So why does Acura continue to shoot itself in the foot and believe they're a "performance" brand?

So why does Acura continue to shoot itself in the foot and believe they're a "performance" brand?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bR22nSy1_14
youtube.com/watch?v=Fj7X3_pz7dw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

To be fair they (have) a Halo performance car they just don't have the RWD Sedans that the others have. That's never really been Acura's thing anyway.

I'm not a yank, redpill me on Acura.

I thought it was the name of all Hondas in America? Or is it only the high-end ones?

Fancy Hondas

Aldo the MDX which is their bread and butter and is actually a really nice mid-luxury SUV
Undercuts the competition and comes with more features standard

Super Handling AWD is also an Acura thing, the torque vectoring for that system was good enough for Audi to copy and incorporate into Quattro

its never been hondas thing either

I also hate how big the fob is.

Lol it's never been Hondas thing either. The entire organization is fucking trash. I don't know why you're posting pics of the new NSX - that pile of junk is flooding dealers and they have no idea what to do with it. Literally the most exclusive release of the year and they're piling up on eBay thousands below MSRP. It's fucking trash. The only thing Acura ever got right was the first NSX. Same goes for Honda, they have never done anything respectable except shit out econoboxes for the Latinos

Acura is Honda's luxury division for the North American market. Most of their cars are just JDM Honda rebadges, though lately, they've been getting more and more of their own cars that are distinct from Honda with no Honda variant anywhere.
Examples include the ILX and TLX.

Personally, I adore the ILX. It's based on the Civic and the 2016 update actually made it a decent car. It comes only with the 200 HP 2.4L K24, and comes only with an all new 8 speed DCT that is only used by Acura at the moment. The ILX is meant to compete with the Buick Verano, Audi A4, and Mercedes-Benz CLA-class.
youtube.com/watch?v=bR22nSy1_14

related
youtube.com/watch?v=Fj7X3_pz7dw

Personally I would choose a civic touring over a ILX, if honda had the DCT it would be a no brainer.

>Ridgeline
>S2000
>Odyssey
>trash

>irrelevant
>gets wrecked by a turbo Miata and is only slightly relevant cause some retard on YouTube shills the hp/l meme
>irrelevant

>Odyssey
>Irrelevant
Oh yeah, just the car that every new family buys. Totally irrelevant. Hondas might not be sexy, but calling them trash is too far. They make excellent normie cars, and I think that deserves something. At least they're not Ford.
Also, the S2000 is gr8, just outdated. You have to remember, the design is nearly 20 years old.

I wish there was a newer S2k

>wanting a DCT in an econobox

Get a load of this guy

that fascia looks like a morbidly obese man's face when he breathes over your shoulder

Ok fine user, show us your Acura.

It's on the /hg/ collage, the fob is really stupid big.

Would you rather a CVT?

Popularity doesn't necessarily = good. unpopularity doesn't = bad either. the C7 was a smashing sales and review success yet Veeky Forums calls it a failure.

>The only thing Acura ever got right was the first NSX
Then by Proxy they got the new one right. it puts down twice the horsepower while getting BETTER gas mileage. the new ""GT"" gets WORSE fuel economy than its predecessor which is shit. it also offers more performance per dollar than the last one did in its time which got paced by M3s. we also still haven't seen what the Type R could do.

Potential still awaits.

I like yours more than mine. Non retractable key is fucking stupid.

The door key is nice and fits in the bottom, but since it has remote start it get extra big.

> add moving part to simple item that requires both pushing and twisting
> hurr durr what a great idea
I have two cars, one with a flipout and one with standard. The standard, 2005, still going strong.
The 2008 with flipout I am on my third key due to exessive play in the hinge fucking with the immobilser.

Fuck you and your shitty key lust, cunt

BMW believes they're a performance brand but they aren't even in F1, want to explain that?

they don't waste millions every year on car racing where they can't use i6

I posted it just to piss you off, I'm glad it worked.

They don't want to fail like honda-mclaren every race.

>buying econobox for anything other than to save fuel

Yes, a CVT will suffice

until you get pissed its at the dealer every few months to have the CVT replaced.

>push button ignition
>No 60/40 split rear bench

Disgusting

All the acuras have push button and I think all EX trim hondas have it too.

Fucking autistic bullshit, and what the fuck is up with them not putting the split bench in the back? My fucking 2000 Si had a split rear bench and this thing costs $35k? Seriously weak effort on Honda's part

CVTs are such boring garbage. Would rather have a 10 speed or a DCT.

