/tfg/ - Titanfall General

Best Waifu Edition

Currently 60% off on Origin for $24, Deluxe edition $31.

>Lore, lewds & more
tfgeneral.com
Discord under Fun Stuff

>/tfg/-created Helpful Videos & Tutorials
pastebin.com/7U6BiSkn

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral
>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/78/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' on console will bring it up in game; for pc, you have to join using the link.

>News
Double XP weekend for Skirmish matches.
Extra Devotion nerfs, notes can be found ingame.
Frontier News Network 8/Live Fire Patch Notes:
titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-8/
forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/10528/patch-notes-for-live-fire-update
Frontier News Network 9
titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-9/

>What's changed in 2?
Cosmetics, class based titans, more pilot abilities, more guns, and a single player campaign.
Bunny hopping was altered so now you need to be crouching when you hit the ground.

Doomed thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

webmshare.com/play/9n8wy
track5.mixtape.moe/azgjaj.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

hit scan is more fun than projectile

not him but i run it with my CW as well. i got it to maybe level 10 just using it with my CW, up to CW gen 5.something. after that i spent several games using the mozambique as my primary just to regen it and get the kill counter.
its a pretty solid weapon by itself.

Second for I want Ion to keep me safe in her cockpit forever

no

Ion fleshlight when?

idk brobro, if you value fun over winning, projectiles can give you moments like this

"Pilot I got you something."
"Oh thanks what is it?"
"Its in my cock pit pilot. I'm sure you'll love it!"

Im so lonely on pc :

did something with laser core change? i cant seem to block it anymore as ronin. it dooms me and leaves me with about half an hp of doomed health. this was not the case before.

Ion will keep you company.

Ion got serious about keeping her pilot safe is what changed user.

also this

holy fuck you people are delusional

stop acting like anything in this game loves you

it's a game

you're worse than the anime visual novel generals.

nth for even the worst Dice Roll boosts are useful in the right situations

>Crash site
>we're the guys outside the crashed ship
>get first blood with my double take, Dice roll is up within the first ~ten seconds of the game
>Hard Cover
>Slap that shit down where an A-wall would usually go
I was pretty pleased with how things turned out.

I don't think anything in this game comes as close to making me mad as Meadow does.
God I fucking hate that piece of dogshit map.

>Xbox stack all watching Netflix

A N G E R Y

im with you there. totally ruined livefire for me. i love livefire on stacks, but meadows is just pure garbage. its like they thought "well lets make the exact opposite of stacks to make sure campers can have an easy time with devotions."
i stopped playing livefire, couldnt stand to play meadows anymore.

Currently at work my dude, dont think I'd be much fun anyway without my meds

My net worth is 472. Would you buy me for the night?

reminder to delete

Same here, I refuse to play Live Fire anymore. It's pure fucking aids every time I get meadow, and I seem to get 70% meadow 30% stacks so I'm fucking done.
Back to attrition and CTF

oh nice, an execution

nevermind, turned into a jellyfish?

Stacks makes me remember the center hallway of War Games(when?).

Where do you think we are

Post failure

Tips for EPG? Does it have god tier potential? I wanna be the very best like no-one ever was.

Just being good is alright though too.

Practice and don't be afraid to take shots that might miss

I haven't played since before the Live Fire update. Have they fixed the Windows 10 MP stuttering?

Go for splash damage to start with
If you practice, you'll eventually be able to land those sick oneshot gibs

Use it with holopilot too

always be above your opponent, it makes landing splash damage easier and increases the chances of getting the drop on them. lead your shots obviously, youll get better at that with practice. try to always keep moving, since you are at a disadvantage in gunfights(in general), its important that you have the high ground and flank as much as you can.
with enough practice, youll get better and then you can fight other players with hitscan weapons on more even ground, though youll never have the advantage against a player of equal skill using a hitscan weapon.

Gave in and bought the game on sale, got a question though. How much new content did the game get since it's release? I know about the maps, but did any cosmetics or anything else get added in?
I only care because I miss the ability to change my titan's voice and I want it to come back eventually.

