FWD 1 Series BMW

Other urls found in this thread:

bmwblog.com/2016/07/18/bmw-f44-2-series-gran-coupe-arrive-in-2019/
bbc.com/autos/story/20151201-for-bmws-i8-the-m5s-v8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>1 series

Who gives a shit

I give up.

I'll give it points for being safe and front wheel drive, but my wife's daughter could really use a taller crossover for highschool. Step it up, BMW.

Surely they wouldn't do this.

Just in time to get bent.

already did

imagine an adult driving something that looks like that thing

Well fuck.

I suppose we'll always have the F2x at least.

i dont believe

If this was 2006 I'd be upset
>The last good BMW's have already been made
>They are just building overweight, over complicated shit boxes for the masses now.

besides normie mobiles BMW still produces some great enthusiast gems such as the M140i (aka best hatchback), M2 and the class leading M3/M4.

That's for the Chinks only.

Also the overweight meme needs to stop. BMWs haven't gained any weight since 1998.

It's their answer to the Audi A3 and Mercedes 250. This isn't rocket science.

>tfw have oversteering M135i goodness
>tfw the Gxx M140i/145i will have a 4pot xdrive understeering badness
Feels bad man

^ Never driven one

the top end 1 series will still be rwd+inline 6
the cuck tier 114d, 116i etc will be fwd

The whole reason they're going fwd is to have more interior space because that's the biggest complaint the 1-series gets. That means a shorter front end. A transverse 6 won't fit in the new car.

G40/G4x

>''wrong''
the x1 is already 4-cyl only with fwd/awd
the 1 series will be 4-cyl only with fwd/awd
the 2 series will be rwd
BMW might also introduce a 2 series sedan
bmwblog.com/2016/07/18/bmw-f44-2-series-gran-coupe-arrive-in-2019/

;_;

>The next 100 years
A reminder BMW will no longer be making "The ultimate driving machine" in the future

Are you retarded?

In your stupid mind do you really think that based on the engine they will use TWO different platforms? Two different chassis and things?

This can't be real

>YOU WAN DRAIV CAR?

Yeah I actually read that on some article. The next 1er might actually have 2 platforms (fwd and rwd)
I hope it does

No it's absolute bullshit.

You know how many billions costs a platform? They are using the mini platform because they want to lower costs, the idea of having 2 different platform and developing every engine to fit different bays and tractions is insane. Also two productive lanes and factories.

Don't be underage

They may just be using the current platform with some updates.
On the plus side, the M2 CS, M2 GTS, M4 CS are coming so it's not all bad

>M135i/M140i selling like hotcakes
>'dude lets make it FWD with a 4 cylinder'
BMW have lost their way but there's no way the next top of the range 1 series will be FWD with a 4 pot. If it is it'll be the death of the brand.

>awd available
>needing two platforms

I'm not that guy and I don't think that they will offer them depending on the engine but I'm positive that they will have the option of sending a power to the rear wheels, maybe like the focus rs with the "drift button" thing

I thought bmw died with the e90, but f30s are easier to work on. I think BMW still has surprises

1993*

Most bmws in mainland europe are 116i or 118d. Those buyers don't know what rear-wheel drive means. They just want a bmw. The new ones will sell even more since they will have more room inside.

wat ?
All I see is the 2.0D - 120d, 320d, 420d, 520d, X3 xDrive20d, X1 xDrive20d - everybody is bonkers after the 2.0L diesel.
But then again, everyone is bonkers for VAG's 2.0TDI too and the 2.2L from Mercedes is also their best seller

What is it with us europeans and 2.0 litre 4-cyl diesels ? These things get the most funding and research out of any other engine.

Except for Alfa Romeo. Alfa does 1.75 litre bi-turbo petrol engines.

>just over 100€/ month for a 116i lease with medium trim
>180€ for a 118d
>600€+ for a 140i
I can see why, they have plenty of ads for entry level 1-series

Isn't diesel taxed by displacement? So a (older) 116d would be the same tax as a 120/123d. Would make sense for company cars. Plus the "I don't want look poor" mentality

99% of the diesels are company cars.
Pretty much every other person buys petrol.

Because those cars were memed hard by marketing, dealers and tax incentives. A convenient collaboration of various divisions of car manufacture and sale that made them the most profitable car for manufacturers and the most cost-effective car for fleet managers and car buyers. It's all very clever. With dieselgate people are gradually shifting away from diesel but they're still top purchase for most.

who's memeing friendo ...
>dieselgate
lel

Swapping ending digits of agreement and truth.

