Why do people not talk about the BMW M6 more often...

Why do people not talk about the BMW M6 more often? This car is faster than the GT-R and can be bought used for less than $20,000

Is the maintenance/reliability meme especially true with this or what? I feel like more people would be taking the gamble considering the price.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XTCFb6V7oT0
youtube.com/watch?v=rUwZs-RQkKI
youtube.com/watch?v=gXTIUdQbU0w
youtube.com/watch?v=7I0rilVtoqE
i182.photobucket.com/albums/x26/DaveMcBride/Odds and Sods 1/_MG_7438.jpg
i.ytimg.com/vi/Pcf37x4QxUY/maxresdefault.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=ioy1zeB49sU
m5board.com/vbulletin/e60-m5-e61-m5-touring-discussion/190863-2006-m5-engine-needs-replacing.html
carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/28887013
youtube.com/watch?v=nMuQGEOvuRM
youtube.com/watch?v=8k1DIrfNr48
youtube.com/watch?v=IVBr4VmW1c0
youtube.com/watch?v=_YPpjvXbfqg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>faster than the GTR

its 2 tons mate. id rather have a z4
also why would I care? it will probably use a lot of gas too

Rod bearings, oil consumption. Kind of a big deal.

>faster than a gtr
Lmao not a chance

I drive a z4m and even i wouldnt touch those things with a ten foot pole. Also
>faster than a gtr
No.

youtube.com/watch?v=rUwZs-RQkKI

Clarkson himself: youtube.com/watch?v=gXTIUdQbU0w

Now that we got that out of the way, lets get back to the question. Why aren't more people interested in the M6?

>muh cherry picked lap times
See the nurburgring, a 2010 model gtr on all seasons running in the WET is faster than anything bmw has made

Deal with it

>moving goal posts

no one gives a shit about track performance. the fact of the matter is that your piece of shit weebmobile gets BTFO in a street race by a 10 year old m6 that sells for $15k

>muh shifting goal posts

The M6 is by definition faster than the GTR. Maybe not around the ring, but it is faster.

gtrcucks on suicide watch

Op might be a bais faggot but the science behind it isnt hard to figure out
Gtr's got awd hence the faster 0-60
Bmw has that 7th gear

I personally would want the faster 0-60 and awd.

Oh, honey. I hate to break your heart, but you won't find a used F12 M6 for less than the price of a used GT-R.

>Why aren't more people interested in the M6?
A replacement engine is worth more than the car. Just buy an m3 gt's are lame

It's a middle-age hedge fund manager car, not a boyracer car.

7:08
Lmao cuckold
Beat that
You literally cannot

He's also confusing the unreliable piece of shit known as the E63 with the F12. The F12 is one hell of a car, but it's also nowhere near $20k used.

youtube.com/watch?v=7I0rilVtoqE

cheapest F12 M6 within 500 miles of me is 55k (not counting convertibles cause i dont like dicks in my ass). where are you seeing "under 20k"? this is right around what cheaper used GTRs cost.

Cute. Now you're playing semantics. It's called the M6. I type M6 into ebay motors and see that the M6 is being sold for $20k. That is really all there is to it. I type GTR into ebay motors and see its being sold for $100k. I type GTR vs M6 into youtube and see the GTR getting raped in every video. Deal with it kiddo

These are literally the same car

i182.photobucket.com/albums/x26/DaveMcBride/Odds and Sods 1/_MG_7438.jpg

i.ytimg.com/vi/Pcf37x4QxUY/maxresdefault.jpg

I typed M5 vs bugatti veyron into youtube and got this:

youtube.com/watch?v=ioy1zeB49sU

then i typed M5 into ebay motors and got pic related.

why would anyone drive a 1 million dollar veyron when they can just get a $15k bmw thats way faster?

dont even argue with my logic, thats being semantic.

OP's pic is not he F12, and I think he maybe trolling you.

>This car is faster than the GT-R
It's not.
>and can be bought used for less than $20,000
There's a reason why.

m5board.com/vbulletin/e60-m5-e61-m5-touring-discussion/190863-2006-m5-engine-needs-replacing.html

lol wtf, why do people perpetuate the godzilla meme and think the gtr is some god machine that cannot be beat? it got shit on by a bentley and m6. fucking trash.

