Anybody on Veeky Forums have experience with ex-police cars?

Anybody on Veeky Forums have experience with ex-police cars?

I've started seeing auctioned Dodge Chargers and it seems at first thought a good way to get a pretty powerful vehicle:
>hemi
>reinforced frame
>autistic spotlight
>strong suspension

Plus
>the knowledge that you are instilling fear in all nearby drivers that think you're an undercover cop
You can fuck with people
>pulling up on some asshole going 100 down the freeway so they piss their pants

I want to know what experiences y'all have had owning/operating them, and if its an actual deal.
>All that extra weight is gonna wear shit down faster
>probably owned by a fat cop department (thousands of hours of ass sweat in those seats)
> Ones used in areas with snow are gonna be fucking rusted

let me know what you know

Don't fucking do it. The civilian versions are shit so ones beat to shit by cops are even worse. Buy literally anything else.

What about the crowne vics? they made them up to 2011

Civilian versions are fine.

Where you at baby?

>spent 99% of the time idling
>spent 1% at the redline in car chases
>100k miles on a cop car is at least 250k on a civilian car
>any cop car at auction with less than 100k miles has been wrecked or has major issues

>Plus
>>the knowledge that you are instilling fear in all nearby drivers that think you're an undercover cop
>You can fuck with people
>>pulling up on some asshole going 100 down the freeway so they piss their pants
OP is either an idiot teenager or a whacker. Do not respond seriously. Polite sage.

Hey man, I only saw somebody on the highway do that once, and I thought Veeky Forums would find it funny

I'm not THAT retarded

Good, because it's a felony. Sage.

I drive a 09 ex cop crown vic. It gets dull after the first week. So many questions, so many angry glares. But people DO drive a lot better around you. But it's a great car. Dependable, cheap, sorta quick, and with room for error. It's REALLY barebones, though. If you want something fancy inside, good luck.

The kicker is that cops will do go out of the way to fuck you over. They'll ticket you for everything. And it's a little immature driving one.

If I had a chance to do it all again, I'd get a lincoln towncar.

Ugh. Sorry for the grammatical errors, it's been a long day.

Is it a patrol car with lights and shit or a detectives car?

>I'd get a lincoln towncar.
Towncar conversion kits when
I actually like the vertical rear lights of those as opposed to the triangles on vics

there is no center colsole in a PD Charger, that is where they put the computer.

ultimately a dealbreaker for a piece of shit anyway

had a 04 p71

beat the shit out of it, only thing that went wrong was a leaking gas tank and leaking axle seal. both were cheap fixes

great durable cheap car, just wish it was black and not white

I wonder why cops want to ticket you more?

I would think the opposite.

When you buy a Town Car. Might be more difficult than expected, though, I'm not sure how different the quarter panels are compared to the other Panthers (wheras if you want a Crown Vic rear on a Marquis, you just swap the taillights, trunk, and rear bumper cover, they share quarter panels from '98 onwards).

I had both experiences

Went flying by cops (they were going the other way) they just waved, Had cops doing radar do the same thing

Had cops follow me for 20 minutes, then fuck off when they notice im not doing anything wrong

Had cops randomly pull me over and to ask if the car still had emerg. lights

Had my mirror kicked off by someone (luckily it just popped back on)

Had my car keyed ($3000 shitbox dont care)

Had all my ex-coworkers think I was a cop (literal coke / crack retards)

>If I had a chance to do it all again, I'd get a lincoln towncar.
If you really want to be invisible, get a Grand Marquis. Everyone just assumes it's an old lady driving to Bingo (you can't spell Grand Marquis without GrandMa), especially if you leave it bone stock- no loud exhaust, untinted windows, etc. Looks similar enough to a Crown Vic (as it should, given that it's 95% the same car) to be aesthetically pleasing if you like that type of car, but different enough to not immediately set off "oh shit it's a cop" flags in retarded drivers (no blacked out grille or trunklid, no cop steelies) and if they're retarded enough to think it's a cop car they were probably driving like shit already anyway.

Dont OP. They're beat to shit, quite literally.

Municipal vehicles are garbage because the states do bare minimum to keep them street legal and working. My friend bought an ex-local PD Charger at an auction for like $5k with 120k on it, brought it home to find out that looked like no preventative maintenance had ever been done to it. Oil was gunked up, the filter looked like it hadn't been changed in over 20k miles, and the transmission fluid was burnt black. He ended up dumping about about $4k back into it just to get it to function better.

They treat their cars like shit.

> Pretending to be police man
> get shot by cop hating thug
> ????
> profit

i have a 84 89 and a 90 i can say by far the best cars ive ever had but the AOD trannys slip like no other but they last everything else about them is really tough the plush seating is amazing and its a smooth ride. stay before 90 tho they changed the dash in that year and its a little cheaper built. another plus is you need a rear end or trans? go buy a whole other car for 500 and it will usally have less then 100000 because grandma

>not getting joke

Get a sheriff's car without all the extra shit

One deputy around me had some frame tweakage so bad on his he would try to do a U turn to go get a perp and the steering would lock and he'd end up in the ditch. Everyone else refused to drive that car. Happened a couple times before the car got sent to auction.

Ragged out pieces of shit

Electrical problems, due to bad installation of emergency lights, radio, etc.

That said- I almost bought one a few years ago that was "totalled" by hitting the side of the ramp from one floor to another in a parking garage. The cops never even changed the title to reflect that, since the institution it came from was self-insured.

Check publicsurlpus.com. You can search based on region or agency.

Is he mad????

> ex-police cars?
100% percent chance beat to shit
80% chance it was in a serious collision
over 9000% chance to make you look fedora core

Cops HATE wannabe cops.

Also, a lot of idiot drug dealers drive former cop cars to "blend in"

If it is a patrol car, it has an economical engine with a shitton of idle hours.
If it is a pursuit car, it has a big engine that has probably seen more redlining while cold than you could ever dream of.

It's stripped of all cop equipment but not repainted.

I had one of the black crown vics with the spotlight for a while, I enjoyed it for the V8 power and pick up, and the engine was satisfyingly loud. The spotlight was fun especially in the woods.

But like a lot of people are saying, it was pretty beat up, some electrical and steering issues and eventually the radiator. People do seem more courteous letting you into traffic and stuff but can also be annoying because a lot of people get paranoid and slow down traffic around you.

Just remember how much of an epic shitbox the bluesmobile was

do it

440 > 281

no it isn't unless you put lights on it and shit and actually try to pull somebody over

You'll never get all the cum stains out of the back seat where they bang the hookers.

Get a retired crown vic, those chargers go through transmissions like the kardashians go through athletes.