The C8 Corvette is rumoured to be mid engined...

The C8 Corvette is rumoured to be mid engined. Why do I allow rumours about upcoming car models I'll never own ruin my day? The C7 Corvette is a continuation of the great evolutionary process the car's always had, now they've gone and hit the abort button some 55 years later.

idiot
there will still be a front engined vette and the mid engined will be a namechange
why do you even care, if the car has had such a great evolutionary process, upgrading to mid engine shouldn't surprise you

>The C8 Corvette is rumoured to be mid engined
Every Corvette new gen has been rumored to be mid engined for decades, and the trend will continue since people always read the clickbait

>now they've gone and hit the abort button
No, they haven't done anything but continue to make FR Corvettes

It'll be a Caddy or a revival of Pontiac (please please please), not a Chevy.

It's coming

Stay in denial

They are adding another Corvette to the lineup ffs

>The C8 Corvette is rumoured to be mid engined
Yea we've heard. then again other Corvette gens were said to be floating mid-engine configurations with drivable prototypes. there's also talk that the "Mid engine corvette" will be a super car for Cadillac.

I think they should've been offering more options for the Corvette a long time ago. NA V6 which, for Camaro basically put that car in
another class (the lighter-weight sports car class near the M2). Mid-engine options, More expensive options with the luxuries to satisfy people who've always complained about the interior of them before the C7. track focused options like the GT3 RS. Maybe Hybrid/Electric options too. they did trademark "E-ray".

>this time it's for real, not like the last 100 times!
The reason concept cars exist at all is this same gullible, naive thought process. They get people excited about the brand, but they know they don't actually have to make the car, just get people thinking about the name. All these other Vettes actually had working examples before they blueballed the public, the test mule you are posting is even more meaningless.

Blue-balling of THIS fucking nature should be punishable by firing squad.

At least Mosler gave us a taste of what a mid-engine corvette could've been like. the guy who worked on it made the C5.

The test mule actually gives me a bit more faith in it happening, they wouldnt camo it for years if it was just a publicity stunt like the past ones. Right?
FFR GTM is worth checking out too. Looks more like a Ford but it's based on a C6.

> they wouldnt camo it for years if it was just a publicity stunt like the past ones. Right?
Do you really think a giant company isn't going to be aware how something like that will be covered, and are actively trying to "hide" the mule? Create a polished prototype that is mentioned for a week after an auto show, or scab something together, put some bras on it, and get coverage and speculation for years? Seems pretty obvious what the bigger payoff is. If they actually wanted to test cars in secret it would be extremely easy for them to do so without pictures "accidentally" leaking.

>C7 comes out.
>C6 becomes pointless.
>Eight or nine years pass, prices drop to ~20k for a slightly-damaged example.
>Eventually becomes that one car particularly Veeky Forumstistic kids just out of college drive.

a mid engined corvette should be called the Fiero

That would be an insult to the Fiero name.

With the Camaro nipping at its heels, going to mid-engine seems like the next logical step for the Corvette.

As advanced as the C7 is, it's not that hard to believe that they might be having a tough time squeezing more performance out of the existing FR platform.

Why do Mosler's look like shitty McLaren F1 knockoffs that you'd find in GTA?

Was this a race or a time trial? Time trial right?

Why did you reply to him?

Hopefully it will be faster than a 10 year old nissan

I'm more curious if the Camaro ZR1 will cannibalize Corvette sales. I thought GM always held back the Camaro so it wouldn't compete with the Corvette in the sales department.