These two posts sum up all that you need to know about BMW. If you can afford the top balls-out models, they are the best. Literally anything else is a hopeless shitpile that represents Germany in 2017. A wonderful heritage ruined by filling it up with Turks, Arabs, and childfree hedonists. Germany a shit. It's litwrally Istanbul with sausage.

VW DID NOTHING WRONG!

From my experience nobody gives a shit about dieselgate but about big cities want to ban old diesels to drive round and pollute their downtowns

Didn't say that.

The top model will be Awd for sure but adding a differential it's different from making a specific rwd platform just to sell a the top engine and the top trim of a fwd model.

2000 people buy the fwd model
20 people could be interested in the "M1" model

Using this logic the "M1" with ad hoc platform should cost 200.000€ each if they want to pay the R&D costs

Anyone who gives a shit about performance. The 3 series became a bloated pigfat burger car the size of a 5 series. The 1 series came up as a replacement before the whole 2 and 4 series stupidity

false
in north/eastern europe diesel is the #1 choice, followed by petrol+lpg

I run a car rental branch in England. I'm getting a lot of customers request petrols unless they're driving miles. Dieselgate did a lot to raise public awareness. My staff used to use diesel as an upsell tool but they can't really do that anymore.

But then who will deliver to their farm to table cheese shops and artisanal breakfast cereal co-ops where employees are paid a mandatory $20 minimum wage?

Fuck me city dwellers are stupid

Confirmed.

In Europe tons of people unironically drives diesel because MUH TORQUE and MUH CHEAPER DIESEL.

>higher price of a Diesel engine (at least +1800€ from the petrol engine with the same power)
>higher manteinance costs
>if you don't drive a Diesel engine as it is supposed to be driven (constant "high" speed on highway like roads or actual highways) it will drink a very little less than a diesel
>to balance the costs of a diesel over a petrol engine you have to at least drive for 16-17.000 km PER YEAR

basically what said. Everybody is bonkers for diesels. Even the small, city-exclusive superminis get diesels and people buy them even if 95% of their driving is home-work-supermarket-home.

Depends on the country. In eastern europe the tax on displacement is the same for everybody, doesn't matter if it's petrol or diesel, old or new. Most of the differentiated taxing comes from the CO2 and NOx count.

2.0 litres is as much as you can get away before cars start getting fucked by displacement/horsepower taxes

So what you are saying is that euros are uninformed, virtue signaling dopes that place appearances ahead of practicality?

And you guys give us shit for buying trucks

It's for the people commuting by car every day, not for delivery trucks that have special licenses to drive in anyways. Even tho I've seen fully electric trucks in Munich before.

Is that short or long term rental? And I'm from Germany, rental cars here are diesels since they are expected to use very little fuel (some companies even sell an option to make sure you get a diesel)

This sums it up pretty well

What a sad existance

*sigh*

You stupid fucks will never learn.
Europe consists of many countries each with it's own individual laws, preferences and sales numbers.
You are generalizing over and over again without actually specifying the country you are talking about.

Eurocrats should be shot.
How can such a big bunch of people hate fun so much.

>it isn't RWD
y Honda, y?

16 Year Olds: The car.

MUH FWD

D A M A G E
C O N T R O L

underrated

the 3 series only weigh 3200lbs

the m3 variant weighs 3500lb

i think thats fucking phenomenal in a day and age where all car's weight AND size are increasing

to put it in perspective my 1994 maxima weighed 3100 lbs and it was a tin shitbox

rabbit ho

I was going to post this, user. Good on you for remembering it.

Sigh. To me that fwd minivan a few years back was all that I needed to see.

>Pic related, this is what BMW has become.

>5 door

Nice to see they completely fucked it up so I don't have to care.

Is every 1 series going to be fwd or only some

Every 1 Series.

The cancer will spread.

>virtue signaling
>appearances
????

No you fucking twat they're just retarded because they think higher MPGs = better and cheaper.
They don't realize a 1.0 liter 3cyl diesel city car that does 5,000 km of short trips a year is fucking retarded, they just see that it gets 40MPG and that diesel is 20 cents cheaper per liter.

t. Germany

>euros are uninformed, virtue signaling dopes
Pretty much, but that's beside the point.

The i8 is pretty cool.

>bbc.com/autos/story/20151201-for-bmws-i8-the-m5s-v8

is this your car too, bitch

You do understand there are close to 20 different cars that BMW sells and makes now, and that's not counting trims.