/palg/ - Paladins General

NOTE: You will be playing against bots in casual queue until you reach account level 5.

>Official pages
Forums: forums.paladins.com/
Server status: status.hirezstudios.com/

>FAQ, useful links etc.
pastebin.com/mx4LjKSz

>Patch notes (OB45)
forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?31957

>Datamine (OB44)
smitedatamining.com/paladins-ob-44-datamining-oracle-lawman-and-inara/

>Steam Store
store.steampowered.com/app/444090/

>Paladins Wiki
paladins.gamepedia.com/Paladins_Wiki

>Tutorials made by Hi-Rez (playlist) - may contain some outdated info
youtube.com/watch?v=qvmzT6CSvg8&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNyc6n9nhYujLyniK69nMFrB

>Champion guides made by Hi-Rez (playlist) - may contain some outdated info
youtube.com/watch?v=0p9Ptob5pC4&list=PLfqXKYM_LlNwUxmoNDngInm4DnaanoKS9

>Decks
paladinsdecks.com/

>/palg/ ID List
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1X6NNDQLSytCCoExPCtt48Bq9_Sv_Ha4qZkOeHS1DcS8/edit#gid=485142380

>Account statistics
masterpaladins.com
paladins.guru

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=of3iFWnok1c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First (?) for Inara is a qt.

first for still Busted Sky

OB45 patch preview sucks. OB46 when?

>Drogoz can go over the tiny wall that doesn't even pop up instantly
>Retards think stone lady will be some unholy counter

Let's not forget that the wall has a 15 seconds cooldown unless you take the legendary for it

oh you

Sky always get's wrecked like this.. .

She's gonna have a lot of rock related puns, isn't she.

Woah, did anyone read the new PvE?
>Tyra, Buck, Makoa, Maeve, and Sha Lin in a 5v5 Survival encounter. When any of them reach 50% health they activate their ultimate permanently until they are killed.

>Buck gets double damage
>Tyra never stops shooting
>Makoa actually is slightly less of a threat
>can't see anything
>your sight fails you permanently

>Maeve nerfed to be worse than Skye

That's not even possible.

>Tyra will never pull you back in her bed after sex, telling you "I'm not finished"

>Baroness Tyra

You know what you have to do now hi-rez.

Cobra Commander - Barik
Destro - Viktor
Sepentor - Mal'Damba

And then Skye tosses a smoke bomb at them and they're all easy kills... again. I really hope not, though.

If it's inside a room she can make a closed door for you

If he comes to you in an open field you can grow a wall in front of you or even under you to make it harder to hit you

You will need to be good though

maeve got fucked. fucking noobs can't play against her and cried all day. she wasn't even op at high levels. rip

Maeve spammer's opinion on the nerf:

>Nine Lives
>No longer heals Maeve by default.
Don't care.

>Prowl
>Reduced Movement Speed from 80 to 65%.
>Increased Cooldown from 9 to 12s.
Don't care.

>Pounce
>Range reduced from 70 to 50.
Might be an issue if it's no longer possible to pounce on top of some buildings but it's probably just going to require an extra jump.
>Reduced damage from 600 to 500.
Actually somewhat of an issue. See table. Some duels at the beginning of the round (Cassie, Kinessa, Sha Lin, Andro, Ying) now require an extra dagger hit.
Barely any change if the enemy bought Haven though.

I feel like this won't affect me much due to my playstyle. I just need to get a bit better at landing daggers to compensate.
I also think that it will absolutely wreck your average Maeve player -> small buff next patch. Screencap this.

t. damage controlling maeve shitter

>another champ with no movement abilities
>perfect bait for THE FURY
>can just fly over walls
>gonna cuck drogoz
nigga...

>waits for wall
>wall comes eventually
>BEHOLD
>fisted stonewomen all around

woo

wtf are you talking about. the longer prowl and nine lives nerfs are ridic overkill. she was already fairly easy for a good player to hit despite her speed in prowl, now she's going to be sluggish.

What is even the point of playing that

Is there a way to update my PTS account as the same level my main is ? For some reason it's like 1 month behind

>someone did an excel spreadsheet for this
Wow.

>literally an inch from winning a game
>booted out of the match and to the menu with neither rhyme nor reason
No wonder they didn't contest the point, they were in another window firing up the drophack thing.

>nine lives
>don't care

Nigga you can win duels with that and now you won't. It's pretty big of a deal unless you pick the leggo for that.

I am still writing

how far are you?

955 words

gr8 recolors

first maeve and now this
they really don't care do they?

Fucking custom cursors when?

lol

You already get 280 per pounce if you have a proper deck. If you need an extra 500 health on top of that then you're just bad.

That's a dedication.
Keep up the good work, user!

why do people think drogozs ult is op? it can ONLY kill 1 person as opposed to other ults that can wipe multiple people. Fernando & Ying hard counter it, and it has a long start up time while he announces to everyone that its coming

Her weapon is funny too.

Loving
Every
Laugh

what is it about?

no spoilers

About Skye raping Kinessa or about Maeve working as a maid.

after evie, we realized how much hair color affects the feel of the character.
we decided to keep them exclusive to premium fully themed skins so the different recolors do not disturb the intended aesthetic of a character

Keep in mind that we'll be offering a sweet Tyra hair option for just 75 crystals and a bit of luck in the next patch!