Yea, because a Bentley and an M6 are basically like Hyundais and Kias, right?! I hear the new Forte offers a TT W12, TT V8 and NA V10 option!

>it got shit on
Lap times?

>bmw fags still so btfo about being inferior to an alfa romeo they make up lies about the gtr, the world's fastest volume production vehicle
Lmao

>fastest volume production vehicle

By your logic the Miata is the world's fastest volume production vehicle. Retard.

The miata doesn't hold a record st the nurburgring though... the gtr does

>bmw fags this btfo
Lmao

carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/28887013

It would be a hell of a gamble.
I would save at least double what you would pay for it in case anything breaks.

what in the fuck

I'm from Germany, see some really good deals here as well.
They are being sold at a certain mileage before a major maintenance is scheduld.

You ain't going to find a low mileage M6 for $20k with full service history.
A 645i is one hell of a car too, i'd just buy that.
The reason people don't talk too much about it is because most people here don't have more than $3K on their bank account or are still in high school taking the bus.
It's a pretty rare car too.

When do we get the m8

Never. We were collectively judged unworthy by the Bavarians.

>hehe stop arguing facts
>I googled something therefore I am correct

Are you actually retarded? Shitty damage control faggot

The current 6series will be replaced by the upcoming 8 series, so M8 before end of the decade

>Is the maintenance/reliability meme especially true with this or what?
You will have the famous M tax on all parts, but this generation of M cars seems to be a better ownership proposition from a reliability point of view than the previous gen with the V10.

Assuming you don't start fucking about and modifying it and keep it serviced properly it should be fine

Friend has the m6 v10
Its powerful. But still imho the 0-60 shpuld be a tad quicker.
It uses 22 liters even with eco driving. Oil consumption illegaly high too?

Why does he still like the car? Because hes a turk abd bmw over everything fag

Holy shit you are so fucking full of it dude.

A GTR is low 11 / high 10 sec car capable of hitting 195mph.
An M6 is a 12 sec car capable of 190mph.

So the GTR is faster off the line, faster to 60, faster to 100, faster with corners and has a faster top speed. This is even evident in your videos where the GTR trashes the M6 for 90% of the race and the M6 temporarily pulls out in front for 2 seconds as the race ends. Also I love it how you didn't post a proper off the line drag race but went straight after rolls.

Here's an M6 getting bussed from a slow roll:
youtube.com/watch?v=nMuQGEOvuRM

Here's a proper drag where the M6 got bussed again:
youtube.com/watch?v=8k1DIrfNr48

lol @ passing a Top Gear shits and giggles race off as the real thing. They had the slowest car (Bentley GT) finish first. Bentley GT does the quarter mile in mid/high 12s. No way in hell would it beat a GTR unless James May was driving-oh wait he was LMAO

I'm considering one going to test drive it soon looking at that a challenger or corvette

in your first video it's the old V10 powered E63 M6
In your 2nd video it's a drag race from a dig where 4wd has the obvious advantage
The current M5 F10 and M6 F13 are beating the GTR on a straight line 100% of times, stock for stock.

>complains about races from a dig where awd has the advantage
>demands you only compare races from a roll where rwd has the advantage

bmwtools ladies and gentlemen

also OP posted the old M6 so yah i of course compared the old gtr to the old m6. you must be thrilled the brand new M6 can actually be compared to a gtr 10 years old

You can see who is shitposting on the board and actually giving advice, I feel sorry for you OP

In my eyes the M6 is a nice car with a almost perfect engine, though like said already; M-tax and rare car. Sound godly though

i dont know why the fuck people are comparing a highway bruiser GT like an M6 to a sports car like a GTR

also i think the GTR slowed down because the runway was coming to an end

>in your first video it's the old V10 powered E63 M6

OP said a $20k M6. That would be the E63.

>The current M5 F10 and M6 F13 are beating the GTR on a straight line 100% of times, stock for stock.

You were saying?

youtube.com/watch?v=IVBr4VmW1c0

youtube.com/watch?v=_YPpjvXbfqg

you're trying really hard at this whole Veeky Forums thing but I don't see it working out for you. stop posting.