairs. The Hb on the other hand fucking suck, they break all the time, I mean yeah you can just go back and get a new one but seriously it gets really annoying when you need that tool to finish what you are doing and your car is in pieces. At this point I would rather just spend the extra money and get a tool that "probably" wont break the first time I use it

What I have had break from hb
> metric allen key 3 times ( 6mm one twice)
>every screw driver
>pliers
>drill bits are so bad can't count how many have broken even "highest" quality ones