Utah repealed safety inspections

Based Republicans against all forms of taxation; soon we'll only need emissions. Some things are still written about having a safety in the car but I believe it's commercial vehicles, I need to find some explanations of all this. Not sure if it's just not needed for registration or what, because if we're just totally free I'm way more comfortable with retinting my windows and building out HIDs.

*begin local news comment section shitslinging*

So basically it doesn't matter if your shitbox is literally about to fall apart, as long as it has functional emissions equipment it's all good?

That's like the complete opposite of sensible.

How many politicians does it take to change a light bulb?

"The Constitution says I shouldn't be forced to do anything"

American education, everyone.

>libtards butthurt that people can drive a car without an inspection

top kek. I've never lived somewhere where they did inspections. It's not like some dumbfuck 16 year old future HS drop out inspecting everybody's cars based off a bureaucrat-created checklist is going to make the roads safer.

With Mormons? 38 from the House, 15 from the Senate, and a governor after heavy consultation with their bishops to check that God wants them to declare burned out bulbs the accepted standard.

Literally 3rd world-tier

>inspections are unnecessary communism
*tips MAGA hat and drives off with fucked steering and brakes*

Real talk
>people that have crazy mods have a friend who hooks them up with inspection
>people who are too poor to fix windshield cracks and trite issues get fines stacking up for not being able to register/missing inspection/fixit tickets/etc

I'm middle class as fuck so a fixit ticket isn't a problem for me and registration is a pain but not a showstopper, but I know people on minimum wage who barely have a concept of "emergency funds" who get a ticket for a cracked windshield and just get fucked. Can't afford the repair, can't afford the ticket, can't take time off work to fuck around at the courthouse or DMV like I can, etc. There's an issue of the roads being safer and such, but our roads are full Mad Max anyways, who cares if their blinkers work since they never fucking use them.

Side note, DMV/DPS should be fucking open on Saturdays.

What's the issue? Emissions should be thrown out too.

If anything it should be the other way around. Emissions testing is usually bullshit, safety actually makes sense unless you really want to be able to drive a complete death trap for some reason.
Ideally it'd help people keep their car in decent shape, although it'd probably get corrupted into some bullshit cash grabbing scheme like everything always does.

It astounds me how poorly educated so much of our populace is on basic civics

>make sure lights work and aren't covered up by retarded mods
>make sure brakes work decently
>no emissions or other bullshit
>rust and structural damage will only fuck over the occupants of that car so it's not a public safety concern
Cheap and easy. Anyone see a problem with this kind of inspection?

>Pay $25 for "safety inspection"
>Fails because of a lightbulb
>Get $250 ticket for driving unsafe vehicle
>Have to pay $50 for a retest

It's not about "safety" just like how emissions isn't about emissions. It's just about money.

This. For some reason people think it needs to be in showroom condition to pass inspection.

>muh glorious utopia

The ineffectiveness of inspections in America (either because they're too lax or too corrupt) brings Americans to believe that inspections are inherently ineffective. That is however a misconception.

Do you really think we could maintain a highway network with no general speed limit if we allowed complete shitboxes and deathtraps on the road? Rigorous enforcement of vehicle condition alongside adequate driver training and diligent road maintenance are part of what enable the Autobahn.

>This is what libtards actually believe

Without fees and tickets, people would have money to fix their cars instead of it being stolen.

>rust and structural damage will only fuck over the occupants of that car so it's not a public safety concern
Right up to the point when the subframe collapses at the wrong moment and the car veers off into oncoming traffic. The entire point of inspections isn't to ensure that the car is safe to drive, it's to ensure that it's safe enough for others to be around.

Dumb ancap detected

>>rust and structural damage will only fuck over the occupants of that car so it's not a public safety concern
Suspension, steering and throttle should be other things you can fail on, as failure of one of those could put others in danger.
Make sure to point that other shit out though, same with anything mechanical. That way people actually know what to fix.

>Without fees and tickets, people would have money to fix their cars instead of it being stolen.
Without inspections, retards would just run car after car into the ground because they expect it to work without any maintenance like any appliance.

>why yes of course people would become more responsible with less regulations instead of throwing out the money for even more needless bullshit
The general irresponsibility is what brought regulations to be in the first place.

Haha it's always so amusing to watch Americans throw around words they don't understand.
You're the liberal in this situation, my liberty loving friend.

