/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Melted into the walls of Yahar'gul: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/

/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules: a.pomf.cat/jzmnvh.jpg)

/bbg/ Spelunking Club
Password=/bbg/
Create a new S/FRC chalice dungeon and beckon anons to join
OR
Use the Short Root Chalice with the password /bbg/ to be summoned or invade
(every Friday 6pm EST, anything goes)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uiwQpFO0j8s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for my weaponfu reiter-chan

>church cannon has superior looks
>regular cannon fits better into my build
OH WOE IS ME
ill just go with the gatling

/x/ had a really good deep sea thread earlier on, there was a bunch of really neat, Bloodborne looking shit, gonna post a few

The Gatling Gun looks better than both anyway.

The thing on the right reminds of the crawlers from the Nightmare Frontier

>tfw never understood why people are afraid of deep see
>tfw would unironically enjoy to be a deep one

It gets better worse

FUCK the deep sea tbqh
Keep posting though.

yeah mane

Imagine Nightmare areas made of solidified bells. It has fast enemies in it, and if you hit one of the solidified bells literally making up the area, it summons invaders. Offline, it has a chance of summoning a random NPC invader, online, actual invaders.

There's a constant eerie chiming on the wind, as if from some far off place.

Ayy

This reminds me of crawlers, too

Last one, I'm pretty sure it's a fucking phantasm

Please do

so far I have

pure bloodtinge
pure arcane (dat squid build GOAT)
arcane/strength
pure strength
pure skill

all around level 100, give or take a couple of levels. What should is do next? I've come back from a long ass break from this game and it feels fresh as fuck it's awesome.

I'm think maybe strength/bloodtinge.

god fucking damn it I fucking hate Ebrietas so fucking much. Im level 91 and I still cant beat the Upper Cathedral Ward one. I miss my BLT and ARC builds so fucking much where I could just spam long distance shit non-stop. I never should have gone back to a STR build. Please kill me

Bait the head slams and hit her head. Play unlocked, by the way. She is still pretty easy to beat without long range damage.

Dude, she is fukken ridiculously easy on a Str build. You have access to the Whirligig for fug sake. Just pop a BBP and tear dat ass up from behind, or just bait out head slams.

Once you get her mostly dead, you can just finish her off with BMA Repeating Pistol shots.

Is skill/arc a good build or should I just go full arc?

Chose tragic past so I guess I should go full arc

SKL/ARC

Thanks I thought as much

I lied I missed some

This is a pretty classic deep sea nightmare fish, if BB ever got more content in some way, I'd like to see some deep sea influences

Deep sea's full of fun stuff worse than Anglerfish, Gulper eels are quite literally roaming stomachs with tails that just float around in the dark with open maws, sometimes ripping open their stomach-bodies after eating something too big. There's also the unimaginably fucked Stoplight Loosejaw, a type of eel that has evolved a spotlight to hunt prey with. But here's the trick, fish down there that still have functioning eyes can't see red and red is the first thing absorbed by the darkness down there, so the Stoplight Loosejaw emits a red searchlight from its eyes that only IT can see, other fish can't, so it can easily search out prey down there with an effectively invisible light.

>coop makeshift altar
>makes noise of finding a player
>chalice appear on altar
>nothing happens

Never been to Isz or Ithyll before. Anybody wanna go on an adventure?

Sure, post a pass m8. The standard dungeons, right?

Actual last one

My favourite is the one second down on the left, I absolute hate it

yerp.

pw is shaka

Untricked or tricked Logarius wheel?

depends on your build and gems, both are good.

Doing Isz first? It's usually faster for me to run through the dungeon alongside the host instead of waiting for SRRC.

yup. Ringing at L1 lantern

I prefer tricked version for revving and multi-hit shenanigans. You also get access to tools for building it 25/50 Str Arc.

Alright, I'm ringing.

So is it true that Maria wears diapers and if so which kind?

How much vit is recommended for the Logarius wheel?

Am I likely to run out of chunks if I'm trying to upgrade 6 weapons to +9 in one game? Including any chunks you can get from CDs.

What's a good build in which I can use both the LHB and the Logarius wheel?

The Boom Hammer seems a pretty fun weapon for my STR build. Am I being rused?

Its pretty solid untill you get your hands on the whirligig

Then it will become your love

It's been a while since I played but I don't think you get enough chunks for 6 weapons in one playthrough + chalice. However if you are farming for good gems for any of the weapons you will easily get enough chunks. for a lot of weapons getting good gems will usually end up getting you 100 or so chunks to go with it.

What's your favourite non-DLC weapon?