No no no. If you're going for splash damage just use the Cold War. The EPG is all about direct hits.

yes, theres an ingame store where you can buy cosmetic stuff for real money. two major content patches so far. angel city's most wanted, and livefire. next month we're getting colony map and 2 new prime titans(legion and northstar).
should be getting monthly updates from here on out. every 2 weeks there is a frontier news network update, basically just a blog post from the devs/community managers about the state of things and their immediate plans/future plans. you can find the link in the OP; its always on a friday.

The Prime titans have different voices along with different models.

The point is to maximize your chances of killing them. Which is why you go for the splash damage while simultaneously trying to oneshot them with a direct hit.

Are they planning to add any new titans or anything as well? Or new weapons?

That's a no brainer, you go for direct hits first and splash damage will come as a result if you have a close miss.
It's better than aiming for splash and hoping to get a direct, because the EPG has not very good splash damage. It can take up to 3 shots if one of them isn't a super near miss. Just go for directs.

weapons yes. a new one is coming soon, maybe march i think. no word on titans, but theyre almost certainly going to add some new ones. there are titans in single player that are not in multiplayer; vanguard chasis, XO chaingun and the quad rocket launcher. i imagine theyll bring them over sooner or later

Not really.

Happy hour stack tonight. Get ready PC pilots!

Whats the best camo for throwing off peoples aim with the yellow filter?

Use hover for fun.

i use the yellow colorblind setting. makes it easier to see pilots for me, regardless of the camo. thats just me though, so i dont know. i imagine the map and distance would matter. after a certain distance, the glow disappears.

That's neat stuff. XO Chaingun being the Titan weapon from the first game? I used that shit with the accelerator on all the time, fucking shame it didn't make it into MP this time.

i love hover, cant go without it now. its gotten me so many kills that i would not have otherwise gotten.

yep, from the first game. you have not played the campaign? if not, go play it. its a good tutorial for multiplayer and its also really fun.

I'm loitering in the general waiting for it to download. Good to know the campaign is actually good this time around, though I liked how it worked in the first game.

>Still having games ruined by Tone
You had one job Respawn

you need to learn the art of tone bullying

I see a broken man committing suicide rather than fighting a camping Tone. I really don't blame you.

I'm not even sure what he did to deserve this but it involved an EPG and an A-Wall.

PC player here. How different is the game on console? I'm really curious how a breakneck speed twitch shooter plays when everyone's using a controller.

I have no problem with Tone's combat abilities, its her fucking core.
Its a free 8K damage and builds up far too easily.
Even after the nerf its still awful. What the fuck were they thinking?

Just played the absolute worst match of Bounty Hunt I've ever seen. The enemy team must have been Polygon employees because they had absolutely no idea how to play at the most basic level.

I don't know if any of them even jumped during the round. They were literally playing the game like it was Call of Duty, bobbing and weaving around a corner only for somebody to rain sweet death from above. I honestly felt bad.

the game is on sale really cheap. theres a bunch of new players coming in. go easy on them

Night Pilots. :3

Its Britbong nap time or the Queen will come smack me bum.

>sleep right before happy hour
Risk the Queen's spankies for a match.

Fast stack tonight?

i gotta play under the ADV tag until i git gud with the mastiff. cant bring shame to tfg's name

webm bump

weebums

Are you using a macro or something for that mastiff ADS?
seems kinda useful

another weebum. not sure what gave me such a speed boost, but it was neat.

no macro, apparently thats how you have to use the mastiff. i dont find it hard to "quick scope" with ADS or whatever you wanna call it, but im not that great with the mastiff. that webm is one of the few successes ive had with the mastiff.
guess im a slow learner or something

Played ten matches. Every single one, been on top. Not because I'm fast or good, but because the rest of my team were anchors to such a degree, two people on my team scored a WHOPPING ZERO FUCKING DAMAGE on Last Titan Standing.

how the fuck do you even not damage a titan once?

by being afk. a lot of faggots farm livefire and LTS. luckily respawn is patching it soon, afk'ers will be kicked quicker.