I have an idea. Waive the fees when they get it fixed.

[citation needed]. Crap you screenshotted off facebook doesn't count as 'news'.

I love living in a state with no safety inspections.

But then at same time, I've seen cars where the hoods are ducktaped shut, No side view mirrors, driving on 4 donuts.

All kinda shit.

How can something be hilarious and irritating at the same time? Do libtards use some kind of random adjective generator when they're trying to express themselves?

Did you guys ever heard about the politican that drowned in the reflecting pool?

He drove his convertible in and couldn't get out.

joke: inspections and DMV hours are an example of incompetent, lazy bureaucracy insofar as they make life unnecessarily difficult for the very poor, throw the bums out

broke: inspections and DMV hours are deliberately designed to make it expensive for the very poor to drive, the state oppresses the poor in order to reinforce existing power hierarchies and extract as much surplus as it possibly can from politically vulnerable classes, fight the power

woke: inspections and DMV hours (among a good deal else) are deliberately designed to make it expensive for the very poor to drive, and this is good because 1) a strong class hierarchy is generally important for societal function but politically unpalatable to implement openly and 2) poverty and SES are strongly and negatively correlated with conscientiousness, IQ, and impulse control and it is desirable that drivers be screened for those traits but again politically unpalatable that they be openly screened for those traits.

Not enough of a deterrent. If you can get fines waived you'll just go "I can keep driving around with this fault until I'm stopped for it because fixing it will cost the same then as now".

why would i pay to fix my car if i dont have to?

>underfund your public services
>let all all tax raises disappear in various pockets to no productive effect because your politics are a corrupt lobbyist shitshow
>OUR PUBLIC SERVICES ARE SHIT, JUST THROW THEM OUT, PRIVATIZE EVERYTHING

>He thinks liberals stand for freedom and equality just because of their name
It's a buzzword

Why's that my problem? It's their personal property

No, it's a way for government to bring more taxes.

To be fair, alberta has mandatory saftey inspections when you go to insure a vehicle more than 15 years old.

I dont know a single person who gets them done legit. Almost everyone knows a guy who knows a mechanic who will sign off the paperwork for 40$ in a mcdonalds parking lot.

>german inspections
Aftermarket shifty knob? VERBOTEN! Only trained engineers can design a shifty knob!

Yeah and you should stop using it. You don't look any better than leftists calling right wingers "fascist".

Right wingers are fascists tho

Well if it's a choice between paying tax money that gets embezzled away or not having that tax imposed in the first place, the choice is obvious. The choices are finite here.

>It's their personal property
And they're using it in the public space which only functions in the first place due to consideration and compromise, and the rules there are different than in their redneck backyards.

Shut up, you're basically Stalin. I'm shaking now.

Stalin did nothing wrong

>All roads are public

You don't need inspection to drive on private roads.

I don't need inspections to drive on public roads either. My state isn't ran by liberals.

>Private roads

It seems like it is though.

You're free to pave a road network through your redneck farm where you can do whatever the hell you damn well please. Private toll road providers usually apply the same rules as on public roads to handle their legal responsibility.

I'm so glad I don't live in an inspection state.

Doesn't mean that your state doesn't have traffic laws and vehicle codes. It only means that the vehicle codes are up to incompetent traffic cops to enforce.

Post car. Expecting some post-apocalyptic shit homie

>hits you at a stop light
>pic related
>yeah i dont have insurance either so.. whatever

>I'm so glad I don't have to put headlights and a windshield on my car
Gee, what inhumane fucking demands. Headlights on a car? That's basically communism!

agreed, now i wont need to worry about aiming my headlights and fog lights

It's not that bad

>1990 S10
>2.8l V6
>broken exhaust after manifold
>no right front turn signal (wire came off)
>non-functioning ABS
>broken rear leaf springs

I keep good tires on it, the brakes work, just the ABS doesn't, and 9/10 times, nobody infront of me needs to know I'm making a right turn.

found the delusional liberal

Haha nice! I'm a degenerate too! How much is heroin in yer state?

I don't know about heroin, but I can score an ounce of high end weed for under 200 most of the time

ITT: Tiebout model? Never heard of it.

lrn2selfsort you fucks

Anything more than 10 a b and you're getting ripped off, though it depends what gang member you buy from as to how fat that b is

>a commie calling others dumb
lol