New Car

What does everyone think? I payed little for it, a few bugs to work out.

Other urls found in this thread:

strictlyeta.net
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If it's a 5-speed, 2k tops
if it's an automatic 500

5 speed and payed 2k lol are you talking usd money?

Yes USD. 2k is still in range, so it must be mostly functional.

I paid 1500 usd, runs well high kilometers. Body is in excellant shape.

>500
Veeky Forums really needs to kill itself.

awesome find senpai

>(YOU)

>m-muh slushbox
Cars are tools, faggot.

it better be a manual 25i and not a shitty 25e.

It's an es. Still on the money for arou d here though. Even if I did overpay slightly I'm happy with it.

>e
kill yourself. you bought a german tractor.

If you like it, that's literally all that matters. A vast majority on here (with no real understanding of how cars work) follow a small set of memes and base their judgements of cars around that.

Find an 885 head from a 325i in a junkyard. Take the Pistons and wiring harness from the 325i and build a 2.7l stroker from the 325es engine.
With a performance/tune chip it'll get you like 200hp or more.

It does have slightly more torque than a 325i. Lol.

Good choice OP. Shame it's a diving board model, but you should try tucking the bumpers if you like that look. You could also try swapping the smaller metal bumper struts from an 88. (I have some for sale if you're interested :^))
The ETA engine is kind of really awful because it redlines at like 4500 but it's still a great car. You got a good deal.
Sorted ones, regardless of the engine go for over 5000 often.
Also that doesn't look like an es, the es had a front valance and this one has the fog lights mounted on the bumper. Can you post a picture of the seats?

Thanks guys, I knew I'd get roasted on here. Is the head off a 325i a direct swap?

It requires some modifications, but it's not that hard.
Check out strictlyeta.net they have a ton of good info on it.
Also check out r3vlimited, it's a great resource.

Your car looks great. It's impressive that the bumpers aren't sagging. I can't tell if it's delphingrey or cirrusblau but its a much nicer color than mine.
I hope you enjoy it.

>Shame it's a diving board model
Not OP but some people like that. Sacrificing a little in looks for never having to worry about a bumper scrape is alright with my. I'm not talking about hooning over speed bumps or inclines either, sometimes it can be hard to avoid.

Keep it stock. If you wanted a performance car you should've bought one.

Holy shit those look amazing. I love cloth sport seats.
Fuck off
Fuck off

>I knew I'd get roasted on here
Could be worse mate. I drive FWD CVT. I honestly think both are far more practical for city driving than RWD manual but sometimes I get fun envy.

you are a tool you fucking tool

What are you trying to prove

no u. it's only original once.

>trying to keep an eta stock because muh original

The 325es are not performance cars stock, but the have good potential. There's no reason why anyone would want to keep one stock, especially since the head swap is relatively easy and extremely well documented.

I love the seats in it as well, with the houndstooth and corduroy. Having trouble finding some cloth to repair the rip though. The paint is cosmosblau by the way. Comes off more silver to me.

It's really hard to find oem replacements for the cloth. I'm planning on reupholstering my vinyl seats with cloth but I'm having a hard time finding some that's not super scratchy or expensive.

You prolly shouldn't be buying an old as fuck BMW that's becoming a collectible if you're looking for a tool

I might have to do that head swap in time. Sounds like a sure thing. I'll have to get out driving it and see. I don't have much a heavy foot really.

It's a summer car for me, lighter on gas than my truck too. I am finding that with the cloth too. I'm hoping I can find something similar but matching the blue is probably tough.

Thanks for the tips and website resources guys, it is all a great help.