I really don't understand the ILX, I'm not even sure if my TLX is a split. The truck is pretty roomy however especially since they jew you out of a spare.

It has no cupholder

If I'm going to be miserable in a car it's going to be a fucking viper ACR, which is FUCKING CHEAPER BY LIKE 50 FUCKING THOUSAND DOLLARS.

That would be fucking horrible if the TLX didn't have a split bench, they can cost as much as $50k and I like the TLX

Why the fuck is honda so stubborn on not building rwd cars to compete with the other brands

Where do you live Canada?

The TL-SH-AWD had a RWD biased AWD system

Cup holders are an Attachment stowed away in the glove box and connects to the passenger side of the center console.

lol no it didn't, it was torque vectoring, it just had the capability of sending >80% of the power to the rear

thats gonna be flimsy as hell...

>me
>leaf
You're a fucking asshole

I'm just wondering because the TLX tops around mid 40s

They're pretty cheap.

Acura just can't seem to figure out what it wants to be exactly. The fact that they can't settle on a design language is hurting them too, and this new iteration looks even worse than the old one. The grill looks too out of proportion, tries too hard, and already looks old news.
Acuras have never had the most bold designs, but they were often very clean and aged very well. Pic related is my DD. Nothing spectacular, but an attractive design that I think still looks good for being a nearly 15 year design. This new TLX will not fare as well.

I blame it on the giant ass emblem, I believe they put a bunch of sensors behind it.

It looks like the most boring sedan ever. Jesus christ acura is horrible.

3g TL had the best grille design. It was the perfect shape and size but they had to fuck that up. 4g had that bucktooth grille. 5g still had the bucktooth grille but then they removed it but fucked with the shape now it looks out of proportion.

Do what fucking Audi and BMW does - stick to the design that looks best. Go back to the 3g TL grille design, keep the jewel eyes, incorporate the aspec lip into the body and there you go - you have a stylish car. Just give it some extra power. 3.7L V6 in all the models for a total of 330hp and price it in the 30k. Bam selling like hotcakes again.

I'm honestly surprised Honda was able to extract the power they were out of the J37 considering it's an SOHC engine

I wish Honda just made more RWD vehicles in general.

Honda motors are underrated. They don't give you the best bang for your buck but they are reliable and give you a decent amount of power after a tune. I dynoed 225whp out of my J32 before mods and after full bolt ons (still NA), got it up to 290whp. That's more than enough for a DD.

i just bought a 3g TL god it looks waaay better than the new horrible designs i dunno why they dont go back to it

its a pretty gud sleeper

That's 330 crank, that's smart good especially for that car

What bolt-ons did you install?

Pure luxury is dead, it's about time the took performance seriously again.

The sad thing is that they're not even performance.

No, but I'd like to see them start heading that direction until they are.

Turbos and triple clutch transmissions!

Injen CAI, 3.7IM/TB, PnP runners, RV6 PCD, endless jpipe/catback, lightweight crank pulley, and hondata flashpro.

Those are the mods you get the most gains from. Don't bother with spacers. Jpipe is the equivalent of headers on our car. In general, J32 should have been making more power from the factory but it was heavily, heavily restricted. That's why you gain so much from boltons but as a general rule, most modern V6s can gain about 50whp with boltons.

Don't forget the lightweight wheels. The factory OEM wheels are about 25lbs per corner without tire and 17". Can pick up a set of RPF1s 18x8.5 and shave 7lbs per corner. That's the biggest gain you could make short of a comptech supercharger.

>muh modded car can beat your stock one!

Don't quote me on this but I'm pretty sure they relocated the guy who designed the 3g TL. With 4g TL, they wanted something fresh and bigger so it lost its quickness and styling all in one gen.

Only thing I like about the 5g TL are the jewel headlights but some folks with a 3g have already retrofitted that in.

dammit why did i read the comments

>HybridEnergy
>Maybe they want an acura and not a honda

>made the best handling FWD car in the world (Acura Integra Type R)
>made the best version of variable timing ever that is still copied to this day (VTEC)
>holds the FWD record on the ring (Civic Type R)
>not a performance brand

I thought the luxury part was the joke

>i know nothing: the post

Because niggers love the and will pay for a luxury front wheel v6 lol

the Accord*

the joke is that both parts are a joke.