/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Got cucked by an old lady and her pets:
>Ringed City DLC stuff
Announcement trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=igomOLwqsV0
Screenshots/art: imgur.com/a/83M79
Gameplay footage: youtube.com/watch?v=j8Ke647-xsU
Redacted "Capital Knight" armor set screenshots: imgur.com/wIM6rIJ
Vaati's notes, trimmed (MAJOR SPOILERS, read with a grain of salt): pastebin.com/Y7MTapKN
Leaked first boss fight (SPOILER): my.mixtape.moe/ldkpad.webm

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/ldkpad.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This thread is now blessed by Gravelord Nito and the Pardoners of Velka.

DaS2 > DeS > DaS1=BB > DaS3

/Bestlegs/ incoming

@170011683

You got that all backwards.

>tfw pve runs with friede's scythe and quills
why madman loves dex weapons so much?

>keep making generals early so they post in mine and the next person to make one will have to use my shitty, biased, edited OP pasta
Lucifer is a real gem

xth for cute

Because strength's identity is "slow" and it's hard to make fun, unique and varied attacks that employ different playstyles while staying within that identity.

Meanwhile there's like a million different ways to be fast

So I just started the PS4 version of Scholar of the First Sin and it feels kind of strange to me. I only played the original DS2 once and that was at the time of release, but does anyone else think that you're character feels strangely floaty? Maybe I'm just remembering incorrectly.

I did notice, but attributed that feeling to my playing the original at release on PC.

It's always floaty, DaS2 feels the "least" Dark Souls out of all the games. It's a different type of balance, everything is much slower than the other games, so that each decision you make is more deliberate.

>that fucking tomb with the large divine ember and 7 giant skeletons

holy fuck i'm spooked

So, my dear /dsg/, what SL is undead match not dead at? Preferably for non-duels, ideally 6 ffa or 3v3, but other modes work too. Also, can we convince from to put in a "Anything but cancer" option for undead matchmaking? (any game mode except for duels?)

There's an option to queue for 4 and 6 player matches at the same time, I think,

That one is only 4 and 6 teams or 4 and 6 FFA, not all four modes together

owo whats this

seriously how do I get there

Whoever's playing Rainbow Shrek over in Lost Bastille right now, I fucking love you.

From the first bonfire (the one you can warp to) climb the ladder, then go right along the very thin walkway. You'll get to a giant coffin where you can go in a hole. Alternatively, after Patches pushes you down a hole, you'll go through the room with 3 bone towers then climb a ladder and hit an illusory wall. You'll emerge on the aforementioned thin walkway, where you go left to the giant coffin.

Bring lube.

>invade
>host is called Newbie
>blue gets summoned
>host uses Curl Up while we fight
cute as fuck desu
Then she destroyed me.

The lack of AR calculation in the ds2 calculator is so frustrating.
How does a lightning longsword compare to a lightning heide sword? A lightning claymore to a lightning watcher sword? I gotta know.

Who cares? Use what looks stylish.

What was the deal with Pinwheel?

>flame appears from the darkness
>pygmies appear from the dark and claim fiery souls
>three great souls are found, and claim the titles of lords
>nito, first to die, claims dominion over death
>witch of izalith, the first mother, claims dominion over life
>and gwyn, who found the greatest soul, claims dominion over all.
>but there was a 4th soul, one that was forgotten, the smallest, and weakest soul, claimed by a furtive pygmy
>the pygmy thought nothing, but then a dark serpent came, and revealed to him that he had the most unique and powerful soul of all.
>he explained that one day, the fire will fade, and the souls of lords will go dark. Having the weakest soul, his would surely be the first to fade, and he could claim dominion over the dark as a lord.
>so the pygmy waited, with strong forethought, even claiming kingship over the progenital city as the lords rescinded their pygmy-hood to move to the surface as gods.
>during this time the pygmy established himself as the father of humanity, and earned great respect from the gods in his own right
>and then one day, the fire did fade, and on this day so too did the pygmy fade, becoming the first undead and claiming dominion over the dark.
>but one day he peered into the essence of his new soul, and discovered a truth that made him experience the same as all who dare to look: true fear.
so the pygmy, known as allfather lloyd, founded the way of white to stave off the curse of dark

>gods are pygmies
Stop

>playing through DS1 for the first time
>get to the Butterfly

Why was that even a boss? I got hit once by the dart shot and that was it, I've never been more bored during a boss fight in a souls game.

Nito's Lord Soul is one hell of a drug.

What gestures do you use before and after a duel?

Me: point down before, legion etiquette after

pcfc anywhere?

Duel Bow before and after. Maybe Applause if it was really good.

>Who cares?
I do. That's why I asked.

>watching 12 hour livestream of a blind playthrough of Dark Souls
>literally only reached 2 bonfires in that time

It introduces magic, the importance of dodging over blocking, and the usefulness of having a ranged attack.

Im sorry the word pygmy bothers you so much. What race were they before they became gods?

Dark Souls 3 is my first souls game and I have to say I've never felt this amazement while playing any other type of vidya, this game is amazing.

I know I should've played sooner, but I'm glad I finally stopped by to play. It's breath-taking how good the gameplay feels.