Saw cleaver

Its quick and does decent damage

Either CF: 40+/12+/25/12/5/50 if you're gonna stick to tricked Wheel mostly and convert LHB, or 50/25/10+ Str/Skl/Arc, you can use Blunts for untricked Wheel or Flat Arc and abuse the tricked multi-hits. Former has Tools and can use revving effectively so I prefer it.

Seg, thanks for the help in Isz. Gotta get the Living String from pic related in Mensis, so it might be a little while if thats alright

Cheers, take your time, m8. I'll join you for Ihyll as soon as you're ready.

How long would it take me to convert the blade?

>want madman garb
>don't want to get summoned to hintertombs from makeshift altar

suffering

Just slot fire/bolt/arcane gems, should be possible after BSB. There's a guide in the OP for Arcane builds.

Just make it and run through, it's easy as fuck

Which wallpaper is better? Does anyone have a better one?

Top one. Night time Yharnam has top tier atmosphere.

What are some good build if I dont have the DLC?

the problem is once you make it you can get summoned to it. hintertombs are zero fun because it's only depth 3 and easy AF.

I don't know. I feel like top one is more style over substance and, while each of the buildings is very creative and unique, there's very few to begin with. Bottom takes a medieval setting and lifts it up to show a unique structure built upon, but not too reliant, on the medieval theme. It also has more BUILDSings.

To be fair, I've done Hintertombs, and only like 5% of my random SRRC sessions are there. Most people just don't do it.

Any kind, Blt will always be the most limited but even more so without the DLC since you don't have Bowblade and Bloodletter.

But no one does Hintertombs anyway, just do it faget

Have someone drop it for youoh wait :^)

Top, it looks more like a wallpaper while the bottom looks more like concept art.

What is a good level to solo orphan with a Str/Arc build? I'm currently 93 but I can't tell if I'm under-leveled, under-gemmed, or under-skilled.

BL93 sounds more than fine for Orphan

You're a bit over-leveled if it's NG. It's most likely due to being under-gemmed since there's rarely any decent Arc gems in the main game and I assume you haven't gone deep into CD's yet. If you've gone the 50 Arc route, farm some Lighthouse Bolts from the fish wizards for Orphan. He's weaker to Fire but it's not a huge gap from Bolt. They come in Radial and go up to 20.3%. There's a Bolt Waning near the Blood Rock too.

Thanks user!

You gonna be around tomorrow at all? Just got done whooping Micolashes faggot ass and Im running out of steam

>No intro cutscene of your caracter arriving in Yharnam and into Iosefka's clinic in a carriage as Yharnamites peek at the streets through their windows and talk rumors about the newcomer as the Grand Cathedral's bell tolls, marking the beginning of the hunt
>no intro cutscene with quick snipets of Gascoine saying goodbye to his family as he heads out on the hunt, Vicar Amelia praying, Eileen jumping through rooftops looking for hunters, William staring at the lake with the sun setting, a large crowd congregated in Yahar'gul's advent plaza praying, etc.
>no into cutscene giving your insight into Yharnam's history with cool visuals

Miyazaki why

I can't seem to connect with anyone through my bell or through the SRRC. I was just getting tons of people a few hours ago, now I've been at SRRC looking for anythone at all for over 10 minutes. Same thing at Laurence. BL116

Anyone else getting this or is it just me? I tried restarting my modem and router and ps4

Is there a list of all the gems that can be picked up in the main game and the DLC?

I've reached DSP levels of buttfuckery trying to beat Kos. Every other boss has been easy peasy. Running an Arcane build and the only way I have a chance is if I just keep baiting out the same two parry-able moves in phase 1. Once phase two starts, I just get rekt everytime. If I get slammed from the air, it's basically game over as I can never get to heal after that. I'm only doing 215 a hit with a Fire Saw Spear.

What do?

I think you missed the point of the game, user

I think it's just the time of day, I struggle to get summons around this time and I'm struggling right now.

I am actually going through the exact same thing right now. I feel your pain bro.

Str leaning Quality with LHB as your main weapon and Axe as your secondary weapon.

use bolt gems

Yeah, you can catch me best around this time tomorrow, around the evening. Maybe even earlier, 2-3 PM EST if you're up as well, m8.

Or miyazaki was to lazy to figure out a proper way to implement an intro that was cinemartic, gave you some insight into the universe or summarized some part of your goal as character without giving out too much.

>use Boom Hammer tricked charged R2 again random enemy
>1600 damage

holy fuck, its not even +10 or equipped with top tier gems yet

But it's basically prime time in the US, and on a weekend. 8:30pm on the west coast, 11:30pm on the East. It's not like most people are working or sleeping right now. Not to mention this game has worldwide matchmaking

what are your stats?