>tfw you once killed an ulting Drogoz as an ulting Makoa, because he had an audacity to try and boot his ult right in front of your face

>implying it's not about Desert Chink and Nando
Eh, I'll enjoy it either way.

it charges super quick and you can selectively delete anyone, use it to bait out fernando ult then swing for damage, use it to kill someone coming out of spawn, it's just really good. the only downside is the startup and that's just a matter of finding a good position to use it

>hirez incharge of falloff again

name 1 ult that can kill a champion with 8000+ health guaranteed and cannot be easily stopped by shields or good awareness

saw that shit in the preview
what a fucking shitshow

Why is Drogoz so fun, lads?

thats stupid. he could've avoided that by simply thrusting first

Guess I have to repeat myself. It can only kill 1 (one) person, & its not even guaranteed either since you can die if people focus you. A lot of ults can kill many people, even ults from tanks & supports can get multi kills (torvald pip). Drogoz, no matter how good the player, can only kill a single person.

Because he's a relic of Tribes.

>Fernando & Ying hard counter it

Nando doesn't because his ult charges slower than Drogoz and at the end of the day losing the ult just to counter Drogoz is far more damaging than Drogoz not getting 1 instant free kill.

Its not that its the most OP thing in the game, its just that its annoying as fuck, there isn't any other skill like this in the game, not even Pip's ult is such an cheap free kill (and that one can be actually be hard countered by anyone with the cheapest blue item), only Ying and Evie can reliably counter his ult but they aren't really primary targets for it, this is all on top of an already very strong character.

Ying doesnt have to be the target. She can put a clone infront of your frontliner to body block it. Looking at it objectively, it isnt OP. But because people feel like they had an unfair death, they resort to calling it OP. I will say that it is rather annoying to be killed by it. Maybe they could replace dragon punch with him breathing fire or some shit.

Good.

not just that, any good team will punish you if you do ult.

so don't play drogoz then if you don't like it

She seems useless
youtube.com/watch?v=of3iFWnok1c

I think she is.

Blocking paths seems usefull but the wall doesnt last very long.

?????

Im defending Drogoz.

She also looks really boring. Atleast this'll get more people to play a tank for once.

She also looks pretty bad, the colors are all over the place

well, you better learn how to work with Inara cuz she will be in every game.

She will need a proper shield next to her... i'm guessing dmg nando would actually work nicely, maybe ruckus or barik for even better damage...

Wait... most maps only have 3 entrances don't they? 3 tank meta?

yes, and she'll be solo tank, destroyed in seconds

which is why you will also pick a tank

where is my skellyman champion lo-rez
this game cannot succeed with a calcium deficiency

who will player support then?

What are the statistics of her deploy-able slow thing? Like the % of slow & how much damage a second it does.
Was thinking it'd be cool to combo that ability with damba's gourd.

>solo tank
>slow
>shit damage
>her only "defensive" ability to help the team is just a wall that your allies can't shoot through, only good to cut off some passage

60% slow, 30/tick, lasts for about 6 seconds.

This is the only fun thing about Inara and it takes a 4 point epic in your loadout to get it

There's 4 ticks a second right? That sounds like her strongest ability imo

>It can only kill 1

So what? Its pretty much a guaranteed free kill with no reliable counters aside Evie and maybe Ying, It completely shuts down Makoa's ult, no other ability is like that and this is all on top of a very strong character, Torvald is low damage and short ranged, he gets a chance at killing a bunch people a couple times in a match and Pip's ult is cheaply countered by resilience and by Torvald, it isn't comparable at all.

>only good to cut off some passage
*for a few seconds

I want the wall to be a permanent deployable that can only be removed by destroying it or by making another wall

if 2 tanks Ying's Lifelike still works. But Grover or Pip is fine if tanks stay close to each other. Grohk as healer isn't a bad choice either actually. Poor Snek...
In casual add slightly nerfed Drogoz and direct DMG
in competitive it will be fun to see how meta will adjust to Inara first pick.

What about the area Slow/cripple?

its small.

>area slow
damba can do this at range and it can't be destroyed
>cripple
mite b good

if you play damage well you can win no matter how retarded your team is

i wonder why nobody likes playing the job classes

they should introduce a damage&flank only playlist so that we dont have to deal with anymore dumb people who refuse to complete the trinity

this is what kinessa pickers unironically believe

Really? gl with your half an hour queue times.

>tfw played to truth

it's true, cucknessa just has a harder time
also true for andro

>those censors

It's time to stop.

>play tank or support in casual
>your team is good
>do nothing all game besides sitting on the objective and pushing the payload
>your team is bad
>do nothing all game besides getting shredded 5vs1

>rarely a balanced game appears and you can actively play your role and have fun

>play flank or damage instead
>have fun in all games, even when you lose

this

makoa can at least make sick pulls in losing games though, so he's okay. Pip is also good because he's alright against deathballs.

>what is flanktanking
even the supports can flank if they want.
the only true looser is torvald, and now inara too

>do nothing all game besides sitting on the objective and pushing the payload
yeah, you see.... This is why i hate letting other people tank/supp.

You don't get it, if your team is pushing the other's team shit in there's almost nothing to do even if you want.

that's the thing, tanks and supports can do what the dmg dealers and flanks do, flanks and DMGs can't replace tanks and healers.

Just look at "pro" games 2tanks+healer or 2 tanks & 2 supports is standard and for a reason.

STFU, Pip is the only FUN in this game. And he is support

>pip
>support

He can be played as one, though it's more "artillery" support as opposed to healing support.

>this is what damage shitters actually believe

it's true, getting frags is fun regardless of the outcome

STFU

Odd place to put a flank

Pip is H E L P F U L!

?

>Keep thinking she's a hippy with Bell Bottoms on.

So how is she supposed to be played? I saw someone in the thread mentioned using her as a n annoyance tool in the Ice Mines.

Tank is front liner.
Youre thinking of the point as the front line. But a Tank should be pushing beyond the point along with damage. And support is the class that should cap/push the point/payload while healing those in front.