Thank you /dsg/

I once watched a blind stream of Ds3 where the player died over 20 times to Vordt.
Never forget that no matter how bad you are at Souls, there are always people a hundred times worse than you.

>in b4 "but DS3 sucks"

how long do you think it would take to afk 30 proofs of concord kept

Starting with the latest game is dumb

>Dark Souls 3 is my first souls game

You missed out on so much.
SO MUCH.

DS1 will never be launched again.
SoTFS will never be launched again.

DS1 was the freshest, most memorable gaming experience in a decade
SoTFS was the quintessential multiplayer experience with the most refined mechanics overall

DS3 is top dog, but if it's your first, literally the only thing you didn't miss out on is vanilla DS2, which wasn't around for long anyway.

If they want me to be happy with TRC, I need to be wandering around the Dreg Heap or Earthen Peak, I come across him,

>I like it quiet. Leave me be.

I feel the game has a lot of replay ability, so I'm probably gonna end up doing that. So once I'm done with my first playthrough I'll head over to Dark Souls 1 and start from there.

He has the sexiest voice of any Souls NPC.

Earthen Peak is in TRC?

It is indeed friend. Get a nice view of the windmills in the videos

>DS1 was the freshest, most memorable gaming experience in a decade

holy kek can these people who never played DeS please shut up?

and you get fire princess lady prostitute set.

Not him but I never played DeS, I'd like to. I will say that playing DaS1 changed how I felt about video games.

>play the others

DS1 is clunky as shit compared to DS3, fair warning. It also has very few NPC summons, so good fucking luck if you need help since you missed on on when multiplayer was active. Same problem for covenants, dead multiplayer.

DS2 SoTFS for mechanics and multiplayer was the most refined in the series, so all you'll get is the mediocre world compared w/ DS1&DS3 and not the part that made it good. Honestly, the world/aesthetics/lore isn't terrible, just notably not as good as the other two.
I also like DS2 for content, since it wasn't a nostalgia wankfest of recycled content like DS3. It has the most original content of the series, AND the most content overall.

>never played DeS

Console exclusive?
Console exclusive.

Can these people who never played King's Field shut up?

DaS1 is basically a simplified DeS with more refined mechanics and a connected world. DeS's atmosphere blows DaS out of the water and did shit mechanically that miyazaki won't have the balls to do again, like scraping spear and a boss literally stealing levels. it's a very unique experience.

I just died to vanguard wtf is this game over now

I'd really like to try it out some day, maybe after TRC and I've finished fucking around in DaS2 again. Had to start my RtD over again, decide to do a Vengarl Cosplay over what I had going, much happier now.

>king's field
>having mechanics even remotely similar to soul games

not an argument for anything but being either poor or ignorant.

>implying you need more than 2 bonfires to finish the game
Casual, please

>letting facts get in the way of shitposting
Come on now user

who says I'm not shitposting?

>get his weapons as unique paired ultras

Who dis?

O~oh, merciful Goddess, Mother of the Forlorn, who have no place to call their own...

gwyn's mommy

Nashandra

Velka.

Gwyn's wite, Mandolynn

Pygmies were the cavemen descendants of man

They were living underground when the Dragons owned the surface

>decide to kill the Rotten
>try and descend the majula pit
>goes relatively easy
>get poisoned as I enter the gutter
>die of poison literally as I light the fire
>it didnt count
>descend again
>inexplicably boost of a ledge and fly off the platform
>this happens twice
>make it down again
>slide off the platform before entering the gutter
>descend again
>enter the gutter
>jump down to the bonfire
>the planks that catch your fall and break are gone so I fall and die

I can't believe I forgot how shit this game was designed.

>wife

mandolynn is gwyn's granddaughter idiot

Gutter >>>>>>>>>> Blighttown

Or did you not play DS1

Blight town was fucking fun in my opinion. Walking around there was creepy and immersive.

The majula pit is a fucking platform minigame in a game not designed for platforming. The gutter isn't my problem. It's the stupid fucking descent.

Do you guys ever feel terribly depressed haha :')

Blighttown had platforming as well

Going to the gutter can be done just walking, but there's a lot more viable jumps you could make if you're either brave or stupid enough.

I cant make myself enjoy churning through ds2 again :(...i wanted to join in on Return to drangleic but its such a pain fighting the pursuer and relearning everything through trial and error for hours on end

>be low HP hexer
>time to fuck up Rotten
>fall into majula pit, die, pretty much expected that
>have gilligan build tiny ladder, that little buffer should be enough to protect me
>climb down ladder, fall, die
>ok maybe my HP is a bit low for that
>effigy
>buy second ladder
>climb to bottom
>jump to next platform down
>fucking die
Sure is nice being forced to level in a specific way or buy a specific ring to progress in a plot-relevant manner. I know not raising your HP is dumb as shit but it still irks me.

Blight town is traversable entirely by walking and climbing ladders. The only bullshit part of it is the swaying 'where is the fucknig ground' bridge, and the framerate before it was fixed.

I think this is the only time I've ever seen good things said about SoTFS without thirty people telling me I'm wrong.