I am 25str / 25skl / 50arc and mine does like 1300 on a charged R2

I dunno, it's Friday night
Maybe people are off doing things.

>summon into help a host
>already another summon there
>summon takes it upon themselves to set a new level speedrun record
>rushing ahead to solo kill everything with their perfect build and top gems
>opening doors and chests

honestly worse than any troll. if a host is clearly familiar with the level it's fine to rush it. but when hosts are clearly exploring it's rude as fuck.

50-25 STR/SKL

that poster may not be in that region, like myself. out of region matchmaking works but for me is nowhere near as consistent as in region is.

but I see white phantoms all over the place

how large are the regions?

Most hosts don't care tbqh. I always rush to the lever without killing anything, 90% of the time if they see the door open they don't bother clearing the level and go straight to the boss.

user, the whole idea is you wake up in a (figurative) nightmare, after some kind of freakish surgery, and it's through environmental storytelling, NPC dialogue, item description that you uncover the reasons behind what you see and do.

>No intro cutscene of your caracter arriving in Yharnam and into Iosefka's clinic in a carriage as Yharnamites peek at the streets through their windows and talk rumors about the newcomer as the Grand Cathedral's bell tolls, marking the beginning of the hunt

You wake up in a sickroom, not terribly hard to deduce the reasons. Also, why ruin your first glimpses of Yharnam as an apocalypse-in-happening? Fires, overturned carriages, roaming mutants - you're in a horror story, user. Knowing anything is anathema to the experience. Finding NPCs is a 'oh thank fuck you're normal' moment.

>no intro cutscene with quick snipets of Gascoine saying goodbye to his family as he heads out on the hunt, Vicar Amelia praying, Eileen jumping through rooftops looking for hunters, William staring at the lake with the sun setting, a large crowd congregated in Yahar'gul's advent plaza praying, etc.

Gascoigne's story is environmental storytelling. You learn it backwards and are rewarded with an 'Oh no...' moment, only realizing what happened after it happened.
You see Amelia praying anyway. To show it all beforehand ruins the moment of realization that this 'healing church' has some deep problems.
Eileen jumping around just seems pointless, I don't understand this.
Willem and Yahar'gul? Really? These are massive spoilers, a deeply important figure you hear about first and then find in a pathetic mushroom state unable to even talk, and Yahar'gul, kind of a pivotal place to reveal so early, don't you think? Why ruin the reveal so early?

>no into cutscene giving your insight into Yharnam's history with cool visuals

You literally just want to be spoonfed the lore, then? Because the history of the city is kind of the plot of the game.

>Get up to Orphan and Mergo
>Up to Level 92
>realize I forgot all about Cainhurst

Fuck

I was getting a lot more activity last night at 4am

I'm gonna try port forwarding TCP ports 18671 and 20443 and see if that helps

M8 thesouls games have been doing find with explaining some of the lore through cutscenes. I'm not ssking to be spoonfed, I'm asking the game to put as much effort into it's intro cutscenes as the other games did.

youtube.com/watch?v=uiwQpFO0j8s

The whole game is a horrific mystery, though, it benefits from a lack of direct information. It's like, imagine The Call of Cthulhu with a third person informal narrator. The entire tone and message of the story changes from a personal account of the unraveling of a mystery into a fantastical narrative. Bloodborne is obtuse by design and is very much about your own personal descent into the mystery of Yharnam and the blood, everything you find, or don't find, adds to that whole idea.

Is there anything else in this game other than Gehrman telling you that you can fuck the Doll that's intentionally humorous?

The "How to Pick Up Fair Maidens" books in the Hunter's Dream and other places

>The whole game is a horrific mystery

Not him, but the game is actually a hack and slash dark fantasy adventure game.

this actually seemed to fix the issue

Until you get to Byrgenwerth and find out you're in a cosmic horror story with aliens from another dimension. Horror protagonists can and often do have agency, even Lovecraft's ones. That and the blurb on the back of the box refers specifically to a 'a deadly mystery that swallows everything it touches' and to 'uncover secrets'. It's a selling point of the game itself. Just because we kill monsters to uncover the terrible truths doesn't mean it isn't ultimately a mystery.

who has the biggest hat in this game

Boom Hammer guy

What is the fucking secret to Orphan's second phase?

Anyone for a late-night spelunk? I think I have one layer more of this Loran, then I'm gonna make another.

Gonna make a coffee and fire the game up in about five minutes.