XBOne stack 2/(6|8)

>camping slows even camp in their titans
webmshare.com/play/9n8wy
Goddamn this was satisfying. and also too large for Veeky Forums any way I cut it so I just made it 720p and uploaded elsewhere

The angle you hit the rock. That's some Tribes style speed boosting my man.

Not that's just it, they didn't AFK. They were moving, they just didn't shoot.

This game is putting me on tilt
Easiest most braindead loadout to get kills with?

SMR, holo pilot, satchels, phase rewind and pistol of your choice.

I want in for a few. Derka

i don't believe you

I really thought it was just a meme that [RDDT] was bad but holy shit for my second day of multiplayer I wiped the floor with them

I was already using SMR, didn't need a pistol with it because I can't fucking aim any hitscans in this game anyway. I'm sure the other 2 recommendations are just jokes but I wanted a real answer.

Can you fucking bunnyhop on ps4?
I've tried for the past week and its just not happening and i've literally never seen anyone do it.
I've even reconfigured my controls to facilitate this shit and its just not happening.

>I was already using SMR, didn't need a pistol with it because I can't fucking aim any hitscans in this game anyway
that makes no sense. if you can successfully use projectiles, hitscan weapons should be easier to aim, especially smgs
you can slidehop on any platform. im on pc so i dont know how its done on console, but check youtube. theres a bunch of guides

I agree, if you ever see it spread out making a turn at someone you can really appreciate how bullshit it is, looks like I'm playing Macross

>shooting salvo core straight up in the air while safely behind cover
>dash around a corner
>aim at enemy titan
>core drops on their head for a million damage
Shit's fucking retarded.

I wish I could tell you why, but I really don't know.
I'm fine with projectiles but if I use any of the rifles or SMGs I feel like I have to work for my kills and it streses me out even getting a single one.

any parties on pc right now?

Every damn guide says the same shit regardless of system.
Sprint, prep crouch, hit the ground, jump, repeat 2-4 as desired.
But its just not happening for me. I can get maybe one semi-good crouch slide but its never as fast as the shit i see on vids/webms and i can never make it happen more than once.
I can grapple like a motherfucker for days but literally any ground game and its like i'm made of slow and frustration.

git gud

maybe this will help?
track5.mixtape.moe/azgjaj.webm
made for pc but might clarify some things. make sure you are not holding forward while you are slidehopping, only hold forward while wallrunning. holding forward will sap your momentum. its mostly just muscle memory, if you practice enough then usually itll just click one day.

I'm always top of any game i play though. I AM gud by my systems standards even amongst other /tfg/ers but i want more speed outside grapple shenanigans and stim.
It just feels like i'm missing half my game and that actively pisses me off.

forgot to say: you can ignore the directional movement for now. try to focus on going in a straight line.
after you got that down, you can try directional movement(air strafing), which is a bit more complex since it involves proper mouse movement. cant move the mouse too slow or too fast, so you may have to adjust your sensitivity too(for directional movement, not straight line slidehopping).

That's literally the same webm that introduced me to the concept though i can see where an issue is with it and it could be the joystick demands absolute perfection on those left and right drifts.

What's your FoV? Fishbowling makes shit look 10x faster.

see forget going in different directions. try to perfect going in a straight line first. this will make it much easier to learn air strafing.

70 cause your FPS tanks harder than france in a war situation on ps4 if you go above that.

Just to clarify here: i'm also aiming SLIGHTLY in the direction i'm leaning into as well. Right?

Don't own the game but was wondering how active the PC community for the game is. I already know that the game is fun I just want to make sure that there will still be a decent community in a years time.

I use 110, never notice much drops. But besides that, that's why it's not as fast. Your perception of the speed is different because the fishbowling of a high FoV isn't as apparent.

are you misreading or do you not want advice? forget going in different directions for now, focus on mastering going in a straight line. trying to do it all at once is going to be too hard, take it one step at a time.
no directional movement, just a straight line.