>the pursuer
Literally the easiest boss, with the most active summons.

She's the mother of Gwyndolin, not his daughter.
The gutter is kinda better in terms of layout, but it makes no sense and can never allow me to suspend my disbelief. There is no way anyone could or would have built that, it makes no sense and the biggest offender is the height. These is just no way wooden columns that long wouldn't twist, bringing the whole site to the ground
O-of course not, my life is full of meaning and adventure and I don't know the meaning of the phrase"existential dread" haha

hello in ds3 I have a yellow smokey haze around my character that looks kinda like a ghost face what is this aura and why is it on me

>The only bullshit part of it is

The mosquitos you can't hit reliably without ranged weapons, and constantly get stuck under platforms where you can't hit them?
The firebreathing dogs?
The ultra-narrow catwalking?
The framerate still being fucked even after it was patched?
The deadends fucking everywhere?
The poison dart shooters when the spider shield you can get before this is hidden and there's fuckall you can do but die repeatedly or spend half the time waiting about for your poison to go down just to progress?

The gutter had better secrets too.

>it makes no sense
Neither did the platforms down to blighttown.

The gutter descent at least wasn't entirely narrow 1 dimensional tightroping against shit you can't hit coupled with shitty framerate.

Lighting all the torches is way more fucking satisfying too.

ceremonial stonesword

str: 12 dex: 14
str: E dex: D phys: 58 dark: 58

WA: purge - temporarily increases curse resistance and reduces curse buildup.

An ancient blade carved from an archtree, the ornate cross guard representing the symbol of the father. Never intended as a weapon, however its ability to sear the soul of both self and foe makes it a woeful instrument.

lily chime hammer

str: 40 fai: 24
str: D fai: B phys: 155

WA: gentle prayer - recovers HP for a period of time, albeit extremely slowly. Works while equipped in either hand.

A great bell wielded by warriors of the white sun, serving as both a weapon and a chime. Gains its namesake from its gentle ring, and the white sun warrior's uncanny ability to lift it through faith alone, regardless of personal strength.

what did miyazaki mean by this?

>the framerate before it was fixed

They fixed the framerate? Mine still fucking tanks the second I hit the area of blighttown where it gets dark

There's THREE fucking ladders you can buy. Did you just buy the 500 soul ladder?

The 2000 soul ladder is one of the cheapest tollbooths in all of darksouls.

i had a low-level build called the torchlighter whose only purpose was to invade the gutter and light all the torches. if people came to fight me, i'd blast them with pyromancy

CHIME
H A M M E R

Only if you wanted a meme katana.

Genius. I used to do this on the Wharf level.

For some reason the illusion door and breakable wall there is almost unknown to most people too.

please be real

I just resent the gutter for having a far less interesting scenery and atmosphere. Blighttown at least was very confincing that you were making your way down the metaphorical drain, following the road down to where all the filth and disgusting matter of the city flowed down to. The whole thing being built by rickety wooden structures hanging by the side of the massive stone archs and lower walls of the city above was neat, and when you reached the bottom it was just a stagnant pool of poisonous filth and subhuman things. And if you kept going down further beyond that, on one side you have demons and lava, and on the other the Great Hollow.
Gutter by comparison is just a cave that leads to Black Gulch, which is... another cave, just green.

>pursuer
You get the buckler in the same area. Pursuer is a parry tutorial.

Going back through DS2 made me realize why I prefer it's magic to DS3; it has less spell variety, but more variety of casting tools for mixed mages (either melee and magic or multiple magic types). 2 has Black Witch Staff, Blue Flame, Disc Chime, Mace of the Insolent, Pilgrim's Spontoon, Sanctum Shield, and Sorcerer's Twinblade. 3 only has Cleric's Candlestick, Crystal Chime, Golden ritual Spear, Heysel's Pick, and Immolation Tinder.

Yeah, I bought the 2 cheapest ones, since the third can't actually let you progress into the gutter. After climbing down the second ladder, the next mandatory fall killed me from full HP.

What's a good amount of souls to save up for DeS NG+? Sitting at 100k right now.

Nameless king is so hard to beat

doesn't really matter ,just enjoy yourself. if you overlevel you can just let allant suck you off.

I recall a couple breaking platforms which would force a jump or fall to get out

fuck that katana jump though seriously

The armor set there also can't be reached by walking IIRC

I distinctly remember having no issue with ladders playing a low-SM Deprived

Are you using Pyromancer's Parting Flame? If so, it means the WA is ready.

DLC 2 when?

>Disc Chime
I fucking love this thing but I don't see it used enough.

I miss Hexes.

soon

info is already leaking, be wary

>Leaked first boss fight (SPOILER): my.mixtape.moe/ldkpad.webm
Link is broken

it is supposed to be in march, right?
the only infos I want to know are the new spells

Can anyone on PC help me beat nameless king?

Deprived starts with more vigor than swordsman.

Meh, it ended up being strictly inferior to the sanctum shield, but the latter was a reasonably late-game item so I guess that's OK. Here's hoping DLC2 brings back something like it and the other weapon catalysts. My fedoralord spellsword refuses to invest in faith to use the candlestick.